• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Grr... Peach should use Toadsworth as a shield instead...

That way we wouldn't be having this argument,

STOP MESSING WITH OUR MINDS, SAKURAI!

Please?

Vali

Smash Ace
Mario Geek come to correct your mistake. Annoying MC Ballyhoo hosts Mario Party 8. He was hosting in the following: Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 4, and Mario Party Advance. All the rest except Mario Party 3, he was Playable.
Oops sorry, I know he hosted a couple of previous ones and I was assuming, seeming I haven't bought the horrendous new ones ^^.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach uses Toad, ergo Toad is not a player.
But by the same logic, Fox uses a blaster, ergo the blaster is not an item. ...Oh, wait, it is. Duplicity is not an issue in Smash Bros., which is why we can have a Pikachu-only free-for-all, for example. Just a thought.

There is no The Toad. Toad is not a unique finite resource. They're just peasents of the Mushroom Kingdom, or should I say Inhabitants. If there was a The Toad, he could have a better chance. Bowser is an enhanced Koopa Troopa, and also has a name. If There was a The Toad with A Name, I'd believe his chances would be better.
I'm very ignorant in the issue of why and why not Toad would be in Brawl.
See the quoted passages above and below yours for someone even more generally ignorant. :chuckle:

All you people are telling me is that Toad means Kinipio in Japanese. Big ****ing whoop.
First of all, it's the other way around: "Kinopio" means "Toad" in Japanese, as the name is derived from "kinoko", Japanese for "mushroom". And the relevance of this fact is that it gives you the name of the singular Toad; the Toad of SMB2, the Toad of Mario Kart, the Toad of Mario Party, etc.

And the only Toads I can think of that have names are Toadsworth (yeah, good luck with that cane grandpa..) and Toadofsky, who composes music (by the way, he's not getting in either. **** you, Geno was first, **** off..)
I wouldn't call Toad a species either...Like, they ARE still humans. The name Toad actually derives from its meaning, which is a sort of derrogatory way to refer to a servant or sidekick. So it's as in "he's a toad" rather than "he's Toad", even though they do say it that way, just so he can have an actual name.

Oh yeah, and there is a Yoshi with a name as well. Boshi, the grumbling racer with dark shades and a spikey collar. I always wanted him in Brawl too.. *Crosses fingers "assisttrophyassisttrophyassisttrophyassisttrophy" *
Toadsworth would actually be a really funny character with that mushroom cane--the same cane that scored me my first home run in Mario Superstar Baseball, no less.

I am surprised that you don't know Toadette, either. Other assorted Toads include Tayce T., the Chancellor of the Mushroom Kingdom, Raz, Hinopio, and Prince Mush. They exist, you just might not know of them. :ohwell:

As for Boshi, don't hold your breath. I say that only because SMRPG is a Square/Nintendo game to which Square owns many of the character rights. From my understanding, each character used in Brawl would mean a separate monetary amount. If ANY character shows up in Brawl, it will be either Geno or Mallow (probably the former) as a playable character. I highly doubt that Nintendo would shell out extra money just to include a single-game third-party character as an Assist Trophy.

Vali

Smash Ace
Can anyone say "The Master"? He'd be awesome to have as a PC in Brawl (3rd form naturally otherwise he'd have to resort to pinching). I put a video a few pages back to all those unaware of who The Master is.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere online that Toad and Wario were confirmed characters for SSBB. Now I saw in the trailer that Wario has been confirmed, but where does that leave my buddy Toad? I would include the URL but I don't remember where I saw this.

That being said, any speculation on Toad being in SSBB?

Also, what kind of movesets do you think they'll both have? I hope Wario has a moveset based on his moves in Warioworld. I think the piledriver (for his d-throw) would be awesome.

He cant be in brawl because he is already being used bye peach in brawl. I saw pics on the dojo. So that takes that character out i mean if you could play him it would make since that peach could not use him anymore.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You know, you think in the 87 pages of discussion, and our constant checking of the Dojo site we would have known that.

SonicMario

Smash Master
He cant be in brawl because he is already being used bye peach in brawl. I saw pics on the dojo. So that takes that character out i mean if you could play him it would make since that peach could not use him anymore.
Dude, what is the point of quoting the 1ST POST OF THE THREAD.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I am surprised that you don't know Toadette, either. Other assorted Toads include Tayce T., the Chancellor of the Mushroom Kingdom, Raz, Hinopio, and Prince Mush. They exist, you just might not know of them. :ohwell:
Oh wait actually I do remember all of them hahah sorry but still "no chance"..

