• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Huh? I'm confused. All I know is that Tingle's trophy appearing does NOT deconfirm him because they're all placed around randomly.

We're seeing bosses, ats and playable characters all here bunched together randomly. The trophies appearing means squat. As for Windwaker Tingle, I'm pretty sure that is cell-shaded Tingle in general and since characters are obviously going to be based on their last appearance, it's only obvious he'd appear in that form - which is in both his games and WW.
The trophies in the first picture aren't actually all that random. If you notice, every single one of them (with the single exception of the food trophy) has been the focus of an update on the site. All of the OTHER trophies have not. Not that this effects what you're trying to prove one way or another, but it seems that the one thing that screen shot does is show things that WILL be encountered while playing the game. Which we already know.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...I don't think this technically deconfrims him, what with how trophies have worked in the past. There was always a retro or more primitive trophy in Melee when you beat classic, as opposed to the real model when you beat Adventure. Still, it's probably a deconfirmation seeing as Sakurai wouldn't just show him like that if he was playable, and he'd probably have his MM trophy instead of the WW on. =/

Hong

The Strongest
Since it's so topsy-turvy with reasons supporting Tingle and reasons against Tingle, I think I'll leave this article as neutral. In time, and after some much needed sleep, I'll edit it in the first post to cover any arguments.

D

Deleted member

...I don't think this technically deconfrims him, what with how trophies have worked in the past. There was always a retro or more primitive trophy in Melee when you beat classic, as opposed to the real model when you beat Adventure. Still, it's probably a deconfirmation seeing as Sakurai wouldn't just show him like that if he was playable, and he'd probably have his MM trophy instead of the WW on. =/
Agreed; that was my first thought on seeing him. Sure, it might only be a normal trophy, but maybe its at least hinting at an AT?

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
uh... this does nothing to confirm or deconfirm him... if I HAD to choose a side, I guess I would have to say this more leads itself to a confirm than a deconfirm though. I don't get it, why are people freaking out?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
WW TINGLE!
WW LINK CONFIRMED!!!1111ONEONEONE

LOL. I had to say it, I was bursting at the seams here.....although I actually DO want WW Link.

Trophies disgust me, now more than ever because we have to collect them TWICE! First trophies, then the sticker versions of those trophies. I mean, couldn't Sakurai at least dedicate some images to stickers and others to trophies? I have to get the Ike trophy and the Ike sticker. Same goes for everything. I'm revolted.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
no... not really. I don't think he'll make it in as a character, but having a trophy at all is a possibility that he's playable.

unless you're looking at it from the thought that Sakurai wouldn't reveal anything tingle related if he was playable, until after a character update. That is a good point actually, but then again he IS the master of mind games... remember that time he kept all of us up until 4 in the morning waiting for some great update, then he gave us the name of some composers?:mad:

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
no... not really. I don't think he'll make it in as a character, but having a trophy at all is a possibility that he's playable.

unless you're looking at it from the thought that Sakurai wouldn't reveal anything tingle related if he was playable, until after a character update. That is a good point actually, but then again he IS the master of mind games... remember that time he kept all of us up until 4 in the morning waiting for some great update, then he gave us the name of some composers?:mad:
Shut up. The composers list was awesome.

I do think we might not see Tingle, because Sakurai has never let a newcomer slip.... only Peach and DK, who we all knew were coming back either way. I'm not holding out for Tingle, but we might see Wind Waker Link.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
For starters, if Tingle appears in the game, he may be cell-shaded, since those have been his more recent appearances. Two, there are probably two trophies in Melee, one that was reminscent of the last games, and one with the Brawl appearance. Second, this is in a way psychological because people are quick to associate things that they see together, and if anyone has taken a statistics course they should know it isn't good to jump to that. Thirdly, I don't see an ulterior motive behind it on Sakurai's part, but we all know his style and what happens to people that jump to assumptions *coughpokemontrainercough.*

