• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok you have my reads and how I see him acting with town sentiments and why I had him leaning town when he would eventually provide proof in reads/votes. We disagree on specific points. OK. You know what I believe and why.

He is currently in active lurker status and if that doesn't change I will vote him in the next 24 hours.

Have to go to sleep now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think you really believe in those points tbh.

Ok.

Tblock get at my previous post.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Obviously not.

Also not liking Tblock getting in here and leaving multiple times. Thoughts on that?

T-block

B2B TST
Chill out. I'm playing another mafia game atm, so I pop in here to read up on the most recent discussion. My focus is not on this game at the moment.

I still have only skimmed posts after 700. Catching up tomorrow, which I already stated.

Are you suggesting that my viewing behaviour is scummy?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I recommend you check my ISO because I have been consistent on my read of Grey and on those points all game long.

Just recently I have changed and realized he is now active lurking. It took time for him to reach that status in my eyes but that has been the only change.

So if you're saying I am making it up then I must of been doing so all game long then.

Fine.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Tblock:

Yes, I didn't like it.

Obv I have asked you a question and if you have noticed you'd have answered it quickly before popping back out.

I want you to asnwer my question to you, Tblock.

@Reyth: I was referring to the points relating to his pro-town manner. His active lurkiness is obvious.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Sweet Jesus you kids sure can post.

Not a chance of me reading all this today at work.

Eating into my League of Legends time tonight..goddamn punk *** newbies.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh my teammate is about to die?

O HAI I'M SHEN BAM GET ULTI'D SURRRVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE.

Yeah I'm pumped for LoL atm. Now back to work at NINE O'CLOCK ON A GODDAMN MONDAY MORNING.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Grey? Dunno. I want jpg dead before grey.

What do you think of Jpg, Tblock, and Reyth from a glance?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
If anyone wants quotes and full details for my case on name, it's in my two walls at 702 and 785.

Anyway, there's a reason the case is so long and drawn out (PBPA style), and that's because it actually can't be done any other way. The root of my case against Nabe can be summarized in two phrases. Safe actions, and fake contributing.

Looking over Nabe's early game play, a lot of people had him as town, but for what? His asking questions style. Now I will admit that many of the questions he asked were good, and pointed out a flaw in someone else's logic at times. However, when I read his posts with the intention of trying to get his thought process... I couldn't. The ONLY time he gives reads are when they're expected from him (and usually outright asked by another person), and even then he won't give reasons for said reads. It's unusual for him to even make a normal statement.

Because of this pattern, no one post of his is actually scummy on it's own. There's nothing wrong with asking questions, I do plenty of that myself. However, when you connect the dots, you realize that just about every move he makes is safe. It's hard to argue with a question, and although possible, people also don't usually argue with reads without knowing the reasoning behind them. By never bringing up his scumpicks, Nabe essentially has unknown reads on 70% of the game at any given time. This means that if someone asks him "What do you think of X", Nabe can usually pick his answer to whatever would be safest. (Look, I understand this is a bit difficult to translate, it's something you more or less need to see for yourself. So please, read through 702 or go through his posts yourself, trying to look at Nabe's thought process.) This means that regardless of what happens, even if someone goes back and does a reread, it's extremely unlikely they'll latch onto him UNLESS they're looking for that pattern.

Now to address the elephant in the room and the one thing that doesn't fit that pattern, his case on me. My argument regarding this is simple, it was necessary because of activity reasons.

Let's take a look at the situation before the case. Nabe's been inactive for a few days. Consider what would happen if he just went back to asking random questions and the occasional stance (when asked). He'd get blasted for having no new content, right? So, to avoid suspicion, he had to get some kind of new content for everyone, and the easiest way to do that was to make a case.

