• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I honestly thought those games were more enjoyable because of the terrible voice acting. Just went through my playstation collection and the only game I currently have that I can safely say had terrible voice acting throughout was eternal sonata. Dear lord the voice acting was terrible in that game. It wasn't even funny to laugh at or had memorable one-liners like DMC 1 and MMX4. It was just flat-out bad. Made me wonder what I was fighting for.
It's so -so for everyone like the bad voice acting during that scene kinda killed it for me in DMC 1 which was a overall good game and as for MMX4 I haven't got a chance to play it on MMX collection since I'm still trying to beat MMX2 hence why I'm using a Wheel gator avatar right now till i beat it.

Also oh god I forgt about MM8 had some bad voice acting and that game was bad overall :(

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only fighting game that I play is Smash...
I kinda want to get UMVC3, but I only care about Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright. So, I dunno if that would warrant a buy...
It's pretty fun, and you could fill in that third slot easily with a character like Wesker or Ryu. Maybe Doom or Sentinel for a reliable win condition.

Also oh god I forgt about MM8 had some bad voice acting and that game was bad overall :(
It's not that bad; just lackluster when directly compared to Mega Man 7.

LOL sorry for that typo.

I've... never played Sonic 06 before, some part of me is thankful for that. From what I've heard, it was a joke. :emptysheep:
It's a joke alright.

Eww sonic and elise :sheep:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It's pretty fun, and you could fill in that third slot easily with a character like Vergil or Vergil. Maybe Doom or Vergil for a reliable win condition.
:sheep:
Fixed that for you. Clearly you're not motivated enough. :troll:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It's pretty fun, and you could fill in that third slot easily with a character like Wesker or Ryu. Maybe Doom or Sentinel for a reliable win condition.

It's not that bad; just lackluster when directly compared to Mega Man 7.

LOL sorry for that typo.

It's a joke alright.

Eww sonic and elise :sheep:
Ok true and I like MM7 alot but it's still kinda bad.
Fixed that for you. Clearly you're not motivated enough. :troll:
LMAO I'm watching UMC3 at Texas Showdown right now GF Chris G vs Ray Ray a bracket reset.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
I'm not motivated to do insanely difficult execution, yes. :sheep:

Wesker hits just as hard and doesn't require extremely long combos and massive meter burn.
Wesker is actually kinda weak compared to Vergil and Vergil's combos build most of the meter he needs anyways. And that's not even taking into account of anchor Vergil who destroys teams even faster than anchor Wesker. But yes, Vergil does demand some difficult execution.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
He also has a higher payoff as well and Wesker kinda fell off hard since UMVC3 came out not alot of people use him anymore.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Ok true and I like MM7 alot but it's still kinda bad.

LMAO I'm watching UMC3 at Texas Showdown right now GF Chris G vs Ray Ray a bracket reset.
I just tuned in time to see might trolling everything...again. Against Mr. "What am I fight for!?!?!" and Mr. "I WAS SUPPOSED TO FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!!" themselves no less.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just tuned in time to see might trolling everything...again. Against Mr. "What am I fight for!?!?!" and Mr. "I WAS SUPPOSED TO FILL YOUR SOUL WITH LIGHT!!!!" themselves no less.
It was a good match dawg. IT went to last game I beleive and Chris G has been off as of lately so this is a good start on the Evo road. Also GG XRD although 1.0 so I'm watching that and Elphelt do dumb waifu stuff.

This NEED'S to happen! :happysheep:
I would watch that.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
It was a good match dawg. IT went to last game I beleive and Chris G has been off as of lately so this is a good start on the Evo road. Also GG XRD although 1.0 so I'm watching that and Elphelt do dumb waifu stuff.

I would watch that.
I actually haven't kept up with GGXRD since my ps3 broke (might change though now that I have a ps4) so I honestly had no idea how Elphet plays until just now. You're right: it is literally dumb waifu stuff.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I actually haven't kept up with GGXRD since my ps3 broke (might change though now that I have a ps4) so I honestly had no idea how Elphet plays until just now. You're right: it is literally dumb waifu stuff.
She's nerfed and the patch just came out 2 ago in here the states so the tourney isn't using since it just came out. Pretty much Axl got buffed, Slayer got buffed, Leo got buffed, Zato got nerfed, Ram got nerfed hard, Ky and Sol got some slight nerfs, Millia is the same, Elphelt got nerfed kinda hard and you can hit the grenade back at her now, Blitz Shield changes, slight changes to inputs so they come out easier and that's all i remember.

