• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Most Metroid villains are generic. Ridley, Dark Samus, and Kraid are exceptions. None of the hunters are more important than another. Ridley>Kraid, so it seems that the villain spot for Metroid is between Ridley and Dark Samus.

But seriously, let's get back to Toad.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
'Assume' is the operative word here. What about the other hunters? What about the troopers? What about other characters? Why is Ridley the only choice? Why can't villains come from other places?
Oh gee, I don't know... Maybe Ridley was one of the top characters on Sakurai's poll? :o

Anyways, yeah back to Toad. I just don't know what's up with all of the anti Ridley crap lately. -_-

Toad for Brawl! As unlikely as it may be, he has always deserved the spot. If another Mario character gets in while Toad doesn't it'll make me mad. Looks like I'm going to get mad. :p

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
As much as I hate to say it, Toad's chances are pretty much nothing now. I was hoping so much that he'd become a playable character, but after the Peach update, it pretty much cemented the fact that he isn't going to be. I mean, there still is a small chance, and I still hope he'll somehow make it in, but yeah, I don't think he has much of a chance anymore.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
As much as I hate to say it, Toad's chances are pretty much nothing now. I was hoping so much that he'd become a playable character, but after the Peach update, it pretty much cemented the fact that he isn't going to be. I mean, there still is a small chance, and I still hope he'll somehow make it in, but yeah, I don't think he has much of a chance anymore.
Really? The update changed nothing IMO. If Peach was returning, she was going to have the same movelist. The truth is we don't know. All we can do is wish. Nay sayers should reference Diddy. "He'll never be in!"

Yeah, well the Sak-man has a way of pulling punches that are never expected. Thats why I think his chances are even greater now.

I never knew there was a Toad discussion...

Well i hope there isn't as much lag on him when he's put away and that he does more knockback when he gets hit...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Yeah, I think Ridley has a much bigger chance than your Rayman.

And Toad deserves one more than Rayman..
QFT

:laugh: The next Rayman game is going to be a Wii exclusive. In my mind, that gives Rayman a much larger chance than Ridley. Ridley's chances are 100% fabricated. You people think he will be in there simply because you want him to be in there so badly. I will be surprised if he makes it in as an assist trophy.
*beep* wrong vvv

Um... no? Sakurai wants more villains AND Metroid characters. You can only assume that means Ridley. >_>

And heavy (ridley is ish), retro, popular, and he fits all, anyways this game is almost a popularity contest anyways.

It's really Rayman that I'd be surprised to see as an AT.
IDK about rayman.

Ridley's theme song (acknowledged by Sakurai himself to be Ridley's theme song) is in the game already, for what it's worth.
That also supports him at least a little, if not a lot.

Most Metroid villains are generic. Ridley, Dark Samus, and Kraid are exceptions. None of the hunters are more important than another. Ridley>Kraid, so it seems that the villain spot for Metroid is between Ridley and Dark Samus.

But seriously, let's get back to Toad.
QFT, we should listen....

Toad will never be playable in Brawl.
Get over it.
*sigh*

Since your an Issac supporter i take that back.
TOAD FOR BRAWL!!!
Woot!

QFT sadly

Toad for brawl!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Really? The update changed nothing IMO. If Peach was returning, she was going to have the same movelist. The truth is we don't know. All we can do is wish. Nay sayers should reference Diddy. "He'll never be in!"

Yeah, well the Sak-man has a way of pulling punches that are never expected. Thats why I think his chances are even greater now.
That's true, though; as much as we could have hoped for Peach to get a new B move, it was natural for her to retain all of her previous moves. Most, if not all, of the characters in SSB retained their moves through the transition from SSB64 to SSBM. Why wouldn't Melee to Brawl be the same way? So seeing Toad as her B move shouldn't really surprise us.

And guys: PETEY ISN'T PLAYABLE! Gahh I'm so pumped! :grin: Even if Toad doesn't get on the playable roster, we can rest assured that no Mario character less deserving will get on the playable roster in his stead. If anyone gets on that isn't Toad, I would wager it to be Bowser Jr. Even still, I'm holding out for Toad.

Never say die--or at least not until Sakurai officially deconfirms. :laugh:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^^

That's okay. As long as you're pro-Toad in Brawl--or at least neutral on the issue--you're more than welcome here. Even if you have a legitimate argument against him, it's worthwhile debating the issue.

Vali

Smash Ace
^^^

That's okay. As long as you're pro-Toad in Brawl--or at least neutral on the issue--you're more than welcome here. Even if you have a legitimate argument against him, it's worthwhile debating the issue.
Judging by his posts and the fact that it seems he spams every topic with "ya dat cud be cul" or something illiterate like a broken record, I doubt you're going to get a worthwhile debate out of him.

