• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
That tipper killing ZSS at 30
The Hero King needs moar nerfs I see.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Saw this on tumblr and had to share it because of this thread's relationship with Sonic and shipping. Sorry not sorry.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Happy Mothers Day, go tell your momma how much you love her c:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I haven't caught up in this thread in a bit and folks are talking bout Sonic and mother's day. It's a decent love/hate type deal going on and speaking of the blue hedgehog for some reason I tend to play the character alot with Robin and it's annoying lol i would need to grind that stuff out.

Also happy's mothers day

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
(Too adorable not to share)
mandatory @The Soulless One (although he has probably already seen it).
Oh gosh, the voice acting makes me cringe so hard. :emptysheep:
like can we talk about how awful Ranulf's voice is ohmygod
oh god, don't remind me. I think Radiant Dawn VA should be celebrated as one of the most hilariously awful ever conceived in a game, alongside the likes of the original Resident Evil and Symphony of the Night.

D

Deleted member

Oh gosh, the voice acting makes me cringe so hard. :emptysheep:
like can we talk about how awful Ranulf's voice is ohmygod
I love how this epic music is playing when these two completely bored dudes are talking over it.

Matsushi

True Blood
mandatory @The Soulless One (although he has probably already seen it).

oh god, don't remind me. I think Radiant Dawn VA should be celebrated as one of the most hilariously awful ever conceived in a game, alongside the likes of the original Resident Evil and Symphony of the Night.
Ah, the original Resident Evil voice acting kills me every time.
and the ol' classic "you were almost a Jill sandwich".
So, do you guys enjoy any other fighting games asides from Smash?
casually replies to this days later
Mostly UMvC3 and Blazblue are the only fighting games I play really. The former was the game that got me back into video games after my huge break from them.
I love how this epic music is playing when these two completely bored dudes are talking over it.
That's literally the reason why I find that scene so funny. :halfsheep:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only fighting game that I play is Smash...
I kinda want to get UMVC3, but I only care about Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright. So, I dunno if that would warrant a buy...

That's literally the reason why I find that scene so funny. :halfsheep:
At least the voice acting improved in Awakening. :) I'm a bit tempted to look at all of RD's cutscenes, but I wish to experience them myself...

The game that I played that had the worst voice acting was Sonic 06. My god, it was all-around awful...
The highlights were anything with Eggman and Sonic screaming "ELLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!"
Though, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had some moments of cringe-worthy voice acting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matsushi

True Blood
The only fighting game that I play is Smash...
I kinda want to get UMVC3, but I only care about Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright. So, I dunno if that would warrant a buy...

At least the voice acting improved in Awakening. :) I'm a bit tempted to look at all of RD's cutscenes, but I wish to experience them myself...

The game that I played that had the worst voice acting was Sonic 06. My god, it was all-around awful...
The highlights were anything with Eggman and Sonic screaming "ELLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!"
Though, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had some moments of cringe-worthy voice acting.
I'm not that much of a professional at UMvC3 but it is still really fun nonetheless! Phoenix Wright, Wesker and Morrigan were my dream team.

Though, they really did improve on the voice acting which is good! I played Radiant Dawn for the first time back when I was pretty young so I didn't really notice or care that much. That said, I still enjoy watching them to this day! But I've just acknowledged how... lifeless their voices really are.
I've... never played Sonic 06 before, some part of me is thankful for that. From what I've heard, it was a joke. :emptysheep:

Other than Radiant Dawn and the original Resident Evil, the only game that I've played which had somewhat mediocre voice acting was Thief.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Cringe-worthy voice acting should be enjoyed, not hated on, imo, unless it's extremely immersion-breaking. Before you ask, yes, I enjoy narm. :lick:

:231:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, the original Resident Evil voice acting kills me every time.
and the ol' classic "you were almost a Jill sandwich".
Aah-ooch. :rotfl:

I wouldn't really say I hate cringe-worthy voice acting, if anything it makes me laugh. But sometimes it just makes you think "... why?"
Yeah. It's odd because the companies often have the money to get a decent voice actor, and yet they don't.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
How can you forget the terrible voice acting from DMC 1 though and MMX4. Those are terrible.

Matsushi

True Blood
Aah-ooch. :rotfl:

Yeah. It's odd because the companies often have the money to get a decent voice actor, and yet they don't.

"This mansion is... dangerous. There are... terrible demons!"

That's very true. It's just... did they not notice that the voice acting seemed a little off?

For every game I've played with cringe-worthy voice acting, there are many games with really, really good voice acting; The Evil Within, Destiny and a few others fitting that category. This is an implicit invitation to add me on PSN if you have an account. :halfsheep:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
"This mansion is... dangerous. There are... terrible demons!"

That's very true. It's just... did they not notice that the voice acting seemed a little off?

For every game I've played with cringe-worthy voice acting, there are many games with really, really good voice acting; The Evil Within, Destiny and a few others fitting that category. This is an implicit invitation to add me on PSN if you have an account. :halfsheep:
Well, I never owned a Sony console except a PS2 and a PSP. Sorry. :sadsheep:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
How can you forget the terrible voice acting from DMC 1 though and MMX4. Those are terrible.
I honestly thought those games were more enjoyable because of the terrible voice acting. Just went through my playstation collection and the only game I currently have that I can safely say had terrible voice acting throughout was eternal sonata. Dear lord the voice acting was terrible in that game. It wasn't even funny to laugh at or had memorable one-liners like DMC 1 and MMX4. It was just flat-out bad. Made me wonder what I was fighting for.

D

Deleted member

I'm not that much of a professional at UMvC3 but it is still really fun nonetheless! Phoenix Wright, Wesker and Morrigan were my dream team.

Though, they really did improve on the voice acting which is good! I played Radiant Dawn for the first time back when I was pretty young so I didn't really notice or care that much. That said, I still enjoy watching them to this day! But I've just acknowledged how... lifeless their voices really are.
I've... never played Sonic 06 before, some part of me is thankful for that. From what I've heard, it was a joke. :emptysheep:

Other than Radiant Dawn and the original Resident Evil, the only game that I've played which had somewhat mediocre voice acting was Thief.
I see. I was interested in it because I am a fan of Okami and I would call myself a fan of Phoenix Wright. It's a shame Mega Man got cut. :( At least he's here!

Was Ike any good? I heard that his voice actor was OK (though, he did deliver such famous lines) You know, I can only imagine how lifeless the voice acting could be in If.

Yes, Sonic 06 was a massive joke. I played through all of it; Sonic's story, Shadow's story, Silver's story (cringe), and the last story. It's only fun if you don't take it seriously.

Never forget
Dante's Final Smash? He KOs people with bad voice acting.
I love the fact that the voice crack made it in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom