• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tingle for Brawl!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I will lmao when tingle is announced. I was actually liked his character in mm floating on a baloon, selling maps and such. He's... different and creepy and does a good job being that way. I approve :)
I'm glad you do, and I will as well. Want to stick around? :)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I doubt it, Oceania is almost always given the games last.
Alas, 'tis the life of an Aussie. We'll probably get Brawl a decade late when there's a new Nintendo system >_>

As for Tingle, I'm not really opposed to his addition. He'd make quite a fitting character just for his pure randomness and quirky character design. As much as I love Midna, I wouldn't be *entirely* upset if he made it in over her. As for Vaati.. I've never really "related" to him, so to speak. Never jumped out at me, but then again I know he has fans elsewhere.

All in all, I think Tingle could be a fine representative of the Legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask design (with the Twilight Princess revamp logically) would be fitting just for the fact that, with Links "new" moves and his revamp he represents Twilight Princess to a degree, as well as the entire franchise (if Midna doesn't make it, although I absolutely love her as previously mentioned). Sheik, if he/she/"it" returns, would in my eyes really represent Ocarina of Time, with WW Link (if he makes it, not that I care for him much but if others want him that's their opinion) could represent Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, and Vaati representing possibly the GBA releases such as Minnish Cap? (sorry not too familiar with those). Basically (after that lengthy and somewhat pointless clarification) I just say go for the Majora's Mask look of Tingle to show it some love, since we have fitting possible and probable representatives for the majority of the other Zelda titles.

EDIT: Entirely unrelated but post #100! Heh. *celebrations commence*

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Alas, 'tis the life of an Aussie. We'll probably get Brawl a decade late when there's a new Nintendo system >_>

As for Tingle, I'm not really opposed to his addition. He'd make quite a fitting character just for his pure randomness and quirky character design. As much as I love Midna, I wouldn't be *entirely* upset if he made it in over her. As for Vaati.. I've never really "related" to him, so to speak. Never jumped out at me, but then again I know he has fans elsewhere.

All in all, I think Tingle could be a fine representative of the Legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask design (with the Twilight Princess revamp logically) would be fitting just for the fact that, with Links "new" moves and his revamp he represents Twilight Princess to a degree, as well as the entire franchise (if Midna doesn't make it, although I absolutely love her as previously mentioned). Sheik, if he/she/"it" returns, would in my eyes really represent Ocarina of Time, with WW Link (if he makes it, not that I care for him much but if others want him that's their opinion) could represent Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass, and Vaati representing possibly the GBA releases such as Minnish Cap? (sorry not too familiar with those). Basically (after that lengthy and somewhat pointless clarification) I just say go for the Majora's Mask look of Tingle to show it some love, since we have fitting possible and probable representatives for the majority of the other Zelda titles.

EDIT: Entirely unrelated but post #100! Heh. *celebrations commence*
Well that's a pretty nice idea, but I think it'd be way overdoing it with the Zelda representatives. Heck, I think that the only reason Tingle may not make it is because 4 representatives is pretty much good enough in Brawl, but he may easily get over that as representative of his own games.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i had some time during finals (not really, i just didn't feel like working... and procrastinating) so i did this. i took pictures of the process if ya'll are interested.

i rarely do fanart. this was fun.

Hong

The Strongest
Sorry. I was gone for a few days again. Glad to see this thread is doing well.

paralasalud, that is a wonderful work of art. =)
With your permission, may I include it in the first post?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Well that's a pretty nice idea, but I think it'd be way overdoing it with the Zelda representatives. Heck, I think that the only reason Tingle may not make it is because 4 representatives is pretty much good enough in Brawl, but he may easily get over that as representative of his own games.
Oh, no I didn't mean all of those should be in Brawl, it was just that I saw all of those characters as each having the potential to represent a certain element of the franchise. Honestly I'd only want up to around 4-5 Zelda reps to allow for more space from different franchises. Just saying Majora's Mask look would be most fitting as there would be a "smaller amount of possible representatives" for that game in particular, unless of course Skull Kid makes it which I'm not entirely opposed to either.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
*cough*

