• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Fine by me. :)

I just wanted to point out that Peach's moveset was created from scratch, Sakurai could have done the same thing with Toad.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It would be funny if Toad was the... big bad guy of the story mode, it was him who tried to take over the smash world! *GASP* and when you finally face him on Final destination he slaughters Master hand and Crazy hand for failing to defeat you... with his SWORD!!

But i can dream... (He wears a Tuxedo)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
This may seem a little far fetched, but maybe they'll make a slight variant of Toad be a playable character. If a Docter Mario and Mario can fight in the same game, so can two Toads. Maybe their will be a Paper Toad, or something like that. Or even, maybe THE Toad could be dressed in his suit, from Mario Party 4. It may have decreased his chances, but Sakurai has been known to surprise us! ;)

SonicMario

Smash Master
This may seem a little far fetched, but maybe they'll make a slight variant of Toad be a playable character. If a Docter Mario and Mario can fight in the same game, so can two Toads. Maybe their will be a Paper Toad, or something like that. Or even, maybe THE Toad could be dressed in his suit, from Mario Party 4. It may have decreased his chances, but Sakurai has been known to surprise us! ;)
Perhaps i should make a new word for this optimism. Let's see, it started with Tom Nook. So new word:

Nooktimism- Belief that a character will be playable despite that character appearing in the background or by otherwise deconfirmed

Please don't flame me for 1. Making up a word (though i'd like to know who started the Luigified buisness), 2. For saying Nook or Toad isn't in for those who supported both, 3. presuming that i'm flaming everyone that supported both characters.

I am so sorry, it is just that Peach having Toad as her B again means Toad is deconfirmed no matter what the Nooktimists (People that fall under the defenition in Italics above) beliefs are.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Nooktimism- Belief that a character will be playable despite that character appearing in the background or by otherwise deconfirmed
How is appearing in the background 100% undeniable cold hard solid proof that a character is unplayable, like being confirmed as an AT? The only characters that are 100% de-confirmed are those confirmed as ATs. As for Tom Nook, it could go either way with Sakurai seeming teasing us with a stage, item, and even icon. However, I'm not saying that stuff means he will be playable either.

On the other hand for Toad, while he too isn't 100% de-confirmed (despite the odds being strongly against him), I already stated how I feel about that. I prefer to not jump to conclusions either way. I don't think that I quite fit your made up word because I usually don't resort to wishful thinking (which I also explained in this topic), despite that not being part of the word.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
thinking that nook still has a chance because he is only a stage item is just like thinking deoxys still has a shot because only one of his forms was pokeballed.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
How is appearing in the background 100% undeniable cold hard solid proof that a character is unplayable, like being confirmed as an AT? The only characters that are 100% de-confirmed are those confirmed as ATs. As for Tom Nook, it could go either way with Sakurai seeming teasing us with a stage, item, and even icon. However, I'm not saying that stuff means he will be playable either.

On the other hand for Toad, while he too isn't 100% de-confirmed (despite the odds being strongly against him), I already stated how I feel about that. I prefer to not jump to conclusions either way. I don't think that I quite fit your made up word because I usually don't resort to wishful thinking (which I also explained in this topic), despite that not being part of the word.
Get over it.

PLEASE...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
thinking that nook still has a chance because he is only a stage item is just like thinking deoxys still has a shot because only one of his forms was pokeballed.
I'm not even a Tom Nook fan, despite defending him against certain arguments, so I can't say I really care that much to see him in the game. However, there is a difference between him and Dexoys...

An AC stage and item have been confirmed, along with the AC icon being on the site. Tom Nook has appeared in the background of said stage. Tom Nook has yet to be neither officially confirmed non de-confirmed. I think both extreme sides, "Background de-confirms Nook!" and "Icon, stage, and item confirms Nook!" are jumping to conclusions without hard solid facts otherwise.

Dexoys has been confirmed as an Pokéball, which is basically the same thing as an AT. Sakurai has made it clear when he said, "Bear in mind, though, that you can't control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that."

In other words, how can these two be compared? One's status can't be said for sure, the other's can.

*tries to slip Toad back into discussion by saving him from Peach*

Get over it.

