• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh, don't be ridiculous Reyth.

If I was dodging, I'd have started another conversation with Ranmaru in a bid to draw attention away and then written out a mildly condescending post which I'll later refer to as an answer.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok, Swiss if you don't want to help me get a read on you that's fine. I will say that you have improved since your weak entry post. I also agree with all of your reads except for SK.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lots and lotsa game experience, Swiss. I have lost many games because of wrong reads, so I have learned not to just assume things.

We should drop this though.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Although KK I think deserves more slack even though I disagree with their .jpg push (at least on the surface).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Reyth: Think of it like my curiosity of your Jpg read. Although you have given a reason.

I still think both you and Swiss are town.

Degrey I still don't like. I laughed at Swiss asking him if he had a posting restriction disallowing him from posting content or stances.

I also want to see Raz post in the Hydra.

Reyth, question. How did July seem better to you from her #397? I do agree she has been posting a bit more and I do like that. I just want to see why you think so.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah Reyth you're town.

As for SK, Soup basically claimed town in his being honest and happily quoting Kat's stances. No Soup scum would do that as it constrains Kat.

As for the NK, just be glad if they don't. Doc stay on the core players.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Oh July, she fully justified to me her reasoning on SK and their post. I could find nothing disingenuous there are all. My upgrade of her status is a loan based on her return with a solid scum read and vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
PLSD and Zen really need to step it freaking up badly.
Yes, I agree strongly.

@Swiss:

I have learned to follow up on questions, I have learned to give reads first before asking questions, and I have learned to be proactive in the RVS.

I have learned that meta really screws with my reads at times without even purposely getting out meta.

Things like that. And of course, I have learned not to bicker for so long that I become a distraction. (See me v Soup in Pulp fiction)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh July, she fully justified to me her reasoning on SK and their post. I could find nothing disingenuous there are all. My upgrade of her status is a loan based on her return with a solid scum read and vote.
Ah ok, yes I do hope she does vote soon as well.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello July. Can you tell me what you think of Tblock's most recent reads?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Swiss, I want you to explain your Kawaii and Degray reads. Although I agree on most of them, those two baffle me and I'd like to see what your reasoning is.

July

Smash Apprentice
I've read up to post #470, have to post later because I have a friend's baby shower to attend, I know I have questions to answer and I will get them later tonight.

I will also address DeGrey and my scum reads upon my return.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swiss, I want you to explain your Kawaii and Degray reads. Although I agree on most of them, those two baffle me and I'd like to see what your reasoning is.
Why exactly does those two reads baffle you?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Quite simply,nothing Kawaii's done has struck me as scummy, and nothing Degray's done has felt townie.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I disagree with you on KK. Degray hasn't done much and I agree.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Wii, being the sexy side and the manly side would love for you, Swissy, to explain why you find us scummy. :chuckle:

We also extend this question to Ranmaru.

@Ran: What do you think of Swiss directing the night PRs?

@Nichy-boy: Can you tell me what you think of SK? Are they more scummy in your eyes or towny?

@Reyth: You just previously voted SK, can you explain more upon your switch? Alsooooo would you join the VG.jpg wagon?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reason is explained in my #472. I am only slightly suspicious of you, and I like the rest of your play, and even your vote. I just didn't like that you could see why July jumped off SK, without really explaining it.

I think nothing of it, mostly null. Especially since I have a town read on Swiss. I do think pr's should use their best judgement entirely no matter what Swiss says. :p

What do you think of Swiss asking me how I got better at the game? Do you think he was getting at something else entirely?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok on Nich, the only way I will vote him is if I think he is actually scum. Based on his defense post of #400 I just feel stupid and silly voting for him. Its like I looked in the mirror and suddenly discovered I have a big butt or something and nobody told me.

SK is my number 2 scum read for their terrible early D1 play and slapped together analysis post. I think they are looking a little better for their banter of late but it could be town posturing and I would need to see more.

