• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips on playing C.Falcon.

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Hello, im just looking for some tips on how to get past the Cap'n's Nair while on the edge. It seems to me that doc's stubby arms and legs aren't helping him here.

On a side note what do you doc mains think of the band Incubus?

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i´m not a fan or anything(i dont have any songs on the computer) but what i heard so far, i liked

you could try to use the invincibility frames and do a ledgehopped waveland to UpB cancel....
or... you could use a getup attack if you have under 100%
or try to get an Upair in after they land

btw... are you talking about a CF thats edgeguarding you by spamming shffld nairs, or reacting to your action my a nair xD

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hmm. I'm not sure about the band, can't put a song to their name, and I'm not sure what you mean with your Doc questions. I just uploaded a lot of me vs. Captain Falcon, so check that out.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I've heard of Incubus long time ago, couldnt put a song to them, hell dont even know what genre to put them in.

As for Doc vs Capfal.

Here's my advice.

Good, f*cking, luck.

I absolutely hate that matchup. I dont understand what the hell you do to a good captain falcon.

I'm to the point of polishing my falco for captain falcon (I mean, it's not like people dont do it for other characters)

But seriously, it's one of the dumbest matchups i've seen. >.>

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Alright, while im on the ledge, and i want to rise with a Nair, but no matter when i rise and do the Nair i always get hit by C.Falcon's Nair, and then i lose my jump. I have tried that ledge pill-jump-cancel-thing and Falcons Nair eats right throught it, and i have also tried waveland to grab, and that works every now and then. And to Dogysammich, my Falco is very well polished. Haha
And i clicked on the Kirby, nice vid Dogy.

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
uhhh i dunno if i should be givin advice but

u can waveland back on the edge then Utilt immediately after

or waveland back on the edge and wait for a grab or sexkick, up-b, or something

i dunno

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah. There is a lot of options. You have to relase if ledge dropping a Nair isn't working, you need to stop doing it or mix it up.

You could:
Dodgeroll
Ledge jump
Ledge waveland to uptilt
to ftilt
to dsmash
to jab
to grab
if your'e feeling very adventerous even up b cancel or fsmash

If he is just spamming Nairs, I would recommend a dodge roll, ledge drop fair, or waveland to uptilt.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Wow Drew, I didn't think that I gave you that much trouble once you are on the ledge lol. To clear things up , He gets on the ledge and I just DD to see what he does, then react to what he does by some well placed Shffled nairs. He has tried wavedodging (if that is even a term), waveland grab, waveland f smash, and just about everything else too. I guess docs stubby limbs are no match for falcon.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
No, but mindgames are. He just has to learn how to react and counter your reaction.

Thanks for clearing that up, though.

Absolutely agreed. I'd have to say all you can you really expect here are some good mindgames; but if you can actually be quick-witted about it there's no reason you shouldnt be able to get back on. All the usual rules of simple mindgaming should apply: broken timing, endless variety, subtle and unexpected alterations in technique, etc. Other than that, I can't think of a concrete way to get back on; Falcon is fast and physically outranges the doc. YOu're going to need to just fool him, from the looks of it.

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Mindgames is what i need, apparantly. But i do great on the stage, like ****-city status.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
^ I second this. Most of the time he **** me and if I get a good kill or start winning, he goes ape $**t on me and all of a sudden im down two stocks. XD

RobertSunx

Smash Rookie
Mindgames and youre Cape Game! (If you are that desperate).
Incubus is T3H PWN!!! -Drive, FTW

Baconater

Smash Cadet
It's all about the cape, the cape is by far the greatest mindgame of all time. I was playing a kid who had gotten 3rd in a regional tournament the day before. He played me as falco and as falcon. All 8 kills were capes. Dash grabs, shield grabs, cape the knee, backthrows off the level. Cape the recoveries. Falcon, falco, fox, and gannon are all really easy to cape recoveries if they don't do it PERFECTLY and even if they do it perfectly you can still cape them. I know I abuse the cape, but I seldom get punished for it (yes I'm playing good players). Even marth is easy to cape on his recovery. The only character that I really have trouble with is Sheik.

Sago

Smash Lord
incubus is good: ) i find marth hard to cape....and i usaly waveland into a sheid and wait for a chance to punish him...you have to play against falcon extremley defesivley in my opinion....i had to play tapion this weekend and i foud my self at a complete lose of what to do, i got like 3 stocked then 4 stocked :(

Rook

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, I know how to cape. Ill have to post a video to explain what is exactly going on.
@Sago- Where did you play Tapion at?

