• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I got the Majora's Mask 3D puzzle from Club Nintendo in the mail today. After five and a half hours later, it is finished.

D

Deleted member

Yes, generally of the "Sonic loses to me in Smash" variety

Here, have some of my Sonic art. I call this one "Hedgehog Dying at 40%"
View attachment 50992

Wonderful stuff.
I cry when this happens to me.
I just am owning this Marth and then I get tippered... and then I die. It's not fun. :(

No Spoiler
Umm... OK then. I'll create my own spoiler!
Snape kills Dumbledore.

I like the Sonic matchup personally. Just a constant, steady battle of wits that Robin can win each time if he guesses correctly.

As for his games, I'll wait to see how Sonic Team's next project is. Boom was Big Red Button's doing under SEGA's eye. Sonic Team's fresh off of Generations and Lost World and working on this new game for two years, with Runners being deceptively fun side project. I'm still optimistic.
I hope that we get a good Sonic game... and I hope that the Wii U will get it.
It's a shame that they got rid of the gameplay found in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. By Generations, they fixed most of the fat... and then get disposed it in Lost World. I didn't think Lost World was bad, but I preferred the gameplay in Generations.
It had some pretty good platforming, level design, and sense of speed.

I like how your Avatar is looking at your username and the "Pranked!" like "Oh no! What happened to me?".
Moydow was found Guilty for turning pink for unknown reasons.
I bet someone out there pranked him. I dunno who the real culprit is.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
No, internet, no! Not in the middle of a Robin free for all!

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Thanks for letting me drop in unannounced.

One day I'll have my revenge on you all. :estatic:
We all went back and forth if I recall correctly. Anyways, sent both you and @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 a friend request. We should all play again sometimes and get some one-on-ones in.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Sorry all for the lag. It's probably coming from my end so I decided to dip. Anyways, it was fun smashing with you all, @ Célja Célja , @ False Sense False Sense , and @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 (?).
No worries man, it was a blast while it lasted. Thanks for joining :bee:

Thanks for letting me drop in unannounced.

One day I'll have my revenge on you all. :estatic:
You know what they say: The more the merrier!

But yeah fun times and I'm glad to see more people show up. I'd like to battle you again sometime False in a 1v1 situation :)

Would also like to play with some others here as well, but that will be for another day.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Thanks for bearing with me and rekking me @ Célja Célja , @ False Sense False Sense , @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal ! I learned a lot from those matches, especially when it came down to 1v1s. If anything, the biggest thing I learned was use more aerials and use the magic of nosferatu (also there are some habits I should really fix haha). I should probably get all of Robins customs too but ehhhh I'm aight with default. Hopefully I'll get better next time so I can be a less scrubby opponent. :p

Also the last match with Delta Fist...
Curse you halberd! :facepalm:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Thanks for bearing with me and rekking me @ Célja Célja , @ False Sense False Sense , @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal ! I learned a lot from those matches, especially when it came down to 1v1s. If anything, the biggest thing I learned was use more aerials and use the magic of nosferatu (also there are some habits I should really fix haha). I should probably get all of Robins customs too but ehhhh I'm aight with default. Hopefully I'll get better next time so I can be a less scrubby opponent. :p

Also the last match with Delta Fist...
Curse you halberd! :facepalm:
It's my pleasure, always happy to play against another Robin player c:

Not gonna lie though, I immediately regretted picking Halberd right after I chose it. Was debating on quitting the match to pick a different stage, but I figured we'd play the match anyway since it was the last one. Sorry about that :ohwell:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
It's my pleasure, always happy to play against another Robin player c:

Not gonna lie though, I immediately regretted picking Halberd right after I chose it. Was debating on quitting the match to pick a different stage, but I figured we'd play the match anyway since it was the last one. Sorry about that :ohwell:
I immediately regretted picking Marth when I knew everyone was going to pick Robin.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I immediately regretted picking Marth when I knew everyone was going to pick Robin.
That's okay, I regretted picking Falcon when everyone else picked Robin.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Those who do not conform shall be eliminated. :4robinm:
And I was, by my owns hands at times too. :p

Captain committed sudoku seppuku for dishonoring the bird family. He wanted to be a Falcon instead of following the true Robin path.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Then allow me to rephrase my remark:
I was actually wondering why you chose explosive falcon dive when the other two are way better. But hey, I was the tool who got hit by arcfire+ multiple times and didn't block all of thoron+ (forgot how insanely long the beam is) so what do I know? I did enjoy our little custom training though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I need to get more games in against people on here. Can't right now, but I'll have plenty of time next week (and maybe tomorrow if my internet complies) if anyone is around.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I was actually wondering why you chose explosive falcon dive when the other two are way better. But hey, I was the tool who got hit by arcfire+ multiple times and didn't block all of thoron+ (forgot how insanely long the beam is) so what do I know? I did enjoy our little custom training though.
It's the only non-equipment set I had for Falcon set up, plus it mirrors how I play Falcon in friendlies with the set up I gave him (3232)

