• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
It may feel wrong to you Lady Elezir, but it is OH so right to me. :awesome: <3

But it's cool that you can't ship the two of them at all. Everyone has they're preferences and opinions when it comes to shipping characters, therefore who are we to judge if you dislike Robin x Lucina? I for one respect your feelings in regards to not wanting them being paired together and I'll support you opinion, even if I differ on the matter.

Because I love you so much, I will stand by you side no matter what. That is my solemn promise. ^w^ <3

Syrek, my charming, I'm going to run out of responses if you continue like this.

Either way, I already commented about it somewehre in this forum, but I do think they look cute together, and before playing Awakening I even shipped them myself.
After the whole time travel mess, and knowing Robin was supposed to be her "uncle" it just kinda...turned me off of the ship.

But if Syrek likes it, I will tolerate for his sake.

Well, I stopped getting notifications from this thread for some reason. I unwatched and rewatched, so hopefully that fixes it.

In other news, I've just conspired with people to create the most OP Manakete Morgan I can for my Male Robin playthrough.

Parents: Gaius!Nah, +Speed/-Luck Robin.
Skills: Galeforce, Ignis, Lifetaker, Deliverer, Limit Breaker.
*Also with Boots
Wait, then does it means you missed my tag too?
...It's imperative that you go back to page 751.

@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf , visit this and this page if you want to get on par with FE:if speculation and news.

Just my quick two cents on Luke:
I thought he was remarkably annoying for most of the game, even until lategame. Granted, the game gives a reason why he is like that, but it doesn't change the fact that he is.
But he far from ruined the game for me. It's far too solid otherwise.
And Jade is so amazmoballerificly awesome that he completely makes up for Luke.
I like Luke for what he represents, but yeah, if I had to pick a character, I would pick Jade, hands down

Then we have Guy and Natalie, too, whom I liked quite a bit.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Now, saying Tales of the Abyss is bad because of that is a bit too much, imo.
I never said that.

It obviously did something right to have kept me to keep on going through to the final boss before I just, all of a sudden, lost interest at that point for some reason I can't explain and ended up selling it (I honestly can't explain what happened here that cause me to lose interest and sell it) and then when I bought it again I just couldn't get back into it and I think it just had mainly to due with who the main protag is and how much I hate his personality (which is even worse when you consider that I think he has a really good design when he has long hair but goddamn that personality).

Anywho.

I can't figure out how I feel about Xenoblade Chronicles other then that, so far, I find it to be rather overrated. The game play is okayish but I don’t find it to be fantastic or anything and still not keen on the auto-attacking. I’ll give props to the game for doing a fantastic job of making me not care about most of the characters, Fiora being the exception (which I end up finding out later that it sucked that the game made me care about her character), but has done a good job of making me care about the story after what happened at Colony 9 despite me not caring about any of the characters really.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

but has done a good job of making me care about the story after what happened at Colony 9 despite me not caring about any of the characters really.
This actually reminds me a lot of my impressions of the Zero Escape games (I swear, I'm not saying this due to your avatar!), I was very much hooked into the story, but I didn't care too much for the cast in 999 with the exception of Snake and maybe Seven very late in the game, and then I didn't grow to like anyone in the slightest in Virtues Last Reward. It's kinda strange to care of what will happen next in a story but not care for what will be of the characters.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

The fact that Matthew Mercer voices both Chrom and Aikuro Mikisugi makes this even better.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I got me Tom Sawyer in Codename S.T.E.A.M and dang it, I can't stop calling him Donnel.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
You people can't fool me.

I know why some of you are so desperate for your Robin Amiibo:

:cheep: :seuss:
Exchange "Grima" for "Morgan" and that would be me.

I like your taste.
Robin.jpg

My amiibo group:
:4pikachu:= Deltachu
:4falcon:= Ryu Suzaku
:4samus:= SA-X (She's got the Fusion color palette)
:4megaman:= E-103 (If you've played Gamma's story in Sonic Adventure, you'd understand why I named him this)

Plan to get
:4charizard:= Zekrom (gonna use white palette)
:4robinm:= Morgan
:4lucina:= Either Nah or Severa
:4greninja:= Hikari (Named after my greninja from Y)
:4myfriends:= Not sure, thinking about calling him Guts or Gawain depending on what color I use.

Last edited:

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Irony.

You might as well name it Reshiram.
Was going with Zekrom since it came from Pokemon White, but I guess it would make more sense to name it Reshiram. It was that or use the blue texture and name it Salamence/Garchomp.

Could probably use any texture color and find a dragon Pokemon to match know that I think about it.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ Chapter Serf Chapter Serf , visit this and this page if you want to get on par with FE:if speculation and news.
I'm no closer to choosing my side than I was before. God damn it! I've played games that have major player decisions (Mass Effect, Dragon Age) but this is ridiculous. Although being called a traitor for betraying the family that raised me after they kidnapped me (if the speculation is to be believed) is something of a **** move in my opinion. But at the same time, if it happened as an infant, would I really know or care about my birth family which just walked into my life on a gorramn battlefield?