EDIT: I use both Elphelt and Axl so it's so so for me but haven't been playing much cause of lazyness to turn on PS3 and Smash 4 grinding.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
She's nerfed and the patch just came out 2 ago in here the states so the tourney isn't using since it just came out. Pretty much Axl got buffed, Slayer got buffed, Leo got buffed, Zato got nerfed, Ram got nerfed hard, Ky and Sol got some slight nerfs, Millia is the same, Elphelt got nerfed kinda hard and you can hit the grenade back at her now, Blitz Shield changes, slight changes to inputs so they come out easier and that's all i remember.

EDIT: I use both Elphelt and Axl so it's so so for me but haven't been playing much cause of lazyness to turn on PS3 and Smash 4 grinding.
Huh, good to know. Although honestly, I'm just waiting for the inevitable GGXRD+Rextend release or whatever it's going to be called. Please Acrsys, bring back Dizzy!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If we're talking bad voice acting in Video Games, then you can't go without bringing up Dynasty Warriors 3.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Does bad audio engineering count?
"You're not even good enough t- I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!"

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
So, do you guys enjoy any other fighting games asides from Smash?
I meant to answer this a while ago, but it slipped me. *~*

The only one I've played a decent amount is the Soul Calibur games (2 and 5 only though) and Playstation All-Stars (gross). I'm warming up to the genre, and I've been meaning to pick up the Persona Arena games once I've finished 4.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Bad voice acting? Look no further than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I love those games, but listen to more than one cutscene without cringing.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Cringe-worthy VA just makes things funnier, imo. If a game (or whatever really) was meant to be taken seriously and it has bad VA, then I'm just going to personally add "comedy" as one of its sub-categories.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I actually didn't mind the voice acting in the Telius games...

But Ranulf did have some of the least interesting voice acting out of them all. Sonic Adventure 1/Tails from Sonic Heroes had some of the worst voice acting from what I've played. I hated listening to Tails whenever he talked in Heroes, it sounded like he was forever congested.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So, how about that wonderful Radiant Dawn voice acting?
[collapse=RD spoilers]
[/collapse]
You should hear the German voiceacting in that game.
They have like, 3 or 4 people dubbing the whole thing. Two of them I actually recognize from other stuff, and they do their job well (at least better than the english cast), but in the crossing cutscene Matsushi linked it gets ridiculous because some of them share voices.

And then Micaia's VA just sucks as much as the english VAs.

Ah, the original Resident Evil voice acting kills me every time.
and the ol' classic "you were almost a Jill sandwich".
"I think you, the master of unlocking, should take it with you."
And who could forget Enrico.
"... Yeah."

How can you forget the terrible voice acting from DMC 1 though and MMX4. Those are terrible.
Filling your dark soul with light and What am I fighting Fooooor! are like THE classics of entertainingly bad Voice acting.

This NEED'S to happen! :happysheep:
Ouran High school host club was quite hilarious. Not necessarily laugh-out-loud funny, but constant stupid grin on my face funny.

I actually didn't mind the voice acting in the Telius games...

But Ranulf did have some of the least interesting voice acting out of them all. Sonic Adventure 1/Tails from Sonic Heroes had some of the worst voice acting from what I've played. I hated listening to Tails whenever he talked in Heroes, it sounded like he was forever congested.
"Look at all those Eggman's Robots!"

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Any of you guys seen Deadpool's contribution to Mother's Day?

Same here. Mother's Day was yesterday, but Happy Mother's Day anyway.

Le sigh

2 things.

1) I don't get it

2) Why is it Toon Link instead of Link? Just asking.
Allow me to explain. :awesome:

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
It's my first proper exam tomorrow so wish me luck! I'm slightly nervous, but I know I worked hard and hopefully it'll pay off. With that, I wish you all a pleasant night, lovely tacticians! :happysheep:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It's my first proper exam tomorrow so wish me luck! I'm slightly nervous, but I know I worked hard and hopefully it'll pay off. With that, I wish you all a pleasant night, lovely tacticians! :happysheep:
Good luck!
Mind i ask what is the exam for?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Hex your way through the exam!

Good luck! Hope you do well!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
May the scales be tipped in your favor!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So my college was doing a book buy back thing and I decided to put the money towards getting a capture device for myself. It should be arriving within the next couple weeks and now we can have more than 1 person in my area who has a Smash 4 recording setup.

I better get more footage of killing people with books since I lost all my good footage over the course of the updates.

Top Bottom