I put on all the stronger variants of his moves on to emphasize his manliness and how deep/stylish I'll try to go even if it kills me.:4falcon:

Which it did, almost every time...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't played Smash 3DS for a nearly a month now. Exams, exams. I'll be able to play later this month. Hopefully I don't get rekt. :laugh:

:231:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

----____

Edit: this is working how I wanted
Curse you Smashboards auto-formatting

I put on all the stronger variants of his moves on to emphasize his manliness and how deep/stylish I'll try to go even if it kills me.:4falcon:

Which it did, almost every time...
It doesn't matter if you're first on the results screen when playing as Captain Falcon.
The only thing that matters is if you're flashy while playing. :falconmelee:

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Anybody have some tips for finding inspiration while writing?
Be willing to sit on things (metaphorically), and do things to get your mind off of what your writing. Procrastination is bad, but so is spending an hour staring at a word document with virtually nothing to show of it. Plus, I think sidetracking my mind with other things often helps me think up my best ideas.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Which one of you goobers used Arcfire+?

A swift reprimand is in order.
I did, and I regret nothing! Well, nothing but the massive lag when I tried to use it and didn't have a tome.

It was part of one of my sillier setups I made for fun :estatic:
Don't hurt me too hard Raziek senpai...

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Wish I could've joined, but the Wii U is currently in use. :ohwell:

Okay, I finally found a decent emulator and rom to play FE4, and it's enjoyable so far and even caught up to where I last left off, which isn't that far from the beginning. One thing I don't like is how drawn out these chapters feel, but at least there's saves and the soundtrack's hella awesome! No trading sucks though. :c

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Okay, I finally found a decent emulator and rom to play FE4, and it's enjoyable so far and even caught up to where I last left off, which isn't that far from the beginning. One thing I don't like is how drawn out these chapters feel, but at least there's saves and the soundtrack's hella awesome! No trading sucks though. :c
But I really like the massive maps D: except for the fact that they make armour knights useless, but they suck in this game anyway. Agreed on the soundtrack and lack of trading though. Adding proper trading would be one of the few things I'd change about the game, alongside actually implementing some of the more interesting story elements they didn't have time to complete/were cut originally.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'd be willing to join! I'm doing nothing at the moment anyways. :p
Plus I haven't actually fought anyone from here yet. I want to see how utterly Rekt I'll get haha
I actually want to fight you someday purely on respect for the username and artistry.

I didn't say my selection process made sense, but there you have it.

Absolutely.

The best Sonic game inspires the best Sonic art, as it should.
So much nostalgia right now, it's amazing.

you should check the many posts gracidea and I dedicated to elephant gifs, it even drove the thread to a serious discussion on how horrible poaching and other cruel actions against animals are.
https://www.reddit.com/r/babyelephantgifs/ is a paradise for elephants lovers too
I could hug you.

original image donut steel

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
But I really like the massive maps D: except for the fact that they make armour knights useless, but they suck in this game anyway. Agreed on the soundtrack and lack of trading though. Adding proper trading would be one of the few things I'd change about the game, alongside actually completing the third part they didn't have time to implement originally.
X) The foot soldiers, overall, do feel pretty useless with how huge the maps are, with the only exception being Ayra. And I also wish that now because Sigurd has been getting all the cool stuff, which idk what to do with... ;w;

Speaking of him, I can see why people call the first part of the game Sigurd Emblem. I didn't think he would solo a whole battalion of fighters by himself, but dayum... 0_0

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Sigurd has been getting all the cool stuff, which idk what to do with... ;w;
Have him hold onto it for later. Particularly the Knight Ring, if he has it. Might seem useless on him since he is a knight, but...

Speaking of him, I can see why people call the first part of the game Sigurd Emblem. I didn't think he would solo a whole battalion of fighters by himself, but dayum... 0_0
He basically has everything going for him. A horse in the game with the biggest maps, a prepromote in the game where that doesn't matter, since he gets the same amount of levels as every other unit, good bases, good growths, an essentially infinite silver sword in the prologue, and the most important skill in the game (Pursuit). Only problem is that he sometimes can't double myrmidons, and his res isn't great (and even that gets fixed near the end). All adds up to by far the strongest unit in the entire series.

Top Bottom