On .JPG I am sorry but I can't agree with your case but I think you are justified for pursuing it. I am following it all and I don't think it is entirely without merit, per se.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Alright Ran, I am a bit at a lost as to what you are getting at but I don't wanna pull hydra johns. Can you direct me to where you disliked July's jump off? Otherwise this game, I think she is doing really really well personally.

I didn't really get a point to his line of questioning....^^". I think he was complimenting you but then it turned somewhere else. I got confused through a bit of it. Tell me though Ran, who are 3 scum-picks of yours? Also I can't seem to recall your opinion on Reyth (I assume Town(?)) so can I get that as well?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Reyth, can you explain why you like VG.jpg? As in what makes him town in your eyes but town enough where you can see the case against him, agree that it has merit, but it doesn't effect your read?

If you would like to see more of SK, why not question them a bit? :o

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Ok on Nich, the only way I will vote him is if I think he is actually scum. Based on his defense post of #400 I just feel stupid and silly voting for him. Its like I looked in the mirror and suddenly discovered I have a big butt or something and nobody told me.

SK is my number 2 scum read for their terrible early D1 play and slapped together analysis post. I think they are looking a little better for their banter of late but it could be town posturing and I would need to see more.

On .JPG I am sorry but I can't agree with your case but I think you are justified for pursuing it. I am following it all and I don't think it is entirely without merit, per se.
Both me and Kata are hurt by your words saying our analysis post was slapped together! :'(

Not everything need a rhyme or reason, if there is something you didn't like about it, ask us! we feel we explained everything to a short, and concise (with some symbolism of course) and would like your reasoning as to why it is 'slapped'

i'd like to 'slap' you one buddy :awesome:

Our goal is not to look town, but to be town, we do not need to posture ourselves to look different!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Generally I have agreed with most of .jpg's reads. I liked his catch on Nabe regarding Nichs first game; this showed a genuine scum hunting attitude. Of course I liked his stance on T-Block and Nich early on. I also like his early Swiss analysis. In general, his overall profile is of genuine scum hunting.

Regarding your case on him, I don't personally agree with it but I think it might have merit and is at least plausible; after all I DO have blind spots in my analysis. Also I have noticed that his defense of your case has not been 100% airtight. Your case has not come anywhere close to persuading me however.

Right now, my statement about needing to see more from SK and my vote are sufficient thank you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Updates from both heads, formulated in the secret disco!

- Kata says hi to you, vandy, and also thinks you are town.

-Nich is town, dumb, but town, kata and I feel that his play so far is less cautious and more reactive, much like a ticking time bomb that explodes on impact! We feel that people should be cautious of the ticking time bomb and that further attacks are just going to rupture it more, while they may be just in a way, it's something we want to avoid, and move on from, mostly because it's a waste of time! :chuckle:

-Tblock is looking better, but see the above! We want to see you do more besides attack and trade walls with nix.

- Ran is looking town, kata says, I say "but his questions are so shallow" and he replies "but atleast he acts on them"

- Swiss is town! That's all.

- A proactive ryker is the best ryker, we also believe that he is town too!

- Reyth is scummy! he is the opposite of ran right now, but still his double.

- we do not like vg.jpg anymore!

- we want to see more from july!

- Phil has dissapointed us!

That's about it for now.

Signed, disco masters soup and kata.

Vote: Reyth

:phone:
- Swiss is town! That's all. <-- slapped together and gratuitous

- A proactive ryker is the best ryker, we also believe that he is town too! <-- welll this is meta I can't verify and other than that there is no reasoning

-we do not like vg.jpg anymore! <--- wow I totally know why from your post here.

Your analysis post is a collection of one liners. Your play prior to that was horrific and A+B=SCUM.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kangaroo:

Her post #298. I didn't like that she backed off immediately as SK gave more reads, it made me think she didn't really care about the other reasons she gave for thinking he was scum. I also didn't like that she called him suspicious but then stated that he wasn't really a scum read to her.

