• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
My computer will die soon and I am too lazy to go downstairs and plug it up. Tragic. I'm gonna miss you guys so much... :cry:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Honestly, I can't ship the two at all, I'm sorry fellow tacticians D:
It just feels wrong to me.
It may feel wrong to you Lady Elezir, but it is OH so right to me. :awesome: <3

But it's cool that you can't ship the two of them at all. Everyone has they're preferences and opinions when it comes to shipping characters, therefore who are we to judge if you dislike Robin x Lucina? I for one respect your feelings in regards to not wanting them being paired together and I'll support you opinion, even if I differ on the matter.

Because I love you so much, I will stand by you side no matter what. That is my solemn promise. ^w^ <3

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It may feel wrong to you Lady Elezir, but it is OH so right to me. :awesome: <3

But it's cool that you can't ship the two of them at all. Everyone has they're preferences and opinions when it comes to shipping characters, therefore who are we to judge if you dislike Robin x Lucina? I for one respect your feelings in regards to not wanting them being paired together and I'll support you opinion, even if I differ on the matter

Because I love you so much, I will stand by you no matter what. That is my solemn promise. ^w^ <3

Posts like these are the reason why I come here.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I just realized something...

The Avatar from If?
<-----

Not human.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Alright. While we await the Amiibo-pocalypse, we might as well have a meaningful conversation. Let's change the subject to what it's supposed to be. Good ol' Rabins. :4robinm::4robinf::4larry:

You know who I love as a character? Robin. Because him and Chromy-wommy's cute little manly relationship is just so adorable. Specifically, I like He-Robin. She-Robin is just a character who exists so that Chrom can see your avatar naked. Yay equality! :troll:
I don't understand why people ship FeMU with Chrom. The support conversations are just so out of place and over the top. It's just chaos incarnate. I mean from a minor plot point it makes the story a little interesting, but still...

And on the topic of MaMU x Lucina, I find it odd to be married to my best friend's daughter from the future. And the fact that the baby in the castle is the same person I married but younger makes a whole convoluted mess in terms of plot and timelines and what not. Don't get me started on Morgan either...Gods, it'll make it more awkward if Morgan calls Chrom "Grandfather!"
Also did someone ask for "Uncle Robin"?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Urgh. Please never bring back future children as a thing. Don't get me wrong...I love the characters!

but I think it should stay exclusive to Awakening.
Just like healers staffs missing your targeted allied unit and fatigue should STAY in Thracia 776.
Wouldn't mind if Capture came back though.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
There is one reason, and one reason alone, that I am willing to overlook all of Awakening's flaws, particularly the haphazard quality of the marriage / children paradigm:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You people can't fool me.

I know why some of you are so desperate for your Robin Amiibo:

:cheep: :seuss:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm going to buy me a Sanic amiibo, and I'm going to colour it in a completely original design, and I'm going to give it a completely original name, and a completely original life story, and I'm going to post a picture of it on the internet, and it's going to be my copyright, so please don't steal it! :4sonic:

(it was the first image I could find, it's too early in the day for the trauma of googling it)

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Never said he was a jerk because of that ,exactly, only that he was naive.

Honeslty, his jerkassness could have come from a mix of him being a spoiled brat by his life in the manor, influence from his father(who was a jerk too), stubborness and other stuff. At the beginning he's not that bad, though
Also, there's the fact that he's actually 7 years old, too, and had next to none emotional support as he grew up, aside from Van, but we all know how that ended.
And yeah, I know there's that part in which he's just insufferable. It was supposed to make us hate him, just to make his transfomation more remarkable. I still felt like hitting him with a concrete wall repeatedly there, I will have to admit.

Honeslty, Luke seems to be the type of character that you either hate or love, and it's alright. Now, saying Tales of the Abyss is bad because of that is a bit too much, imo. The storyline is pretty good, one of the best in the entire series, I dare say, and the game still has plenty of likeable characters there.

About the spoilers, I just think it's courtesy to put this kind of stuff in spoilers. This thread isn't in a Tales of forum, and even in those people are warned about spoilers beforehand, heck, even in gamefaqs, of all places, users hide spoilers. It doesn't matter if the game is old or not, there are people who haven't played it yet.
Let's not forget that Tales of the Abyss got a 3DS port rather recently, too.
Just my quick two cents on Luke:
I thought he was remarkably annoying for most of the game, even until lategame. Granted, the game gives a reason why he is like that, but it doesn't change the fact that he is.
But he far from ruined the game for me. It's far too solid otherwise.
And Jade is so amazmoballerificly awesome that he completely makes up for Luke.

