• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see you're missing the point. Toad is a pretty generic species in the Mushroom Kingdom, just because Peach uses one, doesn't invalidate Toad's possibility to be playable.
i see your point man...but it looks bad. Sakurai COULD mindgame everyone and make Toad playable despite being in peach's moveset, or reveal that it's a different toad altogether that Peach has, but you're gonna have a very sad time trying to argue that to most people here.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The only way Toad will be playable now is if halfway through Peaches neutral B he wrestles himself out of her hands, turns around, slaps her in the face then walks off.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yah i saw this update and went OOO, and then i saw toad and i was like ooooh. yah he isn't pc this time around, same for goroh and deoxys. and just when pt was giving us hope for character with low chances, toad smashes them again.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Despite the fact that Toad is part of Peach's move set again and that his chances of being playable dropped faster then Falco's fast fall, I still fail to see where the nay sayers are coming from in that Toad couldn't fight. I would love to defend Toad in how he could be playable, but unlike others like Tom Nook, I just don't know how in this case. While Toad still being playable and being part of Peach's B move is possible, I personally feel like that's a bit too much wishful thinking, like people saying Goroh can still be playable despite how clear Sakurai made it that ATs won't be playable.

One thing however is Toad isn't 100% de-confirmed, like how Peach wasn't 100% confirmed from a couple weeks ago till today's update. However, I refuse to resort to wishful thinking and at the moment will accept that Toad most likely won't be playable. I must be one of the few that were like, "Peach hasn't been 100% confirmed, but I see very little reason for her not to be playable again." I would have actually liked to see Toad playable, but unless Sakurai pulls off some amazing mind games like for PT, I pretty much don't see Toad being playable. :urg:

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well,Toad fans. You can cry now. Because Toad is deconfirmed!(come on,if you honestly still think otherwise,you're dreaming)

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Closing the thread would not make any sense. Toad can still be discussed.

If someone I did not like was deconfirmed (Deoxys) I would not laugh at the people who wanted them playable. Karma has a way of catching up to you...

Putting Toad as Peach's B-move is a tragic mistake. I won't be sad if there are no other new Mario characters, since no other Mario character deserved to be in Brawl. (Unless you count Diddy as a Mario character.)

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda dissappointed that Peach's moveset looks the same. I really thought she'd be revamped with a Super Princess Peach moveset (thus also removing the Toad move making way for Toad to be playable).

Ah well, I like the way Peach plays in Melee, anyways. But... no one ever used the Toad move there.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Now I'm wondering if Toadsworth actually will become a character...
I doubt it, but with PT in the game,who knows? I figured Toadworth would become Peach's B move,and then Toad would be an Assist Trophy. Also,the only other mario characters that deserve to be in are Bowser Jr. and maybe Paper Mario.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Whenever you Toad fans want to see good old Toad, all you have to do is be Peach and press the B button.

;]

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that move will actually be useful this time, because I don't remember that move ever seriously being used. Toad better be doing something good if that's his only role to be a human shield for Peach.

But really, what's up with the "plz close this thread lulz" posts? Didn't see that happened with Goroh' or Dexoys' topics, which I believe at still open with some kind of discussion going on.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Whenever you Toad fans want to see good old Toad, all you have to do is be Peach and press the B button.

;]
I could see that skull toads fan have a four controllers and all of them have Peach. They keep pressing B. Just staring at the screen *sigh* B *sigh* B *sigh*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
There has been so many posts that any efforts to multiquote would be in vain due to the sheer volume of posting. Instead, I will make a few statements.

1) Kudos to anyone still keeping the dream alive! The "Toad for Brawl" banner will not leave my sig until December 3rd. Sure, his possibilities of being a PC seem remote at best as of right now, but the possibility exists nonetheless. Peach has a plethora of Mushroom Retainers at her side; her "Toad defense" could be any one of a generic cluster of Toads, not just Kinopio (THE Toad). My fingers are still crossed.