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Optimists...
Well we're not at the delusional Leibniz level, but I don't see anything wrong with hoping for the best. It's an imperfect world, no doubt, but that shouldn't inherently give someone a reason to lose hope.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be so optimistic, but after Pokemon Trainer.....expect everything.
Fair enough. Sakurai is a man of surprises....

Oh wait actually I do remember all of them hahah sorry but still "no chance"..
Well, I'm glad that I could jog your memory.

Plus, Peach likes Toad the best.

Give Peach Toad or give me death!
*kills* :chuckle:

It's THE Toad.
It isn't explicitly stated, though. No matter which side you take, either argument is still just speculation. It could very well be Kinopio, the same exact Toad that many of us are/were hoping to see as a playable character in Brawl; by the same token, it could be some random no-name Toad who just so happens to have the misfortune of serving as Peach's counter. Sakurai has only offered us enough to hypothesize, but no one's judgment is absolute--save Sakurai's, of course. ;)

Is it so wrong to be optimistic?

Half-full glasses of milk are a lot tastier than half-empty ones.
Especially with peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Peanut butter and strawberry jam on whole wheat bread with a nice cold glass of no-fat milk. Yum. :grin:

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ya there are many toads but maybe there like in adventure mode and u have to rescue them or something, i dont think toad will be playable. toads not much of a fighter

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Quoted for redundancy.

We've heard it about a million times. We don't care. So shut up. :)
Quoted for truth.

The best truth, by the way. This topic has had enough of "If you think Toad will be in, you are in a state of denial." Listen, it's been said so many times that it doesn't need to be said even one time more. It's like one of those topics where they ask a question it gets answered, and then like 20 more people come in and post the same thing.

Besides I think it's about time you lay off the Toad fans once and for all, this topic isn't hurting anybody. >_>

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
aeris is such a cool dude...

VIVA LA TOAD!!!!...peace

-hiroshi
Thanks, bud! I feel so special. :grin:

did somebody already make a move set for toad in the early pages???
You bet. Search this thread for "Mushroom Kart" or "Party Time!" and you'll probably find my moveset. Fawriel posted one as well, among others.

Quoted for redundancy.

Circus is for lovers. :grin: Truly, we've heard it over and over, and it doesn't change the fact that we still want Toad. We don't necessarily find it to be a realistic possibility, but we're holding out hope nonetheless.

Quoted for truth.

The best truth, by the way. This topic has had enough of "If you think Toad will be in, you are in a state of denial." Listen, it's been said so many times that it doesn't need to be said even one time more. It's like one of those topics where they ask a question it gets answered, and then like 20 more people come in and post the same thing.

Besides I think it's about time you lay off the Toad fans once and for all, this topic isn't hurting anybody. >_>
Very well put. We don't need to hear it ad nauseam: we heard you all the first time. But we're harmless just the same, so there's no point in being rude or apprehensive in the least. Quit trolling. kthxbai. :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey if they ever added a Toad into the game i always wanted it to be a Paper Toad... like the master or something because that would not only make him Uber (For use of a better word...) unique but it would somewhat rep the Paper Mario franchise which is one of my favorite to be honest.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
You know, you think in the 87 pages of discussion, and our constant checking of the Dojo site we would have known that.
*sigh*

Toad is possible, i mean Peaches Toad couldve been not the main one.
thank you

There are hundreds of Toads in the Mario Universe. Just so everyones clear. ;)
thank you

Optimists...
what's wrong with being one

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't be so optimistic, but after Pokemon Trainer.....expect everything.
very good point, everyone's chances were shuffled after that incident

It's THE Toad.
did sakurai say that, I think not, also he said "toad defense", not "using toad as a shield"

did somebody already make a move set for toad in the early pages???
yup! just look, or maybe someone will quote them

Quoted for redundancy.

QFT

Quoted for truth.

thank you

Hey if they ever added a Toad into the game i always wanted it to be a Paper Toad... like the master or something because that would not only make him Uber (For use of a better word...) unique but it would somewhat rep the Paper Mario franchise which is one of my favorite to be honest.
you know, I would be happy with that. I'd be happier with normal toad, but I would rather have paper toad than no toad.

The Paper Mario franchise deserves rep. Hopefully we'll at least get a level.

I hope Toad get's his mushroom bazooka. That would be awesome.
Bazooka FTW!

Toad for brawl!

EDIT-sorry for these walls of replies, but I can't check as much anymore.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I still think Toad playable is possible. As others had said, there are many Toads. The one Peach keeps... in her dress could just be a random one.

Anybody who thinks toad might still be playable is in a MASSIVE state of denial.

Attack its weak point for MASSIVE damage?

Top Bottom