• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
im sorry but that vid was a little bit....weird...AND IM A TOAD FAN!!! but that was just....no....just no...peace

-hiroshi
Eh, there are worse things in the world. I grew up with the SMB cartoon, so it's always a little nostalgic seeing clips--even though the show itself was nowhere near the quality of the games. :chuckle:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hahah it's "Edgy Toad". You would be a bit testy if you were stuck in a cartoon that had little relation to its source material, too. ;)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I liked the part where Toad called the bomb ugly. XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^

Different as it is from Toad's in-game personality, seeing Toad with a swagger is amusing nonetheless. :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Eh. I always imagined him to be an underdog that was blissfully unaware of his lack of power.
It depends on how you look at things. In SMB2, Toad had plenty of power and knew how to use it. Now, his level of power is debatable, but he still is unaware of his abilities, regardless of how they are.

in the words of toad.... "you've been hittin the sauce"
Never. Alcohol is disgusting and I refuse to touch a drop ever in my life. :smash:

Congratulations on reaching the 100th page Toad fans.:)
Thank you kindly! It's been a long and arduous road, but we've reached a milestone. Hooray for us! :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It depends on how you look at things. In SMB2, Toad had plenty of power and knew how to use it. Now, his level of power is debatable, but he still is unaware of his abilities, regardless of how they are.

Never. Alcohol is disgusting and I refuse to touch a drop ever in my life. :smash:

Thank you kindly! It's been a long and arduous road, but we've reached a milestone. Hooray for us! :grin:

That changed for me during High school because of...stuff...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Eh, there are worse things in the world. I grew up with the SMB cartoon, so it's always a little nostalgic seeing clips--even though the show itself was nowhere near the quality of the games. :chuckle:
fair enough...but thats not the toad i know and love. i want MY toad.

oh, and on my account, we are only on the 38th page, not 100...peace

-hiroshi

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
You never know. The Subspace Emissary may hold a sequence in which Toad emancipates himself from Peach--assuming that the Toad in question is, in fact, THE Toad (Kinopio)--thereby allowing him to join the playable roster! :grin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toad should reproduce by spreading spores, which enemies can breathe in and they begin to grow in their body...slowly expanding until the enemy explodes from the inside out

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Toad should reproduce by spreading spores, which enemies can breathe in and they begin to grow in their body...slowly expanding until the enemy explodes from the inside out
Haha that sounds a little too Mortal Kombat for Smash (Kitana, anyone?), but his spores could have adverse effects in addition to the basic damage. My guess is that they could slow the opponent down, or maybe slowly sap his or her health with poison.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman

lmaoooo ya'll sound like one of those cancer support groups but for toad :|
if you wanted to make him look less pathetic you PHAILED epically

alcoho huh? you must be a tween, alcohol will open up your mindddd mannnnn

and your mortal kombat refference was wrong..... its Mileena, who dematerializes people by inhaling them... lol @ 'kitana'

Akiak

Smash Ace
lmaoooo ya'll sound like one of those cancer support groups but for toad :|
if you wanted to make him look less pathetic you PHAILED epically

alcoho huh? you must be a tween, alcohol will open up your mindddd mannnnn

and your mortal kombat refference was wrong..... its Mileena, who dematerializes people by inhaling them... lol @ 'kitana'

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Be nice guys.
and anyway, yes it is kitana who kills 'em by kissing them which for some odd reason makes them swell and explode, but no... I Imagine that toad's spore cloud (likely his neutral b) will just cause damage without much of a kick to it.

I might think that he'd weild a hammer since that's how he did damage when he was your partner in Mario party 3.

I made this little bugger years ago but I suppose it still can be used

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Sorry no offense but.......you talk like as if you were.......drunk:psycho:
Very true! Gotta love trolls.

Be nice guys.
and anyway, yes it is kitana who kills 'em by kissing them which for some odd reason makes them swell and explode, but no... I Imagine that toad's spore cloud (likely his neutral b) will just cause damage without much of a kick to it.

I might think that he'd weild a hammer since that's how he did damage when he was your partner in Mario party 3.

I made this little bugger years ago but I suppose it still can be used
Props for: 1) backing me up on MK (I know I'm right; I was a MK fanboy back in 4th grade, haha), and 2) remembering Toad's hammer from MP3. I like your moveset! :grin:

Toad is my main in any game he's playable in. Toad for Brawl.
Me too! I'm sure it's not likely anymore, but I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping against hope that he'll make it onto the playable roster.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Very true! Gotta love trolls.

Props for: 1) backing me up on MK (I know I'm right; I was a MK fanboy back in 4th grade, haha), and 2) remembering Toad's hammer from MP3. I like your moveset! :grin:

Me too! I'm sure it's not likely anymore, but I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping against hope that he'll make it onto the playable roster.
there IS that whole problem with him being part of peach's moveset, but still I think it's a possibility... I'd love it if toad could make it in, I'd be sure to play him. (why'd they take him out of the mario tennis roster anyway???)

No prob on the MK thing BTW

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
there IS that whole problem with him being part of peach's moveset, but still I think it's a possibility... I'd love it if toad could make it in, I'd be sure to play him. (why'd they take him out of the mario tennis roster anyway???)

