• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

NH Cody

Smash Champion

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Oh I thought you had wifi =/

ah well. I could comment on your videos once you post them. But ongoing communication while playing (online at least) is the best for learning stuff and then applying it. Especially when learning a new character.

IMO.

Just beware, my video critiquing is sometimes abstract. It usually boils down to that I end up telling people that when they play differently than me, and it gets them hit, they should play like me. lol

As far as picking him up goes, I suggest you start by watching videos yourself. Watch some of the good TL players and see what they do. Maybe they'll come up with a mixup that you haven't thought of. After that, then start practicing ATs, camping methods, etc. He's different than other characters because you have to resist the urge to approach..a LOT. Among a few other things.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oh I thought you had wifi =/

ah well. I could comment on your videos once you post them. But ongoing communication while playing (online at least) is the best for learning stuff and then applying it. Especially when learning a new character.

IMO.

Just beware, my video critiquing is sometimes abstract. It usually boils down to that I end up telling people that when they play differently than me, and it gets them hit, they should play like me. lol

As far as picking him up goes, I suggest you start by watching videos yourself. Watch some of the good TL players and see what they do. Maybe they'll come up with a mixup that you haven't thought of. After that, then start practicing ATs, camping methods, etc. He's different than other characters because you have to resist the urge to approach..a LOT. Among a few other things.
Nope no wifi. We have internet but we need a bridge to get the connection to the wii. Plus, I'm stuck playing on an HD. Sooooooooooooooooooo...I'm getting ***** by missed inputs and all that mess.

You will learn "most" MUs faster through wifi. Nothing else can really be gained from it (from my experience).

There is a lot that goes into using tl. Go to SiiS6!

@quest: that was pj

Well I play with Rip since I live with him. I just get bodied really hard...alot. It's hard maining a character like TL. He's like the polar opposite of Sonic.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
@quest: that was pj
Yeah hence the crossed out "suspicious" lol

I'm stuck playing on an HD. Sooooooooooooooooooo...I'm getting ***** by missed inputs and all that mess.
My TV at home is HD, it's where I practice spacing, ATs, etc. I do alright in tourney...so it can't be that much of a difference. People are really dramatic when they're like "OMG IT'S 1/1000000000TH OF A SECOND OF DELAY GAH THAT'S JUST UNPLAYABLE"

...what...

all TVs have delay lol...it doesn't travel instantaneously from the button to the screen, there is a wire and a system that it has to travel through. We're just exaggerating the effect, significantly, of what microscopic delay there might be here. Literally.

It's hard maining a character like TL. He's like the polar opposite of Sonic.
In some ways.

It's handy to use them both though since Sonic is better against the bigger characters (at least for me). TL vs DK is just bleh. And Bowser? See King Kong vs KT lol. Bowser is really easy for Sonic, like KID says.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
So I guess CTX was right in predicting the rise and...RISE of Toon Hitler?

:urg:

Yeah.

Shoulda listened to him before we allowed this monstrosity to be created.

kidding, congrats Twink

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Sorry Ripple, it clearly states in the TL Handbook (page 326, paragraph 4, subsection 2) that one cannot play both Donkey Kong and Toon Link. Everybody here abides by these guidelines.

An approved list of co-mains can be found on page 248: Sonic (look for examples in me, suarez, excel, links), metaknight (MJG, izumi, kazekun, kaffei), Kirby (Twinkie, KT) etc. You can see for yourself.

=/

Speaking of kaffei where has he been??!?!?!?

KAFFEI NAMESEARCH COME BACK TO TL BOARDS
sup .

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
And Bowser? See King Kong vs KT lol. Bowser is really easy for Sonic, like KID says.
*****. i lost because i didnt kno u could DI the side b.

even the King doesnt kno everything about this game. actually i dont kno ish about it. jus wat moves work wen. i dont kno anything about frame data

MJG

Smash Hero
*****. i lost because i didnt kno u could DI the side b.

even the King doesnt kno everything about this game. actually i dont kno ish about it. jus wat moves work wen. i dont kno anything about frame data
Lmao. Come to SiiS and team with me hoe.

Hey MJG, are you seriously gonna come to my tournament this weekend?
Thats the plan. Need to buy my bus ticket soon.

archer.

Smash Lord
Interesting. When I get some free time there this weekend, you think we could get some friendlies in?

archer.

Smash Lord
You know the address of the place you're busing to? I know Seagull mentioned that the station was near his GF's apartment but I'm 99% sure he's referring to the Greyhound station, so IDK if Megabus actually drops you off near there or not. Depending on when you bus in I can probably pick you up myself.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You know the address of the place you're busing to? I know Seagull mentioned that the station was near his GF's apartment but I'm 99% sure he's referring to the Greyhound station, so IDK if Megabus actually drops you off near there or not. Depending on when you bus in I can probably pick you up myself.
No. It drops him off like 2-3 miles from Jwu.

Jwu is around west trade street. The drop off for megabus is South Brevard Street.

And no offense to MJG, but I doubt you will go to this O_O. Kansas to Nc is at least 4-5 megabus bus intervals. I'd love it if you came cause I wanna play you though...But it's a 16 hour drive lol...
:018:

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
wats good toon links.

i think there is a way to control tinks dair. ive been playing sometimes and there are times where i would dair after a hit and move downwards while still moving sideways at a very fast pace.

Top Bottom