• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I don't like Nich's Nabe vote AT ALL.

Analyzing it for motivation...

@Nich: Apart from the fact that Nabe is voting you for a valid scum tell and an overall early scum profile, don't you read Nabe as obv-town?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Nich has had a serious case of tunnel-my-wagon-itis all game and its the chronic.

T-block

B2B TST
lol what the hell just happened here. seriously nich?

sorry if my posts seem rushed. playing starcraft now. i'll respond when i have time to create a proper post if that's okay, kk

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Ah, no. You said it yourself that it was obvious what I intended to post. Therefore, that was simply a lack of proofreading, REGARDLESS of alignment. (Look at it this way. If I had proofread my post instead of rapid-firing it like always, would that sentence still be in there?)
You missed the sentence regardless of alignment. But the sentence is still there and looks like a scumslip. Why are you arguing this?

One question. Why. Do. You. Care. Yes, they're tangential to the thread, but I've done plenty of contributing (don't even TRY to deny that), so how does a couple comments related to a past game affect your read on me?
You were abrasive to Zen and dismissive to VG. That's bad! :bee:

What's unclear is why you're being so thick-headed. That is to mean, why you're ignoring the possibility it was an honest mistake (because you said it yourself, it's quite obvious what the intent behind the post was), and immediately assuming it's scum. If you want a parallel to this case, check out Mario Kart Mafia where I basically did the exact same thing to OS D1. (He made a similar "slip" regarding his role PM and the game mechanics, I called him on it and lynched him. He was town.)
I think it's a scumslip because I think you literally put your thoughts "on paper" as it were. As town you wouldn't have done that. I don't know why someone would write and post something they didn't mean or think they meant to say.

I don't care about OS obviously.

And yes, your other reads are important, as I find it highly suspicious that you've gone through catching up on half the game and have no new important read changes except on me. And the one read change on me is based on all of one post. This bears repeating.
My read on you didn't change. It sharpened based on some well-said points and a perceived scumslip.

Out of half the game which you've caught up on, only ONE post has changed your mind about ANY scum reads.
This is either false or not expressed properly, and the statement itself suggests I'm not allowed to form and hold my own reads.

I know you'll call it OMGUS, but I don't care, town-Nabe isn't this stupid.

Unvote, Vote: Nabe
I don't know what to call it, aside from a bad vote.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
If I need to get slapped for this I give everyone permission in advance BUT does anyone think that Grey's posting in red is a post restriction?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I never told you guys. I Zεη am actually a 5 person hydra composed of Zen, Buddha, Morgan Freeman, Nabe's mom, and Jesus.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Maybe. I mostly believe them in that vein, but scum could legitimately have hydra johns and still be scum. I do think that you need to take a step back and reevaluate.
I have stepped back several times. What I come up with is that the "keyboard jockey head" plays scummy regardless of alignment and has been doing 90% of the posting and of course it looks scummy. So everybody is only mildly suspicious of SK because of the "keyboard jockey" head's meta?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
No, you're just stupid and don't know when you're wrong and need to find a better vote.

Its not that I'm a keyboard jo-

Oh, who am I kidding, you won't listen to what I say.

Carry on.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm seeing:

1) Fake casual "wow interesting events"; happy-go-lucky defense
2) Hydra cog-dis; we're fused, no we're not! (see #7 too)
3) Ott misrep on T-Block calling his Nich vote OMGUS, bad meta speculation and misrepping his attack on Nich
4) Ott mudslinging on T-Block (later retracted because of "cellphone" :mad:)
5) Says analysis post was deliberately short on details <-- I don't buy this at all
6) Calls PLSD conf-town and then immediately says it was a null-tell and he was only testing everybody <--- Waaaaaat?? "It was a tarp everybody 4 realz!"
7) Calls himself the dumb head and the other head the smart head. <--- ewwwww
8) A further point that I am holding in reserve until its effect can be noted (its misrep)
9) Gratuitious questioning of Nabe to get him to vote either Nich or Grey instead of himself.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
^wtf I refreshed and saw a post from myself. Time travel :awesome: This statement was added on last so I'm going to post my post regardless. it's kat