PLEASE...
Why? How much more clear can I say that I believe the odds are strongly against him and that I don't expect him to be in at this point, but he hasn't been de-confirmed to the same extent as an AT?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Get back to us about this wanting topics closed business whenever you become a mod and be sure to have the Goroh and Dexoys (maybe even Tom Nook as well) topics locked as well.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still want this thread closed thank you very much...
Why?

That's a serious question. You could just ignore this topic if you wanted. There is still intelligent discussion going on in this topic.

You aren't contributing a thing by posting that continuously, especially since you aren't a mod, and obviously you don't know how and why they lock topics since they haven't locked the AT'd characters topics. DISCUSSION is still allowed.

Just because you want to make the Toad fans mad doesn't justify you doing so.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I'm not even a Tom Nook fan, despite defending him against certain arguments, so I can't say I really care that much to see him in the game. However, there is a difference between him and Dexoys...

An AC stage and item have been confirmed, along with the AC icon being on the site. Tom Nook has appeared in the background of said stage. Tom Nook has yet to be neither officially confirmed non de-confirmed. I think both extreme sides, "Background de-confirms Nook!" and "Icon, stage, and item confirms Nook!" are jumping to conclusions without hard solid facts otherwise.

Dexoys has been confirmed as an Pokéball, which is basically the same thing as an AT. Sakurai has made it clear when he said, "Bear in mind, though, that you can't control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that."

In other words, how can these two be compared? One's status can't be said for sure, the other's can.

*tries to slip Toad back into discussion by saving him from Peach*

Why? How much more clear can I say that I believe the odds are strongly against him and that I don't expect him to be in at this point, but he hasn't been de-confirmed to the same extent as an AT?
Strongly? There's not even a chance anymore. Not every single character has to be shown as an AT to be completely deconfirmed. You're practically in denial, so just chill.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ Please don't blame Toadstool >_< It's Sakurai's fault!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
...Why? If you don't want to discuss Toad, don't visit the thread. Just because you don't want to talk about the possibility--or lack thereof--of Toad being a PC in Brawl doesn't mean that others of us do not. I am more than happy keeping this thread alive for months to come, even if Sakurai posts a special update right now that says "TOAD IS NOT PLAYABLE IN BRAWL!" Toad is my favorite character, so I will continue talking about him as much as I would like. His status (playable or not) is only one aspect of his being. Like it has been said before, closing this thread would be foolish; likewise, the Goro, Nook, Totakeke, Deoxys, Hammer Bro, and Knuckle Joe threads would all have to be closed for the same "reason".

We're here to talk about Toad. If you don't want to, leave. It's as simple as that. Stop trolling (I'm collectively reprimanding here).

----------------

As for Peach's B move, how do you think her Toad counter will work this time? Will her Toad spray spores like in Melee, or will he pummel the opponent? Maybe even something different?

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Strongly? There's not even a chance anymore. Not every single character has to be shown as an AT to be completely deconfirmed. You're practically in denial, so just chill.
What do you mean there isn't a chance anymore? You act like the update was total solid fact that Toad has no chances of being playable. I tend to not think too much more far ahead then what the updates imply as not to jump to conclusions that might not be there. How can we prove for sure (other then non Nintendo video game characters) isn't de-confirmed other then ATs? What am I in denial about and how come I have to chill? Seriously, did I not make the following statement clear?

I have accepted for the time being that Toad will not be a playable character.

Just because I say he wasn't totally de-confirmed doesn't change how I feel like said about. In fact, Toad related, we got "She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense." and that screen shot. Then there's the "Sakurai factor", but then again, that might be a bit too much wishful thinking. I'm not like the people that still believe ATs will be playable after Sakuai made it a point that they wouldn't. I repeat...

Regardless of defending Toad, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai pretty much did said Toad wasn't playable in the latest update.

What more do I have to [not] do to prove that I'm not some Toad fanboy that wants him in regardless of current events?

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I doubt it, but with PT in the game,who knows? I figured Toadworth would become Peach's B move,and then Toad would be an Assist Trophy. Also,the only other mario characters that deserve to be in are Bowser Jr. and maybe Paper Mario.
You forgot geno ;)

I just hope that move will actually be useful this time, because I don't remember that move ever seriously being used. Toad better be doing something good if that's his only role to be a human shield for Peach.