With all do respect, I'm a sucker for obscure, bizarre Zelda characters. People in the real world think I'm the flipping Happy Mask Salesman for heaven's sake. But I would want the Mask Salesman, Sahasrala, Guru Guru (the windmill guy), or "I AM ERROR" in Brawl any more than I want Tingle in Brawl- it simply doesn't make sense.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
*cough*

With all do respect, I'm a sucker for obscure, bizarre Zelda characters. People in the real world think I'm the flipping Happy Mask Salesman for heaven's sake. But I would want the Mask Salesman, Sahasrala, Guru Guru (the windmill guy), or "I AM ERROR" in Brawl any more than I want Tingle in Brawl- it simply doesn't make sense.
Tingle is more reocurring and more recognizeable, making him a better representative. Plus Nintendo loves him enough to give him his own franchise and to work hard to improve his image instead of just scrapping him altogether.

I find it hard to believe that there are actually Tingle supporters. :(
Frankly, Tingle is an abomination.
Guys, if you don't have anything to contribute to the Tingle discussion other than "I think Tingle sucks, he shouldn't be a character," then don't post at all. I'm going to start handing out warnings for that kind of bashing much more liberally now, as will my colleagues. You've all been warned, chi.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Ugh, if you quote that again then I'm just going to blow. This thread literally asks for people's opinions on Tingle. That mod was blatantly wrong if he actually suggests that no one truthfully answers the question unless it's on a positive note. What do you expect? For everyone to kiss your a-s?

You're not intelligent for constantly quoting it. In a thread where people ask for their opinions on a character, that's what you're going to get, always. You can't expect everyone to have a positive opinion.

Hell, I'll even quote it from the first post:
So, what do you think?
How do you not expect to have negative opinions?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ugh, if you quote that again then I'm just going to blow. This thread literally asks for people's opinions on Tingle. That mod was blatantly wrong if he actually suggests that no one truthfully answers the question unless it's on a positive note. What do you expect? For everyone to kiss your a-s?
No, I expect people to obey the rules and not be rude or problematic. If people don't want Tingle, I don't care, but if they're going to be worth my time here they better come in with an arguement instead of holding their opinion on Tingle as if it were a god's word or Nintendo's or an arguement by itself. Let me remind you that this forum is titled Brawl Character DISCUSSION. I'm not a fan of Tingle, and I don't care if people insult him or not because I don't get offended.
If you can't follow the rules, I suggest you leave this forum.

I am not Lunadis, so I didn't write it. I am not responsible nor are the mods for that.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No, I expect people to obey the rules and not be rude or problematic.
There's no rudeness or problematic posts unless someone says, "Tingle is such a f-ggot, I don't want him in Brawl because he's so gay!" as their opinions would be a disgrace. But suggesting that no one is allowed to be completely blunt on their thoughts on Tingle is just ludicrous.
If people don't want Tingle, I don't care, but if they're going to be worth my time here they better come in with an arguement instead of holding their opinion on Tingle as if it were a god's word or Nintendo's or an arguement by itself.
Everyone HAS provided an actual argument. And even then, does it really matter? The point of this thread isn't to argue about Tingle's inclusion, it's to blatantly state your opinion on it. The thread didn't start with, "So, any arguments on why Tingle shouldn't be in Brawl?"
I'm not a fan of Tingle, and I don't care if people insult him or not because I don't get offended.
Then simply stop supporting the cause if you don't even care.
If you can't follow the rules, I suggest you leave this forum.
I do follow the rules, honestly. And I will NOT tolerate people who happen to think they're intelligent when they're completely hypocritical. I highly suggest you just stop posting unless you have something to contribute to the topic other than constantly quoting a post from a mod that was VERY wrong in the first place.
I am not Lunadis, so I didn't write it. I am not responsible nor are the mods for that.
Then what is your god d-mn point? You're f-cking "supporting" the thread by telling people not to post their opinions even though they're just as liable as your's when the thread literally asks for their opinions on the subject. That's not even supporting the thread as it ruins the whole point of it in the first place. If anything, I'd say I would be supporting this thread more than you could ever do by simply standing up for what this thread is about.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No, almost no one has.
I was simply putting it on par with pro-Tingle "arguments," which by definition isn't really an argument as all pro-Tingle posts are simply opinion just as much as anti-Tingle posts.
You, for one, didn't. You just repeatedly claimed he was a sh-tty character like it was the argument of the year.
Yet you claim he would be a good addition to Brawl, heyo!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Luke has a point - you need to stop telling people with differing opinions to stop posting here. This isn't a "Tingle Fan-club" thread. This is a "What do people think about Tingle for Brawl?" thread. You're going to get some people who vehemently disagree with you, and that's okay, as long as they do it in a way that isn't just "I hate Tingle, he's the worst idea for a character ever." (In the same way, you can't just say "I like Tingle, I think he's the best character ever). Both parties need to supply valid reasons to support their standpoint, or just remain quiet on the subject all together.

