• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*Waits to see people argue whether or not he's really deconfirmed.*

I suppose this raises Midna's chances? :) Potentially, it may also mean we're going to get some sort of Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, etc. representation.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
all playable characters have trophies.
his chances seem low, but he isnt deconfirmed.
The things is, look at the actual playable character trophies. They're basically their new Brawl models, which is used as their default image for most of the game as we've seen so far. Tingle's model is straight from Wind Waker, not Brawl. If he were to have a trophy, it would be his Brawl model if anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Plus they wouldn't reveil him like this before he was confirmed

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I doubt Sakurai would show us trophies of playable characters that he hasn't even shown us yet. So Tingle is pretty much out, but I think most of us already knew that anyway.

I wish that they would have added Tingle as the thing you beat on while waiting for online opponents, instead of Sandbag, though.

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie
The things is, look at the actual playable character trophies. They're basically their new Brawl models, which is used as their default image for most of the game as we've seen so far. Tingle's model is straight from Wind Waker, not Brawl. If he were to have a trophy, it would be his Brawl model if anything.
What Brawl model? I don't see a Brawl model for Tingle, do you?

Look at Link and Zelda. Those are their Twilight Princess models. Melee had their Ocarina of Time models. A character doesn't need a new character model to be in Super Smash Bros.

I'm not saying that he will be in, but it's not completely deconfirmed.

(And yeah, the update would up the chances of WW Link. It'll be interesting to see whether that happens or not.)

Hong

The Strongest
It's not like anyone is going to be heartbroken if he isn't in, axemangx. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is an amazing game based on what we've seen on the DOJO!!. Adding any more characters will only make it better. If he's an Assist Trophy, I still consider this thread a sucess. This thread is supporting Tingle as a playable character in Brawl. Yet if he's an Assist Trophy at least we got something for the character this format is dedicated to, thus there is nothing to fret about. We're not a bunch of emos like a few of the folks in the Deoxys or Lyndis thread.
I stand by what I said earlier. Typing that moveset was fun and got a lot of recognition and made people happy. We also got many debaters (albeit horrible debaters) and had some pitifully fun arguments. This thread also attracted Reyaira, which is good since intelligent posters is a rarity on the Brawl boards. I consider no part of this thread to be a failure what-so-ever. I'm really glad to see Tingle in my favourite form will be a trophy. I hope he's also an Assist Trophy or perhaps a stage elements as per melee. Good stuff.

I would like to thank everyone who has participated in this topic.
Keep up the good work, kids. ^.^

P.S. - Wind Waker Link is in my opinion the next best thing. A lot better than Midna or Skull Kid. :/ Give him an original moveset, maintain his lovely expressions and then you've got yourself a character who will be just as good if not better than Tingle or many of the other suggestions.

Fawriel

Smash Master
P.S. - Wind Waker Link is in my opinion the next best thing. A lot better than Midna or Skull Kid. :/ Give him an original moveset, maintain his lovely expressions and then you've got yourself a character who will be just as good if not better than Tingle or many of the other suggestions.
The WW Link fans welcome you with open arms. At least, I do.
We're not well known and our "official thread" is called "ww link's moves", I think, so we were thinking about getting that thread closed and starting a new one that actually sounds like a support thread and has a cool first post and stuff.

You would like him to have an original moveset, huh? I'd actually prefer for him to retain Young Link's b moves and instead to get new A attacks. But if you made a moveset for him, I bet I could end up accepting a radically different WW Link.

Too bad Reyairia doesn't support him, he's another likely addition with a lot of haters. We could use a bouncer. :p

Hong

The Strongest
The WW Link fans welcome you with open arms. At least, I do.
We're not well known and our "official thread" is called "ww link's moves", I think, so we were thinking about getting that thread closed and starting a new one that actually sounds like a support thread and has a cool first post and stuff.

You would like him to have an original moveset, huh? I'd actually prefer for him to retain Young Link's b moves and instead to get new A attacks. But if you made a moveset for him, I bet I could end up accepting a radically different WW Link.

Too bad Reyairia doesn't support him, he's another likely addition with a lot of haters. We could use a bouncer. :p
Reyaira is a she if I'm not mistaken. :p

I'd like to but it's just no fun when there's no disbelief the characer can have an original moveset. When/if the thread is remade, I'll see if one is needed.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I dont know if this helps but I support WW Link...(with the name of Youn Link....cuz y'know....THIS GAMES WINNER IS....WIND WAKER LINK!!(Zelda victory theme) does fit...) and I think he should have a Luigified moveset for his B moves and different A moves....maybe they should have his Jump Attack for his FSmash and a short short version of a spin attack as a DSmash...I dunno...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Reyaira is a she if I'm not mistaken. :p

I'd like to but it's just no fun when there's no disbelief the characer can have an original moveset. When/if the thread is remade, I'll see if one is needed.
I know!
Equal rights, baby!

*ahem*

Actually, many people do doubt that WW Link can have an original moveset.
Then, there's those who have posted movesets with completely new moves...
But I have yet to see one that doesn't, in my humble opinion, suck in some way. A WW Link moveset with Iron Boots and Skull Hammer is just a conceptual catastrophe. And so is using random objects for all sorts of A moves just for the sake of variety...
Ah well, I won't force you to do anything.
If you decide to make a moveset or just post support or anything, feel free to come here.

I guess today's as good a day as any to get started on that new thread. *cracks knuckles*

Blackadder

Smash Master
Crikey! I've come deep into the heart of the SWF Fanboi and (Apparently) fangurl territory, and I've run into some bloody stroppy snappers Terry!