He was also referring to the ad after the first post which pops up from time to time about saving the wolves which I'm sure you've seen before. Don't ask me why, I honestly couldn't express an answer any other way than a facepalm.

Toad for more than Peach's bra-padding in Brawl!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
95 pages? Sheesh. See? Toad really is a compelling character.
It's certainly an issue that brings up some strong opinions on both sides. But including Toad would be a great way to shake things up and surprise everyone, fans included.

Judging by his posts and the fact that it seems he spams every topic with "ya dat cud be cul" or something illiterate like a broken record, I doubt you're going to get a worthwhile debate out of him.

He was also referring to the ad after the first post which pops up from time to time about saving the wolves which I'm sure you've seen before. Don't ask me why, I honestly couldn't express an answer any other way than a facepalm.

Toad for more than Peach's bra-padding in Brawl!
That's true. :grin: But I might as well be a little friendly.

Ohh, for some reason, I've never seen that one; that, or I just subconsciously ignore it.

lol And I fully agree with your last statement!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's true, though; as much as we could have hoped for Peach to get a new B move, it was natural for her to retain all of her previous moves. Most, if not all, of the characters in SSB retained their moves through the transition from SSB64 to SSBM. Why wouldn't Melee to Brawl be the same way? So seeing Toad as her B move shouldn't really surprise us.

And guys: PETEY ISN'T PLAYABLE! Gahh I'm so pumped! :grin: Even if Toad doesn't get on the playable roster, we can rest assured that no Mario character less deserving will get on the playable roster in his stead. If anyone gets on that isn't Toad, I would wager it to be Bowser Jr. Even still, I'm holding out for Toad.

Never say die--or at least not until Sakurai officially deconfirms. :laugh:
Oh yes, I'm so relieved Petey isn't playable.

Toad is the much more deserving character. I'll have fun beating up Petey in the single player mode. ^_^

The Subspace Muffin

Smash Cadet
I've always wanted Toad to be playable, and he'd probably be a main. Unfortunately, I don't think he has much chance of getting in after seeing him used in Peach's move. If Toad fights Peach, and Peach uses Toad for defense... :dizzy: I'm sure they would've used a similar, but different-looking move if Toad was playable. Like Toadsworth.

Hmm... maybe Sakurai is just trying to surprise us. Have the old Peach move put into a sorta beta version of Brawl so he could take the picture of it and put it on the Dojo, just to throw us off. It could happen. It could... :(

And as to how it's hard for Toad to have a moveset, well, maybe he could have moves based on the Mario spin-offs he's involved in, like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Strikers, ect. For example:

<Special Move: Toad Strike> Toad takes out a soccer ball from Mario Strikers and kicks it at high speeds. It bounces off enemies and obstacles until it bounces or rolls off the stage.

<Side Special Move: Toad Kart> Toad gets in his kart from Mario Kart and runs into people, like Wario's side special move except faster.

<Down Special Move: Toad Jackpot> Toad reaches down and throws various Mario Party-related items into the air in all directions: stars, dice, blocks, lots of coins, ect. The coins will force other players away from Toad, and the stars, dice, and blocks do some damage.

<Up Special Move: Toad Rescue> Lakitu flies down and catches Toad on a fishing pole, carrying him straight up a long way to make up for Toad's poor jumping. Lakitu can be taken down with the slighest touch.

But, I just think the chances of playing as Toad are very, very low... too bad! Toad is my most-wanted character... either him or Captain Olimar.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sorry you guys still think he's in.
You should be more sorry about repeating the same crap over and over again.

People around here accept his fate, and there's no need for you to say that.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Toad is the much more deserving character. I'll have fun beating up Petey in the single player mode. ^_^
I'm rescuing Peach first for sure. Regardless, I'm going to take (possibly sadistic) pleasure in beating up Petey; I might just play the first stage over and over for that sole purpose! :chuckle:

I've always wanted Toad to be playable, and he'd probably be a main. Unfortunately, I don't think he has much chance of getting in after seeing him used in Peach's move. If Toad fights Peach, and Peach uses Toad for defense... :dizzy: I'm sure they would've used a similar, but different-looking move if Toad was playable. Like Toadsworth.

Hmm... maybe Sakurai is just trying to surprise us. Have the old Peach move put into a sorta beta version of Brawl so he could take the picture of it and put it on the Dojo, just to throw us off. It could happen. It could... :(

And as to how it's hard for Toad to have a moveset, well, maybe he could have moves based on the Mario spin-offs he's involved in, like Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Strikers, ect. For example:

<Special Move: Toad Strike> Toad takes out a soccer ball from Mario Strikers and kicks it at high speeds. It bounces off enemies and obstacles until it bounces or rolls off the stage.

<Side Special Move: Toad Kart> Toad gets in his kart from Mario Kart and runs into people, like Wario's side special move except faster.