I'm getting a bit confused now as well =/ It feels like Nich vs the world. I'm going to think about this in more detail but that vote struck me as more of a lashing out than finding scum...
_

Swissroll can you answer my questions plz otherwise this thread will implode into a whirlwind of psychedellica. Here's a sample:

:chuckle:
_

Also the funky chicken summons Nabe to the karaoke spotlight for a brief song! wii would like you to go into more detail about certain thoughts perhaps because you're worthy of entering the Discoglamslam :chuckle:

There's a Nich/DeGray XvX around 450 that's different from the T-block/Nich XvX earlier. DeGray is right in that Nich needs to express his point more correctly, the rest of this is just BS.
Is this the only conclusion you can draw from that exchange? How are you viewing July's, Kangeroo's, Jpeg's and SoupaFunkyChickarn's take on it all out of curiosity? Do you think Degrey succeeded in making Nich more correctly expressive? In what way?

There's a lot of Reyth/Swiss and Reyth not getting Swiss which is natural. Reyth drops the issue where I'd have kept going as scum if faced with Swiss anew.
Considering you would have naturally kept going after Swiss, what does reyth dropping the issue mean to you to have mentioned this?

@your read of July: I didn't read Pizza and have never played with her before, sadly. What differences are you noticing here that differs from her Town play in a game like, say, Bingo?

Early play where he wouldn't back away from a T-block vote despite my telling him how and why his evidence was garbage, then holding onto that T-block vote because he found different evidence for it when I might expect town to look in new directions at least a little. Since then they've posted sparsely. As I said, I do think they handled the argument with Reyth very evenly which is definite town points. They're not the scum read that Nich is, but a second for sure even without the slip.
I can only give my interpretation as a bystander as I didn't have much input at the start of the game and Soup is the personification of hyper :chuckle:

As far as I'm seeing, the mechanics reasoning wasn't the only cause of the original vote. The mechanics reasoning in conjunction with T-block being "not subtle" in his approach to D1 both contributed to Soup's hyper vote. Additionally, Soup stated fair enough to your points against his at that early exchange, which I believe didn't make him "begrugdingly admit" being convinced by your posts - I took this as him merely accepting your point of view... as a point of view. Saying this, it's easier for me to read the intent behind Soup's posts as a bystander because he is my town buddy - because of this I accept your analysis on us as being reasonable but you've read the early exchange wrong. Do you agree with my analysis? As for the other issues: when have wii posted sparsely after that, and what? What is your null read on my specific post based off of btw?

Oh 623.
It's a null post, reads like Kata. There's nothing about it one way or the other aside from how the last paragraph hurts the eyes.
...omg I apolgise. The vicky pollard picture didn't even show up which... defenestrates me :chuckle:

Did you answer my previous post? =?
_

Something about Nich: I'm sceptical about him being scum currently because of his constant battles to rise above the occasion come across moreso as null... the whole need to prove the other person wrong etc etc. is something I've seen nich do a lot and I'm trying to think whether or not he would really lash out at Nabe like that as scum (considering he's gone against everyone who's lashed out at him... is he, as scum, intentionally putting himself in uphill situations?...) *pondering pondering*
_

I'd like Zen to elaborate on his read on Ran! July should also contribute more here!

I tend to be from the old school when it comes to mafia play. The days of policy lynches and forcing people to contribute or lynching them.
i'm an eager beaver, and a kurious kat :chuckle: mind linking me to a past game that best reflects your play as Town?

July

Smash Apprentice
Hi. Laundry is V/LA and I haven't read anything nor do I plan on reading anything until his return.