2) Misto-Roboto?! Dude, I haven't seen you on here in forever! It's a pleasure. And thanks for your support! Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

3) I am floored at the amount of insipid posts we have received as of late. Not only are we being bombarded with the "duhhhh I dunno what Toad's moveset would be, George, nope, no moveset" posts, but also the "LOLZ TODA DECOMFIRMDED!1!!!1 !" posts. This thread has become a favorite haunt of the unimaginative, the nondescript, and the immature. It's appalling!

As far as today's update goes, we know one thing: Peach has a Mushroom Retainer at her behest who will defend her and serve as a counter to an opponent's attacks. Everything else is still merely speculation. Some may call it "naïve", but it's really rooted in what is factual. Sakurai has not explicitly stated, like with ATs and Pokéball characters, that Toad will not be playable. Peach uses A Toad, not necessarily THE Toad. Assumptions are welcome, but do not present them as "proof" of your omniscience. Unless your name is Masahiro Sakurai, your opinion is just that--an opinion, neither better nor worse than the opinion of anyone else in this thread.

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
There has been so many posts that any efforts to multiquote would be in vain due to the sheer volume of posting. Instead, I will make a few statements.

1) Kudos to anyone still keeping the dream alive! The "Toad for Brawl" banner will not leave my sig until December 3rd. Sure, his possibilities of being a PC seem remote at best as of right now, but the possibility exists nonetheless. Peach has a plethora of Mushroom Retainers at her side; her "Toad defense" could be any one of a generic cluster of Toads, not just Kinopio (THE Toad). My fingers are still crossed.

2) Misto-Roboto?! Dude, I haven't seen you on here in forever! It's a pleasure. And thanks for your support! Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

3) I am floored at the amount of insipid posts we have received as of late. Not only are we being bombarded with the "duhhhh I dunno what Toad's moveset would be, George, nope, no moveset" posts, but also the "LOLZ TODA DECOMFIRMDED!1!!!1 !" posts. This thread has become a favorite haunt of the unimaginative, the nondescript, and the immature. It's appalling!

As far as today's update goes, we know one thing: Peach has a Mushroom Retainer at her behest who will defend her and serve as a counter to an opponent's attacks. Everything else is still merely speculation. Some may call it "naïve", but it's really rooted in what is factual. Sakurai has not explicitly stated, like with ATs and Pokéball characters, that Toad will not be playable. Peach uses A Toad, not necessarily THE Toad. Assumptions are welcome, but do not present them as "proof" of your omniscience. Unless your name is Masahiro Sakurai, your opinion is just that--an opinion, neither better nor worse than the opinion of anyone else in this thread.

:******:

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Yeah, what other Toadette wears the same blue shirt without a middle and white shorts? >_>

Dont forget hes like crying.

Face it people, hes been unconfirmed. Go cry like Toad is right now in your shame of Toad not being PC.
\o/ THE ANTI-TOADS WIN!

Now I just need to win with Ridley..

OMG SAMUS CHARGE MOVE REPLACED WITH RIDLEY

DECONFIRMED RIDLEY \o/

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, what other Toadette wears the same blue shirt without a middle and white shorts? >_>

Dont forget hes like crying.

Face it people, hes been unconfirmed. Go cry like Toad is right now in your shame of Toad not being PC.
\o/ THE ANTI-TOADS WIN!

Now I just need to win with Ridley..

OMG SAMUS CHARGE MOVE REPLACED WITH RIDLEY

DECONFIRMED RIDLEY \o/

you dont want ridley?

you die!!

you got to hell and you DIE!!!

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Lol, oh well No playable Toad, but at least we got 'some' new info, like Peach looks Stunning in her outfit as well as the fact the her hip smash, is kinda sexy XD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Exactaly ^^ Close thread plox.,
You aren't a moderator, so don't tell them to lock topics. As RBinator pointed out, the Deoxys and Samurai Goroh's topics are still open.

Besides, Geno and Mallow seems more deserving than Toad anyday.
Yeah, Geno appeared in a grand total of TWO games. One of which was terribly overrated (that's just my opinion, though.), and the other he was just a cameo.

Top Bottom