And yet, the revelation about this would probably not sit well with me. I guess it would depend on how well I was treated by my kidnapper's family. If I was accepted and otherwise loved and cared for, I might not care. But did they treat me like ****? As a trophy and a conquered item?

And yet, we have other things as well. The Hoshido have a far eastern flare to them, and the Nohr (from what little I've seen) are more western. I prefer Western over Eastern since, well, I'm from the West.

Also, Marx (I think), despite being named after one of the biggest enemies to the Western world reminds me of Aegon Targeryen and that sits well with me. And Marx is just his Japanese translation, so who know what his real name will be. Something to consider for a Fem!Avatar run. And yet, this is the same idiot who calls you a traitor for joining the Hoshido, like an asshole. So this guy has no concept of cause and effect. Or Karma. Or anything else. What did you think was going to happen, you nuking fut?

Oddly enough I seem to be convincing myself to go Hoshido since unless the Hoshido weren't as peace loving in the past, why would I stick with the guys who kidnapped me as an infant, executed somebody who may have been my old man and maybe instigated another war?

Whatever the case may be, I'm going to have to get some sort of Ultimate Edition so I don't get the Hoshido version only to find myself sympathizing with the Nohr or vice versa.

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Was going with Zekrom since it came from Pokemon White, but I guess it would make more sense to name it Reshiram. It was that or use the blue texture and name it Salamence/Garchomp.

Could probably use any texture color and find a dragon Pokemon to match know that I think about it.
Even if MegaZard X has Zekrom's palette, it still has Reshiram's typing.

So naming it Reshiram still makes sense.

Unless you want to name it Kyurem for some reason.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'm no closer to choosing my side than I was before. God damn it! I've played games that have major player decisions (Mass Effect, Dragon Age) but this is ridiculous. Although being called a traitor for betraying the family that raised me after they kidnapped me (if the speculation is to be believed) is something of a **** move in my opinion. But at the same time, if it happened as an infant, would I really know or care about my birth family which just walked into my life on a gorramn battlefield?

And yet, the revelation about this would probably not sit well with me. I guess it would depend on how well I was treated by my kidnapper's family. If I was accepted and otherwise loved and cared for, I might not care. But did they treat me like ****? As a trophy and a conquered item?

And yet, we have other things as well. The Hoshido have a far eastern flare to them, and the Nohr (from what little I've seen) are more western. I prefer Western over Eastern since, well, I'm from the West.

Also, Marx (I think), despite being named after one of the biggest enemies to the Western world reminds me of Aegon Targeryen and that sits well with me. And Marx is just his Japanese translation, so who know what his real name will be. Something to consider for a Fem!Avatar run. And yet, this is the same idiot who calls you a traitor for joining the Hoshido, like an *******. So this guy has no concept of cause and effect. Or Karma. Or anything else. What did you think was going to happen, you nuking fut?

Oddly enough I seem to be convincing myself to go Hoshido since unless the Hoshido weren't as peace loving in the past, why would I stick with the guys who kidnapped me as an infant, executed somebody who may have been my old man and maybe instigated another war?

Whatever the case may be, I'm going to have to get some sort of Ultimate Edition so I don't get the Hoshido version only to find myself sympathizing with the Nohr or vice versa.

I'm thinking about this too much, aren't I?
Dear God! :crazy: I feel your pain!

If I was literally in that situation, I would probably kill myself so I wouldn't have to live with the decision of having chosen either side.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Even if MegaZard X has Zekrom's palette, it still has Reshiram's typing.

So naming it Reshiram still makes sense.

Unless you want to name it Kyurem for some reason.
True, true. It's a shame the closest thing we have to his shiny/black color is the shiny color back from Gen 2 when he was purple.

Zekrom was the first thing that popped into my head, and I'm sure I can think of something by the time I get my hands on him.

Chill guys. Just because Robin apparently has the ability to sleep with him/her-self doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Well it is themselves, but from another dimension and different gender. I don't think there's really anything in the rule books against that.

And one could argue that they're a completely different person judging that they could have been raised up differently.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This actually reminds me a lot of my impressions of the Zero Escape games (I swear, I'm not saying this due to your avatar!), I was very much hooked into the story, but I didn't care too much for the cast in 999 with the exception of Snake and maybe Seven very late in the game, and then I didn't grow to like anyone in the slightest in Virtues Last Reward. It's kinda strange to care of what will happen next in a story but not care for what will be of the characters.
I absolutely adore each and every character in both of the Zero's Escape game. Even the mother ****ing jackass Dio. The god tier story on top of all the really well designed characters (both in actual design and personality) is what made the game so amazing for me, cause c'mon it's not the gameplay that will keep you coming back to these games :p.

