• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok here is my toad moveset, its only b moves but they are incredibly detailed

Speed- 4/5 Power- 4/5 Defense- 3/5 Jump- 1/5

^B- parachute hat, toad takes his hat off and it inflates like a parachute, allowing him to float as if he had an umbrella, and is canceled when he is attacked or when the down button is pushed. While on this parachute his legs flail back and forth, doing damage to anyone who touches them.
Strategy- since this move grant toad no extra height, but gives him floatiness it is best to use this after getting knocked off stage to float back, so if you double jump back and are still below the level of edge grab this move does you no good. Another good way to use this move is to jump over someone and activate it…

B>- summons mushroom, toad reaches down, pulls an item out of the ground, and throws it in front of him. Each item has a different effect, whether it is positive or negative. Move cannot be done in the air
Item list-
Poison mushroom- 5% damage every second for 10 seconds
death mushroom- instant KO
1 up mushroom- gives an extra head in stock battles, or raise score by 1
regular mushroom- heals player 20%
giant mushroom- turn giant for 30 seconds
Turnip- does 15% damage when thrown
Shrink mushroom- shrinks for 1 minute
Bomb- explodes doing 20% damage

VB- release spores, toad releases spores from his mushroom that spreads out in a cloud around him. If an opponent enters the cloud he becomes confused and his movements are reversed, meaning that up becomes down, left becomes right, and visa-versa. This not only effects general movements but button combos, so pressing VB while confused produces your ^B move. Can be used in the air
Strategy- this move is incredibly effective against speed characters, comboers, and jugglers who would otherwise have an unfair advantage over toad because of his poor jumping ability, and if you’ve ever played earthbound when you get a mushroom on your head you know how it feels to have your movements reversed.

B- hat trick, toad climbs into his enormous hat, negating all damage inflicted upon him while in hat. If done in the air the hat will spin, doing damage to anyone it hits in its decent and bouncing twice after hitting the ground. Watch out though because toad can be kicked while in hat trick mode. Lasts three attacks

Final smash- mushroom cloud, toad’s hat builds up energy and expands until it explodes releasing a large cloud of poison gas onto the field. All opponents caught in the blast are poisoned and stunned for 20 seconds.
Toads A moves are a mix of wrestling, grappling, and tackling moves which utilize his speed and power to the fullest. Oh and did I mention that he has the weakest jump in the game.
everyone forgot about my moveset...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
@ ClarkJables

I like your stats because I feel that they reflect SMB2 the best. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the "hat" moves because I'm not sure if that's a hat or actually his head, haha. However, I love the move-inverting spore! Really neat idea, and something that could definitely screw over a speedy opponent. =)

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
@ ClarkJables

I like your stats because I feel that they reflect SMB2 the best. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the "hat" moves because I'm not sure if that's a hat or actually his head, haha. However, I love the move-inverting spore! Really neat idea, and something that could definitely screw over a speedy opponent. =)
I'm pretty sure it's a hat, but that part of peach's royal guards' uniform and should never be taken off, except off screen. But if it is a hat or not, and if it is a hat what's his head look like will always be a mystery.
I'm going to try to make a move set, but I'm bad at movesets, but would it be ok for me to use some of all of your movesets, we should be banding together to make the ultimate toad (reprisentation wise), right?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Hey Guys, you konw how Samurai Goroh,Tom Nook,and Deoxys are feeling right now? Well,I have a feeling the same will happen to you guys soon..(Don't worry,Toad will make a decent AT)

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Because Toad is a MUSHROOM, I suspect that that mushroom is in fact a part of his anatomy ^^

I agree; a perfect moveset must be suggested, as a combination of all our efforts, lest Toad be made into an assist trophy!

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Hey Guys, you konw how Samurai Goroh,Tom Nook,and Deoxys are feeling right now? Well,I have a feeling the same will happen to you guys soon..(Don't worry,Toad will make a decent AT)
Tom Nook??? He isn't an AT?