A quick scan of this page yields a lot of OOC aggression from Ranmaru, especially since the things he's responding to don't look like they should warrant that type of reaction.
I proposed the same thing when he exhibited a lot of aggression in Rusty Guillotine, but aggression for him I see as a null tell.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive...ard_280_718771a.jpg...^I think I agree! Reading back on the exchange happening at the time I have a similar train of thought to this. I need to think in more detail because the way Dgrey "helped" Nich, if that's what it's called, makes me think he saw something redeeming in him, which could explain why he's now placed the roo and zei above him (despite investing more time painting him super badly). Could this worth be, say, a glimmer of a town tell?, hence the term "easy lynch" as if to imply Nich is bambi in disguise?This is clouded by Degrey's attack - notably nich becoming "harder and harder to trust", becoming a liability, becoming a probable lynch that will happen later, on top of being scummy etc etc etc etc etc blah blah... Why would you want to help someone who's hard to trust? There's a lot that was said and this is where it confuses me. One would think Degrey's vote would be all over the elephant man It's not. It's nowhere. Adding to this, why would ryker's vote pollute Raziek but not the buildup to the vote itself? Raziek has checked this thread before. I thought this was an odd answer. Dgrey is coming across as odd to me!@Dgrey: what's your opinion on those that attacked Nich originally?also @vanz: ^what do you think of the above analysis? also eye don't agree with your read on jpeg. Why is he one of your top scum reads? How can you convince us?_Currently I'd most likely lynch between Zen/Dgrey/possibly T-Block, and where on earth is the sex dance of the prehistoric variety???. I'm content with the roo/swiss/ranmoomoo/definitely july/somewhat jpeg/and somewhat nich. I'll be more explanative tomorrow as it's 4am and I thought I'd get something out there as I promised soupa! Reyth is all mysterious... his presence scares me. I'd love you to go into detail as to what your bus theory is btw... also would you mind talking to me about what your mafia history is? And where is Nabe? I liked his direction at the beginning but now he's disappeared...

:phone:
I agree with this, and I want to see if there is any town motivation DeGrey could have had behind his actions, but I need to hear his explanation for what happened and his read on Nich from his own mouth and he has so far completely disregarded at least everything I've addressed to him. I'm also skeptical that DeGrey's vote isn't anywhere simply because Ryker doesn't want to vote without Raziek's input first. I could understand if there was a definitive wagon and that vote could lead to a lynch before Raziek catches up, but that is not the case.

I feel that you have the wrong impression of the original confrontation. Nich's push on me wasn't for the mechanics post at all. My push on Nich began with the delayed vote, but he didn't become an actual scum pick until he started showing inconsistencies in his reasoning, which is what Reyth was getting at. That should have been clear, but if you missed it then whatever.

Are you able to provide a read outside of the interaction with DG? Judging on his actions alone, is Nich still town that showed some poor play? Why or why not?

Moreover, if we were to lynch DG, how would his town flip or scum flip affect your read on Nich?
Kk that's fair enough with the conflict between you and Nich, reading the argument in its entirety and being outside of the argument it seemed overblown, but genuine.

Yes, outside of the interactions with DeGrey, Nich still strikes me as dumb/poorly playing town. His actions looked scummy but I don't see scummy intent behind them, it seems to me he has been scumhunting albeit in all the wrong places.

A DeGrey town flip at the moment would make me wonder what he really honestly meant by his "trying to help Nich" post. As it is I don't know if that was genuine and he won't respond to clarify his feelings on Nich, so my read on him really wouldn't change.

A DeGrey scum flip would definitely provide more information and I would be affirmed in what I already believe, that DeGrey scum is trying to create confusion and doubt around Nich as a "liability" to keep him as an easy lynch down the line.

T-Block, can you respond to my question to you in my #565.

Is there any reason for the bolded phrase? You could've said just the last and held your Reyth read to yourself. The rest of the paragraph following this is argumentation as well. Out-of-place.
Because I'm trying to reason with Reyth, I like his content and the fact that he is scumhunting, but I want him to really think about how genuine DeGrey's posts feel, and not just the ones from earlier, all of them up to this point. I was reaffirming my stance that Reyth seems to be genuinely scumhunting even though I disagree with some of his reads, so I disagree its out of place.

