• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well hopw lucky can you bee when your half the size of a fat plumber and you have a mushroom growing out of your skull? : P

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lawl I came across this and this thread came up :(

TOAD 4 BRAWL!!!!!!!

That picture bothers me... without the Epic Fail over it. Something about Toad's eyes shows "I didn't need this... no! I should have been a fighter." They look sad. :(

Peach also looks evil in the picture. XD

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Gindor, do you remember what game the bazooka was in?

I can't for the life of me remember....just that it was awesome.
It never appeared as a weapon, but it was mentioned in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Everyone, I have a confession. I want nothing more than to have Toad in Brawl. So I can destroy him.
Nice way to spend your free time. :rolleyes: Have fun!

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Quoted for redundancy.

We've heard it about a million times. We don't care. So shut up. :)
NO.

Some of the anti-Toad fans definately have been acting immature, but that's not to say some of the Toad fans haven't getting a little pissy about the situation. There's really no point in putting up an argument over Toad's inclusion as a PC in Brawl especially now, whether you like it or not. You made have heard it from me and others in this thread, but that's only because you act as if Friday's screenshot meant nothing. I'm done with ths thread, so wake me up when you finally realize he's been deconfirmed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'm done with ths thread
Good.

You may have noticed that I didn't quote most of your post. That's because there was a whole bunch more stuff that didn't matter in it. ;)

Anyway, brawlpro, in response to what move Bowser may be doing in that screenshot, I'd hazard a guess that it's the beginning of his taunt? Though, that's only based on what I've seen of him in Melee. For all I know, he may now have a move called "Mushroom eater".

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Toad will forever be a B attack. Get over it.
I see we have a time traveler on our hands.

May I ask you how was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and the Smash Bros. games after that... Are they any good?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
NO.

Some of the anti-Toad fans definately have been acting immature, but that's not to say some of the Toad fans haven't getting a little pissy about the situation. There's really no point in putting up an argument over Toad's inclusion as a PC in Brawl especially now, whether you like it or not. You made have heard it from me and others in this thread, but that's only because you act as if Friday's screenshot meant nothing. I'm done with ths thread, so wake me up when you finally realize he's been deconfirmed.
We're not denying that Toad's chances have dropped dramatically. I, for one, fully acknowledge that Toad appearing on the playable roster will be nothing short of a miracle. But that doesn't mean that we cannot hope for the best, nor do you have any right to stop us.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Keeping a nearly half-naked Toad in your dress... not right.
ugh...QFT

Everyone, I have a confession. I want nothing more than to have Toad in Brawl. So I can destroy him.
As long as you support him getting in, I wish there were more like you to support others like waluigi...

We're not denying that Toad's chances have dropped dramatically. I, for one, fully acknowledge that Toad appearing on the playable roster will be nothing short of a miracle. But that doesn't mean that we cannot hope for the best, nor do you have any right to stop us.
QFT

Gindor

Smash Ace
Pervert...

I'm hoping that's acompletely different Toad, so that THE Toad, the character, can be playable.
You know, peach's toad may not be doing that for his enjoyment, he may have at the start, but must force himself to look at the perverted bright side, as she is forcing him to be a human shield to many deadly attacks. What can a deadly injured toad look foreward to...

EDIT-to skullkid-frankly stfu, or at least leave, this thread aint insulting you, so why insult uss even if it is the truth. You make me want to be an emo. just stfu...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Can this thread just die?
People need to accept that Toad is deconfirmed!

HE IS A B MOVE.
Or maybe you should just leave this topic and ignore it. >_>

I don't see what's so terrible about keeping this topic alive. Some Toad fans still have hope, and they can if they want. They have accepted it and won't go insane if they're little bit of hope is crushed, so why don't you just leave them alone?

Gindor

Smash Ace
thats been said 1000's of times...and still ppl didn't shut up...
Yup, and we won't ever, even if the game comes out and he is only a B move. :chuckle:

Or maybe you should just leave this topic and ignore it. >_>

I don't see what's so terrible about keeping this topic alive. Some Toad fans still have hope, and they can if they want. They have accepted it and won't go insane if they're little bit of hope is crushed, so why don't you just leave them alone?
QFT :lick:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
because...toad does not seem like a good fighter...it doesn't even do anything except wiggle wen peach takes him out of...whatever...
That's you reasoning to see this topic die...?

I've had this conversation about Toad's fighting skills soo many times. Just ignore the topic, it's not so incredibly hard... It isn't posted in all of that much.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
because...toad does not seem like a good fighter...it doesn't even do anything except wiggle wen peach takes him out of...whatever...
The "Toad can't fight" argument again? How come it won't get through many of y'all minds that Sakurai can make anyone a fighter if he wanted too? If Toad really is de-confirmed, Sakurai must have had his reasons and with a creative mind like his, I'm sure Toad's fighting ability wasn't one of them.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just want to say this to the people that keep on spamming this topic with anti Toad posts:

Just because he's pretty much been confirmed unplayable doesn't mean that YOUR reasoning behind Toad not being playable is correct.

Seriously, stop throwing around your stupid "He can't fight." crap, because we've argued this so many times, and Sakurai must have had some better reasoning behind him not being playable... I'd like to believe to Sakurai isn't that ignorant.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Actually Toad wont be in because he cant fight look at these character who should have got in but didn't because they never even fought in their games!

Game and watch he didn't fight anyone all he did was- o er... never mind
Ice climbers all they did was jump- um... actually forget this one
Peach she was just captur- ... one second
Zelda never did anything either she was- ack! this isn't working either!
Fox just flys around in his- actually isn't he in the game as well? never mind then
Falco... ^^^
Captain falcon all he does is driv- O yhea he is in the game... my bad

Er... um... *runs away*

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Actually Toad wont be in because he cant fight look at these character who should have got in but didn't because they never even fought in their games!