<Down Special Move: Toad Jackpot> Toad reaches down and throws various Mario Party-related items into the air in all directions: stars, dice, blocks, lots of coins, ect. The coins will force other players away from Toad, and the stars, dice, and blocks do some damage.

<Up Special Move: Toad Rescue> Lakitu flies down and catches Toad on a fishing pole, carrying him straight up a long way to make up for Toad's poor jumping. Lakitu can be taken down with the slighest touch.

But, I just think the chances of playing as Toad are very, very low... too bad! Toad is my most-wanted character... either him or Captain Olimar.
Toad is my most-desired character, too! Your moveset is neat; I especially like the way Lakitu can be defeated to ruin Toad's recovery.

Oh, I don't think he's in. I'm 99% positive he's not in. I'm just saying... it'd be like Christmas if he was in after all.
Agreed on all counts. :)

*looks around the recent previous post*

*looks at Toad's current status in Brawl*

*backs away very slowly*
This post would have been funny if you had accidentally referenced the wrong post. :chuckle:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

While I agree with you that Toad is more deserving then Petey Piranha, I don't like how you said you'd have fun beating up Petey.

Why does everyone hate Petey so much? I really like him!

Gindor

Smash Ace
How many WOLVES have to DIE?
*gasp* *sob*

95 pages? Sheesh. See? Toad really is a compelling character.
and then ridley souldn't be in because his thread was closed.

But, I just think the chances of playing as Toad are very, very low... too bad! Toad is my most-wanted character...
QFT

You should be more sorry about repeating the same crap over and over again.

People around here accept his fate, and there's no need for you to say that.
QFT

Oh, I don't think he's in. I'm 99% positive he's not in. I'm just saying... it'd be like Christmas if he was in after all.
QFT

While I agree with you that Toad is more deserving then Petey Piranha, I don't like how you said you'd have fun beating up Petey.

Why does everyone hate Petey so much? I really like him!
I don't like him much, but I don't hate him.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Well i'm very dissapointed that Diddy kong is in and Toad isn't. If you read through this whole thread you will realise that many people like Toad. He just deserves to be in. Oh and can someone please tell me what QFT means?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Well i'm very dissapointed that Diddy kong is in and Toad isn't. If you read through this whole thread you will realise that many people like Toad. He just deserves to be in. Oh and can someone please tell me what QFT means?
to my knowlage-QFT=quote for truth

for example I QFT you!
Though there is a small chance of toad still getting in.

Toad for brawl!

Vali

Smash Ace
QFT = Quite Feckin' Tremendous!...well it should be, but no it is quoted for truth.

By the way, I hope all you Toad lovers realise something. You're gonna have to break Peach out the cage in Petey's boss fight over Zelda, if only to save the "poor" little Toad stuffed down Peach's bra. Otherwise you aren't truly showing your loyalties to Toad!

Akiak

Smash Ace
I just thought of something: In toads subspace emissary his enemies can be toads with the black and purple poisonous mushroom as a head. Or that could be his transformation in his final smash....

Toad 4 Brawl!!!

Gindor

Smash Ace
QFT

Anyways if Toad would be in how do you think they would enhance his appearance? (The one Peach is using isn't anything special seeing as its just a move).
quite freaking tremendous

QFT = Quite Feckin' Tremendous!...well it should be, but no it is quoted for truth.

By the way, I hope all you Toad lovers realise something. You're gonna have to break Peach out the cage in Petey's boss fight over Zelda, if only to save the "poor" little Toad stuffed down Peach's bra. Otherwise you aren't truly showing your loyalties to Toad!
quite freakin tremendous
True, but you would also be saving the one who stuffs him in her bra. Quite a delema

I just thought of something: In toads subspace emissary his enemies can be toads with the black and purple poisonous mushroom as a head. Or that could be his transformation in his final smash....

Toad 4 Brawl!!!
expatiate please

ehh...quite freaking awesome doesn't really roll off the tongue as much as quote for truth does. ahh well

Toad for brawl!

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
even though I doubt your intelegence by your name choice, I do agree, maybe it will come in his FS, that is the only place where a bazooka would fi-wait! Why is toad's hat(?) so big?

HE'S PACKING HEAT! ALL THEM TOADS ARE!

TOAD FOR BRAWL!
(p.s.-I know snake uses a rpg)
Ha. Perhaps I could explain the backstory to my name someday.

I hope his moves are completley unique. Mushroom based.
I saw a moveset for him that was based on spores, and of course the mushroom bazooka.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Don't worry: I planned on it from the beginning! :)

I just hope the Mushroom Bazooka makes an appearance.
YES! This would be an integral part of Toad's arsenal. A high-priority and highly volatile projectile is just what Toad needs. :grin:

Top Bottom