July, vote Nich with me.
July, Watson y/n?
No thank you, my vote is on DeGrey.

Errr what is Watson?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Nabe, Finally got around to looking at those posts and they seem to revolve more around the wording of Nichy's posts. I mean yes, it could be taken as a scum-slip, but it could also just as easily be a slip of the mind.

Reyth, I doubt it's a posting restriction heavily.

I don't like Soupa's response to Reyth's assumption of his play (which is pretty true). I want to see a response to Reyth's bulleted list of qualms.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Overall, I am getting scum-flail with both heads taken into account. More on this later.

#HBC | ѕoup

Holy crap reyth.

You are offically ranmaru status.

1)its called playing to character you ****ing ****, I want to have fun and fake some happy lucky? I will. Eat a ****.

2)we're a goddamn hydra, we are fused, I have been keeping my word to post kata's thoughts, and therefore combine them with mine, therefore, fused.

3) mechanic discussion is something I didn't want the game to start on, on top of even mentioning it when its not relevant, it was per se a good beginning vote to get tblock to do more, and on top of that, nich is damn town, but he's a dumb one, count me on it, I wasn't Mis repping the goddamn wagon, I was against it because I believed that nich was town and that tblock needed more pressure, on top of what tblock was doing. I admit I had some logical slips but that's because the thread was moving fast and I was trying to keep and read.

5) let this ****ing go already, I have addressed this multiple times with good reasoning but you're a ****ing immature brat that doesn't Want to listen to me and be on tunnel vision.

6) I explained this, its called a gambit ******.

7) its a goddamn joke you ****ing Moron.

8) oh my god you are so ****ing stupid.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
July said:
Nich still strikes me as dumb/poorly playing town. His actions looked scummy but I don't see scummy intent behind them, it seems to me he has been scumhunting albeit in all the wrong places.
<3 July.

This is almost a carbon copy of something out of my mind dear. See the thing is I have to agree with July here. I don't see the scummy mal-intent behind his posts. He also seems to be legiteamately trying to scum-hunt but his last post I disliked because it was just an OMGUS vote on Nabe.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
OK, HOW IN THE WORLD can ANYONE believe that he can STILL say they are fused as a hydra??

And now we have entered AtE Ad-Hom Land! Wheeeee!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Strap in for a wall here, I'm doing what's more or less a PBPA on Nabe, as I think that will expose his scum motivation (and the reason I'm voting him) more clearly.

What is this??? Dumb or scum in the first posts of the game?

I know you're Tunnels H. Pressure McGee esq. but this reads a little heavy-handed.
I find this hilarious in hindsight, considering how everyone since then has been saying "dumb or scum" on ME based on one of the first posts of the game. And Nabe's more or less been one of them.

SK, get at my 109 and also, which half of your hydra do you think I like and why?
There isn't much of a point to this question.

I like that answer and it came quick which is good. Re: 109, are you saying that what you bring to the table is that you're in the hydra?
SK, do you think Nich could've been calling dumb or scum on T-block for the sake of being demoralizing and defacing? (DaD henceforth) I ask because I know this is your first game with Nich and thus I shouldn't get meta.
I want to note Nabe's pattern of asking questions and drawing information from others without volunteering it himself (unless asked of him, or if it's otherwise expected.) It didn't feel like much at the time, but looking back it seems like fake contributing.

What do you think of the people who wagon voted, and of SoupKat's vote?
Mhm, that's the half who's posting.
The last game Nich played was FE. I know because I overwhelming scum win
SoupKat, my 132. p.s. I'm calling you SK because that acronym rarely comes along in a player slot and it's delicious.
Fun note: Nabe's focus throught the early game is SoupKat (aside from some comments on me vs T-block and the occasional bit about someone else), who also happened to be his RVS vote.

Too much caffeine, I feel busy as a bee.

Nich, VG did express some aversion to you being so obvious about an ML. He voted anyway, but that's no stranger than saying T-block is likely dumb over scum and voting anyway, wouldn't you agree?

