• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Akiak

Smash Ace
Let me explain better what I said before. Have you ever seen the black purple dotted poisonous mushroom?
Toads enemies can look just like toad except have the head of a poisonous mushroom instead of the normal red and white head.
Anyway i am reposting my moveset for the third time because I wanna know your opinion:

Speed-*****
Weight-**
Power-*****
Jump-**

B-Skull bash-** damage, but can't be used continously for a sequence of attacks
B>-Hammer swing-*** damage. Opponent gets thrown far
B^-Backflip kick-* damage, but high strategic value because the opponent flies high in the air.
BV-Hammer squash-*** damage. Opponent gets his head stuck in the ground for a brief period of time

A-Punch-* damage
AA-Punch-* damage
AAA-Karate kick-** damage
A>-Spin kick-*** damage
A^-Grabs enemy. He can thevn throw them in any direction. If the opponent gets thrown on the ground it does *** damage
AV-Uses his breakdancing skills to spin on his head kicking anyone close enough-Consecutive ** damage kicks
Smash A>-Throws a poison mushroom that explodes when it hits something or someone-**** damage
Smash A^-Uses a mushroom bazooka-**** damage
Smash AV-Throws a mini mushroom.Whoever gets hit becomes tiny for a brief period of time lowering all stats until the effect wears off

Crawl-Toad rolls on the floor.
Taunt-Spins on his head and says "Alright!"
Entrance-Jumps out of a "?" box and says "Let's do this!"
Final smash-Eats a Mega mushroom and becomes giant squashing everyone. Each squash does ***** damage. The effect goes on for 10 seconds.

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
I couldn't see Brawl with Toad as a playable character. It would be kinda weird and he'd probably be a not so good character imo.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
it would be so cool if toad was a playable charecter.
QFT! The best truth, if I might add. :grin:

I couldn't see Brawl with Toad as a playable character. It would be kinda weird and he'd probably be a not so good character imo.
You're not thinking creatively, then. It's not that Toad couldn't be a playable character in Brawl; Sakurai has shown us that any character can have an original moveset (i.e. Fox, CF). His placement in the tiers is: 1) highly subjective, 2) completely hypothetical and thus 3) impossible to determine as of now.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
QFT! The best truth, if I might add. :grin:

You're not thinking creatively, then. It's not that Toad couldn't be a playable character in Brawl; Sakurai has shown us that any character can have an original moveset (i.e. Fox, CF). His placement in the tiers is: 1) highly subjective, 2) completely hypothetical and thus 3) impossible to determine as of now.

If I said it once, I'll say it again. Pokemon Trainer changed everything. I think the characters we'll be getting in Brawl are those we least expect.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Let me explain better what I said before. Have you ever seen the black purple dotted poisonous mushroom?
Toads enemies can look just like toad except have the head of a poisonous mushroom instead of the normal red and white head.
Anyway i am reposting my moveset for the third time because I wanna know your opinion:

Speed-*****
Weight-**
Power-*****
Jump-**

B-Skull bash-** damage, but can't be used continously for a sequence of attacks
B>-Hammer swing-*** damage. Opponent gets thrown far
B^-Backflip kick-* damage, but high strategic value because the opponent flies high in the air.
BV-Hammer squash-*** damage. Opponent gets his head stuck in the ground for a brief period of time

A-Punch-* damage
AA-Punch-* damage
AAA-Karate kick-** damage
A>-Spin kick-*** damage
A^-Grabs enemy. He can thevn throw them in any direction. If the opponent gets thrown on the ground it does *** damage
AV-Uses his breakdancing skills to spin on his head kicking anyone close enough-Consecutive ** damage kicks
Smash A>-Throws a poison mushroom that explodes when it hits something or someone-**** damage
Smash A^-Uses a mushroom bazooka-**** damage
Smash AV-Throws a mini mushroom.Whoever gets hit becomes tiny for a brief period of time lowering all stats until the effect wears off

Crawl-Toad rolls on the floor.
Taunt-Spins on his head and says "Alright!"
Entrance-Jumps out of a "?" box and says "Let's do this!"
Final smash-Eats a Mega mushroom and becomes giant squashing everyone. Each squash does ***** damage. The effect goes on for 10 seconds.
Sorry for the double post. Thats the best Toad moveste I've seen, honest. But I think it's a bit backwards. The Smash A's seem like Specials, and your B's seem Like Smash A's. If I could retouch it a little.

B : Shroom Bazooka - Heavy projectile, Lots of Knockback but little damage, say 10%
B<: Shroom Headbut: Slow but powerful, 12-15%
B^: Shroom Spores: Toad is covered by a shield of spores that give him a slight lift. May poison foe. 10%
Bv: Shroom Bomb: A little like Peach's down move, But instead pulls out bombs that explode on impact. The Bombs from his Starring role in Wario Woods. On occasion he pulls out a Fuzz monster that attaches to a foe and drains health like a leach.

Hope you like it.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Sorry for the double post. Thats the best Toad moveste I've seen, honest. But I think it's a bit backwards. The Smash A's seem like Specials, and your B's seem Like Smash A's. If I could retouch it a little.

B : Shroom Bazooka - Heavy projectile, Lots of Knockback but little damage, say 10%
B^: Shroom Spores: Toad is covered by a shield of spores that give him a slight lift. May poison foe. 10%
Bv: Shroom Bomb: A little like Peach's down move, But instead pulls out bombs that explode on impact. The Bombs from his Starring role in Wario Woods. On occasion he pulls out a Fuzz monster that attaches to a foe and drains health like a leach.

