• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Tactician's Sword of Seals Quick Log Insert. Day 4. Hot

Chapter 8x.

Henning.

Holy ****, Sword of Seals. Really?

The end (p.s. I hate you.).

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I wonder if DK is a good example for this as well? He's pretty low tier in all 4 games right?
DK actually has been wrecking fools thanks to customs. Granted, he hasn't won a a major but he's still placing decently well.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Tactician Kong is too OP. Plz nerf.
Also, nerf Greninja plz.

I'm honestly a bit nervous to fight Mewtwo online as Robin. The side B reflects projectiles now, meaning that Robin will have a couple of Thorons and Arcfires in his face.
Treat it like every other projectile reflection move that's not Fox relfector. And it always reflected projectiles it just didn't have a reflector hitbox once it did in melee on the reflected projectiile.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if DK is a good example for this as well? He's pretty low tier in all 4 games right?
Yeah for the most part.

Although in this game (and especially with the advent of custom moves) due to such things as his re:4dk:ulous (I'm sorry I couldn't resist) shield pressure he's jumped up a little bit.

The same can be said for :4link:, who was pretty bad in all but this game, where's he moved up a bit.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Lol, Zelda's sparkly magic is amazing~ But yes, she has been pretty bad in every game. For reference, in Melee she's ranked 19th out of 25, in Brawl she's ranked 37th out of 38, and there isn't any concrete tier list in place yet for Smash 4, but going off of this one (it was the most recent I could find) she's 47th out of 51. Pretty sad. However, she was a very good character in Project M, though that's an unofficial game
There's some irony that I dislike Zelda in project M and is among my secondaries in Brawl and Smash 4
DK actually has been wrecking fools thanks to customs. Granted, he hasn't won a a major but he's still placing decently well.
I've heard of that, but I thought customs were underexplored to give tier possitioning with those in consideration.
Yeah for the most part.

Although in this game (and especially with the advent of custom moves) due to such things as his re:4dk:ulous (I'm sorry I couldn't resist) shield pressure he's jumped up a little bit.

The same can be said for :4link:, who was pretty bad in all but this game, where's he moved up a bit.
Ah yes Link, I completely forgot he's been pretty bad in every game, kind of sad how the best ranked character from the series is a one off alter form of Zelda

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I honestly don't believe Mewtwo will be a major threat to yon Robins. :4robinm::4robinf:

It's not like he's the only character in the game with a reflector and a good projectile. Srsly. You're overreacting.

Srsly. Buff Meta Knight.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Actually, it did in Melee too. But it was super unreliable, so it wasn't really used much.
IIRC in Melee, reflecting a projectile with Mewtwo's Side B would't even hurt the person who shot it. Though I could be mistaken, haven't played Melee in months if not years.

Though if you were able to drag someone underneath the stage as you were falling past the ledge, then that would make up for it not truly reflecting.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I've heard of that, but I thought customs were underexplored to give tier possitioning with those in consideration.
That is correct. I only bring that up to point out that DK at least have both potential and some tournament results to back it up. This is not to say he's top 10 ten or anything like that. But DK is clearly in a better boat than characters like Zelda was all I was trying to say.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
IIRC in Melee, reflecting a projectile with Mewtwo's Side B would't even hurt the person who shot it. Though I could be mistaken, haven't played Melee in months if not years.

Though if you were able to drag someone underneath the stage as you were falling past the ledge, then that would make up for it not truly reflecting.
It does.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Huh, I never liked :4zelda: as much I do now with Sm4sh, and yet she's low-tier?

I'm not much of a tier person to begin with, so bleh. :cheep:

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
^^ Yeah, I'm not much of a tier person either but they tend to be somewhat true (I disagree with a few of the placings on that tier list I linked in my last post tho.) If you want to play competitively however, which I do, you have to be aware of them. Don't take tiers as a definite thing though: if you have enough passion for a character and you put in time really learning how to use them, you can still do very well. Never let a silly list get in the way of playing who you love <3

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Meh Mewtwo's side-b was so punishable back in Melee. If it is the same I woudn't worry about Robin too much.

About Zelda, her disjoints, power and disadvantage state is really good. That doesn't make her tourney viable mind you but she is definietly better than people think. I am not sure by how much. You definitely have to respect her options though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like tier lists simply because I like having some sort of system of organization when it comes to comparing characters, for myself though, not to assert that tier lists are good for comparisons in general.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
That is correct. I only bring that up to point out that DK at least have both potential and some tournament results to back it up. This is not to say he's top 10 ten or anything like that. But DK is clearly in a better boat than characters like Zelda was all I was trying to say.
Ah gotcha, I read that some characters stand a better chance with customs on, but it's a bit sad to see Zelda remains low regardless of this.
Regardless, I don't follow tier lists to determine who I'll use, I just check them out for cheer curiosity as to what's generally considered the best or worst.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I really don't care for tier lists because they don't affect my usage of characters.

And I'm using bottom ranked:4samus:, subpar ranked:4lucina:, meh ranked:4robinm: and sorta viable ranked:4bowser: characters.

Not him. Another.
I got nothing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just watched 'Grave of the Fireflies'.

Please tell me someone's seen that masterpiece.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771

That sounds absolutely horrifying. Then again it could be just a six feet deep grave full of dead light bulbs...Wait...what if...
Oh gods...They're Risen! No Fireflies! Risen riding fireflies!

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581

I watched it, to put it simply without spoiling much for the others: It was extremely emotional for me.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Some goofy looking thing that looks like the love child of a mummy, The Thing, Stun the Insect and a cyborg?
The Hanged Man is more than just a cyborg mummy. It is a Stand that attacks via reflections! You see yourself in the mirror, and you will also see the Hanged Man. It will proceed to attack your reflection using knives found on its wrist, and you will receive damage acquired from your reflection!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Hanged Man is more than just a cyborg mummy. It is a Stand that attacks via reflections! You see yourself in the mirror, and you will also see the Hanged Man. It will proceed to attack your reflection using knives found on its wrist, and you will receive damage acquired from your reflection!
Except for the fact that, you know...it ain't real. :seuss:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Nohr unless both games are present when the NA version drops. If a collection edition drops over here I will more than likely grab it. Also will be looking at vids when it comes out later this year in Japan and lurk on serenseforest like a mofo.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I summon the Hanged Man!
Would rolling a 13 give you Death?

If so, I don't want to wind up as a door. :skull:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Does anyone know if they have new artwork out of Fem!If Avatar with proper feet?

Bigherolike6

Smash Cadet
Personally I am going to go with Nohr because I always like a good challenge and also I feel like the story will be more interesting since I don't think it will be your standard heroes story.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Huh, I never liked :4zelda: as much I do now with Sm4sh, and yet she's low-tier?

I'm not much of a tier person to begin with, so bleh. :cheep:
:4zelda: is bottom tier for 10+ years, including today. In fact, she's fighting for the ultimate bottom spot this game. :^)

But if there's one thing she's top tier in...

... It would be her height.

Unlike some notable people. :4robinm::4robinf:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Does anyone know if they have new artwork out of Fem!If Avatar with proper feet?
A liker of my FE Facebook page posted an edited version for her~

.... B-But don't think I did this for you because I wanted to, okaydon'tgetthewrongideastupid.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I really don't care for tier lists because they don't affect my usage of characters.

And I'm using bottom ranked:4samus:, subpar ranked:4lucina:, meh ranked:4robinm: and sorta viable ranked:4bowser: characters.

I got nothing.
The only reason Robin is meh ranked is because he takes time and dedication to master and nobody has that time, especially when there are easier characters to scrub as. *cough, Diddy Kong, cough*

Top Bottom