Do you think T-block is OMGUSing? i.e. you don't think what he said is valid?
A continuation of his asking questions without volunteering much style. Note the slight defense of video and the insinuation I made a bad play in the second paragraph.

Balls-to-the-wall?

He talked about time travel mechanics and the potential for night action discussion to have a larger impact. That's not radical.
Nothing of the sort. T-block raised a scenario about a vig as an example of how the mechanics are different. It's not dangerous to be mindful of the mechanics (certainly not scummy either) and as he said, roles will play a part and discussion of them. I would go a step further and say that'll happen earlier rather than later.
Not at all. He played in a game I hosted, and several others for sure.

You don't like it? I don't think that's a valid option since what I said pretty much invalidates the reasoning that came with your vote.

You see my point so kindly reiterate it. What am I getting at, and what's left not to like?
He's questioning SK about his T-block vote here, defending T-block's night actions, the source of the RVS wagon on T-block, as well as most of the votes on him aside from mine. I want to note that the whole time he's been subtly on T-block and against me, but he never really says it outright until his posts today.

This is a fair assessment, T-block seems very much into his vote on you.

What do you think of my discussion with SK about T-block? And of SK in general?
In the game I modded, he was VT and I would call him fairly collected. Some of the other players in this game would be better for T-block meta than me, I don't think I've played with him.
What's scummy about this post? It's not apparent.
@SK: What T-block said isn't fishing. Period. I'm not suggesting it's a town tell but it's not scummy by any stretch. If he spent the rest of the game playing Advice Dog and Mechanic Moose, then yeah, scummy. But it was fair to say what he did, and he let go of it without posting further.

@Ran: Leaning scum on SK and null on T-block. T-block feels like himself from what little I've seen in other games, and I like his original points. Soup feels off. He and Nich are on similar tracks but Nich's fits better, he's always aggressive and quick to the hunt. I don't know why Soup is persisting in his T-block vote.
Nabe finally gives some stances, though only because Ran asks him too. Note that with his asking questions style, he can avoid giving stances until directly asked. Look back through his posts before this and see if you can determine his stances. He could have easily gone SK dumb town/null, T-block town/null (or even scummy based on my case, not the night action bit), as well as just about anything on me.

The points themselves are for T-block to respond to at this point; what you're expressing now has body compared to your prior points and isn't wrong out-of-hand.

I find it unsettling that you're extending your prior vote onto posts after it, after begrudgingly admitting that I'm right about the mechanics posts which were your original vote reasoning. Hoping to see new directions from your slot tomorrow.
Pushing a bit more suspicion on SK, which has remained one of his scum reads to this day.

Out for the night.
*snip*Dunno. I ask a ton of questions as scum all the time so you're probably right. *snip*
You ask a lot of questions as scum? Interesting.

I'm town. Please don't be in LyLo with me unless you're an unclaimed self-clearing town PR.
I agree about Nich, scum or an ML. He would've made an easy mislynch in FE despite what he says. He's easy to string along on one subject though which favours OS-style scumplay, so he stayed alive.
Here's where he starts painting me badly. I point out that the town was horrible in that game.

That's my point. Voting for you was easy to justify and garnered no suspicion.
You can't blame me for FE's town being bad. Anyone else find it interesting that Nabe is just about the only person to agree with Degray more often than not?

When degray claims it was my fault that I was a target for dumbtown, Nabe agrees, saying

Straight from the mouth of kings.
(I disagree with this point, but I'm not going to bother pushing it.)

Achieving a scum wincon idk
I'm mostly seeing town Nich but there was no reason to bring that up aside from FUD. It came out of left field too, it didn't follow from what you said at all.
He's mostly seeing town me. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt and supposing that's the stance he'd had since early game, something interesting happens between then and now. Anyway, this is the point where he disappears, and the wagon on me starts going away.

I'm going to pause a bit and note a few things.