No other game I have ever played has gotten me so emotionally invested into both the story and character as 999 and VLR did.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Just call him...Chrom:troll:
After thinking about it after mentioning my :4myfriends:amiibo name/color choice, I remembered that there is a
palette.

Thought about it just so I could say that Chrom is in smash :troll:

But I respect Chrom too much to poke fun at him like that.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Dear God! :crazy: I feel your pain!

If I was literally in that situation, I would probably kill myself so I wouldn't have to live with the decision of having chosen either side.
You have to understand that I have next to no information about the situation. I'm sure we'll have far more when the time comes. That's why I said when I get this game, I hope there's some Ultimate edition or some way I can get both sides together so I'm not locked into one or the other. That way if there's something that happened that makes the decision a no brainer for me (I'm hoping for something like that), I don't have the wrong side.

Alternatively, maybe the games are so independent of each other that it doesn't matter which, you're not left with too bad a taste in your mouth depending on which side you take.

Again, there's just not enough information right now. If they want both sides to be played, they're going to have to throw grey in on both sides. Even the "Peace Loving Hoshido" can't be all roses and kittens. Otherwise, a lot of people would be turned off to the Nohr.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Chrom can do that too!

with some fan help.
...I laugh at this image more than I should.
Darnit!
My Silver Chrom has only Chrom uses left!
Good thing i have Chromshift to back it up, but sadly it won't help much since my luck stat is only m.
I'll be left only with my weak bronze Chrom, though luckily i have Chromforce to deal more damage a Chrom.
Maybe if i pair up with my wife, Chrom, my attack stat will Chrom up!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Oh, also, given all the Robin x Robin talk I feel this is relevant;

Click here
The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was, "His hair color is wrong". Once I had his proper hair color in my mind, my next thought was "Why am I seeing this from Lucina's perspective?"

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You have to understand that I have next to no information about the situation. I'm sure we'll have far more when the time comes. That's why I said when I get this game, I hope there's some Ultimate edition or some way I can get both sides together so I'm not locked into one or the other. That way if there's something that happened that makes the decision a no brainer for me (I'm hoping for something like that), I don't have the wrong side.
What if to get both sides together you have to become the ultimate enemy.

Aka kill them all?

Join the darkside, we have boobs cookies.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this picture was, "His hair color is wrong". Once I had his proper hair color in my mind, my next thought was "Why am I seeing this from Lucina's perspective?"
You didn't click the link did you?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
What... but why!? How!? ... :eek:

Oh my God...
The most popular ship in this topic for Robin is with opposite gender Robin.

And I'm pretty sure the most popular ship with the Avatar from If is with the opposite gender Avatar from If.

Even if If doesn't have shipping and marriage (we're not talking Awakening's level either), the most popular ship for the Avatar from If will be with the opposite gender Avatar from If. Calling that one now.

Addendum: I don't ship Robin with Robin.

Second Addendum: I won't ship the Avatar from If with the Avatar from If.

Cute picture of Pit with a 3DS and a nice country scenic farm town.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
:roll:
That's not Robin, it's Morgan, unless, of course you're talking about your own Morgan with another hair color.
Either way, default Morgan does have a blue'ish hair.

The idea behind the image is to "marry your own son", as the link shows.
Tumblr does get a bit buggy with me, too, sometimes, so I had to open it a few times until I got to see the post, and not only the backgrounds,

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
:roll:
That's not Robin, it's Morgan, unless, of course you're talking about your own Morgan with another hair color.
Either way, default Morgan does have a blue'ish hair.

Either way, the idea behind the image is to "marry your own son".
I was thinking about the Morgan from my own game.

And the marry your own son is even worse than the selfcest... Can we please not talk about incest?

Also:

this + (this or this) = works.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Darnit!
My Silver Chrom has only Chrom uses left!
Good thing i have Chromshift to back it up, but sadly it won't help much since my luck stat is only m.
I'll be left only with my weak bronze Chrom, though luckily i have Chromforce to deal more damage a Chrom.
Maybe if i pair up with my wife, Chrom, my attack stat will Chrom up!
Chrom challenge
Chrom only run. Chrom can only marrry him/herself. Everyone else doesn't exist.

What if to get both sides together you have to become the ultimate enemy.

Aka kill them all?

Join the darkside, we have boobs cookies.

If you want to kill them all you gotta kill dem boobies too. You want that?:awesome:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Ok try this link.
Daww, those were very sweet things he said about Lucina... :) I'm happy for them... Lucina really seemed like someone who needs nice things said about her... Morgan was really nice to her... Which is odd considering Lucina was a straight ***** to his mother...

Last edited:
Top Bottom