• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Q ft

also what happened to near? Is he still out there?

Near come out from the shadows wherever you are and show us recent vids of your TL :p

Flow tink combo vid with special guest: the best tink alive. droppin in 10 days

you guys will see who im talkn about

I actually had a tourney today, dropped both sets I feel like could've won by making small errors when it really counted. oh wel. RRR is too good tho

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Needs moar timing out in Castle Siege.
Actually, I almost timed him out first game. There was about 8 seconds left on the clock, I had a 100% percent lead or so, I was really scared to be around him, so I went to get on the ledge.

I figured he would chase me offstage, going for a bair stage spike or something, so i'd Just immediatly get back on stage and run away. I somehow ended up just running off the stage, got spiked, and died with 2 seconds left.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
...I don't get that lol :(

okay so in other news.

I say we use an xat (we most likely have at least one already developed) to talk about SPECIFIC details regarding matchups. I feel that our current discussions/summaries help a little bit, but sometimes I face characters that are just ALL OVER me and I can't escape getting massacred (such as falco) against whom I believe an intensive matchup discussion would greatly help. also I think to develop the metagame we should talk mixup ideas/straying from the path of what people expect to see when they play against a toon link. Topics I have in mind about character matchups are things like how to edgeguard the character, how to not GET edgeguarded, where in the stage you should be (up high in the air, at short hop height, above platforms, below platforms, etc), what to look out for in the air (example marth has fair and it'll come out before we can throw a boomerang or do other moves), frame data (which move comes out faster between the two characters in a particular situation, this kind of ties in with the last topic) and other specific ideas like these. And we could hold this chat maybe once or twice a week at a time when many of us could come.

or we could use a thread, but IMO a chat is more convenient for being able to communicate quickly and have concise discussions, plus other character players wouldn't be able to see what we talk about if we go to a chat xD. As funny as that sounds I think this idea would make a lot of TLs think more about their playstyles/how to deal with other characters/what strategies to use in certain situations, etc.

so what do you guys think? This could be a supplement to the thread matchup discussions if you guys would prefer that over having a TOTAL new matchup discussion system like this.

Chsal

Smash Journeyman
For people who don't quite get the comic, basically its:

Toon link gets a boat, hat, and some crappy dude, while Normal Link gets Midna and fairies. Hence his face in panel 4.

Edit : Gonna add in the comic in this post, just in case people still can't find it lol.

Top Bottom