• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm still not sold on it in #142, but #155 definitely stands out as something that I wouldn't think of and I agree isn't a natural reaction from town.

However, there is no way I can see Nich v. Grey as S v. S and this:

I disagree with. I think that you genuinely think that Grey is conflicted, but I don't think that Grey's interactions with Nich are genuine at all. Calling Nich a "liability", that he's either dumb or scum, stating that he is a scummy player and then following all that up by saying he's just trying to help him does not feel genuine. And Ryker is not one to focus that heavily on someone he doesn't think is scum and derail himself that far from scumhunting out of fear that scum will be able to push a mislynch on Nich if he is town. And in fact he's done nothing else but give out town reads on Swiss, Nabe, and T-Block, and state his dislike of Ran all unsubstantiated and without one shred of scumhunting behind it.

Reyth, I like what you have presented on Nich, but I can't see Nich/DeGrey scum team. For me to believe that Nich is scum, Grey has to convince me that he is town.
Random quote. This is totally tinfoil hat and all but the thought HAS occurred to me that this could be a complex bus of Nich by Grey. I have no evidence as of yet that Grey is scum but the thought of a bus is NOT out of the question for me. Once again, I need to see top scum suspects for Grey and a vote.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
As of post #397 July is now upgraded to my Good category from the Bad category.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Could it be?

Nich, you're more confident than you usually are. What's changed? How has your play developed? Why is this good? As of #209, how sure were you T-Block was scum? Do you think you because more forceful after I said I thought him scum? Why or why not?
Actually, I haven't really noticed much in the way of changes in my play. As far as my play developing, I'm trying to tunnel a bit less, and not immediately jump to the most obvious conclusion (scum defends scum and attacks town), but rather look at reasoning behind votes and check if THAT seems legitimate. Anyway, as of 209 I was very confident of my T-block vote, though I've since reconsidered a bit, as one of my town reads mentioned he thought it was TvT, and I realized I was tunneling. (ATM T-block would be neutral leaning scum for me.) I probably became slightly more forceful when you agreed with me, but no more than if anyone else agreed, since it's an additional vote and another person that sees the point behind my arguments.

You nullified a pressure vote by classing it as such.
I've gotten the point by now, I was basically thinking out loud there. But hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

What townie says "I've done nothing scummy"? How sure are you that you've done nothing scummy?
Fairly certain. I see the point behind the delayed vote and mentioning it was just a pressure vote being odd, but I don't see that amounting to any more than a slight scum read, and I'm rather confident in my play since then.

What would you do if I created a case on you (early game only) posts. Could I do this?
You could, but it wouldn't be a good case. I'd probably sigh, make another comparison to Fire Emblem mafia, and debunk the case.

Unvote Vote KawaiiKanagaroo
What's up with this vote? I don't see the reasoning.

Okay:

DeGrey - I think it's naive to label DG as scum from their play, and Reyth was touching on this earlier. Yes, I would like to see their play shape up, but they are null to me at the moment. I'm a little wary of the buddying, as scum Ryker has buddied me as town before, but in that game I was on him hard, which isn't the case here. Leaning town actually because I think they picked up on something, and if so, scum would not play the way they are playing. It's nothing conclusive by any means though, so other than that, they're null.

SoupaKatamari - Probably leaning scum overall, but very slightly... complete lack of logic in the earlier posts against me, but I treat that as null in Soup's case. I really wish they had elaborated more on the vote on Reyth in their 283, but whatever. I do not like the town read on Swiss, which they explain with "magic". Other than that, not seeing anything particularly townie out of them.

videogames.jpg - I'm fine with them. I don't think the accusations of not doing individual scum-hunting are justified, and I definitely don't get that impression from their play. Would like to see more from them though, especially the X1 head. Leaning town.

Nabe - Where'd this guy disappear to? He was asking a lot of good questions at the beginning, and his thoughts were lining up with mine, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for his lack of recent activity, with his most recent posts being only about Nicholas being an easy mislynch. Still leaning town overall, but not very strongly.

July - I think I don't like July overall this game. We were pretty in tune in Pizza (I consider her townie there for the most part, since we were looking to catch scum together), but I'm not really seeing her direction in this game. This is mostly because of the way she talks about Nicholas, and I would like to see her respond to my most recent post addressed to her. I think her behaviour with regard to SK is fine though. Leaning scum.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance - KK was right to call people out for being on Zen for inactivity without being on PLSD. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about them as well... Zen had at least posted to remind us he was still in this game lol.