Now keep in mind, who's easily been the most-attacked target in this game? Me. I've been attacked by many different people, and though a lot of the attacks contained dumb points, in the end there WERE several decent points left standing after my defense, and one of those was only first raised after Nabe fell behind activity-wise. So, Nabe just says Reyth's case was excellent, particularly that one point (the "slip" he's been pushing all this time), and bam. Suddenly he's back in people's brownie townie categories, despite not actually doing anything new (even the "case" he pushed is completely unoriginal!), and it has the bonus of raising a bit more pressure on a townie. So despite appearances, this was actually a pretty safe move.

This post alone isn't meant to prove anything (and in fact can't prove anything without being a PBPA due to the nature of the scumtell), it just lays out Nabe-scum's general strategy. The full details and proof is (again) in #702 and #785. Please just take a look at those two posts (or if you don't trust me, take a look at Nabe's posts yourselves, focusing on the stances and content that HE has actually provided.)

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Ok this game is ridiculous. Up to page 21 and stopping because I gotta be at uni early tomorrow :(. Few things:

Still don't understand how or why Nich is scum. Nabe is referencing "slips" but not that much else. Weak weak weak.

Didn't care for Zen's hydra log(s?). He's in a hydra? News to me.

Still don't understand how Nabe is so obvtown to people. Would lynch him. I do agree with my other half that Nich's ISO on him is slightly reaching however. I could do an ISO on just about anyone and paint them as scummy. Irregardless, I don't like Nabe's reactive question asking style play.

Oh wait Zen was making a joke... wow o.o

I like SKat's 693.

OK, HOW IN THE WORLD can ANYONE believe that he can STILL say they are fused as a hydra??
Reyth I've seen you bring up this point about 100000 different times now (slight exaggeration). Explain how the heck this is in any way relevant to their alignment.

Nothing else really jumps out at me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey, KK what is your progressing read on Reyth, and Tblock? : D

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Reyth is weird. He seems to interpret things to me differently. I don't really see any scummy intent from his posts, just generally don't agree with how he's reaching his conclusions. So probably as town, but he's throwing me a curveball so to speak. What do you think?

T-Block I need to look back at. Don't remember his recent postings really. I thought him and Nich early on felt T vs T though, if that helps (I've already said this iirc, or at least to J).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reyth is coming off a bit scummier to me. Self play wise, I have him as null. I don't like him trying to play off Degray as pro-town. I also don't see how he sees Jpg as town. Also don't like his reasoning for voting Nich. He states he actually voted him as a gambit, which was really him back pedaling because I was pressuring him for an answer.

That's it. I'm not willing to lynch him ToDay, but upon a Jpg scum flip he'll look worse.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let's lynch V.JPG, Kawaii, Nich, Nabe and Zen.

That should do the trick.
I agree with Jpg and Zen. Might go for Nabe if convinced. I know he doesn't do much as either alignment, but I didn't like his Nich vote.

I'm liking KK more now, and Nich I'm not gonna lynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh right. I also don't like him unvoting Sk for the replacement thing. He says he used GUT, and that was the first time I have ever seen him use that reason.

To me that was a null tell, but I think he had to push himself off the SK wagon so he could look good.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Nich: I can't buy your case on Nabe. I prefer a Nabe-.jpg voting block actually.
I think we all might even agree to include T-Block too.
Also don't like this at all

One, Nabe doesn't have the best scum picks.
Two, Jpg is my scumread.
Three, T-block hasn't done much in thread, so I don't really know why he's a good choice in a voting bloc. Not pro-town in my pov.

Voting bloc for the wrong reasons.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Reyth's used gut as a reason before, that's part of why he invited me originally. Just FYI.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm, ok. I still don't like that he backed off SK just because of that. Wait where did he invite you from?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This game moves fast o_o

votecount:

Kawaii Kangaroo - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance, Swiss,
Nicholas1024- T-block, Nabe,
Videogames.jpg - Ranmaru, Kawaii Kangaroo,
DeGrey - July, SoupaKatamari,
Nabe - Nicholas1024,
Zen - Reyth,

Not voting: Degrey, Zen, Videogames.jpg,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. He's saying that Jpg has been pro-town and showing a scumhunting mindset, and I have not seen that at all. Jpg has been in the shadows, opportunistic, and sheepy. Not pro-town in anyway and I find it odd he would go out of his way to call him town.