EDIT: Sorry about double post!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Judgement day nears for all wanted newcomers, some dynamic, some cuteness (completely useless). All we can do is pray to the god of smash (sakurai, or your own if you wish), or give ideas for the Assist trophy and hopefully be heard. But remember, if an AT, the character is lost (for now), but not forgotten.
As for the AT, I think since it's just one type of action/attack/move, I think the spores of reversed controlls would be best.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
I will just feel happy if he gets in since even if he's an at he is still in the game (i would prefer for him to be playable though :colorful::colorful::mushroom::mushroom:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1) Tom Nook has yet to be officially unconfirmed. I still have faith that either he or Totakeke will make it into Brawl as PCs. Even if not, SOMEONE from the AC franchise will be playable, I can feel it.

2) We will not give up hope! Toad still has a fair chance at being included as an unlockable character. He did quite well on the Melee request poll, and Sakurai also included him on the Brawl poll as well. He is the only member of the Big 8 yet to be in a Smash game, so this could be his time to shine (finally!).

TOAD FANS UNITE! :grin:

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
@ ClarkJables

thank you very much, it was actually the spore move that got me to create a toad moveset. and i got the parachute idea from the super mario bors super show, where toad in fact used his mushroom head as a parachute. i thought it would make an interesting move in smash so i put that in there. also glad to see people like my moveset, the first time i posted it all i heard were cricket noises

1) Tom Nook has yet to be officially unconfirmed. I still have faith that either he or Totakeke will make it into Brawl as PCs. Even if not, SOMEONE from the AC franchise will be playable, I can feel it.

2) We will not give up hope! Toad still has a fair chance at being included as an unlockable character. He did quite well on the Melee request poll, and Sakurai also included him on the Brawl poll as well. He is the only member of the Big 8 yet to be in a Smash game, so this could be his time to shine (finally!).

TOAD FANS UNITE! :grin:
1. mr. resetti will be in brawl, oh and its hard for a pc to also be in a stage. thats like saying hey birdo could be playable even though he is part of a stage
2. if toad has my moveset i will never stop playing him

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
1. mr. resetti will be in brawl, oh and its hard for a pc to also be in a stage. thats like saying hey birdo could be playable even though he is part of a stage
2. if toad has my moveset i will never stop playing him
I'd be happy with Resetti, Nook OR K.K. in Brawl as a PC. As long as one of the three makes it onto the playable roster, I'll be a happy camper!

And as long as Toad has a moveset period, I'll never stop playing as him, either. :chuckle:

Gindor

Smash Ace
i just really do hope he makes it in. Also, i would like for him to be atleast mid tier. that way he'll be high enough to still pwn. what am i saying, as long as toad makes it in he will pwn no matter what TOAD FOR BRAWL!!!!!...peace

-hiroshi
I agree about the tiers, but I think they should just destroy the need for them, by making every character have good potential.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i just really do hope he makes it in. Also, i would like for him to be atleast mid tier. that way he'll be high enough to still pwn. what am i saying, as long as toad makes it in he will pwn no matter what TOAD FOR BRAWL!!!!!...peace

-hiroshi
I'm less concerned about the future tiers at this point than I am about Toad's inclusion in the first place. Sakurai's assurance that the game will be more "balanced" gives me hope that Toad would fit in just fine. :)

EDIT: We've passed the 777 mark. Jackpot! =)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Whichever brings us the most luck in getting Toad onto the playable roster is fine by me. =)

wilson7913

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised Toad hasn't been in the previous games, although he's not always an option to use he's usually in the Mario games, I don't think he'd be a useless edition, unless he could maybe be another Pikachu or something but I don't see him making that adjustment.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I'm surprised Toad hasn't been in the previous games, although he's not always an option to use he's usually in the Mario games, I don't think he'd be a useless edition, unless he could maybe be another Pikachu or something but I don't see him making that adjustment.
He is a lot different from pikachu, he is almost that size, but he depends on strength (how he pulls turnips, etc, from the ground), can't jump for his life, and is a defensive character (at least in personality). But I would be happy if he replaced pichu though.:chuckle:

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Well of all the Mario characters I feel that Toad should be in it. Now he was the strongest in Mario 2 and he was the fastest in Mario kart. With a little thinking he could be an awsome chracter. I mean look at Peach she was never playable since Mario 2 (Melee came before her GBA game) and had no movesets other then a glide (not to mention she was the weakest in M2)

Now let take a look at two other Favorite characters. Fox and C. Falcon. Niether was ever seen actually going Hand-to-hand with anyone until Smash Bros. They didn't even have ANYTHING to work with. Now those two are some of the most popular of characters.