At this point, a lot of people had a town read on Nabe, but what exactly has he done? He asked a lot of questions, and that's it. It would be very difficult to make a case or even just argue with him, because you can't exactly argue with a question, and aside from those he's posted very little. In fact, going back over his posts, let's take a look at the actual reads that he's posted.

@Ran: Leaning scum on SK and null on T-block. T-block feels like himself from what little I've seen in other games, and I like his original points. Soup feels off. He and Nich are on similar tracks but Nich's fits better, he's always aggressive and quick to the hunt. I don't know why Soup is persisting in his T-block vote.
I agree about Nich, scum or an ML.
I'm mostly seeing town Nich but there was no reason to bring that up aside from FUD. It came out of left field too, it didn't follow from what you said at all.
That's all. From the entire early game. He's done a lot of questioning, but we don't actually know all that much about where he stands, do we?

SK, you need an avatar.
KK, you need a working avatar.
SK again, you missed reads on Zen and I. Zen makes sense since he's posted only once but I feel all lonely.
@322 (Ran), 334 (July), I didn't answer a question? What question?

Oops just got a call to go somewhere, gotta catch up later.
You people post all hours of the night. Dreading this catch-up.
A couple of fluff posts to assure people he's not completely dead like some players were at this point.

Anyway, let's take a look at Nabe's pattern. He's just been questioning people without giving much information himself. However, since he's been away for a few days and has to make a catch up post, that won't work any longer. His absence lowered him from many peoples town lists, and for him to avoid slipping further, he has to post some actual content. (If you disagree, think about it. What would your read on Nabe be if he just continued with random questions and never really made a catch up post after being inactive like that?)

Therefore, he had to make a case on someone. Now, who's been the #1 target this game? That's right, it's been me. Also, the main points in my case are rarely if ever disputed, the main argument is whether I'm scum or dumb town. That means that by basically reiterating the points other people have made, Nabe can appear active and townie. As a bonus for him, it puts some added pressure on a townie, and might even lead to a mislynch. And even in that circumstance, he's about guilt-free, because EVERY point in his case has been brought up by someone else before him, he just agreed with them.

Really nice to see Reyth's 354, it's a fresh perspective, really good for checking my reads. I agree vehemently with his examination of Nich, he's a full scum read as of 354. A lot of insight into July and her being a thorough player, that's something I've never noticed but it's definitely valid looking back. I have a scum lean there, I haven't decided if it has anything to do with alignment but I do think she's playing differently.
Now we've reached the present day, and look. Suddenly I'm scum! However, here's the thing. What new points were presented in Reyth's case on me? Exactly one. Everything else had been gone over countless times before then while he was still active. And yet as I proved a few quotes ago, he found me most likely town then. So therefore, this proves one thing.

376/377 from Reyth re: 155 shows off what's IMO a Nich slip, feeling really good about a Nich lynch.
THIS is the only possible reason for his opinion change on me. That's right, I went from most likely town to surefire scum in all of one post.

*snip*
Up to just now I'd have agreed with you. I really think that's a slip from Nich though. Did you read 377? In this 387 you're very against a Nich vote, is the above the only reason why?

Obviously that's what you intended to convey, or if you're town that's what you intended, period. That goes without saying and this post is meaningless. IMO there's a scumslip.

What is the point behind these two statements? I understand if you're salty about FE but the second especially is bad, hypocrisy doesn't make a point less valid. It's a minor point, but still this is dismissive.
I'd also like to notice that aside from his attack on me, he hasn't said too much yet. Although he has buddied Reyth a bit.

Hard reads to make. Ran town, VG idk, TB town lean. VG hasn't posted enough, or at least not enough before post 400 which is where I'm at. Ran is just hard to read but I don't see connections between him and others, and I don't see scum posturing. TB could be posturing in a few posts and his tunnel on Nich is aggressive, but I like that he didn't fully sign on to Reyth's Nich read and questioned him on it. He could've tried for a wagon.
Still not much in the way of reasoning, and of course, Kawaii had to ask him for these. Anyone else see the pattern?

