• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't know. I'm not the one who put it there, so ask Sakurai. Maybe they can make a course like F-Zero in Melee and have an Excite Biker minigame for it

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
There will be TONS of ATs, so not every AT was close to charactership.
But if you guys used logic, do you actually think Excitebiker could be a playable character, NO!!! So don't try to be such a smart*** about it when your not even using logic. ATs like Lyn or Hammer Bro could very well have been PCs, but didn't quite make the cut.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
But if you guys used logic, do you actually think Excitebiker could be a playable character, NO!!! So don't try to be such a smart*** about it when your not even using logic. ATs like Lyn or Hammer Bro could very well have been PCs, but didn't quite make the cut.
Hammer Bro. wouldn't be a good character at all! He's just a generic enemy!

Toad has much more background and even stars in his own game. Hammer bro... :laugh:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
See, that's the thing though. Lots of us would consider Hammer Bro a member of the same category Excitebike is in.

You say "do you actually think Excitebiker could be a playable character, NO!!!"

You could replace "Excitebiker" with "Hammer Bro" and it would make just as much sense to me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah, you're right. Let's go ahead and take Peach out, she isn't a fighting character. And why don't we take half the other characters that couldn't fight before Melee out?

</sarcasm>

Toad may not be playable in Brawl, but it is NOT because he can't fight.
tell that to anyone who had oad as a partner in MP3 Duels.

He was pretty BA with that little hammer.

Heck I'd be scared of him.

My rendition of the frightening toad:

oh and, because I think it bears repeating, "percuss" rhymes with "circus" sir, your name is a lie

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I cant believe this thread is still going. toad was deconfirmed as a move. if he was made playable he would have to be the same height as the one peach uses. also toad is notorious for not fighting back. he just isnt a fighting character. the reason G&W was a fighting character is because his plenthura of games gives him many possibilities. IC were built for fighting.

also hammer bros. would make more sense to be playable characters than excitebike. they have more possibilities and do more than drive around. but the still made a good assist trophy.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Hey error_alt_delete Why did you come here if you just flam us?
The whole meaning of this thread is that Peaches toad is generic and part of a species whilst there is Kinopio which is a unique Toad that can be a playable character!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The whole meaning of this thread is that Peaches toad is generic and part of a species whilst there is Kinopio which is a unique Toad that can be a playable character!
kinda like the whole: there are thousands of yoshis, but just one yoshi

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I love it because he doesn't even realize that by posting in the topic for the sole purpose of flaming us, he in turn bumps the topic, thus keeping it alive and prolonging its lifespan. Let idiocy reign! :chuckle:

EPX2

Smash Ace
I cant believe this thread is still going. toad was deconfirmed as a move.
No, he wasn't. The only thing that's been confirmed is that he's still Peach B move. That's cool, but in no way disqualifies him from being a playable character. See Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Tron Bonne and Servbot) for an example of a game in which a playable character made up a significant portion of another character's moveset.

if he was made playable he would have to be the same height as the one peach uses.
Okay... your point?

also toad is notorious for not fighting back. he just isnt a fighting character.
Irrelevant. Mr. Game & Watch wasn't exactly well-known for being a master martial artist, yet sure enough, he made it into Melee.

Not to mention, Super Mario Bros. 2's existence contradicts your entire point.

the reason G&W was a fighting character is because his plenthura of games gives him many possibilities. IC were built for fighting.
And Sakurai's mind doesn't give Toad many possibilities? Well, shoot, guess there's no way Captain Falcon and Fox will make it into the game, then... oh wait.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That wasn't a flame, it was a perfectly coherent opinion... this thread is just like the Gardevoir and Tom Nook threads, complete wishful thinking.

EPX2

Smash Ace
That wasn't a flame, it was a perfectly coherent opinion... this thread is just like the Gardevoir and Tom Nook threads, complete wishful thinking.
The only "evidence" against Toad's inclusion is a plethora of illogical conclusions, so it's not exactly "wishful thinking."

EPX2

Smash Ace
They're illogical out of your bias
No, they're illogical because I've already seen one game that has done what many of you claim to be "impossible." Pay attention.

most likely he won't be in Brawl, characters don't get accidentally revealed and then updated on the Dojo
Who said anything about him being "accidentally revealed"? First of all, I'm not arguing that Toad will be in the game; I'm arguing that there's nothing exactly stopping him from becoming playable. Secondly, Peach and Donkey Kong were revealed in trailers/screenshots prior to their formal updates on the Dojo, so that blows that argument out of the water.

and don't give me the whole species crap.
I wasn't ever intending to do so. If you'd re-read my last post, you'd see my entire argument is in no way related to there being multiple Toads. Just as the fact that there are multiple Charizards doesn't lead me to believe Charizard will be both a playable character and a Pokeball Pokemon, I don't really buy into that "there's more than one Toad" argument.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Who said anything about him being "accidentally revealed"? First of all, I'm not arguing that Toad will be in the game; I'm arguing that there's nothing exactly stopping him from becoming playable. Secondly, Peach and Donkey Kong were revealed in trailers/screenshots prior to their formal updates on the Dojo, so that blows that argument out of the water.
Veterans get "revealed" like that because you assume they are already in the game, is not the same.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Veterans get "revealed" like that because you assume they are already in the game, is not the same.
You're not Sakurai - please stop attempting to place arbitrary rules on his updates.

Especially rules that only apply when they're convenient...