For example, look at this post:

I find it hard to believe that there are actually Tingle supporters. :(
Frankly, Tingle is an abomination.
You think that adds anything to the thread? That's a prime example of a flame / spam post, and it's already been warned. Stay away from posts like that and make valid points as to why Tingle will most likely be an AT (if in the game at all) and you're okay.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
There's no rudeness or problematic posts unless someone says, "Tingle is such a f-ggot, I don't want him in Brawl because he's so gay!" as their opinions would be a disgrace. But suggesting that no one is allowed to be completely blunt on their thoughts on Tingle is just ludicrous.
How is "Tingle is a ***got" much different from "Tingle is an abomination" or "Tingle sucks"? They're all insulting the character, to different degrees, but it is still mindless bashing.

Everyone HAS provided an actual argument. And even then, does it really matter? The point of this thread isn't to argue about Tingle's inclusion, it's to blatantly state your opinion on it. The thread didn't start with, "So, any arguments on why Tingle shouldn't be in Brawl?"
Again, I did not make this thread, and I am not liable to completely agree with everything that was typed there, and that includes just asking for opinions because that's just asking for trollers. I don't recall signing a contract that said "I must agree with everything in the first post to support this thread." That's like saying that a friend has to agree with everything I do before I even start to like him/her.

Then simply stop supporting the cause if you don't even care.
I do not support Tingle, but I do support the Tingle supporters and I am strongly against blind character hate. I think the Tingle supporters have a point, and I am here to support that. I will not stand for trolling.
Plus, I'm also pitching in for the lulz, which is good enough motivation for me. :)

I do follow the rules, honestly. And I will NOT tolerate people who happen to think they're intelligent when they're completely hypocritical. I highly suggest you just stop posting unless you have something to contribute to the topic other than constantly quoting a post from a mod that was VERY wrong in the first place.
Completely hypocritical? When have I gone to a thread where my only arguement was "___ is a terrible character"? Even when I argued against the Geno supporters I have NEVER said that or even implied it. As I said again, I did not make this thread, and if I was Lunadis I would edit that last part, but I am not so I can't and I have every right to report posts that I consider violating the rules. You cannot call me hypocritical and use something I didn't do in the first place to argue that.
Is Kokichi wrong for asking for an actual discussion and warning trolls and spammers? It sounds like he/she is only doing his/her job.

