• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Not being snobbish, but what games have Toad had? Or are you making reference to Wario's Wood? I can't think right now. lol.

And Chrono Cross was great, but they had like 50 characters you could play as... and trust me... not a good idea.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Toad was playable in SMB2. Why do people always forget about that game?

He's one of the stock 4. That's enough for him to get in. Well, on second thought, that's the only reason for him to get in. He's not unique enough to be in, but he just might be important/popular enough to be in. We'll just have to see.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
And he was ALWAYS there to let us know that our princess is in a another castle.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Toad was playable in SMB2. Why do people always forget about that game?
I didn't.

What's not unique about Toad? He's a talking mushroom. Anyone can pick up a sword (I'm looking at you, Ike) but not many can claim to be part man, part fungus.
That and his possible fighting styles.

And he was ALWAYS there to let us know that our princess is in a another castle.
Who could replace him!

Toad FTW!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Toad is really the next preferred Mario character to get in for me. Bowser Jr. is OK, but I think he has to beat out a lot more people, I dunno. Anyway...I support him; I just don't know if the developers will feel the same way. Who knows?

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
He really is an interesting character, and I'm glad you see it that way as well. Toad is timid but simultaneously courageous. He's fun, eccentric and deeply devoted to his Princess and his Kingdom. He likes playing sports and games, and has proven himself an excellent racer. Gotta love 'im. =)
hence why he should....nay DESERVES to be a punching bag at princess toadstools disposal

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Toad man for brawl...

what we are talking about SM toad?... ooooooooooooooooo

Spring man for brawl

(Wouldn't toad be about the size of Pichu?)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He he exactly some people (With big characters) act like they cant change their size or anything.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Knuckel joe has just been added as an AT, I see it as good for toad, but that can be speculated...knuckle joe is less than important role wise, setting the level for ATs.
What about Samurai Goroh, though? Is he really that "unimportant" the F-Zero series?

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
would anyone even main with toad? i mean was this thread started as a joke? you know whatI hope hes in and he turns out to be some ridiculous uber character like he is on the maro Kart series, besides his scream on mario kart is priceless

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure what kind of moves Toad will have. He's not really much of a fighting character. Unless he's gonna pick up enemies and throw them like he did in SMB2.

(I mean as an AT)

skullkidd

Smash Ace
don't people understand?
just because two characters are assist trophies doesn't mean they are on the same popularity level.
samurai goroh was more important to f-zero than knuckle joe was to kirby, so the same will happen for other franchises
the point is that not only characters of a certain popularity will become assist trophies

as for toad, i think he stands a fair chance, but I can't picture him having a unique moveset.
again, he does have a very high chance, considering he is one of the main characters of the mario series, but personally, i would rather have less popular characters from other franchises be featured instead of toad.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
Theres no reason toad shouldn't be in ssbb, hes in every other big nintendo multi-character title. If they could make a move list for peach and turn her into a decent fighter they can do the same for toad.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
don't people understand?
just because two characters are assist trophies doesn't mean they are on the same popularity level.
samurai goroh was more important to f-zero than knuckle joe was to kirby, so the same will happen for other franchises
the point is that not only characters of a certain popularity will become assist trophies
Well, the same goes for the Pokemon, too. I think mosts Pokefans would agree that Deoxys is more important to the series than Chikorita.

But the thing with Goroh is that he wouldn't be an interesting character, as shown by his inclusion as an AT. Sakurai obviously decided he would just be another sword slasher; so he made him an AT. KJ is the coolest AT so far, IMO. But, he has the unfair advantage of being in one of Sakurai's favorite series: his own. ;)

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I think what people are trying to say about the ATs is that Toad is obviously more interesting than Samurai Goroh, Knuckle Joe, or Dr. Wright. And he's certainly more important to Nintendo.