My favorite Mage/Dark Mage (base class) character in FE:A is Laurent. With a pretty considerable lead. I dunno, I find the others all kinda boring.

If I ever got a Robin amiibo, I would name it either Grima or Morgan.
If I get a Robin amiibo, I'll call it Robin. Because I'm that uncreative with names.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I don't understand why people ship FeMU with Chrom. The support conversations are just so out of place and over the top. It's just chaos incarnate. I mean from a minor plot point it makes the story a little interesting, but still...

And on the topic of MaMU x Lucina, I find it odd to be married to my best friend's daughter from the future. And the fact that the baby in the castle is the same person I married but younger makes a whole convoluted mess in terms of plot and timelines and what not. Don't get me started on Morgan either...Gods, it'll make it more awkward if Morgan calls Chrom "Grandfather!"
Also did someone ask for "Uncle Robin"?
As someone who did Chrom/Robin on the first run, I'll explain what I see in it.

The supports are meh, I'll give you that. But, the S-Support hooked me a bit. I just love how Chrom is sort of awkward but not to a ridiculous degree over confessing to Robin, and the way the two are reasonable about waiting to marry until after the war got me a bit. After they do marry is when it got good for me. They are clearly in love, but they still talk like friends. Robin and Chrom are still friends first and lovers second.

Plus, it's the only support for female Robin where Morgan gets a sibling, which interests me since I'm not an only child (and an older sister like Lucina, at that). Chrom's getting protective over Morgan when you recruit him when he's the father is really sweet, as well. And I love the Summer Scramble conversation between them. I almost wish THAT was their support tree and not what they got instead. It's sweet how Chrom goes out of his way to try and keep Robin's mind off of her forgotten memories, and how Robin instead would rather build new ones with Chrom and the Shepherds.

And then there's Chapter 21... But I dare not spoil how that goes down for people who plan on doing a Chrom/Robin run. I will just say it broke my heart into teeny, tiny pieces.

That said, if people don't like the pairing? That's perfectly fine. I'm honestly meh towards M!Robin/Chrom since they gave me more of a "bros who'd go to the ends of the Earth for each other" vibe, but I'm not going to berate its fans. I can see why people love the supports. And I certainly don't think Robin HAS to be Chrom's love interest. In my third file (where she married Yarne), I headcanon that she and Chrom have more of a big brother/little sister like relationship (she's Build 2, for reference).
Urgh. Please never bring back future children as a thing. Don't get me wrong...I love the characters!

but I think it should stay exclusive to Awakening.
Just like healers staffs missing your targeted allied unit and fatigue should STAY in Thracia 776.
Wouldn't mind if Capture came back though.
As someone who uses the children more than their parents, I'm inclined to agree. I can't really see it working outside of Awakening without it feeling like it's trying to copy Awakening. I know another game in the franchise did it (but not kids from the future- just the offspring of the characters), but there are only so many ways you can go about it.
There is one reason, and one reason alone, that I am willing to overlook all of Awakening's flaws, particularly the haphazard quality of the marriage / children paradigm:

This girl is awesome. There is a reason I married my in-game son to her.

If I ever do another run where they marry, though, I might make her Chrom's daughter instead like I did on my second run, mainly due to this cute art:

Better yet, make Morgan a Gangrel baby and marry him to Chrom!Cynthia.:demon:

As long as Cynthia either marries into royalty or is royalty, because Pega Pony Princess.
If I ever got a Robin amiibo, I would name it either Grima or Morgan.
I was dead set on making my Robin Amiibo if I ever get one female Robin, but Morgan is tempting me to make it a blue palette male...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Cynthia is definitely one of my favorite future children. I was even willing to marry Sumia in my 2nd Lunatic run just to have Cynthia as my daughter but... I saw art of Olivia and.... plans changed.

Shaymikyu

My relationship with amiibos:

I'm not feeling it >_>
Replace "Shulk" with "Robin and Lucina" and that's me.

I didn't even bother with Greninja, and I originally was going to try and get two because someone close to me is a Greninja fan.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Naming your amiibo. Let's see. The ones that I actually registered in Smash Bros I've called,
:4mario:: Gonzales
:4dk:: Forever
:4link:: F. Deity
:4samus:: Dark Samus
:4yoshi:: Mizu
:4kirby:: Poyo
:4fox:: NI FO FD
:4pikachu:: Dorkachu
:4luigi:: Mr. L
:4shulk:: Dakota

The ones I plan on naming,
:4lucina:: Cherche
:4ganondorf:: St. Garon

Uh... that's it.