Then what is your god d-mn point? You're f-cking "supporting" the thread by telling people not to post their opinions even though they're just as liable as your's when the thread literally asks for their opinions on the subject. That's not even supporting the thread as it ruins the whole point of it in the first place. If anything, I'd say I would be supporting this thread more than you could ever do by simply standing up for what this thread is about.
Why must you resort to insults and curses? And why must you call me a hypocrite for what someone else said?
Again, I did not make this thread and I am not going to take any credit or blame for it because I am not Lunadis, and therefore I am going to have different opinions than she has and I think that saying "What do you think?" at the end of the first post was a bad move and if I could change it I would.
If I held opinions in high regard I wouldn't even be in this thread because I don't care if Tingle makes the cut or not. I care about what comes out of Nintendo's mouth, what happens in their games and they tell me that Tingle has a good chance of making it and that is what I am prepared to defend.

Luke has a point - you need to stop telling people with differing opinions to stop posting here. This isn't a "Tingle Fan-club" thread. This is a "What do people think about Tingle for Brawl?" thread. You're going to get some people who vehemently disagree with you, and that's okay, as long as they do it in a way that isn't just "I hate Tingle, he's the worst idea for a character ever." (In the same way, you can't just say "I like Tingle, I think he's the best character ever). Both parties need to supply valid reasons to support their standpoint, or just remain quiet on the subject all together.

For example, look at this post:

You think that adds anything to the thread? That's a prime example of a flame / spam post, and it's already been warned. Stay away from posts like that and make valid points as to why Tingle will most likely be an AT (if in the game at all) and you're okay.
I know he does, and I am not targetting people with differences as long as they point out a good reason why he wouldn't be in Brawl. Here's an example of how tingle may not make it:
- 4 representatives is enough for the Zelda series.
That's a good point, and it is not flaming either Tingle or the Tingle supporters. I encourage posts like these.

And those posts are the ones I am reporting, but I am also reporting posts that resort to insulting me and the fans which Luke Groundwalker does often. It may seem that I am going against every antipoint made, but that's only because every antipoint made is spam or borderline harassment!
It's funny, because it only proves how Tingle's chances are quite high.

I am not a Tingle fan, and I'm not saying "Tingle would make a great addition to Brawl!" I'm here to say "Tingle will probably be an addition to Brawl," and I'm here to argue that, not if people like him or not. Maybe you'll notice my lack of responses towards the "Tingle is awesome!" posts. None of my posts are like that, and when I argue for Tingle I say:
1) Tingle is reocurring.
2) Tingle is recognizeable.
3) Tingle is popular in Japan.
4) Nintendo loves him and is putting much work into improving his image.
5) If Tingle practically has his own franchise now, it's not unfathomable getting into Brawl.

Are any of those really praising Tingle?

Sinn

Smash Lord
I just wanna state a few things...

First of all, I despise Tingle in Majora's Mask. I mean...LOATHE. It's not that's he's odd or quirky. It's that he's a CREEPY OLD MAN who comes off as a pedophile.

That said...

I thought Tingle in Wind Waker was nowhere near as bad. And even though it looks........strange beyond belief, that Rupeeland game actually interests me for some reason (too bad I'm not in Europe). Anyway...if Tingle IS in the game (which from the IGN argument of giving him a modified version of the unused Balloon Fighter moveset from Melee made me think it's all the more likely), I will probably use him. Yes. Because I LOVE to annoy my opponents when I play against them. It's the reason I ever started using the Ice Climbers in the first place. And I can see NO character MORE annoying to play against and get your *** handed to you with than Tingle.

Tingle for Brawl.

EDIT: One thing though...why the MM look for Tingle? Every other Zelda character is expected to have a TP look, so I would imagine they would go more for the look from his most recent game...?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I just wanna state a few things...

First of all, I despise Tingle in Majora's Mask. I mean...LOATHE. It's not that's he's odd or quirky. It's that he's a CREEPY OLD MAN who comes off as a pedophile.

That said...

I thought Tingle in Wind Waker was nowhere near as bad. And even though it looks........strange beyond belief, that Rupeeland game actually interests me for some reason (too bad I'm not in Europe). Anyway...if Tingle IS in the game (which from the IGN argument of giving him a modified version of the unused Balloon Fighter moveset from Melee made me think it's all the more likely), I will probably use him. Yes. Because I LOVE to annoy my opponents when I play against them. It's the reason I ever started using the Ice Climbers in the first place. And I can see NO character MORE annoying to play against and get your *** handed to you with than Tingle.