But really, what's up with the "plz close this thread lulz" posts? Didn't see that happened with Goroh' or Dexoys' topics, which I believe at still open with some kind of discussion going on.
The doxys thread is long dead, and still not closed. :laugh:

Toad's still her B move LOLZ!!!!!!!
*points out immature person*

Hey. I'll have to keep it short because I'm just in an internet cafe since my own connection's gone for a while, and I haven't read the new posts yet, buuuut... I could already smell them coming miles away when I saw today's update.

I just want to say that I'm sorry for the Toad fans. I was never much of a supporter of him, although he does have potential. I mostly defended him because I think he deserves some respect. And he does.
Also, I defended him because his fans are awesome.

I assume there are people bashing them.
Stop it.
You're just making fools out of yourselves.
How would you like all the fans with disappointed expectations to make a list of YOUR favourites to laugh in your face if they are deconfirmed, huh...?
Thank you

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but what about Charizard? If he appears in a pokeball, wouldn't that mean Toad could be a B-move and a PC?
Charizard has a high chance in my eyes of leaving the pokeball and just being commanded.

I never wanted Deoxy's in it, He sounded like the stupidest Pokemon idea I've seen since Grimer.
Did you actually think what he might be able to do? Looking at the deoxys thread might do you some good.

Does that mean that Toad would pull PEACH out in defense?
lol, REVENGE!

Frankly, shut your mouth, we heard you at least four times already.

...Why? If you don't want to discuss Toad, don't visit the thread. Just because you don't want to talk about the possibility--or lack thereof--of Toad being a PC in Brawl doesn't mean that others of us do not. I am more than happy keeping this thread alive for months to come, even if Sakurai posts a special update right now that says "TOAD IS NOT PLAYABLE IN BRAWL!" Toad is my favorite character, so I will continue talking about him as much as I would like. His status (playable or not) is only one aspect of his being. Like it has been said before, closing this thread would be foolish; likewise, the Goro, Nook, Totakeke, Deoxys, Hammer Bro, and Knuckle Joe threads would all have to be closed for the same "reason".

We're here to talk about Toad. If you don't want to, leave. It's as simple as that. Stop trolling (I'm collectively reprimanding here).

----------------

As for Peach's B move, how do you think her Toad counter will work this time? Will her Toad spray spores like in Melee, or will he pummel the opponent? Maybe even something different?
Probably spores again since toad is seen flailing his arms in fear and has nothing to do except exspell spores unwillingly.

What do you mean there isn't a chance anymore? You act like the update was total solid fact that Toad has no chances of being playable. I tend to not think too much more far ahead then what the updates imply as not to jump to conclusions that might not be there. How can we prove for sure (other then non Nintendo video game characters) isn't de-confirmed other then ATs? What am I in denial about and how come I have to chill? Seriously, did I not make the following statement clear?

I have accepted for the time being that Toad will not be a playable character.

Just because I say he wasn't totally de-confirmed doesn't change how I feel like said about. In fact, Toad related, we got "She can silence both Mario and Bowser with her floating jumps and Toad defense." and that screen shot. Then there's the "Sakurai factor", but then again, that might be a bit too much wishful thinking. I'm not like the people that still believe ATs will be playable after Sakuai made it a point that they wouldn't. I repeat...

Regardless of defending Toad, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai pretty much did said Toad wasn't playable in the latest update.

What more do I have to [not] do to prove that I'm not some Toad fanboy that wants him in regardless of current events?
An idea has struck me!
"toad defense"-refering to the toad species
"using toad as a shield"-refering to THE toad

Sadly the only FS I can think of is her calling out a horde of toads to run across the stage, murdering foes as all FS are ment to do. That would lower his chances even more...

Toad for brawl...

Gindor

Smash Ace
You ignore the small (admittedly miniscule) chance that he still could be in brawl.
Sakurai didn't say that toad wasn't playable, just showed a pic of A toad being used as a shield. He even described it as "toad defense" (implies the species), not "using toad as a shield" (implies the specific person).

