• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
One thing I'd like to find out is if at E For All if Peach's B Toad move is any different. That may lead to something, or nothing, but worth a shot, eh?

Regardless, hope is still alive. Toad for Brawl!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
One thing I'd like to find out is if at E For All if Peach's B Toad move is any different. That may lead to something, or nothing, but worth a shot, eh?

It isn't...

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Andrew's pic says it all. He's good enough to be a move for a better character - nothing more. There's not going to be his character and then him randomly as Peach's counter move - it just doesn't make sense. Now, all those who want Toad in Brawl: find a bar and rethink your lives.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Insane little spark for discussion:

Peach dances.
For some inexplicable reason, Bowser dances, too.
She even gets little musical notes and stuff.
Now, this is shown in a row of clips showing characters interacting. So maybe it's some sort of multi-taunt or just... random.
Either that, or Peach got a new b-move.

And we all know which b-move we want gone the most.
Methinks it's just a taunt. A hilarious and awesome taunt, but still just a taunt. :lick:

Well, gameplay videos have shown us that the move still exists as her Standard Special, but I'm interested to see if the mechanics are any different. I don't recall seeing Peach successfully counter anyone in the gameplay videos, so I would certainly like to find out if anything has changed (hopefully so!).

Andrew's pic says it all. He's good enough to be a move for a better character - nothing more. There's not going to be his character and then him randomly as Peach's counter move - it just doesn't make sense. Now, all those who want Toad in Brawl: find a bar and rethink your lives.
I don't drink. Finding a bar would be kind of silly, huh?

Relax a little. It's harmless fun. We all know that Toad probably won't make it as a playable character this time around. But that doesn't discount (possible) future Smash games, and we're still interested in how Toad will be used in Brawl, i.e. if any aspects of Peach's Standard Special have been changed.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I don't drink. Finding a bar would be kind of silly, huh?

Relax a little. It's harmless fun. We all know that Toad probably won't make it as a playable character this time around. But that doesn't discount (possible) future Smash games, and we're still interested in how Toad will be used in Brawl, i.e. if any aspects of Peach's Standard Special have been changed.
No, idiots shouldn't be allowed to post. I'll do what I can to help.

And my point was START drinking. Drawing your own conclusions from an intentionally open-meaning sentance is kind of silly, huh?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
with him being a weapon of peach, I dont see how he can get in. this is the same as saying tom nook can get in while he is in the background.
I won't even start on the Tom Nook issue again, but for purposes of defending Toad, I'll once again bring up the point that there is a whole species of Toads. It is not specified that Peach keeps the Toad that we know and love in her bosom. Could just be servant Toad #4873 for all we know.

I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to shock us by sticking Toad in anyway. As we've seen with Mario's Mario Tornado, he seems to have no problem playing the "HAHA, I fooled you!" card.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
No, idiots shouldn't be allowed to post. I'll do what I can to help.
Then really, why are you still allowed too?

Frankly, I don't see how this should matter to you. Does it bother so greatly that people discuss Toad in a public forum that you feel the need to say be all, end all opinion? If you don't want to discuss Toad in a board where Toad is liked, then leave it. Posting in it just makes you look like an idiot.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What does that have to do with the Toad character already being used. Toad wont be playable for the same reason Pikachu, Pichu,and Jigglypuff weren't also pokeball pokemon in Melee.
And where exactly was it specified that there COULDN'T be pokéball'd Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Pichu? Maybe the team simply chose not to make them. I do see the point you're trying to make, but it's not like this is some kind of written rule. Plus, this is a slightly different concept. Toad isn't in a pokéball. He's in Peach's cleavage. The "rules" (assuming they do exist) may be different.

I have no delusions about Toad's chances as a playable character; I just don't acknowledge that he's deconfirmed. Since he's not.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't want Toad. There's better characters out there that deserve to be playable......like idk..... Hammer Bro. I can't beleive he's an AT. I'd rather Dry Bones before Toad.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
If Toad was playable, then the Toad in Peach's moveset would be a different color (or a different Toad altogether, or Perry, or her own Parasol).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Andrew's pic says it all. He's good enough to be a move for a better character - nothing more.
It doesn't say that, and I didn't say it either. >_>

All I'm saying is Toad was deserving of the spot, but he didn't get it. That doesn't mean that every Toad hater can come in this topic and brag about Toad not being in with their illogical reasoning.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
There ARE countless Toads, but WHY would they give Peach a Toad which looks the same as the playable one?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
No. Because he's been in Mario games right about the time Toad was in them too, and he's turning out to be an awesome character. I think others would agree that Hammer Bro deserves to be a PC more than Toad does, he would make a better fighter.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hammer Bro deserves more of a spot than Toad does.
I very much believe in the "everyone's entitled to their own opinion" philosophy.

But honestly, you're not allowed to think that. That's not true at all. Toad has infinitely more personality and importance than a Hammer Bro.

@Shadowbolt, because that's how all Toads look? And the playable one would be given some kind of flare to his look that would make him stand out? Ask Sakurai.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
But honestly, you're not allowed to think that. That's not true at all. Toad has infinitely more personality and importance than a Hammer Bro.
Personality? Importance? I'm sure even a Goomba or Koopa could get beaten up in game and tell someone what castle a princess is in. What makes Toad so better than Hammer Bro? I don't know how popular Hammer Bro is now, but I think that may be why he is starting to make appearances as a playable character in Mario games and an AT in this one.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No. Because he's been in Mario games right about the time Toad was in them too, and he's turning out to be an awesome character. I think others would agree that Hammer Bro deserves to be a PC more than Toad does, he would make a better fighter.
So it all comes down to your opinion in the end.