Thus why I believe he might be buddies with him. I find Jpg extremely scummy and feel Reyth is trying his best to save a buddy from a lynch, and deflect to obv scum Degray.

Yet I find his play to be null, and I prioritize Jpg over anyone ToDay.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now, how has your read progressed on Reyth, Tblock, and Jpg?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
.JPG -- I have seen genuine scum hunting here all game. Proper T-Block vote. I saw his vote of Nich as sort of sheeping and there was a touch of exuberant fencesitting as well; I think the vote was well founded however. Excellent catch on Nabe and SK. I did find fault with his subsequent attack on T-Block though; because he is voting Nich but says that T-Block can't? I also disagree with the SK null read. I have stated my views on Grey-Swiss. So far, he is an overall strong asset to town: Leaning Town
Here is his read on him. It's the shortest paragraph in the whole post. So he bases JPG as town for catching Nabe and SK on something that I don't even remember? Also take note that JPG has taken a while to give reads. Also notice that he has done scummy things, in the underlined.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nich, I want to see how your reads have progressed with Reyth, Tblock, and Jpg.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
I can't find what I'm looking for :mad:

also this is rough I apologise

eye think Reyth the mystery man is likely not scum - I think the heat of Soup's replacement made him genuinely concerned, not that I did expect him to pray but I can visualise his eyes wide open whilst rocking back and forth in hysteria :chuckle: Generally speaking, the more I look into Reyth the more he reminds me of a blogger-type player who is constantly updating thoughts and sometimes you get this sense that he's thinking about things on the spot as he multi-posts, which makes me comfortable that he's not part of a team and is open to all sorts of discussion :grin:

t-block... meh... it's up and down with me. I'm starting to lean more townie atm. tomato soup is into the idea that T-block is potential scum. wii haven't spoken about this in detail. I believe part of this falls into meta reasons. I liked T-block challenging swiss and going against the grain when everyone was considering swissTown - that's something that sits well with me but then in his analysis post (listing everyone), it's all *****footing around - the whole "Degrey sits well with me he does... but also I think his play needs shaping up" it all seems carefully constructed with goods and bads which feels a tad bit scripted.

.jpg is someone wii haven't looked into all that much. Soup liked him and I'm unsure. One of the things I liked about .jpg was their analysis on nich vs dgrey which matched mine, as did Kangeroo's and July's. If they're gonna enter discoshamwow then they should go into more detail as to how they plan to deal with Zen :woman:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think Reyth would do the same regardless as alignment. If he is part of a team than he'll be a dangerous and balls to the walls planner. July can vouch for me there. He does have blind spots. Such as him avoiding your vote on him. He thinks that makes him look scummy so he avoids things that attract negative attention. He also didn't give a good reason for voting Nich. He most likely sheeped ONTO Nich but instead lied about the reason to me.

I would like Soup to explain his meta read further. I don't like Tblock not doing much. Tblock just tunneled on Nich, and I think Nich forgot that I had to ask Tblock for his reads so that he wasn't totally tunneling. He's null scummy to me.

Jpg you know. :p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Maybe Soup used a diff account and forgot to log in and check the "keep me logged in"

Log out and make sure to check that.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Reyth is coming off a bit scummier to me. Self play wise, I have him as null. I don't like him trying to play off Degray as pro-town. I also don't see how he sees Jpg as town. Also don't like his reasoning for voting Nich. He states he actually voted him as a gambit, which was really him back pedaling because I was pressuring him for an answer.

That's it. I'm not willing to lynch him ToDay, but upon a Jpg scum flip he'll look worse.
Hilarious. You actually think .jpg will flip scum? You are way off.

Top Bottom