I'll have to wrestle these buggers to the ground, certainly facing death!

Oh, and me Tingle De-confirmed. But..ya'll wont take that as truth will you? XD

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I still want to see the quote where Sakurai said clones weren't returning. Why does a character have to have an "original moveset" to be in the game? And for that matter, define "original moveset".

Blackadder
Crikey! I've come deep into the heart of the SWF Fanboi and (Apparently) fangurl territory, and I've run into some bloody stroppy snappers Terry!

I'll have to wrestle these buggers to the ground, certainly facing death!

Oh, and me Tingle De-confirmed. But..ya'll wont take that as truth will you? XD
Steve Irwin maybe dead, but his spirit lives on through people doing bad impressions of him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I still want to see the quote where Sakurai said clones weren't returning. Why does a character have to have an "original moveset" to be in the game? And for that matter, define "original moveset".
Who was that directed at?

And, for the record, I agree.

SiD

Smash Master
Clones are stupid though, why would you want two characters witht he same moveset? That's time better sent making a new character/moveset.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Steve Irwin maybe dead, but his spirit lives on though people doing bad impressions of him.
Indeed it does.
I wanted to make it worse, and thought of adding in a sting-ray joke, but SOMEBODY *Winkwink Fawriel* voiced against it. Decided me.

I shall now leave this place with one last saying:
Tingle De-confimred!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Tingle, a Bulborb, a Nintendog, and a weird Banana thing in the same picture...pretty sure we ain't seeing Tingle as playable.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot of people in here are posting things trying to convince us Tingle isn't playable or "lol i bet ur crying ur eyez owt", but if they would read just a few post above they'd realize there is no one arguing that he still has a chance. Really, it's unecessary. I guess I'll edit he's been pretty much deconfirmed in the first post. :p

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I fail to see how Tingle's trophy appearing deconfirms him. I see the golden hammer near a Peach trophy, does that mean that the golden hammer is playable? No.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I fail to see how Tingle's trophy appearing deconfirms him. I see the golden hammer near a Peach trophy, does that mean that the golden hammer is playable? No.
good point...I mean for all we kno we see a Slippy trophy and HE can be a possible chaacters....(I dont want him to for he needs to die) >=D

Reyairia

Smash Champion
good point...I mean for all we kno we see a Slippy trophy and HE can be a possible chaacters....(I dont want him to for he needs to die) >=D
This would only make victory sweeter if/when he is confirmed. People are silly and too quick to jump head first into a shark tank. >:p

Lunadis, please change the title, Tingle has not been deconfirmed. When the roster comes out or he appears in a background, then we'll start talking.

Hong

The Strongest
Just to be fair;

You know what I mean. A single sparse exception, but worth mentioning. Characters almost always appear in their character form as a trophy. Though there isn't much you can say about the Wind Waker Tingle that you couldn't say about the Mingle Tingle.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
This would only make victory sweeter if/when he is confirmed. People are silly and too quick to jump head first into a shark tank. >:p
Ahh u kno what? yu right! I now Suuport 100% that Tingle should be playable in Brawl!!! We need more crazy ppl in the game...take a look at Mr. Game & Watch...the guy was the most unusual character to play as yet i had a blast playing as him...(sides he got the coolest Voice set :BEEP-BEEP-BEEP! XD) so my point is that if Sakurai put in Mr. G & W in melee, then ingle has a good chance as any one (^^)v

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Just to be fair;

You know what I mean. A single sparse exception, but worth mentioning. Characters almost always appear in their character form as a trophy. Though there isn't much you can say about the Wind Waker Tingle that you couldn't say about the Mingle Tingle.
Huh? I'm confused. All I know is that Tingle's trophy appearing does NOT deconfirm him because they're all placed around randomly.

We're seeing bosses, ats and playable characters all here bunched together randomly. The trophies appearing means squat. As for Windwaker Tingle, I'm pretty sure that is cell-shaded Tingle in general and since characters are obviously going to be based on their last appearance, it's only obvious he'd appear in that form - which is in both his games and WW.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Huh? I'm confused. All I know is that Tingle's trophy appearing does NOT deconfirm him because they're all placed around randomly.

We're seeing bosses, ats and playable characters all here bunched together randomly. The trophies appearing means squat. As for Windwaker Tingle, I'm pretty sure that is cell-shaded Tingle in general and since characters are obviously going to be based on their last appearance, it's only obvious he'd appear in that form - which is in both his games and WW.
tru...but I kind of Disaggre with one thing....about the ppl having there last looks in their games...Peach always has her Dress Modified in SSB and Pit was given a Shounen-ai Make over for Brawl...though he really does look good this Way XDDD

Reyairia

Smash Champion
tru...but I kind of Disaggre with one thing....about the ppl having there last looks in their games...Peach always has her Dress Modified in SSB and Pit was given a Shounen-ai Make over for Brawl...though he really does look good this Way XDDD
Eh, you're right, but they're still based on them. Peach is still wearing a pink dress and a small crown and Pit still has wings and stuff.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, and regardless the celshaded appearance is probably the favourite amongst fans and best captures his mischievous character. I bet if this thread had a lot of blind supporters like Black Knight and Ridley (by that I mean, people who have no idea about the character making the bulk of their support), people would instead go "OMG TINGLE TROPHY TINGLE CONFIRMED" since that's about as fair as saying he isn't confirmed. :p

Top Bottom