Not sure what you mean by expressing a like for DeGray's posts. A Ryker read is elusive and changing like the tides, and generally I try to rely on others to read him for me. Reyth has a decent read on him that I like, and he wouldn't be so obvious about setting up a Nich lynch, as Reyth said as well. Although Reyth meant it in a general "why would scum do that" sense, it makes sense when it's Ryker specifically. I'm not a fan of his posts, but I'm eager to see Raz show up and to hear more from the two of them, since as Ryker said he's being somewhat reserved until then.
He's passing off Degray as null on meta. Not much to note unless Degray flips scum though.

*snip*
There's a Nich/DeGray XvX around 450 that's different from the T-block/Nich XvX earlier. DeGray is right in that Nich needs to express his point more correctly, the rest of this is just BS.
So Degrey's stuff is utter junk aside from the one point, nothing's contributed, but he's still null? Right...

There's a lot of Reyth/Swiss and Reyth not getting Swiss which is natural. Reyth drops the issue where I'd have kept going as scum if faced with Swiss anew.
A bit more of Reyth (who has by far been the most persuasive and talkative player in recent history) buddying by implying Reyth-town.

Liking Swiss' exam on Ran and fully understanding what he thinks of his result. Swiss voiced a town read on Ran earlier though which is a bit incongruous. Town on Swiss despite that, he jumps reads often enough as town.

Really weird 500 from Ran that assumes to know why Swiss thinks KK is scum.
Wow. An actual READ from Nabe that nobody requested.

I'm afraid I need to go now, so I can't address his few most recent posts at the moment, but that should give you a general idea of where I'm coming from. To summarize, he's like video games except MUCH more active and even LESS stances! Even when he does give stances (which is only when asked), there's no reasoning behind those stances with the sole exception being his case on me. And every single point in that case has been brought up by someone else already. In short, there's no real scumhunting, but plenty of questions disguised as scumhunting, and every single post has this safe, don't rock the boat, don't say any more than you absolutely HAVE to mindset. And the one exception (him making a case on me) was made necessary by his absense, if he DIDN'T make a case or big catch up post with lots of analysis, he'd have looked majorly suspicious. And the final reason I'm sure this is fake is that I'm the only one of his reads that's actually changed by him reading HALF THE GAME (And he lies and claims his read on me didn't change.)

#HBC | ѕoup

/request replacement

I love you kata but reyth is making this game hell for me, he won't shutup and heed word to my advice, and its frustrating him just "lol u mad???? XDDDD I am so good at this game look at me suck My own ****!"

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
By the way, just so Nabe doesn't accuse me of dodging, if I don't answer his new points on me by Tuesday evening (although I really hope to answer them tomorrow or tonight, best case scenario), you guys can go ahead and wagon me.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
If you had kept the level of your play up at acceptable levels, you wouldn't be rage quitting right now -- solid advice for the future.

Sorry to see you go.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I wish I had a hydra head to talk to right now. There is something I want to do but I can't and I am just going to hunker down here folks for a little while.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@July, You have said that you are 100% accurate in reading Ran when you are town:

1) For how long does this record extend?
2) Do you have a list of games where this can be viewed and thus proven?
3) When did you discover that aggression for Ran is a null tell (I mean how long ago)?

#HBC | ѕoup

**** you reyth, your 705 is salt to a wound, and on top of it insulting, this whole game you haven't treated me or kata with any respect or don't even seem to care when I explain things, your logic is faulty and you're an arrogant *******, I try reasoning with you but you don't seem to care or understand, to the point where I'm punching walls, because you're an arrogant prick who will fall, and I will laugh.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I really am very sorry. I will pray for you. Please understand this is only a game and there is no need to act out in a violent manner and certainly not outside of a keyboard. Please calm down and do something pleasant to distract yourself.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
rules]6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed. [/quote] [COLOR="DarkOrchid said:
First and only warning, then the Soup hydra will be modkilled.[/COLOR]

/request replacement

I love you kata but reyth is making this game hell for me, he won't shutup and heed word to my advice, and its frustrating him just "lol u mad???? XDDDD I am so good at this game look at me suck My own ****!"
**** you reyth, your 705 is salt to a wound, and on top of it insulting, this whole game you haven't treated me or kata with any respect or don't even seem to care when I explain things, your logic is faulty and you're an arrogant *******, I try reasoning with you but you don't seem to care or understand, to the point where I'm punching walls, because you're an arrogant prick who will fall, and I will laugh.
Holy crap reyth.