Kawaii Kangaroo - J, what's going on? We're always pretty in tune, but I don't agree with much of your 403 at all. Can't really remember much from earlier posts of this hydra though. Leaning scum.

Zen - lol

Ranmaru - Having a lot of trouble reading this guy. I think his push on July was very odd... especially the part about her asking DG about Ran. Seems... faked(?) that he took so much issue with her asking that question. Null for now, but I'll have my eye on him for sure.

Reyth - I like him... he's probably my strongest town read right now. Contributes a lot and asks questions, and his thoughts line up with mine.

Swiss - Leaning scum, and I'm uncomfortable that people are clearing him as town. The content's been all right, but I see a contradiction in his behaviour towards Nich that he has yet to respond to. From what I hear of him, it may be naive to have him leaning scum based on this, but I have zero meta on him so it'll stay for now.

Nicholas - Still stand by my scum read on him. He's showing inconsistencies in his original push and his defense, and defends himself using misrepresentation and WIFOM - not something I would expect from a supposedly experienced player.

Should answer July's question. I'll get to Swiss' questions and will start doing stuff once I return home.
T-block, you're tunneling. Several reads of yours are tainted with the idea "This guy agrees with Nick, scummy." or "This guy agrees with me and dislikes Nick, so he's townie". Just because you have a strong opinion of my alignment doesn't make it right. And even if it was, keep in mind that townies can be mistaken in their reads, scum can bus each other, or defend townies for townie points. I'd like you to take a step back and look at the game again, considering that I might be town. (And yes, I do find it hilariously ironic that I'm telling someone else to quit tunneling.)

@Degray
It's time to bust your argument of "Nick's a liability, so lynch him" once and for all. (Yeah, I know you didn't actually say that, but that's the implication behind some of your posts, so I'm going to destroy it now.)

Degray's play hasn't been helpful in any way, as he's just been insulting people and occasionally giving reads without any reasoning behind them, thus meaning he's either scum or bad town. Either way, he's a liability. Therefore, by HIS OWN IDEA, we should definitely lynch him.

I don't particularly agree with the lynch all liabilities argument, but I'm showcasing it to see why Degray's stance is scummy. Given his current play, he's a liability, and therefore by his own logic he should lynch himself.

@Reyth
I don't think you ever did like I asked and showed where my case on T-block was bad, let's see some evidence out of you. As much of your reads on T-block and me is based on the "fact" that my case was supposedly bad, let's see you back that up. Use post #209, that's a pretty good summary of it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Almost forgot to answer this.

Nick, I think you've addressed this a little, but what are your thoughts on DeGrey writing you off so early as "scum or a mislynch," as if you couldn't survive the rest of the game as town without being a liability? Do you think he's town that's genuinely concerned about you being a liability, or scum that's trying to set up your mislynch in a way that won't look incriminating to him?
I think DeGrey is scum. I don't see any town motivation behind the way he's playing, and it's reminding me of Zen-maf in All star mafia (who basically tried to destroy my cases by insulting my competency as a player. He got away with it too.) So yeah, scum would be my read on him.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
@Degray
It's time to bust your argument of "Nick's a liability, so lynch him" once and for all. (Yeah, I know you didn't actually say that, but that's the implication behind some of your posts, so I'm going to destroy it now.)

Degray's play hasn't been helpful in any way, as he's just been insulting people and occasionally giving reads without any reasoning behind them, thus meaning he's either scum or bad town. Either way, he's a liability. Therefore, by HIS OWN IDEA, we should definitely lynch him.

I don't particularly agree with the lynch all liabilities argument, but I'm showcasing it to see why Degray's stance is scummy. Given his current play, he's a liability, and therefore by his own logic he should lynch himself.
This makes no sense and doesn't line up with what I've said at all.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I think DeGrey is scum. I don't see any town motivation behind the way he's playing, and it's reminding me of Zen-maf in All star mafia (who basically tried to destroy my cases by insulting my competency as a player. He got away with it too.) So yeah, scum would be my read on him.
And this is terrible reasoning. He's not only trying to apply meta, but trying to apply someone else's meta.