Hope you like it.

I love the idea of Shroom Spores plus the additional poison damage. I could see Toad being a litter annoyer totally.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
If I said it once, I'll say it again. Pokemon Trainer changed everything. I think the characters we'll be getting in Brawl are those we least expect.[/COLOR]
Agreed! PT opened up a slew of possibilities.

Toad would have the most generic and forced moveset ever.
Not necessarily. Many people--myself included--have posted movesets, most of which are quite original and unique. Search this thread and I think your opinion will change.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toad should take out a Rocket launcher and blast everyone...that'll show em...

Plus that joke in Mario RPG

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
imaginr if sakurai announced toad as an AT and everybody was like "aawwww, i wanted him to be a PC. but then we buy the game and we unlock toad, then smashboards will explode with happiness. that was very random.

anyways-i dont beleieve toads moveset would be forced. like aeris said, there have been numerous creative and original movesets that revolve around toads oast moves, traits, and abilities...peace

-hiroshi

Akiak

Smash Ace

Hope you like it.
Thanks a lot. But maybe his smash^ should use the spores to jump high in the air to make up to his poor jumping.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Because of school, these threads have become a bother. I won't talk a lot anymore.

Though I will return to talk when something big happens, if I miss a event like that, please pm me.

Annoyer/counter attack toad for brawl! (hopefully tonight)
Ditto. College will soon take over my life (:(), but I hope to spend some time on the boards whenever possible. Keep in touch, and keep the Toad love alive!

Also, AGAIN with the moveset complaint: Sakurai could technically give Toad whatever moves he wants, regardless of previous game experience. He gave Peach the Peach Bomber, didn't he?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
lol, imagine toad doing a toad bomber, that would look hilarious IMO...peace

-hiroshi
lol It would have no range! Unless Toad "bombed" by lunging at the opponent with his sizeable noggin, that is. Plus, he would probably have at least one projectile (turnips), if not more (dice blocks, stars, assorted items, bazooka, etc.).

Akiak

Smash Ace
In toads alternate costumes the colour of the spots on his head and the colour of his shirt could change.
But then that would transform THE toad into the toad species.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
In toads alternate costumes the colour of the spots on his head and the colour of his shirt could change.
But then that would transform THE toad into the toad species.
No it wouldn't. It would merely give Kinopio more costume options based on the generic Toads from SMS. :)

Vali

Smash Ace
Most of those moments were pretty g@y of him.
Wow, another opinion that nobody asked for. Thanks axemangx. Get a lot of these round here, don't we?

The word gay isn't censored and thus I don't point in seeing the point in trying to censor dodge a non-banned word since censor-dodging would get you a ban point anyway.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Most of those moments were pretty g@y of him.
Really? Gay, were they? You mean when he was making lewd gestures to Mario? When he was openly soliciting Luigi for homosexual relations? Funny, I must have missed those clips. :rolleyes:

Oh wonderful. Another point for me.

Anyways, I was still wondering why this topic is still alive, thats all, and expressed my views on that video. It was pretty stupid, you had to admit. :|
Stupidity is (in this case) subjective; while the style of the video montage was a bit trying, the clips themselves were amusing.

And this thread is still alive because Toad fans are still willing to discuss him--and by the same token, annoying detractors are still willing to post in here as well.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Really? Gay, were they? You mean when he was making lewd gestures to Mario? When he was openly soliciting Luigi for homosexual relations? Funny, I must have missed those clips. :rolleyes:

Stupidity is (in this case) subjective; while the style of the video montage was a bit trying, the clips themselves were amusing.

And this thread is still alive because Toad fans are still willing to discuss him--and by the same token, annoying detractors are still willing to post in here as well.
Stupid detractors? I just clearly stated, I was wondering why this thread got bumped/alive.
Stupid detractors? I just clearly stated, I was wondering why this thread got bumped/alive.

Also, explain what the lame phrases and such were from? Also, explain the ringing around that ride thing, and laughing merrily.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aeris never said that the detractors are stupid, just annoying.

Aeris also answered your question. It's because Toad fans are still willing to discuss Toad. What's your problem with this topic still being alive? Don't you have something better to do then bash people who are supporting Toad?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There is no way Toad will be in Brawl, seeing as how Peach's B move is the same from Melee.
You know, you'd think we'd have discussed that in this topic already. :o

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Annoying, not stupid. And if you were truly asking out of curiosity alone, then you have my sincere apology. I'm so used to seeing people criticizing others for *gasp* discussing a character that they like! Of all things...

Toad has made consistent appearances in my character lists. Peach's B move wasn't going to change. I knew that. His chances are no greater or worse because of it.
That's true. Most characters' moves have remained the same, save minor alterations for some (i.e. Fox's Blaster, Link's Gale Boomerang), so it comes as no surprise to see Peach use a Toad for her Standard Special Move once more. In a way, Toad's chances are essentially unaffected by this fact.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
There is no way Toad will be in Brawl, seeing as how Peach's B move is the same from Melee.
[Sarcasm] Really? o i didn't notice that... and im SURE that no one here knew of that.

Seriously thanks man that is a really helpful piece of information [/Sarcasm]

Why wont people actually think before they post -.-

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
[Sarcasm] Really? o i didn't notice that... and im SURE that no one here knew of that.

Seriously thanks man that is a really helpful piece of information [/Sarcasm]

Why wont people actually think before they post -.-
Like I said, annoying detractors. They come, they go; they think they're funny, they aren't. All we can do is marvel at their helpful postings. :ohwell:

Top Bottom