• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyy-KBFvKPg

Well that just looks silly, I don't think I can take this one even the least bit seriously. :laugh:

:toonlink:
The art was beautiful, but the way-too-generic-animeness and how horrible Wolverine looked (meaning, nothing like Wolverine) made it look terrible. Not to mention it said nothing about a plot, it was just Wolverine slicing some random things up, lol.

Toon Link has some of the best textures.

edit: and the Iron Man one didn't look too bad. Lol at the bad guy that looked like Near though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Brawl sucks.

I can't believe the developers were so stupid, seriously what the hell were they thinking with this piece of crap. Sure, it doesn't need to be perfect by any means nor do I want a Melee clone, but at this point a Melee clone would have been much more worthwhile. It's not like Melee was with out its own faults, but I would think they could do a better job than this. Such a disappointment, they went and messed up the most crucial part of the whole game.

Why doesn't this happen when Snake climbs a ladder!? :mad088:

How did such a screw up get by? :mad:

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

The Iron Man anime could work, because it can get away with over the top explosions...
Wolverine though?

Seems guaranteed to fail already. :urg:

Why is Wolverine always being shoved down our throats? In the comics he is not that interesting...AT ALL. The trilogy, the cartoon series, and that god-forsaken Origins movie all try and shove this uninteresting character down my throat. Why couldn't they try and make Cyclops the ****** he is in the comics, instead of this ******-fied mommas boy who is crying at every little thing. Seriously, Cyclops is a super-bamf in the comics. Or hell, why not explore Magneto more? Or the dynamic between Magneto and Xavier instead of just teasing it. I don't know why Marvel movies just can't except the fact that comics are actually good pieces of literature...or at least some of them are. DC films got this point and that how Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both came to be, especially the Dark Knight, which has sooo many plotlines ripped directly from the comics

I guess its just the fact that Marvel movies, in general, suck soo much monkey ballz

Outside of the first Spider-Man 1 & 2, and the Hulk movie with Ed Norton, they have all sucked/strayed WAAAAY too far away from the comics.

Don't even get me started on how much Iron Man disappointed me. Tony Stark should have such a deplorable attitude and not this Disney-fied version of a jerk.

Brawl sucks.

I can't believe the developers were so stupid, seriously what the hell were they thinking with this piece of crap. Sure, it doesn't need to be perfect by any means nor do I want a Melee clone, but at this point a Melee clone would have been much more worthwhile. It's not like Melee was with out its own faults, but I would think they could do a better job than this. Such a disappointment, they went and messed up the most crucial part of the whole game.

Why doesn't this happen when Snake climbs a ladder!? :mad088:

How did such a screw up get by? :mad:

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That looks like an elevator shaft, but without the elevator. Who built this, Mr. Krabs?

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Better yet, why is this chick hiding out in that shaft singing this song? She must get lonely

Hyro

Smash Lord
Why is Wolverine always being shoved down our throats? In the comics he is not that interesting...AT ALL. The trilogy, the cartoon series, and that god-forsaken Origins movie all try and shove this uninteresting character down my throat. Why couldn't they try and make Cyclops the ****** he is in the comics, instead of this ******-fied mommas boy who is crying at every little thing. Seriously, Cyclops is a super-bamf in the comics. Or hell, why not explore Magneto more? Or the dynamic between Magneto and Xavier instead of just teasing it. I don't know why Marvel movies just can't except the fact that comics are actually good pieces of literature...or at least some of them are. DC films got this point and that how Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both came to be, especially the Dark Knight, which has sooo many plotlines ripped directly from the comics

I guess its just the fact that Marvel movies, in general, suck soo much monkey ballz

Outside of the first Spider-Man 1 & 2, and the Hulk movie with Ed Norton, they have all sucked/strayed WAAAAY too far away from the comics.

Don't even get me started on how much Iron Man disappointed me. Tony Stark should have such a deplorable attitude and not this Disney-fied version of a jerk.
Dude I agree, Wolverine is such a boring character...why do we have to keep exploring him?

But Ironman was the ****. IMO, Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role and that's still one of my favorite Marvel movies. It's too funny.

But yeah, I'm with you on Spiderman 1 & 2. Not sure which Hulk movie was with Ed Norton, but I fell asleep during the first hulk movie it was that bad. The remake was amazing though.

MJG

Smash Hero
Do I have spiderman fans (like myself) in here? :D

Spiderman 3 was kind of disappointing but Im still a true supporter. Spiderman 4 in May of 2011 is gonna be THE ****.

Ironman 2 is coming out in the summer of this year? Im not sure

@ the video of snake climbing the ladder: ...I was expecting snake to fall

@CTX: I might finally get on wifi to have you show me what you discovered (even though, im kind of sick of it)

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have been pretty MIA about brawl in general. Yesterday was the first time I played in about two weeks...and I played soo baller. Im starting to get iZACing and invis-bombing down to a routine, as well as momentum shifting...have yet to pull of "the jerk" consistently though.