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Uhh drew that means we have to record again lol. We definitely need to hang sometime like maybe tomorrow night.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
XD

i think i've figured out some (more) about the Cap Fal matchup.

You really can do nothing but run away.

Run and b.air.

__

If you ever feel American, and want to actually approach Capfal; do NOT use n.air. Every move capfal should respond with will crush your nair.

And you can throw pills at him to slow him down; but you have to realize that if CapFal really wants to get through your pills; he'll get through your pills.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
XD

i think i've figured out some (more) about the Cap Fal matchup.

You really can do nothing but run away.

Run and b.air.

__

If you ever feel American, and want to actually approach Capfal; do NOT use n.air. Every move capfal should respond with will crush your nair.

And you can throw pills at him to slow him down; but you have to realize that if CapFal really wants to get through your pills; he'll get through your pills.

Do you really hate this match up that much Dogy? Everything you've said is true Dogy. Pills do nothing to falcon because his nair eats through them lol. Drew's response to falcon is Marth and Falco.

Sudai

Stuff here
CF is just a horrid matchup for Doc. I don't know any Doc players that like the match..lol. If I'm fighting a CF, I'm gonna switch to my half-***** fox over my doc. ><

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Do you really hate this match up that much Dogy? Everything you've said is true Dogy. Pills do nothing to falcon because his nair eats through them lol. Drew's response to falcon is Marth and Falco.

Yes, i do hate this match up. Nevermind that i literally hate every doc matchup.

I seriously hate this one with a passion.

Hit'n'run does work; but oh dear god is it risky.

It's probably not too hard for a CapFal to get around; seeing how you cant always win by playing defense.

___

oh dear god i start throwing things when i see that American ******* pop up ont he screen.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
watch smac vids he handles falcon well... thats if their are any floatin around... last month i played him in 2 sets one friendly and one tourney, well he won the set that counted lol. <3 smaymay.

btw i dont play doc anymore, i main falcon.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
shut up you lyin son of a *****

I SAW YOUR DOC SATURDAY! :p

if you dont play doc anymore; go get a new shirt. :)

But i will admit, capfal is more fun than Doc. I mean; Capfal is ****in American for Christ's sake.

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
Watch my vid here --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=SRZUISYvoeU The captain falcon player here is pretty good, its just that i didnt let him do anything cool cause i pretty much had the match on control the whole time :D And trust me, i' ve played better captain falcon players and i've still done pretty good and i win every time against them, i hope that after u see this match u get any idea :D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Watch my vid here --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=SRZUISYvoeU The captain falcon player here is pretty good,
I wont argue that he's not good, but i will argue all day he obviously doenst know how to fight doc.

'Cause n.air > pills. All day, every day.

That's the big problem with the matchup. Capfal n.airs through your pills; cutting your control, and controlling you with spacing.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, that CFal didn't make use of his speed or his aerials like he should have. HE definitely should have had control over that match if he had thought to NAir through pills.

LuigiMax

Smash Journeyman
U guys are right, but as I said, i posted it so u guys get the Idea on some ways to control a captain falcon... but above all.. u guys are right

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
as a falcon main...
i was disgusted by his performance, on falcon's home stage. :*(
I dont think i saw 1 nair.
ur shffl was spot on tho. gj.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Sudai said:
CF is just a horrid matchup for Doc. I don't know any Doc players that like the match..lol. If I'm fighting a CF, I'm gonna switch to my half-***** fox over my doc. ><
You're kidding right?

I actually enjoy a CF matchup, especially if you play a little bit campy, and let him come to you, and as long as you can usually predict when his knees will come (which should be every few seconds ;;;>.>), then you should be fine. Of course I'm a Link main who enjoys messing around with the doc, so I might not have as good a grip on the doc meta.

I also don't really pill spam to much as doc though. I seem to use them more like Falco's lasers, to kind of get combos started. If Falcon begins nairing, then it kind of serves the purpose if I can hit him through (or more likely) around his nair.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
You are kidding, right?

I enjoy the falcon matchup, but only because I enjoy the challenge (kinda like why I enjoy marth).

You are too slow to camp, and pills can't really stop him. Of course, because you are playing a human, you can get them to mess up (space wrong, attack at the wrong time, hit them with a pill),.

However, using pills to start combos is kinda risky, as you lag too much for any guaranteed combos, you can combo sometimes, but most likely you'll get punished. Also, while you have to let him come to you, you aren't at much of an advantage by making him do so.

Top Bottom