EPX2

Smash Ace
You think he would reveal a newcomer like Peach was revealed in Brawl? Don't be ridiculous.
What does what I personally think have anything to do with this? If you must know, no, I wouldn't expect Sakurai to reveal a newcomer outside of a formal update. At the same time, I wouldn't've expected Sakurai to reveal newcomers to a franchise before he revealed the veterans - sure enough, that's already happened with FE and Mother. Sakurai is unpredictable - trying to apply logic and rules to his updates is ridiculous.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I wouldn't've expected Sakurai to reveal newcomers to a franchise before he revealed the veterans
Why not? Why would they show all old stuff (which would be boring), and not new stuff to hype up the game (which is the whole point of the Dojo) .

EPX2

Smash Ace
Why not? Why would they show all old stuff (which would be boring), and not new stuff to hype up the game (which is the whole point of the Dojo) .
I never said that he wouldn't show "new stuff" - I was just kinda expecting him to get the old characters out of the way and use the new characters to build up hype in the weeks immediately before the game's release.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Toad will not be in Brawl PERIOD. Stop with your false hope and your ridiculous, unsupported claims. That is like saying Koopa Troopa could still be a PC.

I'd much rather have Koopa Troopa.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Toad will not be in Brawl PERIOD. Stop with your false hope and your ridiculous, unsupported claims. That is like saying Koopa Troopa could still be a PC.

I'd much rather have Koopa Troopa.
My "ridiculous, unsupported claims" that I've supported numerous times. LOL @ irony of you criticizing others for making unfounded claims - all the while, making one (a big one, at that) yourself.

Try again.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
My "ridiculous, unsupported claims" that I've supported numerous times. LOL @ irony of you criticizing others for making unfounded claims - all the while, making one (a big one, at that) yourself.

Try again.
How many times does someone have to tell you that Toad is deconfirmed to get it through your lack of intelligence. How are my claims unfounded? Koopa Troopa was seen in Subspace Emmisary. But, is it possible it's not THAT Koopa? No it's not, he won't be a PC period. You fail.

Fawriel

Smash Master
How many times does someone have to tell you that Toad is deconfirmed to get it through your lack of intelligence. How are my claims unfounded? Koopa Troopa was seen in Subspace Emmisary. But, is it possible it's not THAT Koopa? No it's not, he won't be a PC period. You fail.

This is a playable character from Paper Mario called Kooper.
If he was popular and stuff, would you say that he's impossible?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord

This is a playable character from Paper Mario called Kooper.
If he was popular and stuff, would you say that he's impossible?
You could say that, but comparing Kooper and Koopa Troopa is like comparing Toadsworth to Toad. It's a specific one. The Toad they support is the generic version, who is already shown to be Peaches move. So no Kooper is not impossible.

EPX2

Smash Ace
How many times does someone have to tell you that Toad is deconfirmed to get it through your lack of intelligence.
First of all, if you're going to have the audacity to criticize someone else's intelligence, at least make sure your grammar (you end questions with question marks) and reading comprehension skills are stellar. Not a good look. Secondly, Toad is not deconfirmed. You can cry that he is until your face turns blue, this simple fact will remain true - pending future updates, that is.

How are my claims unfounded?
Because, unlike myself, you're making all these wild claims without ANY evidence whatsoever. That's the exact definition of "unfounded," ergo, your claims are unfounded. Not that complex a concept to grasp. Once again, not really a good look for you to be criticizing my intelligence (or "lack of", as you decided to put it) when you don't even know the meaning of a very simple word.

Koopa Troopa was seen in Subspace Emmisary. But, is it possible it's not THAT Koopa? No it's not, he won't be a PC period. You fail.
... what the hell are you talking about? Can you read? No, seriously - I'm not saying this to insinuate that you can't read. Can you *really* read? If so, you'd see that I already said that I'm not using the "lol there's more than one Toad" argument. Jesus Christ, please have your facts straight before you decide to jump into an argument.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I wish adumbrodeus would come to this thread LMAO!

On topic only EPX2 seems to think Toad isn't deconfirmed, I agree with MegatronPwnsYou.
You obviously haven't been paying attention to this topic if you think I'm the only one who knows (yes, knows, not thinks) that Toad isn't deconfirmed.

Let me get one thing straight: I'm not a fan of Toad. At the same, I don't have any particular disdain for him. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another Mario character. However, he happens to be a pretty significant and somewhat popular one, which gives me reason to believe that he may possibly in the game. I AM NOT ARGUING THAT TOAD WILL BE IN THE GAME - I'm getting the impression that some of you think that. I'M ARGUING THAT THERE IS NOTHING BARRING HIM FROM BEING A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. This is a fact that you CAN'T dispute, unlike the claim that he WILL be playable.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You obviously haven't been paying attention to this topic if you think I'm the only one who knows (yes, knows, not thinks) that Toad isn't deconfirmed.

Let me get one thing straight: I'm not a fan of Toad. At the same, I don't have any particular disdain for him. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another Mario character. However, he happens to be a pretty significant and somewhat popular one, which gives me reason to believe that he may possibly in the game. I AM NOT ARGUING THAT TOAD WILL BE IN THE GAME - I'm getting the impression that some of you think that. I'M ARGUING THAT THERE IS NOTHING BARRING HIM FROM BEING A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. This is a fact that you CAN'T dispute, unlike the claim that he WILL be playable.
Do you also think Gardevoir can be playable unless she gets updated on the Dojo?

Fawriel

Smash Master
You could say that, but comparing Kooper and Koopa Troopa is like comparing Toadsworth to Toad. It's a specific one. The Toad they support is the generic version, who is already shown to be Peaches move. So no Kooper is not impossible.
Actually, it's been stated over and over that they support "Kinopio", who is not generic. But, whatever.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Do you also think Gardevoir can be playable unless she gets updated on the Dojo?
Nope, because she's already a Pokeball Pokemon. Like I already hinted earlier in the topic, I do not think that characters who are assist trophies or Pokeball Pokemon will be playable.

Top Bottom