There are tons of Toad fans, Toad was on the poll. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hammer Bro. wasn't there at all.

Toad would have been a better fighter. Don't give me that "Toad can't fight" bullcrap, because that's false.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Personality? Importance? I'm sure even a Goomba or Koopa could get beaten up in game and tell someone what castle a princess is in. What makes Toad so better than Hammer Bro? I don't know how popular Hammer Bro is now, but I think that may be why he is starting to make appearances as a playable character in Mario games and an AT in this one.
Hammer Bro hasn't had a starring role. Toad was the main character in Wario Woods, and in SMB2. Toad is the most deserving Mario Newcommer, and it will be great if he makes it in.

EPX2

Smash Ace
lol...

I'm just posting here to say that Toad's not necessarily been deconfirmed. Him being Peach's B move is irrelevant.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
So it all comes down to your opinion in the end.

There are tons of Toad fans, Toad was on the poll. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hammer Bro. wasn't there at all.

Toad would have been a better fighter. Don't give me that "Toad can't fight" bullcrap, because that's false.
As I stated before, I don't know where Hammer Bro is considered in popularity. Hammer Bro has basically just started making appearances in games and is in fact better than Toad. Toad can be on any poll he wants, b/c he won't be a PC and I know that's for sure. Put Toad up against Hammer Bro and what do you get other than smashed mushrooms?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
As I stated before, I don't know where Hammer Bro is considered in popularity. Hammer Bro has basically just started making appearances in games and is in fact better than Toad. Toad can be on any poll he wants, b/c he won't be a PC and I know that's for sure. Put Toad up against Hammer Bro and what do you get other than smashed mushrooms?
I refuse to argue with your bias.

It doesn't matter anyways, because neither are playable. >_>

EPX2

Smash Ace

I hope you're still around on release day, because I'm sick of these arguments.
And I refer back to my point in the other topic about how Toad being Peach's B move does not, in any way, shape, or form, mean that he isn't playable. You already know what I'm talking about, so no reason for me to repeat myself.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Oy. Can't there just be peace between Toad fans? Bickering may improve post count, but let's get back to discussing Toad. Deconfirmed or confirmed, what he would be like in a Smash Bros. game.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by Meta_Sonic64
Hammer Bro deserves more of a spot than Toad does.
Sorry but thats just stupid. Name me one PC in any smash game that is a common enemy in a game and gets killed right away in one hit in it.
Do you think they would put Waddle Dee from the kirby games in Brawl? Of course not! Or a simple goron from the latest Zelda game? Never!

So why do you think some fat koopa with a couple of hammers should get in? Plus in Mario games he appeared very very rarely lowering his popularity.
Instead Toad has strength, personality, speed and a catchphrase.

See what I mean now?

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!! And in honor of this i would like to say this:

TOAD FOR BRAWL!!!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Sorry but thats just stupid. Name me one PC in any smash game that is a common enemy in a game and gets killed right away in one hit in it.
Do you think they would put Waddle Dee from the kirby games in Brawl? Of course not! Or a simple goron from the latest Zelda game? Never!

So why do you think some fat koopa with a couple of hammers should get in? Plus in Mario games he appeared very very rarely lowering his popularity.
Instead Toad has strength, personality, speed and a catchphrase.

See what I mean now?

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!! And in honor of this i would like to say this:

TOAD FOR BRAWL!!!
Toad has strength in your own little imaginary world. He gets beaten up if he's not just walking around the castle. As far as I'm concerned Toad could be killed in one hit too if he had been an enemy as well. Sure he has speed, so what. Personality i dk about. Catchphrase is what? Screaming with that horrible voice?

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Toad has strength in your own little imaginary world. He gets beaten up if he's not just walking around the castle. As far as I'm concerned Toad could be killed in one hit too if he had been an enemy as well. Sure he has speed, so what. Personality i dk about. Catchphrase is what? Screaming with that horrible voice?
His catchphrase would obviously be "Your princess is in another castle"

But anyway, I really hope Toad isn't in brawl. Cuz then I'd have to play as him (beat classic with him, and do his target test) plus, what moves would he have, other than generic punches and kicks? What does toad DO? NOTHING!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
My point exactly. Hammer Bro would atleast have a moveset. Hammer Bro was almost playable incase you guys didn't know. ATs a basically characters that just couldn't quite make it as PCs

EPX2

Smash Ace
My point exactly. Hammer Bro would atleast have a moveset. Hammer Bro was almost playable incase you guys didn't know. ATs a basically characters that just couldn't quite make it as PCs
LOL @ you pulling out "facts" from your ***

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Why exactly are you posting in a Toad thread? Why not dredge up the Hammer Bros. one if you're so keen on them?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm sorry, when did Sakurai say this?

Also, by that logic, Excitebiker and Dr. Wright should've been PCs.
Go to the website and read about assist trophies.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist01.html
at the bottom it states "Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them. "

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Top Bottom