Tingle for Brawl.
I seconfd that as well XD

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Wow. Tingle for Brawl..? That would be interesting. He has more of a chance than, say, Geno, because he has his own game.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Oh, wow... looking through this again I'm astonished by how venomously some of you are defending Tingle as though he's some shining symbol of the Nintendo empire. While he doesn't bother me significantly, let's use a little Boolean Logic.

Forty year old men who wear full-body tights and obsess over fairies are creepy.
Tingle is a forty year old man who wears full-body tights and obsesses over fairies.
Therefore, Tingle is creepy.

Unless you can HONESTLY tell me that a forty year old man who wears tights and obsesses over fairies would NOT strike you as creepy, why are you getting in a screaming match over Tingle's virtues? Because, forgive me, but there are fairly few virtues in the character that leap out at me. He's greedy, he enslaves random people to do his bidding in Windwaker (including family members), and if Majora's Mask is any indicator, the man is completely delusional. So again, why is this becoming such a heated debate? Please, enlighten me, because I simply do not see the appeal.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The thing is that Tingle's virtues were never really a deciding factor on if he'll be in the game or not. The more important points are A) popularity, and B) playable character potential. As I brought up in the last post, in one of IGN's specials, they made mention of how a demo version of Melee had an unused Balloon Fighter moveset that they wanted to include in the game but didn't due to time constraints. It also mentioned that one of the games that Tingle stars in is essentially a Balloon Fighter type of game. It's not too hard to imagine that they would take all of these factors and decide to put him in the game.

But for the record, I don't think he's ahead of Geno. Sakurai's poll didn't include him, and Geno got an *** ton of votes. I would put money on Geno over Tingle, but I see no reason why both won't be in the game.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Oh, wow... looking through this again I'm astonished by how venomously some of you are defending Tingle as though he's some shining symbol of the Nintendo empire. While he doesn't bother me significantly, let's use a little Boolean Logic.

Forty year old men who wear full-body tights and obsess over fairies are creepy.
Tingle is a forty year old man who wears full-body tights and obsesses over fairies.
Therefore, Tingle is creepy.

Unless you can HONESTLY tell me that a forty year old man who wears tights and obsesses over fairies would NOT strike you as creepy, why are you getting in a screaming match over Tingle's virtues? Because, forgive me, but there are fairly few virtues in the character that leap out at me. He's greedy, he enslaves random people to do his bidding in Windwaker (including family members), and if Majora's Mask is any indicator, the man is completely delusional. So again, why is this becoming such a heated debate? Please, enlighten me, because I simply do not see the appeal.
Eh, for starters, I follow Nintendo, and Nintendo adores the guy.
And yeah, I would find Tingle creepy... In real life, in a fictional game, especially in a cell-shaded one, he doesn't bother me as much.

... I don't remember anyone saying how Tingle was so virtuous, only that he was smart at most.

But for the record, I don't think he's ahead of Geno. Sakurai's poll didn't include him, and Geno got an *** ton of votes. I would put money on Geno over Tingle, but I see no reason why both won't be in the game.
It's possible that Tingle wasn't included in the poll because he's in either way. As for Geno, even if he was incredibly popular with the pollsters, I can't help but be a bit skeptic. Even after running into the Geno thread and asking why people were so sure of him getting into Brawl, I'm unconvinced he's more than likely in unless Sakurai includes him out of popularity alone, but that's another story. Not that I'm opposed to his inclusion either.

that Rupeeland game actually interests me for some reason (too bad I'm not in Europe). Anyway...if Tingle IS in the game (which from the IGN argument of giving him a modified version of the unused Balloon Fighter moveset from Melee made me think it's all the more likely), I will probably use him. Yes. Because I LOVE to annoy my opponents when I play against them. It's the reason I ever started using the Ice Climbers in the first place. And I can see NO character MORE annoying to play against and get your *** handed to you with than Tingle.