So, if this is the type of character that is made into an assist trophy, Toad just wouldn't fit in. I think that, with the assist trophies, Sakurai is trying to do a little service to huge fans of certain series by putting some of the more obscure characters in (yes, I know that Samurai Goroh is Captain Falcon's main adversary, but how many average people know that? Then, compare that number with how many people know who Mario is). Toad, while not the most famous character, is far from obscure.

At least, that's what I think.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thank you thebasman but the princess is in another castle...

Anyways i didn't know he was in Kirby super start...

Gindor

Smash Ace
would anyone even main with toad? i mean was this thread started as a joke? you know whatI hope hes in and he turns out to be some ridiculous uber character like he is on the maro Kart series, besides his scream on mario kart is priceless
He would probably be one of my mains, but lol, your probably right about this thread being a joke at the start.

And to skullkid-I see toad in a very different way, he would have a unique moveset, due to his strength, speed, size, and personality. I would hate for him to come anywhaere near luigification. All of those factors don't add up to any SSB character before.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Toad is my favorite nintendo character and the same goes for all of my friends.
I made up all his info:

Speed-*****
Weight-**
Power-****
Jump-**

B-Skull bash
B>-Spin kick
B^-Backflip kick (sends enemy high into the air)
BV-Skull squash

A-Punch
AA-Double punch
AAA-Double punch+karate kick
A>-Slide kick
A^-Grabs enemy
AV-Spins on his head kicking anyone close enough
Smash A>-Throws a poison mushroom that explodes when it hits something
Smash A^-Throws a mini mushroom. Whoever gets hit by it becomes tini for some time.
Smash AV-Uses a Mega mushroom to become giant, hits the floor causing a brief earthquake, and turns normal again.

Crawl-Toad rolls on the floor.
Taunt-Spins on his head and says "Alright!"
Entrance-Jumps out of a "?" box and says "Let's do this!"
Super smash-Toad points at the sky and a big Mushroom comet shoots at the stage causing big damage to everyone except him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Dude. Theres already enough Mario characters!
Plus, Toad defenetly doesnt seem like the fighting type. He seems more like the helper type.
(Mario Party series)

What moveset is he supposed to have?
Thank you for not taking the time to search the thread for a Toad moveset. Considering that there are almost 60 pages, wouldn't you think that at least one moveset would pop up throughout the thread's history? And you don't need to add more Mario characters to fit him in: just swap out Dr. Mario in favor of Toad. Easy as that.

hence why he should....nay DESERVES to be a punching bag at princess toadstools disposal
Mario is deeply devoted to the Princess as well. Does he likewise deserve to serve as Peach's rag doll? Don't think so. Toadsworth is the better choice for her punching bag, seeing as he is her personal retainer.

O_O ... You come into a Toad thread and imagine that no one here would actually main with Toad? Of course we would! I know I would. I hope he's in, too, but because I actually like him.

I was thinking, what if Toad could walk up walls like in Wario Woods?
Interesting idea! It could be useful in a stage like Fourside.

Fawriel

Smash Master
If Toad was the new Peach, masses of people would suddenly discover a certain hidden fondness of the little mushroom guy.

Gindor

Smash Ace
If Toad was the new Peach, masses of people would suddenly discover a certain hidden fondness of the little mushroom guy.
No character can replace another character, I see him being in the same strategy area of peach, but yeah, I agree. People only know how good someone is until they see them in action, otherwise most of the time they are biased.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That's not exactly what I meant... Peach is exactly like Toad in that nobody would have expected her to be any good in a battle. I would have been hard-pressed to come up with a decent moveset for her... And I bet most people wouldn't have liked the idea of playing as "the princess".
Then she turned out to be high-tier and a few thousand people mained her.
Pff.

Gindor

Smash Ace
That's not exactly what I meant... Peach is exactly like Toad in that nobody would have expected her to be any good in a battle. I would have been hard-pressed to come up with a decent moveset for her... And I bet most people wouldn't have liked the idea of playing as "the princess".
Then she turned out to be high-tier and a few thousand people mained her.
Pff.
Oh sorry...

Top Bottom