Fox just flys around in his- actually isn't he in the game as well? never mind then
Falco... ^^^

Er... um... *runs away*
:laugh:

While we're still on the subject of Toad fighting, there's one in the original Paper Mario who is possibly one of the toughest fighters in the game. Of course, this point has been brought up quite a bit, but then again, what hasn't in this topic?

In Toad Town, the hub of the game, there is a dojo and The Master of the dojo is a Toad who you have to fight three times before you surpass him. You fight a couple of his students first and in the first two fights against The Master, he holds back, but goes all out in the last fight against him. I think the only purpose to winning was for bragging rights and a few NPCs reacting differently to you. The Master isn't the Toad, but he is a Toad.

That was one of the things I did when I got the game on VC about a couple of weeks ago. That ends my life story.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Pervert...

I'm hoping that's acompletely different Toad, so that THE Toad, the character, can be playable.
Ditto! :grin:

I will simply quote the following posts to contradict yours.

The "Toad can't fight" argument again? How come it won't get through many of y'all minds that Sakurai can make anyone a fighter if he wanted too? If Toad really is de-confirmed, Sakurai must have had his reasons and with a creative mind like his, I'm sure Toad's fighting ability wasn't one of them.
Just because he's pretty much been confirmed unplayable doesn't mean that YOUR reasoning behind Toad not being playable is correct.

Seriously, stop throwing around your stupid "He can't fight." crap, because we've argued this so many times, and Sakurai must have had some better reasoning behind him not being playable... I'd like to believe to Sakurai isn't that ignorant.

Falco... ^^^

Er... um... *runs away*
The last one was my favorite. :laugh:

In Toad Town, the hub of the game, there is a dojo and The Master of the dojo is a Toad who you have to fight three times before you surpass him. You fight a couple of his students first and in the first two fights against The Master, he holds back, but goes all out in the last fight against him. I think the only purpose to winning was for bragging rights and a few NPCs reacting differently to you. The Master isn't the Toad, but he is a Toad.
Indeed. The Master is so powerful. He will henceforth be known as our collective sensei. AI! :grin:

Bottom line, however: this thread is not going to die any time soon. I, for one, will not let it! While Toad's chance of being a PC is nigh impossible at this point, he has yet to be officially and explicitly deconfirmed by Sakurai--a technicality that NO ONE can argue.

And even when Brawl comes out, if Toad isn't playable, we'll all just be discussing his usefulness in Brawl and his possibilities for Smash IV. =)

Gindor

Smash Ace
I just want to say this to the people that keep on spamming this topic with anti Toad posts:

QFT

:laugh:

While we're still on the subject of Toad fighting, there's one in the original Paper Mario who is possibly one of the toughest fighters in the game. Of course, this point has been brought up quite a bit, but then again, what hasn't in this topic?

That was one of the things I did when I got the game on VC about a couple of weeks ago. That ends my life story.
QFT

Falco... ^^^

Er... um... *runs away*
Yeah you run away! *shakes fist*

Indeed. The Master is so powerful. He will henceforth be known as our collective sensei. AI! :grin:

Bottom line, however: this thread is not going to die any time soon. I, for one, will not let it! While Toad's chance of being a PC is nigh impossible at this point, he has yet to be officially and explicitly deconfirmed by Sakurai--a technicality that NO ONE can argue.

And even when Brawl comes out, if Toad isn't playable, we'll all just be discussing his usefulness in Brawl and his possibilities for Smash IV. =)
QFT
Aeris FTW.
in fact it is the threads with popular/high chance character's die, and if they don't, the mods shut them down (ex ridley-I do support him though). Long live toad(and his thread too)!

Toad for brawl!

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I still have tremendously high hopes for Toad in Brawl. Seeing Peach's moveset staying unchanged kind of dashed those hopes though. I mean, in that Nintendo Power issue long ago, Wario and Toad were the top 2 characters voted by the fans to be in the next game. I just don't understand why they don't take that into account. But I shouldn't be saying that since I really don't know the true outcome of the game. Heres to still hoping. Persistance is key!

TOAD FOR BRAWL!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I still have tremendously high hopes for Toad in Brawl. Seeing Peach's moveset staying unchanged kind of dashed those hopes though. I mean, in that Nintendo Power issue long ago, Wario and Toad were the top 2 characters voted by the fans to be in the next game. I just don't understand why they don't take that into account. But I shouldn't be saying that since I really don't know the true outcome of the game. Heres to still hoping. Persistance is key!

TOAD FOR BRAWL!
What he said. ;)

Gindor

Smash Ace
Toad 4 Brawl

nothing needs to be said...
QFT

TOAD FOR BRAWL!
keep it up!

Toad for brawl! (fan/bump wave please)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
im not going to lie, i still believe that toad has a perfectly good chance of being in the game. so he is used as a counter by peach. so? so sakurai didnt want to alter peachs moveset, does that mean all of a sudden toad is not going to be in. so what of toad shows up in one little b move, he could still be a PC. i'm assuming mot of you are using the reasoning of "oh, toad is peachs b move, how can he be a playable character?". easy, its a videogame, they can do whatever they want to do. on a side note, i have another argument as to why the peach update means nothing. "oh, but how can toad be in the game, if he is being used by peach. if toad is fighting peach, how can he himself counter himself?". hiroshi says," well little kids, how can a fox fight another fox at the same time. how can a pika fight another pika. how can we have dittos? oh thats right, cuz the same character can be onscreen more than once at the same time. calm the fvck down. toad is in brawl....peace

TOAD FOR BRAWL!!111!!

-hiroshi

Top Bottom