To avoid a strawmanning claim, your case is balls and you need to step back and look at it.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
On gut catchup at post #400, I am getting a genuine defense read from Nich. I don't like when I feel crappy about my votes; it usually means I'm wrong. I think Nich deserves some slack to recover which I believe he is now doing. Let's hope he continues to improve.

Unvote, Vote SK

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
DeGrey, I'm going to claim the strawman on you anyway. The meta is hardly the primary point behind my vote, it's merely a note of how scum has (rather successfully) dealt with me in the past, and you reminding me of it is not a good sign. If you want to counter it, simply note where town has played the same way and explain your motivation behind your horrible play.

Additionally, the reasoning makes complete sense. I'm pointing out that if we're going to lynch people due to being a liability, you should be first on the list. You were quite clearly putting out the idea of a liability lynch of me earlier, so I'm shooting that down NOW.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
DeGrey, I'm going to claim the strawman on you anyway. The meta is hardly the primary point behind my vote, it's merely a note of how scum has (rather successfully) dealt with me in the past, and you reminding me of it is not a good sign. If you want to counter it, simply note where town has played the same way and explain your motivation behind your horrible play.

Additionally, the reasoning makes complete sense. I'm pointing out that if we're going to lynch people due to being a liability, you should be first on the list. You were quite clearly putting out the idea of a liability lynch of me earlier, so I'm shooting that down NOW.
You're a moron.

You obviously don't understand at all the idea of asking a question at all, which is what started this originally. If you haven't noticed, I don't want you lynched. If I had to pick right now, it would be a crapshoot between J/Vand or one of Zen and the completely inactive hydra. If you hadn't noticed, no one is acting on your case because it's balls. If you haven't noticed, multiple people have agreed with me that you are dumb based on your actions this game.

Anyway, my ride is at the door, so I'll see you Sunday.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Additionally, I'd like to leave a note for Swiss and Kuz/Laundry. I like my position in this game right now. Please refrain from commenting on this post if you're one of those three people. It's just an interesting tidbit I thought you guys might enjoy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm not buying that, Degrey. I'm hardly the only one to think that you were setting background for my lynch, multiple other people have voiced the same viewpoint. As far as danger of being lynched goes, you're in a worse position than I am, and insults won't save you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
In the situation I outlined, VT or unprovable PR falls under easy mislynch.

Shh! Don't say **** like that.

What do I gain from calling him scum at this point?

:phone:
Sorry, I'm still catching up but this response is so bizarre, I must be misunderstanding something. Are you saying Nich is an easy mislynch because he would be a VT or unproveable PR?? If not, what does your response even mean?

Also, while I'm at it, I totally agree with T-Block's query of Swiss and Nich somehow being the NK. If anything, it would be the opposite.

Wats up with the supa-vets on this bright new shiney day??

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok caught up.

@Swiss: Are you done with your catchup post from page 10 now? Also, why do you have Sk as town?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Also, could you please expound on how Nich is the obv NK?? I mean like that sounded so weird to me and using that point to say that you would have to be doc protected; that whole line of logic sounded gratuitious to me.

No, I meant could you please expand on your SK town read?

Swiss

Smash Lord
You shouldn't openly discuss who will be NK'd, Reyth. Gives scum information, that does.

I'll overlook you doing it this time, but next time you'll get voted and waggoned.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
LOL YOU DID IT NOT ME.

And you did it in a crappy way too. Ok fine, your post was noted and was not liked.

Please expound on SK for us?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
See your post where you caught up to page 10.

We can drop it but it has been noted.

I really want to hear about SK though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree on KK, but he is only slightly suspicious to me because of him somehow understanding why July got off SK. That's the only thing I didn't like. Everything else I am fine with. I am especially fine with KK getting on .Jpg.

.Jpg can die. Zen too if he doesn't produce any content.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have played many many games.

I have almost been lynched in many games for mistakes, such as not following up on questions etc. I have been lynched for spamming up threads and such.

Remember K v D? I could have played better but I was just expirementing. :3

Plus, I think before K v D, you have seen my play as a raw newbie.

Swiss

Smash Lord
KvD your play was mainly terrible (being right through logical fallacies and not understanding game mechanics/tricks doesn't equal good play).

Here, however, you're reasoned, smart and snappy like a whippersnapper.

What changed?

Top Bottom