EDIT-EVERYONE (or at least the people on this thread) has seen that pic, but you ignore everything else out of arogance and hate.

EDIT-Using the same point over and over makes the point dull, and useless.
It would make everyone happy if you left this thread (including you). It wouldn't hurt to take your anti friends too.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You ignore the small (admittedly miniscule) chance that he still could be in brawl.
Sakurai didn't say that toad wasn't playable, just showed a pic of A toad being used as a shield. He even described it as "toad defense" (implies the species), not "using toad as a shield" (implies the specific person).

EDIT-EVERYONE (or at least the people on this thread) has seen that pic, but you ignore everything else out of arogance and hate.

EDIT-Using the same point over and over makes the point dull, and useless.
It would make everyone happy if you left this thread (including you). It wouldn't hurt to take your anti friends too.
There is no The Toad. Toad is not a unique finite resource. They're just peasents of the Mushroom Kingdom, or should I say Inhabitants. If there was a The Toad, he could have a better chance. Bowser is an enhanced Koopa Troopa, and also has a name. If There was a The Toad with A Name, I'd believe his chances would be better.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I believe he does have a name (which escapes me, look back a bit).
there is the loyal toad guards, which it seems sakurai described in the "toad defense"
and there is THE toad, named (insert name that escaped my memory), who had great strength and speed.

There is a chance he will be in, but not the average toad guard.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
TOAD!

Or.. Toads?

I um.. am not really sure. I mean.. I don't want to get into a size issue, but even if they do scale him up it would be weird eh?

I'm very ignorant in the issue of why and why not Toad would be in Brawl. Though I think, even if Mario is the big franchise. There is enough representation of it already.. To me anyway.

-Onyx

Vali

Smash Ace
There is no The Toad. Toad is not a unique finite resource. They're just peasents of the Mushroom Kingdom, or should I say Inhabitants. If there was a The Toad, he could have a better chance. Bowser is an enhanced Koopa Troopa, and also has a name. If There was a The Toad with A Name, I'd believe his chances would be better.
Alright, replace Toad with Yoshi.

See what ya get?

There's as much reason to believe that every singular Toad you see is the same one in the same way that there is a race of Yoshi and yet (through no indication whatsoever) we are inclined to believe that it is the same Yoshi that is recurring. You could also see the opposite in that we could believe that every time Yoshi appears in different games, it is infact another green Yoshi. We don't, for obvious reasons.

Toad starred in SMB2, Wario's Woods, Mario Kart, hosts Mario Party 8. It's the same Toad, like it's the same Yoshi.

Please stop with your moronic posts on this subject.

Talendime

Smash Ace
There is THE yoshi, but he also has no name.

That's a pretty good point, but think about it this way: If Mario had a special move where he hopped on Yoshi or something, do you really think Yoshi would still appear as his own character?

I totally thought this discussion was going to end after yesterday's update..
He was even smaller than Pichu! (Not that that's a huge problem or anything, but whatever, you know what I mean)

And the only Toads I can think of that have names are Toadsworth (yeah, good luck with that cane grandpa..) and Toadofsky, who composes music (by the way, he's not getting in either. F.uck you, Geno was first, F.uck off..)
I wouldn't call Toad a species either...Like, they ARE still humans. The name Toad actually derives from its meaning, which is a sort of derrogatory way to refer to a servant or sidekick. So it's as in "he's a toad" rather than "he's Toad", even though they do say it that way, just so he can have an actual name.

Oh yeah, and there is a Yoshi with a name as well. Boshi, the grumbling racer with dark shades and a spikey collar. I always wanted him in Brawl too.. *Crosses fingers "assisttrophyassisttrophyassisttrophyassisttrophy" *

SonicMario

Smash Master
Toad starred in SMB2, Wario's Woods, Mario Kart, hosts Mario Party 8. It's the same Toad, like it's the same Yoshi.
Mario Geek come to correct your mistake. Annoying MC Ballyhoo hosts Mario Party 8. He was hosting in the following: Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 4, and Mario Party Advance. All the rest except Mario Party 3, he was Playable.

Top Bottom