Now I like that she is getting into the fray and giving more content, this is the main point of my dislike for her. I do know that generally, if someone appeases her, she may also like their play and back off. That falls in line with her gut/emotion vibe based play. But I didn't see that in regards to SK, and I feel she is just defaulting to Degrey a bit earlier on. Now, she falls back to null for me. .Jpg seemed opportunistic in telling her he'd vote her for bystanding, while he was doing the same, and so were others at the time.

The post relating to you is here
@MarSOUPial: Vanzeroo is the manly side of this outback-jumping, scum-hunting Vegemite-eating machine :p.

@Ran: don't understand your #302 really. I'll let someone else interpret it for me.

@Nich: x1 (I assume) didn't really straw man your argument. He basically said that you shouldn't tell someone it's a pressure vote, if you're hoping to achieve pressure. He had a weird way of saying it though.

@Reythy: I can't wait
@Ran: Actually I think I understand what you're accusing July of, just don't really agree with it. I can see why July voted Soup real early like that, and why she was totally fine retracting it later on.
I do agree that this is a bit connection based and I'll keep note of it for after D2. So now I have you individually as null town. July individually as null. You say you really like her play, and I would really like to see what you see from your POV, because at times it is hard for me to read July.

My scumpicks are .Jpg, Degrey, SK.

• Jpg for being a bit sheepy and in the background, and for being a bit opportunistic in giving interest to voting July. Notice he has never addressed her to gain a read, when I was at the time. Only after I pushed for her, did he do that.
  • De-G for putting attention to Nich and white knighting him when Nich wasn't even in danger of being lynched. Also for giving four crap reads, and for not pushing for scum.
  • SK for his earlier opportunism. I didn't like him trying to push for Tblock when Nabe refuted his reasoning, and still pushed for it. Scummy because scum would do that to keep their fake scum picks look genuine.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, I have Reyth as Town. I really agreed with most of his reads, except Swiss and Jpg. I like that he is posting content regularly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I disagree. I feel my strongest is Jpg, while SK is my weakest. It's in order.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ya and I say its reversed. I would think Grey would be scum before .jpg based on your analysis.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I think his July analysis was genuine and warranted and there was nothing wrong with it. I also think he has shown a genuine and independent scum hunting mindset.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@Kangaroo:

Her post #298. I didn't like that she backed off immediately as SK gave more reads, it made me think she didn't really care about the other reasons she gave for thinking he was scum. I also didn't like that she called him suspicious but then stated that he wasn't really a scum read to her.
People can be suspicious without being a scum-read. I.E. Swiss always plays suspiciously. Is he always scum? Nah. However Soupa does play a rather....suspicious game as well. She was pressuring SK to give her some reads, he followed through, so it didn't seem she had any other qualm with him imo.

Ranmaru said:
Now I like that she is getting into the fray and giving more content, this is the main point of my dislike for her. I do know that generally, if someone appeases her, she may also like their play and back off. That falls in line with her gut/emotion vibe based play. But I didn't see that in regards to SK, and I feel she is just defaulting to Degrey a bit earlier on. Now, she falls back to null for me. .Jpg seemed opportunistic in telling her he'd vote her for bystanding, while he was doing the same, and so were others at the time.
I found the first line funny because it looks like a paradox type thing. See I think we are just seeing this differently. I thought that she had gotten what she wanted and backed off because of it.

Do you think her DeGrey read is opportunistic?

Ran said:
The post relating to you is here
Okay yeah, that was the manly half responding to ya there. My apologies.

Ran said:
I do agree that this is a bit connection based and I'll keep note of it for after D2. So now I have you individually as null town. July individually as null. You say you really like her play, and I would really like to see what you see from your POV, because at times it is hard for me to read July.
If I haven't explained well enough just lemme know. :embarrass: Basically I am looking about the intention behind her post and her drive towards them. Because of this, I am really curious to see how her update post comes along.

Ran said:
[*]SK for his earlier opportunism. I didn't like him trying to push for Tblock when Nabe refuted his reasoning, and still pushed for it. Scummy because scum would do that to keep their fake scum picks look genuine.
[/LIST]
Tell me what you think of SK now based on their play as of late? The way you are talking about him here seems to be more focused near the beginning.

Top Bottom