Tingle for Brawl.

EDIT: One thing though...why the MM look for Tingle? Every other Zelda character is expected to have a TP look, so I would imagine they would go more for the look from his most recent game...?
It interests me too, it seems like a completely different game, something completely new and I'm interested. I'm going to see if I can get my claws on it soon if I go to Spain anytime.
I can see where the Balloon Fighter supporters are coming from, but I don't think Tingle would depend so heavily on his balloon like BF does so he'd have less air based moves.
I know that feeling of wanting to annoy opponents, one of the reasons I'm in in this thread so much. :laugh:

I'm neutral on what look to give Tingle, but I can say that I doubt that it will be entirely based on his MM look. Purlo, while being heavily based on Tingle, isn't really Tingle, so I doubt that that will be his look. I'm thinking that if Cell-shaded Link gets in, Tingle will probably be cell-shaded as well.

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie
Alright, I must say this is a very good idea, and I've been thinking about this for a while. Yeah, most people here hate him, but as has been said before in this topic, he is very popular in Japan. I'm sure it would annoy people to no end if Tingle ended up being extremely useful. Of course, that would be very unlikely, but wouldn't it be funny if Tingle was ridiculously overpowered?

I would have to say cel-shaded Tingle would be the best one to use. No offense, but all the others look... ugly to me. Oh, and nice moveset there!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Of course, that would be very unlikely, but wouldn't it be funny if Tingle was ridiculously overpowered?
No. That's actually the one thing I'm really scared of concerning this guy. o_o

I mean, the general rule about characters you don't like is "don't play with them".
But if Tingle turns out to be the next Sheik.... he'll be everywhere.
In the forums.
In the combo videos.
In the internet.
In your computer.
In your base.
Under your bed...

O_O

Hong

The Strongest
xD I'd love for Tingle to be overpowered. Then even more people would hate him and despise him. Every online game you play will be like

Tingle
Tingle
Tingle
Meta Knight

or

Tingle
Tingle
Pit
Tingle

or

Tingle
Tingle
Tingle
Tingle

If you want to win, you need to play Tingle! Everyone else gives up and converts!
Super Tingle Brother Brawl!

[/Iwish]

Edit: On a serious note, most of the people who attack Tingle attack him because he's not the perfect hero. They like heroes who are in perfect shape, appearance and have plain virtues like save the world for no reason. Tingle has more realistic motives. He's fat, greedy and while he does like helping he likes rupees even more!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord

I mean, the general rule about characters you don't like is "don't play with them".
In the forums.
In the combo videos.
In the internet.
In your computer.
In your base.
Under your bed...

O_O
Good. The monsters could do with a bit of company ^_^

I would find it pretty funny if Tingle became the new Shiek though. You'd also be able to pick out the tier whores fairly easily, due to the general animosity to Tingle.

He'd probably be used by every Japan player though.

Edit: Is it just me, or does Tingle sound a little like Wario to anyone O_o

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie
Good. The monsters could do with a bit of company ^_^

I would find it pretty funny if Tingle became the new Shiek though. You'd also be able to pick out the tier whores fairly easily, due to the general animosity to Tingle.

He'd probably be used by every Japan player though.

Edit: Is it just me, or does Tingle sound a little like Wario to anyone O_o
It's not just you. He sounds EXACTLY like Wario.

Here's the thing... he could be ridiculously overpowered and be fairly fast... but pop his balloon while he's recovering and he's gone. He could also fly farther than most other characters when hit. That seems like an interesting trade... if this were to happen, what do you think people would end up doing?

Sinn

Smash Lord
I don't think Tingle would rely entirely on his balloon, but I think it would be a vital part of his jumping and recovery. Another five jump recover character...because we can never have enough!

I would personally like the Wind Waker look the best too. He looked too innocent in that one to be scary and he didn't make that God awful noise with the little dance. Plus his Kooloo Limpah looked snazzier.