No prob on the MK thing BTW
I have no idea, but that made me SO angry! It was so refreshing to have Toad as a playable athlete in Mario Tennis 64, so their logic for removing him from MPT is beyond me. I was thoroughly disappointed in the fact that I couldn't power-serve with my mushroom pal. Let's just hope that Toad makes it back for Mario Tennis Wii--if he isn't in Brawl first! :bigthumbu

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Anytime I play Mario Kart, me and my friends fight over who's gonna play as Toad. Usually the first who selects him. Did anyone imagine Peach's moveset to change? I didn't YET I still thought he was gonna be in. You know what would deconfirm him? Him as an assist trophy. Other than that, the cards are still on the table.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
that's the spirit... and it isn't too unlikely I guess. I mean, really. Who knows what could happen?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I shall repost this here. . .
I think that Toad will be in. Why not? He is like the 5th main Mario character.
Also he is very well known amoung Nintendo fans (on E3 05 NP asked their readers what characters they wanted most for "ssb3" and Toad came in 2nd. Wario was 1st and Pitt was 3rd. . . Warlugia(sp) was 5th ).

I think that he has a very high "chance".:kirby:
Well, as we all know, Toad is a whole race much like Pika/Pichu/Jpuff/ All PT's pokemon and Yoshi. I never thought that that attack "lowered" his chances because there are always more than one.:kirby::joyful::joyful::joyful:

Edit- Relooked at the past polls. Not only was Toad 2nd on the NP poll but was 9th on the over all count of characters of the melee poll (Most of the ones before him are either confirmed, been in melee and are likely to come back or have high chances of being in Brawl (King D3) ) and he was 4th on the series central list (right after Wario).

I think he will get in. Peach's move is just homage to the whole being protected by Toads.
Too bad most of the Toad supporters here seem to have lost their steam.:ohwell:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I have a question for you guys. I'm a huge Toad fan myself, hes actually my favorite Nintendo character since his playable introduction in SMB2.

What if Toad was in Brawl, but he had a weird handicap? Ala Pichu? Like...he fought in a Mario Kart (which I think would be crazy).

Speaking for myself, Toad would be worth training with.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They need to make a NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2

Copying Mario 2 style...with a bunch of PC's to select from...

Mario
Luigi
Toad
Peach
BOWSER...

It could be...THE REVENGE OF WART!!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
I never liked Toad. But... isn't Toad a species? i don't think Peach' move deconfirms "him".

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Anytime I play Mario Kart, me and my friends fight over who's gonna play as Toad. Usually the first who selects him. Did anyone imagine Peach's moveset to change? I didn't YET I still thought he was gonna be in. You know what would deconfirm him? Him as an assist trophy. Other than that, the cards are still on the table.
I wasn't convinced either way about Peach's moveset, but I can't say I'm surprised to see that it apparently didn't change. I agree, though, that there is still hope left for our favorite little mushroom. :grin:

I shall repost this here. . .

Too bad most of the Toad supporters here seem to have lost their steam.:ohwell:
It has been a little disheartening--not necessarily seeing Peach's Standard Special Move return, but being met with such bitterness from anti-Toad members of the board. Yes, they're immature and annoying, but it's still frustrating to be bombarded with their juvenile attitudes.

Do you guys think it might be strange to see an excellent graphic toad as a playable character next to the bad graphic toad peach uses?
Nope, but I can understand your concern. They could always make the playable Toad far more advanced, graphically speaking. The key is in the detail of the design. Look at Peach's dress and I think you'll understand what I mean. They could make Toad's outfit look a lot snazzier than just the plain vest and shoes. ;)

I have a question for you guys. I'm a huge Toad fan myself, hes actually my favorite Nintendo character since his playable introduction in SMB2.

What if Toad was in Brawl, but he had a weird handicap? Ala Pichu? Like...he fought in a Mario Kart (which I think would be crazy).

Speaking for myself, Toad would be worth training with.
I would still play as Toad, with or without a handicap, but I wouldn't enjoy having to work with it if it were truly detrimental. I do support Toad having his Mushroom Kart as an attack, though, much like Wario has the Wario Chopper as his Side Special.

I never liked Toad. But... isn't Toad a species? i don't think Peach' move deconfirms "him".
Yes and no. Toads are, indeed, a species. Many Toads fiercely defend Princess Peach and live to serve her. But there is one single Toad--Kinopio--that has been playable in many-a Mario game (SMB2, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, etc.). It is as of yet unknown as to whether or not the Toad that Peach is using in Brawl is, in fact, THE Toad.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey guys. Some guys are saying that Toad never had a chance in Brawl, and I've been trying to fight back with all my might!

I used a couple of your moves from your various movesets; I hope you don't mind.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Insane little spark for discussion:

Peach dances.
For some inexplicable reason, Bowser dances, too.
She even gets little musical notes and stuff.
Now, this is shown in a row of clips showing characters interacting. So maybe it's some sort of multi-taunt or just... random.
Either that, or Peach got a new b-move.

And we all know which b-move we want gone the most.

Top Bottom