Tingle appearing in this shot means squat, if anything it could mean that he may be confirmed soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For starters, if Tingle appears in the game, he may be cell-shaded, since those have been his more recent appearances. Two, there are probably two trophies in Melee, one that was reminscent of the last games, and one with the Brawl appearance. Second, this is in a way psychological because people are quick to associate things that they see together, and if anyone has taken a statistics course they should know it isn't good to jump to that. Thirdly, I don't see an ulterior motive behind it on Sakurai's part, but we all know his style and what happens to people that jump to assumptions *coughpokemontrainercough.*

Tingle appearing in this shot means squat, if anything it could mean that he may be confirmed soon.
Unless he is VERY soon, his chances are dropped dramatically. You, in the least, have to admit that.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Unless he is VERY soon, his chances are dropped dramatically. You, in the least, have to admit that.
No. The fact of the matter is that people are jumping way too fast to conclusions.
He's let characters slip before, and showing us as a trophy can mean anything. Sakurai isn't obligated to do anything aside from the obvious Nintendo lead stuff. He only showed Tingle's face and it can be interpreted any way, saying that she is obligated to confirm him or deconfirm him is like saying I drew a piece of artwork with a girl curiously looking over her shoulder and therefore I HAVE to draw a second part showing why. It's interpretive, and it can be taken any way.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what, then I still believe Tom Nook can be a character

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Yay Tingle!

I don't know what to say about the trophy, but it's nice to see Tingle alongside Pikmin, Nintendogs, and a critter made out of a banana peel and a yellow shyguy.

I can't say this confirms him as playable or not, even based on the quality of the statue, because I clearly recall both Fox and Falco having two polygon based trophies of themselves in Melee ;)

...And everyone goes EEK! at Tingle, but heck, give me Tingle any day over the freaking Oocca... I mean... what the hey? They thought Tingle was too creepy, then they give us the Oocca? I've had nightmares about those dang things.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Yay Tingle!

I don't know what to say about the trophy, but it's nice to see Tingle alongside Pikmin, Nintendogs, and a critter made out of a banana peel and a yellow shyguy.

I can't say this confirms him as playable or not, even based on the quality of the statue, because I clearly recall both Fox and Falco having two polygon based trophies of themselves in Melee ;)

...And everyone goes EEK! at Tingle, but heck, give me Tingle any day over the freaking Oocca... I mean... what the hey? They thought Tingle was too creepy, then they give us the Oocca? I've had nightmares about those dang things.
to be honest that wat i was thinking about the banana thing too XDD

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

**** it, I was sooo looking forward to playing Donkey Kong, Link, Samus and Ike, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

**** it, I was sooo looking forward to playing Donkey Kong, Link, Samus and Ike, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.
They were already confirmed...Sakurai doesn't show unconfirmed characters in a post like this. Only confirmed or not at all until they are confirmed. That's the point. This counter point of yours was completely useless

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They were already confirmed...Sakurai doesn't show unconfirmed characters in a post like this. Only confirmed or not at all until they are confirmed. That's the point. This counter point of yours was completely useless
Sarcasm. Learn it.

I stopped believing that Tingle would make it in when they announced AT's, personally.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I used to totally hate the idea of Tingle, but now I think I'd probably use him as the "piss people off to all hell" character, like using Game and Watch and spamming bacon all over the place.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*scratches his head*

This seems to have turned into the "let's be all cynical and defend a character just because everyone sucks!"-thread. =/

Sinn

Smash Lord
Which one? He's been pretty good at avoiding letting anything slip.:confused:
This might be a bad example, but it's the only one that comes to mind...Peach. Peach was shown in the Adventure mode update before she was confirmed as a returning character, but there wasn't really any argument over if she was coming back.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'd like to know about the slightest hints in the updates towards Ike, the Pokemon Trainer and Diddy Kong before they were confirmed in their own updates.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
What Brawl model? I don't see a Brawl model for Tingle, do you?
Exactly, hence why he won't be in Brawl as playable.
Look at Link and Zelda. Those are their Twilight Princess models. Melee had their Ocarina of Time models. A character doesn't need a new character model to be in Super Smash Bros.
Uh, no, I'm sorry, but the models in Melee did NOT come from Ocarina of Time. If they did, they would look like they were from the N64. The actual models were completely new in Melee. Same with Brawl, even though they're in TP style, they are different models if you look at them closely. The thing is, Tingle's model ISN'T different. Of course, most trophies WILL re-use models like they did in Melee. But not the actual characters.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord

Uh, no, I'm sorry, but the models in Melee did NOT come from Ocarina of Time. If they did, they would look like they were from the N64. The actual models were completely new in Melee. Same with Brawl, even though they're in TP style, they are different models if you look at them closely. The thing is, Tingle's model ISN'T different. Of course, most trophies WILL re-use models like they did in Melee. But not the actual characters.
uhmmm I really thiink u misunderstood what tha person said about their deisgin...He/she was talking about the Costume Designs...not graphic....therfore he/she is correct......un less of course he/she was in fact talking about the graphics.....XDDDD

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
uhmmm I really thiink u misunderstood what tha person said about their deisgin...He/she was talking about the Costume Designs...not graphic....therfore he/she is correct......un less of course he/she was in fact talking about the graphics.....XDDDD
It doesn't matter, I was talking about the actual graphics and model straight from the game. If he's going to reply, he should at least read my post where I obviously state that.

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie

*sigh* Yeah, I know they're not the ACTUAL models used in OoT, but they're in OoT style. Let's put it this way. That could be his Brawl model. They could easily use that model for him if he were a playable character. Sure, it looks very similar to the one in WW, but are you sure? Kirby looks just like he did in Melee. Why can't Tingle look just like he did in WW?

EDIT: Hmm... three replies in two minutes...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter, I was talking about the actual graphics and model straight from the game. If he's going to reply, he should at least read my post where I obviously state that.
ok srry XP but seriously though...we really cant just say he is or isnt going to be in Brawl as a PC or AT or not joining at all, we can either want him to join as a PC ( I just converted to wanting him to be playable now XDD) or we can hate him and not want him to be in here at all....but one thing will always be certain....we will never kno till Sakurai shows us.. (^^)v

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
*sigh* Yeah, I know they're not the ACTUAL models used in OoT, but they're in OoT style.
Naw, really? Thanks for not reading my posts correctly where I specifically am talking about the models straight from OoT.
Let's put it this way. That could be his Brawl model. They could easily use that model for him if he were a playable character. Sure, it looks very similar to the one in WW, but are you sure?
Yes, I'm very sure. Unless Brawl will be using cel-shaded graphics in the game, or uses models similar to the games on the Gamecube, then Tingle won't be playable. Anyone knows if they have ONE cel-shaded character in a game that isn't cel-shaded at all, it would look very choppy and ugly. Tingle is literally cel-shaded in that pic, which is alright since he's just a trophy and they'll most likely use old models for them anyway. Cartoony is one thing, anything cartoony could easily fit in Brawl, not cel-shaded.
Kirby looks just like he did in Melee.
No, not really.
Why can't Tingle look just like he did in WW?
If he was in, of course he could look like he did in WW. Just not cel-shaded.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
hmm...to be honest...Have we or have we not ever seen a Cel-shaded character in a non Cel shaded game....not trying to be mean I hear what yur saying ...but maybe Sakurai and Nintendo has that kind of Power to those graphics and actually make it look good...
If we have, it would look very ugly. Now if it was just a small amount of cel-shaded graphics in the background, that could work well if you did it right. But not just ONE cel-shaded character in a non cel-shaded game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really don't care about the cel-shaded in a non-game. I like mixing the art styles...It turns out fun. However, I don't like Tingle

SiD

Smash Master
Uh, Luke? In Twilight Princess, they had some cel shaded effects, and it didn't look bad at all. You're wrong, hew could very well be Cel shaded.

But, he's not gonna be in anyway. Sakurai has never confirmed a new character in such a stupid way, he's postitioned with other trophies that we haven't see before and we know aren't playable, this does lower his chances to almost 0. Deal with it.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Uh, Luke? In Twilight Princess, they had some cel shaded effects, and it didn't look bad at all. You're wrong, hew could very well be Cel shaded.
I know, but that was just a little bit of it that end up blending well due to the actual graphics that was used. Cel-shaded characters in a completely non cel-shaded game NEVER work, period.

SiD

Smash Master
Have you actually seen it be done before Luke? Cause I think you're just being stubborn because you don't like Cel shading or something.

Top Bottom