Ok, He has to be in Brawl now. Because a Kooloo Limpah taunt would be the coolest thing in the known world to spam at someone.

DigitalAngelic

Smash Rookie
I don't think Tingle would rely entirely on his balloon, but I think it would be a vital part of his jumping and recovery. Another five jump recover character...because we can never have enough!

I would personally like the Wind Waker look the best too. He looked too innocent in that one to be scary and he didn't make that God awful noise with the little dance. Plus his Kooloo Limpah looked snazzier.

Ok, He has to be in Brawl now. Because a Kooloo Limpah taunt would be the coolest thing in the known world to spam at someone.
Well no, he wouldn't rely on his balloon, but it would still be easy to pop. Kirby, for example, doesn't have that weakness.

Wario and Tingle are too fat to be light. :p
Well, neither of them would be light... Tingle just gets airborne very easily, and his body mass makes it harder to slow down. Does that make sense at all? (Probably not...)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
How is "Tingle is a ***got" much different from "Tingle is an abomination" or "Tingle sucks"? They're all insulting the character, to different degrees, but it is still mindless bashing.
I meant in a sense of of someone using homophobic language towards a character like Tingle. Now that would be very unnecessary and offensive overall, and very ignorant. However, saying you despise him is not and is merely as a personal opinion as saying you want him in Brawl.
Again, I did not make this thread, and I am not liable to completely agree with everything that was typed there, and that includes just asking for opinions because that's just asking for trollers. I don't recall signing a contract that said "I must agree with everything in the first post to support this thread." That's like saying that a friend has to agree with everything I do before I even start to like him/her.
I don't think you get me. You're basically ruining the original topic of the thread with your off-topic and unnecessary bullsh-t towards people who dislike Tingle. Yeah, I mean, if someone said they supported Tingle fully you would be fine with it but when someone says they hate Tingle, or hell, even saying that they don't prefer him, you end up trying to stop them like you're some person upholding justice. You're not a mod, you have no god d-mn right to do that unless you were actually contributing to the actual topic (and no, suggesting people not to post their opinion is NOT contributing to the topic, either you like it or not).
I do not support Tingle, but I do support the Tingle supporters and I am strongly against blind character hate.
It isn't blind character hate. It's just hate, simply hate. Just as much as supports have love for the character. By your definition it would be blind love for Tingle if anything as it's the same thing as the hate in this thread: It's simply a personal preference/opinion.
I think the Tingle supporters have a point, and I am here to support that. I will not stand for trolling.
If you honestly think this you deserve to be trolled in every way possible
Plus, I'm also pitching in for the lulz, which is good enough motivation for me. :)
Too bad you're loosing and gaining blind "lulz" from it.
Completely hypocritical? When have I gone to a thread where my only arguement was "___ is a terrible character"?
You're hypocritical as you claim to serve the duty to make this thread a better place when you're just ruining it by telling people not to post based on the original point of it.
Even when I argued against the Geno supporters I have NEVER said that or even implied it. As I said again, I did not make this thread, and if I was Lunadis I would edit that last part, but I am not so I can't and I have every right to report posts that I consider violating the rules.
Yeah, but none of the posts have ever broke any of the rules, ever. They're all on topic, except for this argument and your attempts to support this thread. Out of everyone you're literally spamming up the thread with bullsh-t more than anyone else.
You cannot call me hypocritical and use something I didn't do in the first place to argue that.
Ohohohohoho!
Is Kokichi wrong for asking for an actual discussion and warning trolls and spammers? It sounds like he/she is only doing his/her job.
There has yet to be a true troll or spammer in this thread. If you think otherwise then you don't know the definition of either.
Why must you resort to insults and curses? And why must you call me a hypocrite for what someone else said?
I'm not insulting anyone, and I don't see the problem with cursing. It's part of the English language, deal with it.