Shaymikyu

I've only named Pikachu so far. His name is Sparky, after my Pikachu from Yellow.

I don't know about the others. I'm leaning towards Monado Boy for Shulk (if it fits), or I'll go with his Dunban alt and call him Dunban. But, I plan on making a Dunban Mii, so that might get confusing... For :4robinm: (if I ever miraculously get him), I was originally going to do something with female Robin, but I'm tempted to go Morgan and make him blue alt Robin.

And :4rob: must be Wall-E if I ever get him.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
:4marth: Our Boy (probably better suited to a :4roy:, but I don't plan on getting a Bowser Jr amiibo)
:4myfriends: Chrom
:4falcon: The Knee (of which he cannot do any)
:4link: Zelda
:4sheik: Sheilda

Haven't decided yet on what/if I'll name :4robinm: :4lucina: :4zss:, assuming I can actually get any of them.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, I stopped getting notifications from this thread for some reason. I unwatched and rewatched, so hopefully that fixes it.

In other news, I've just conspired with people to create the most OP Manakete Morgan I can for my Male Robin playthrough.

Parents: Gaius!Nah, +Speed/-Luck Robin.
Skills: Galeforce, Ignis, Lifetaker, Deliverer, Limit Breaker.
*Also with Boots

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Well, I stopped getting notifications from this thread for some reason. I unwatched and rewatched, so hopefully that fixes it.

In other news, I've just conspired with people to create the most OP Manakete Morgan I can for my Male Robin playthrough.

Parents: Gaius!Nah, +Speed/-Luck Robin.
Skills: Galeforce, Ignis, Lifetaker, Deliverer, Limit Breaker.
*Also with Boots
If you don't post in a thread for a day or so, you stop getting notifications.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You stop getting alerts when you be a lazy bum stop visiting.

You start getting alerts again when you open the thread again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Usually (about 8 times out of 10) this happens because you received an alert for a post (not likes, or yourself and @NonSpecificGuy would have doomed us all :p) in a thread, and opened the alert box, but didn't actually click on the alert and go to the thread.
Other times, it happens if two threads are merged together, in which case you don't receive any alerts; they do just stop.
To fix it, you just have to view the most recent post in the thread. (this is where the Watched Threads page is handy)
But the alert system in XenForo seems to be awkwardly implemented anyway, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they do just randomly stop appearing for no reason at all. :p

Shaymikyu

There have been times where it's been less than a day since my last post/like and I still don't get an alert for a thread.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So was I just late to the party in realizing that the Avatar from If isn't a human?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I just realized something...

The Avatar from If?
<-----

Not human.
Manakete's in the hizouse! Woo!
Naming your amiibo. Let's see. The ones that I actually registered in Smash Bros I've called,
:4mario:: Gonzales
:4dk:: Forever
:4link:: F. Deity
:4samus:: Dark Samus
:4yoshi:: Mizu
:4kirby:: Poyo
:4fox:: NI FO FD
:4pikachu:: Dorkachu
:4luigi:: Mr. L
:4shulk:: Dakota

The ones I plan on naming,
:4lucina:: Cherche
:4ganondorf:: St. Garon

Uh... that's it.
Saint Garon approves of this. Also since he is a king Kotor, we should definitely be more respectful and give him his well deserved full title. So should we call him King Saint Garon or Saint King Garon?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So was I just late to the party in realizing that the Avatar from If isn't a human?
It's actually been speculated since the first trailer. The figure choking dancer lady while turning into the dragon had a suspiciously similiar design.

Looks like they're still using the same dopy stilt legs though from Awakening. Tho' it's not as bad.
You're really late on all the FE: If news, aren't ye? :3

They do have proper feet now. It's hard to see due to the armor on the lady to the right, but they are there. The dragon just has very weird stilty legs by design.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm probably naming my Robin Amiibo after myself, like I did in Awakening, and going with the black hair :4robinm: palette to make him resemble me a tad bit. Then I'll use the OP equipment I get on him to parallel my endless grinding in Awakening and make him go toe to toe with my Dark Samus[palette] Amiibo to see who wins.

250px-Dark_Samus_mp3_Artwork.png vs jBVG5Ey.jpg is a fight I'm definitely recording.

My Samus Amiibo I'll obviously name Dark Samus, and my Bowser Amiibo...er...I dunno.

Top Bottom