Also, Iron man shouldn't be funny, he should be anti-hero bordering on being evil

He once tried to kidnap, hold hostage, and then kill spider-man AND peter parker's family...because Spidey wouldn't reveal his identity.

This is the same Ironman who considers great people such as Baron Zemo to be friends...ya know the same Baron Zemo thats a Nazi, villain to Captain America and tried to infiltrate the U.S. government in attempt to dismember the Avengers and kill them one by one.

Yeah, Ironman is pretty much a borderline villain

EDIT: Edward Norton was in the second one (Norton is the guy from Fight Club)

And I am free right now mjg, how about yous?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
CTX, I'm all for staying close to source material...
But that portrayal or Tony Stark you mentioned, isn't it from one part of 40+ years a character.

With the way you show Tony Stark, I think I'm glad they did not go with complete ******* Tony for the movie. This isn't the 90's anymore, the hero's should be likeable. >_>

But hey, I don't follow comics and liked the Iron Man movie, you probably don't want to hear this from me.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PtkKJHa_0-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PtkKJHa_0-k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I've watched this 5 times today.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
CTX, I'm all for staying close to source material...
But that portrayal or Tony Stark you mentioned, isn't it from one part of 40+ years a character.

With the way you show Tony Stark, I think I'm glad they did not go with complete ******* Tony for the movie. This isn't the 90's anymore, the hero's should be likeable. >_>

But hey, I don't follow comics and liked the Iron Man movie, you probably don't want to hear this from me.
It wass one part, but it was a huge plotline. In fact it was the most recent one, one that was ongoing before and after the movie came out, so it is going to be the one that is freshest in my memory. Its just that this Ironman seems too much like a cocky playboy and not enough like an out and out ***hole. And that is something he was before Civil War (the plotline I am referring to)

I guess a counterpoint to this argument would be that if a movie wants to be up-to-date, then

SPOILER...

....Bruce Wayne needs to be dead

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Had to quote to show off my matching avatar/signature. Timotee is my hero.

Also, sup Tinks/not Tinks/ FanFan?
BTW who's FanFan?
girl smasher

Dude I agree, Wolverine is such a boring character...why do we have to keep exploring him?

But Ironman was the ****. IMO, Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role and that's still one of my favorite Marvel movies. It's too funny.

But yeah, I'm with you on Spiderman 1 & 2. Not sure which Hulk movie was with Ed Norton, but I fell asleep during the first hulk movie it was that bad. The remake was amazing though.
i used to like wolverine till he got **** ridden hard its all about spyke now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It wass one part, but it was a huge plotline. In fact it was the most recent one, one that was ongoing before and after the movie came out, so it is going to be the one that is freshest in my memory. Its just that this Ironman seems too much like a cocky playboy and not enough like an out and out ***hole. And that is something he was before Civil War (the plotline I am referring to)

I guess a counterpoint to this argument would be that if a movie wants to be up-to-date, then...
I'll just end it with one last thing to say.

Even if going with the current character would have been a good idea, I have to look at it from a perspective or it being a movie. What I mean is, a main character that is a complete ******* would not be a good idea for a super hero movie, people would be left with a bad taste if they had to root for a character they do not like in any way.

From the stand point of the directer, I think having the viewers(most of which do not read the comics, myself included) hate the protagonist would be a horrible idea. :/

Anyways, on a completely unrelated note, my arcade stick finally arrived!
It's nice. :D

CTX

Smash Journeyman
All I would say is that if you have to dramatically change a character to make him seem appealing, then maybe it isn't worth making a movie out of it. It would be like in Titanic if the director wanted to make it so that Jack and Rose stay together, the director decided that Titanic doesn't sink.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Ten bucks they make Kingpin the villain and try and pull a very similar plot to Batman Begins

Lobos

Smash Master
So jash and hyro made it on to that top 75 rank players list in the results forums.....not bad

Hyro -lol when you said my region was hard I laughed but then we somehow have like 12 players on that same list. :p

Hyro

Smash Lord
So jash and hyro made it on to that top 75 rank players list in the results forums.....not bad

Hyro -lol when you said my region was hard I laughed but then we somehow have like 12 players on that same list. :p
lmao, i only have 2 tournaments! LA doesn't post results right so we're kinda out of that...I need to go to Texas more apparently

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSKxTqDvsas&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wSKxTqDvsas&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Hype for HG/SS.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well considering it's a picture and a song.

It would be the song.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
In regards to that top 75...I know this isn't a bowser board, but props to Vex for a top 30 placing. I am impressed every time I watch him play (which is only on youtube)

Hyro

Smash Lord
In regards to that top 75...I know this isn't a bowser board, but props to Vex for a top 30 placing. I am impressed every time I watch him play (which is only on youtube)
LOL he didn't do that with bowser.

D3 son

Top Bottom