And I have every right to call you a hypocrite for what the original creator said. You try to support what she said and the point of the thread yet you don't when you insist not to post any negative opinions about the topic. That indeed is very hypocritical and just dumb.
Again, I did not make this thread and I am not going to take any credit or blame for it because I am not Lunadis, and therefore I am going to have different opinions than she has and I think that saying "What do you think?" at the end of the first post was a bad move and if I could change it I would.
Then what in the hell are you trying to do? You say you support the thread even though your "support" beats the purpose of the thread. All you're doing is making it worse and a sh-thole.
I know he does, and I am not targetting people with differences as long as they point out a good reason why he wouldn't be in Brawl.
Which everyone has, putting it on par with the reasons that support Tingle.
Here's an example of how tingle may not make it:
- 4 representatives is enough for the Zelda series.
That's a good point, and it is not flaming either Tingle or the Tingle supporters. I encourage posts like these.
Compared to someone saying, "I think Tingle would make a quirky and very unique addition to Brawl." saying "I think Tingle would make a sh-tty and unfunny addition to Brawl and completely ruin it with his terrible character." is literally no different. Pretty much all supporting posts are like that, literally.

And even then, since when in the hell was this thread about debating Tingle's inclusion. If I recall correctly, it specifically asks people to simple give their opinions on Tingle on whether he should be in Brawl or not. Saying, "Tingle is a terrible character and shouldn't be in the cast of Brawl." is literally an answer to that question. It's a personal preference opinion, simple as that, that is all. There's nothing wrong with that.
And those posts are the ones I am reporting, but I am also reporting posts that resort to insulting me and the fans which Luke Groundwalker does often.
If I insult someone, it's simply because people think they have to stand up for a character like you so much they're literally butthurt by it and think it's oh-so important to stand against someone else's opinion even though it's simply of personal preference.
It may seem that I am going against every antipoint made, but that's only because every antipoint made is spam or borderline harassment!
It's funny, because it only proves how Tingle's chances are quite high.
That's a bold claim, but it isn't true, try again sometime and actually have a good point.
I am not a Tingle fan, and I'm not saying "Tingle would make a great addition to Brawl!" I'm here to say "Tingle will probably be an addition to Brawl," and I'm here to argue that, not if people like him or not. Maybe you'll notice my lack of responses towards the "Tingle is awesome!" posts. None of my posts are like that, and when I argue for Tingle I say:
Yeah, but it doesn't matter. This isn't a discussion about whether Tingle has chances, this is a discussion about whether people want Tingle in Brawl or not.
1) Tingle is reocurring.
2) Tingle is recognizeable.
3) Tingle is popular in Japan.
4) Nintendo loves him and is putting much work into improving his image.
5) If Tingle practically has his own franchise now, it's not unfathomable getting into Brawl.

Are any of those really praising Tingle?
In a sense, yes, as you're trying to make reasons to support him.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I will be honest. I want Tingle in Brawl so I can piss people off with him. Pretty much everyone I told that I bought Tingle RPG for DS said "Wait...You mean that ****ing flamer ***got from Zelda?"

Reyairia

Smash Champion

In the forums.
In the combo videos.
In the internet.
In your computer.
In your base.
Under your bed...

O_O
I would totally LOL, because the general opinion of Tingle will completely change practically overnight. Of course, I'm already completely against a tier system but the concept is very entertaining. :laugh:

Hong

The Strongest
Ancient Minister: "Haha... You may have finally defeated me, but I am not your true enemy. Tingle, show yourself!"

That'd be epic.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I seriously doubt Sakurai would completely ignore most American fans and put Tingle in Brawl as a PC. They have to be aware that he's very much despised and loathed in America.
Plus, he's a side character in a couple of Zelda games, not an important character. Midna has a much better chance, due to being very popular, and being basically the main character of TP.
I would appreciate it if I'm not harrassed for expressing my honest opinions. :(

Gaiash

Smash Cadet
I don't want him to be playable but I do want to drop him in the water again like in Melee.

Top Bottom