You are offically ranmaru status.

1)its called playing to character you ****ing ****, I want to have fun and fake some happy lucky? I will. Eat a ****.

2)we're a goddamn hydra, we are fused, I have been keeping my word to post kata's thoughts, and therefore combine them with mine, therefore, fused.

3) mechanic discussion is something I didn't want the game to start on, on top of even mentioning it when its not relevant, it was per se a good beginning vote to get tblock to do more, and on top of that, nich is damn town, but he's a dumb one, count me on it, I wasn't Mis repping the goddamn wagon, I was against it because I believed that nich was town and that tblock needed more pressure, on top of what tblock was doing. I admit I had some logical slips but that's because the thread was moving fast and I was trying to keep and read.

5) let this ****ing go already, I have addressed this multiple times with good reasoning but you're a ****ing immature brat that doesn't Want to listen to me and be on tunnel vision.

6) I explained this, its called a gambit ******.

7) its a goddamn joke you ****ing Moron.

8) oh my god you are so ****ing stupid.
No, you're just stupid and don't know when you're wrong and need to find a better vote.

Its not that I'm a keyboard jo-

Oh, who am I kidding, you won't listen to what I say.

Carry on.

Play by the rules, direct insulting is different than goading or teasing.

No, you cannot replace out; you're part of a hydra and both sections would need to request a placement. You're still in the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

>___>

About time you ****ing unvoted, let's see where this goes, I'm gonna talk to kata for a bit and cool My head.

Thank you, apologies are nice.

#HBC | ѕoup

>___>

About time you ****ing unvoted, let's see where this goes, I'm gonna talk to kata for a bit and cool My head.

Thank you, apologies are nice.

retract request to be replaced

Reyth

Smash Rookie
OMGOSH if I have been freaking played here I am going to so rage...

I have a concrete reason for unvoting however and there is more than one scum in this game anyway.

July

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Zen to elaborate on his read on Ran! July should also contribute more here!
I've felt really good about Ran's play so far, definitely one of my town reads. A lot of people have questioned his play, I specifically remember questioning his aggression at some points, as being OOC, which I disagree with. Ran in this game is very reminiscent to me of both times I have hydra'd with Ran (once here, once on mafiascum) and at points I can see the wheels turning in his head when he asks a question because he's trying to get to motivation instead of just relying on reads/content.

I saw some talk about Ran forcing me into interactions with him and about our interactions being strange, and I agree to an extent. Ran definitely forced me into conversation with him, which he hasn't really done before, but I don't find it particularly strange; I know that Ran has a hard time reading me so I think he's trying to get a beat on me through those interactions.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Until further notice, here is a vote that will suffice at least temporarily:

Vote Nich

July

Smash Apprentice
@July, You have said that you are 100% accurate in reading Ran when you are town:

1) For how long does this record extend?
2) Do you have a list of games where this can be viewed and thus proven?
3) When did you discover that aggression for Ran is a null tell (I mean how long ago)?
1) I correctly called his alignment on this site in Newb 10, Soul Calibur, Rusty Guillotine (after some waivering due to a messed up cc), Inception Mafia, Bad Idea Mafia 4, and Super Heroes. We have hydra'd here in Bingo Mafia and I was co-mod in another game he was in, Resident Evil 4. Other games I didn't guess his alignment in because I didn't watch or play them. I also watched and correctly identified his alignment in his newb and open 300 on mafiascum.

2) Rusty Guillotine (also my worst game ever): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297283

Bad Idea Mafia: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=299020

3) Back in Rusty Guillotine, so like 5 months ago.

Top Bottom