• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
You obviously evil Garon worshipping sexist.

Libra deserved to live. :sadsheep:
Blame the chapter 12 bow knight that killed Libra. I had reset that chapter four times because one of the women kept getting killed by the Valmese. When Libra died, I didn't feel like reseting for him.

Plus, I told myself that I wasn't going to reset if Libra died. He got one chance and that was it.

Besides, he's in a better place now. Hanging out with St. Garon.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Quick update and question on my female only run in Awakening.

Libra is dead.
Should I kill off Morgan and replace him with an Avater version of female Morgan?
Nein. Morgan has so much potential, regardless of who your husbando is. I don't think Libra has survived a single playthrough for me. Ergo, he's useless. My opinion is the only one that matters.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So does anybody have any theories as to why out of the 6 skills Kamui can have, one of them is larger than the other 5?

It would make sense if the larger skill slot was centered, but it's on the top left. Currently, I'm thinking it's a skill you can't take off or that's the active skill at the time with the other 5 not having any effect unless you switch it to the top left.

Also, what's up with the teal and red stats? Is Kamui's sword causing that?
Either they've done some MAJOR nerfing to manaketes (don't tell me it was just their growth rates), or that sword has gotta be really stankin' tuff to be able to compete with the friggin' Dragonstone.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So does anybody have any theories as to why out of the 6 skills Kamui can have, one of them is larger than the other 5?

It would make sense if the larger skill slot was centered, but it's on the top left. Currently, I'm thinking it's a skill you can't take off or that's the active skill at the time with the other 5 not having any effect unless you switch it to the top left.

Also, what's up with the teal and red stats? Is Kamui's sword causing that?
Okay, so he has Rightful King, but what are the other two skills?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Either they've done some MAJOR nerfing to manaketes (don't tell me it was just their growth rates), or that sword has gotta be really stankin' tuff to be able to compete with the friggin' Dragonstone.
Since the dragonstone now has a weapon rank (it didn't before), it's likely there are now various levels of stone, akin to iron/steel/silver weapons.
From the stats provided, the Yatogami sword's Mt appears to be 8 (24 Atk - 16 Str = 8 Mt).

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I need to be reading this thread more especially since nerds are talking about the new FE :(

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
It could just be that Dragonstones are initially weaker to how they were in Awakening but end up stronger by the end, which makes sense given its now one of the primary weapons of the main character. It's also possible that the reason why the sword is getting more use than the dragonstone is because 1) there are many axe users in the enemy's ranks or 2) dragonstones are rarer/more expensive.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
It's a little odd that they changed that icon if they did. Two people makes more sense for Dual Support+.
but what if...the bonds between both characters became so strong they fused into one being? Like Hongori :084:
I'm just saying nonsense at this point

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's a little odd that they changed that icon if they did. Two people makes more sense for Dual Support+.
That's why I emphasised "looks like". Though strictly speaking, all three have unique icons, so the other one may not even be Rightful King yet - again, it only looks like it.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That patch in 4 days brah. Better pray that Diddy gets toned down and Robin gets buffs and fight the onslaught of Mewtwo's online.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
That patch in 4 days brah. Better pray that Diddy gets toned down and Robin gets buffs and fight the onslaught of Mewtwo's online.
Robin don't need no buffs. He's perfectly fine. You just have to know your stuff to be good with him.

You know who needs buffs? ALOT?! Freaking Meta Knight. Nuff' said.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Robin don't need no buffs. He's perfectly fine. You just have to know your stuff to be good with him.

You know who needs buffs? ALOT?! Freaking Zelda. Nuff' said.
Fixed that for you. This is the best Zelda has ever been (in an official Smash game at least) and she's STILL not good. This is just sad now.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
IF DIDDY GETS NERFED IN 1.06 IMA BE LIKE

Fixed that for you. This is the best Zelda has ever been (in an official Smash game at least) and she's STILL not good. This is just sad now.
It actually blows my mind that she was the 2nd worst character in Brawl and she was nerfed in this game. The new mechanics are the only thing saving her from being trash. Zelda needs some serious help in 1.06, her situation really is sad at this point

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Speaking of patches, it may actually be fortuitous for us that, for whatever strange reason, Japan thinks Robin is trash. Inb4 Robin nerfs.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
wow, is Zelda really that bad? I'm not one to follow tiers to choose who I use, but she was among my favorite to use in Brawl and Smash 4 (so far). Something about her sparkly magic attacks feels a lot of fun to me.

D

Deleted member

O-oh...I didn't realize we were doing a round 2 :^)
Related to that Diddy & Robin gif:

TACTICIAN KONG
Tactician Kong is too OP. Plz nerf.
Also, nerf Greninja plz.

I'm honestly a bit nervous to fight Mewtwo online as Robin. The side B reflects projectiles now, meaning that Robin will have a couple of Thorons and Arcfires in his face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

You know who needs buffs? ALOT?! Freaking Meta Knight. Nuff' said.
Make her PM 3.02 Zelda and go nuts lol. I think it's just her design in general which is hard to work with and it's sad cause I love Zelda but it's ughh with her in smash 4.

Honestly alot of characters needs to be buffed cause alot of characters feel under powered compared to the top tiers. Just need to tweak a few things, fix some glitch and hitbox issues here and there and that's it.

All my mains are mid tier or less lol I just want tweaks with it hitboxes and some slight things more than anything. Anything else would be icing on the cake.

D

Deleted member

wow, is Zelda really that bad? I'm not one to follow tiers to choose who I use, but she was among my favorite to use in Brawl and Smash 4 (so far). Something about her sparkly magic attacks feels a lot of fun to me.
Zelda's never really been anything but bad (excluding P:M)

I like to say it's a law of Smash which goes like this

IF the game is Smash AND Zelda is a part of the roster THEN Zelda is low tier.
(Also yay Boolean Logic~)

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've never denied the fact that Zelda has always sucked. The reason I said Meta Knight instead of Zelda is simple: Who likes Zelda more than freaking Meta Knight?! Don't get me wrong, Zelda is awesome. But Meta Knight just has two things she doesn't: Epic guitar music as an intro, and a high sex appeal to small round marshmallow people.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lol, Zelda's sparkly magic is amazing~ But yes, she has been pretty bad in every game. For reference, in Melee she's ranked 19th out of 25, in Brawl she's ranked 37th out of 38, and there isn't any concrete tier list in place yet for Smash 4, but going off of this one (it was the most recent I could find) she's 47th out of 51. Pretty sad. However, she was a very good character in Project M, though that's an unofficial game
The reason I said Meta Knight instead of Zelda is simple: Who likes Zelda more than freaking Meta Knight?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm honestly a bit nervous to fight Mewtwo online as Robin. The side B reflects projectiles now, meaning that Robin will have a couple of Thorons and Arcfires in his face.
Oh I will have so much fun reflecting things (again) with Mewtwo.

Reflectors are so fun and obnoxious at the same time.

:awesome:

D

Deleted member

Actually, it did in Melee too. But it was super unreliable, so it wasn't really used much.
It's still something we need to work around. Reflectors and moves like Gravitational Pull are the bane of my existence as Robin.

Top Bottom