So in conclusion they should be able to put in Toad as a possible fighting character.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Oh god no, he wouldn't fight well and he's be boring, Peach already has him as her counter, no thanks.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think they could make it work, it would add depth to the game if he had to fight differently than everyone else IE was VERY defensive..

That would be another thing to learn that shows your skills as a fighter, how well you could counter different playstyles ECT..

They have shown that people never before seen in combat can be made into a fighter, and a very good one at that!

We will wait and see :)

Gindor

Smash Ace
Oh god no, he wouldn't fight well and he's be boring, Peach already has him as her counter, no thanks.
He wouldn't fight you say, look at how peach and zelda came out, and they rarely ever fought in their past games.
how would he be boring, he would annoy you in a match until you attacked him in the hopes of shutting him up, but, oh no! He counter attacked and killed you. I would really like that strategy.:)

Gindor

Smash Ace
In Nintendo Power Magazine they asked everybody wich charactar they would like to see in Brawl they gave four choices Wario, Poo (from earth bound), Waluigi, and TOAD they already confirmed one all we can do is wait for the others.
I hope your right, but they may have just been seeing which would get in over the others, because they couldn't choose, and so that they know who's most wanted.

I don't realy want to see waluigi, but they probably will add him to finish the famous four (mario/luigi/wario/waluigi).
I didn't ever play the earth bound series, but ness needs a friend from his series to help him since he's the only one. It might jeopardize his moveset, but it could also make him better.

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Repeating the important points recently made

Toad deserves more than being a puncing bag for Peaches personal use

He would be a good replacement for Pichu

He would be a great defensive character

Personal opinion
I would love it if he could throw poisonous mushrooms or something
At first I thought of that as a gag but I actually think that would be cool and would work
That would be a good defenseive thing
He poisons his enemies
Then they twich during a combo in mid attack and he's freed
Yeah!

Gindor

Smash Ace
But even as a AT, I will be happy, as he most probably have an annoying attack like the confusion spores, which would fit the style I would have liked.
I just got an idea for his final smash. Toad grabs the SO (smash orb) and covers himself with his hat(?) by pulling it down over him. The hat(?) then increases in size much like a balloon filling with air, then bursts blasting close foes and temporarily reversing controls and poisoning all foes. The shockwave of the blast would also stun far away enemies. Then toad takes some steroids (or something like that, opitional), and grows in size. He then would have a temporary power/knockback/range boost and maybe a new moveset.
The steroids would go away faster than the poison/reversal.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i was thinking if Kirby or Yuoshi try to swallow Toad or whatever...
they could start seriously tripping...:chuckle:
it would be funny to watch a Yoshi go nuts...
and jump off the stage because it thinks it can fly...:p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
We had no way of knowing if CF would fight well, and he turned out fine. Toad is far too energetic and eccentric to be boring. Peach could easily use Toadsworth or Parry as her counter. Thanks.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
i was thinking if Kirby or Yuoshi try to swallow Toad or whatever...
they could start seriously tripping...:chuckle:
it would be funny to watch a Yoshi go nuts...
and jump off the stage because it thinks it can fly...:p
Bahaha that would be an awesome ability! Toad cannot be swallowed because he's a mushroom; therefore, Toad's power can never be mimicked, nor can he be encapsulated in an egg. I love it! :)

Gindor

Smash Ace
Bahaha that would be an awesome ability! Toad cannot be swallowed because he's a mushroom; therefore, Toad's power can never be mimicked, nor can he be encapsulated in an egg. I love it! :)
Maybe when kirby/yoshi swallows him, they get all drugged up like said, but if they touch someone else (not including toad), they get drugged too, just a thought.

Top Bottom