• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Since Pair Up is returning, ugh, I imagine support building will be just as easy as it was in Awakening.

If marriage does return I imagine it will be much more limited this time given the whole fimly ties thing, unless they pull a stupid "twist" of Kamui not being related to Hoshido and the adopted ties don't really matter that much for Nohr, which would be disappointing. Though I suppose it is also possible only some of the people shown on both sides can be considered as the sibling role, like maybe Ryouma and Sakura and maybe the empress lady are the only actual blood relatives to Kamui with Hinoka and archer dude having been a childhood friend before Kamui was taken with Marx and Twintails being the adpotive siblings of Kamui and Ryouma's and Sakura's counter parts with Camilla and blonde-Marth being the counterpart of Hinoka and archer-dude. That could be a possibility as well.

But even if they do limited support, which I hope they do, I wouldn't be surprised if Kamui could support with all of the characters anyway given the avatar status.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Also, PIES.
Since Pair Up is returning, ugh, I imagine support building will be just as easy as it was in Awakening.

If marriage does return I imagine it will be much more limited this time given the whole fimly ties thing, unless they pull a stupid "twist" of Kamui not being related to Hoshido and the adopted ties don't really matter that much for Nohr, which would be disappointing. Though I suppose it is also possible only some of the people shown on both sides can be considered as the sibling role, like maybe Ryouma and Sakura and maybe the empress lady are the only actual blood relatives to Kamui with Hinoka and archer dude having been a childhood friend before Kamui was taken with Marx and Twintails being the adpotive siblings of Kamui and Ryouma's and Sakura's counter parts with Camilla and blonde-Marth being the counterpart of Hinoka and archer-dude. That could be a possibility as well.

But even if they do limited support, which I hope they do, I wouldn't be surprised if Kamui could support with all of the characters anyway given the avatar status.
That reminds me- I really want to see a lot of family supports this time, even if it's at the expense of the marriage supports. Many of my favorite supports in Awakening were familial.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Some supports are just plain done wrong or awkward, though.

Say, Cherche's with :4robinm:.
Say'ri as well
Also, PIES.
I didn't find these so terrible, actually - at least, the C-A conversations. The jump from A to S in all three did feel a bit awkward/rushed though (as did most in the game, really).

As for Tharja...
What is your favorite ship for each character that has a child?
Tharja: the ground in Chapter 9
(also I just noticed this was nearly 400 pages ago. o.O)

I think this is pretty much a given - FE12 had limited supports as well, and the avatar still got conversations (not necessarily stat-boosting supports) with every character in the game.

Then again maybe FE12 is a bad example - for most characters, the avatar was the only character they had a support conversation with. The only non-avatar characters who had conversations with each other were those who had a strong connection from before the game's events, like Marth and Shiida, and the Whitewing sisters with each other and Minerva.

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
I still don't understand why people hate Tharja sometimes. I understand the whole creepy stalker personality isn't a thing with people, but at least you have more units to sacrifice...I mean train and use to the best of their ability.

Shaymikyu

I was meh towards Tharja at first, but she grew on me after marrying her to Libra. Their epilogue together is really sweet.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Eh, I'm a sucker for characters who try to hide being adorable. Either that, or I just have a thing for yandere or whatever you call Tharja's archetype. And I love Nohr as a daughter. (I am Chrom's Puntician)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I like Dark Magic users by default, sooooo... yeah.

Plus in terms of just an in-game play-through and stuff she is the best tome wielding, assuming no class change and crap like that, that isn't Robin. Miriel is ok and can get the job done but will generall be outclassed by Tharja because of Tharja having better Spd growth, and access to Dark Magic. Ricken is lol worthy, like really, why does a Mage have a 35 growth for Mag? Henry is kinda eh to with his 35 Mag growth but at least has has decent speed growth and he is pretty bulky for a magic user, even for a Dark Mage when compared to Tharja. Once you Lissa and/or Maribel promoted you get 2 other decent magic users, they still don't have the most desirable stat growths but considering how they start out a Stave users they are able to level up easily and fast compared to other characters (really though, why can I level up Stave users in Awakening and Shadow Dragon super easily and fast, like I can get them to max level in just a couple of chapters but stave users are such a pain to level up in PoR/RD and SS, like I can get 4 characters in the Dawn Brigade chapters to promotion before Endgame (not including Micaiah who I can also get to max level easily before end game) but I'm lucky to get Laura to level 10) which makes them prime Master Seal candidates rather early which generally balances out their somewhat iffy growths.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It would have been better if Dark Knights and Dark Fliers could actually use Dark Magic, though.

At least Aversa can with he unique skill.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I completely agree, Lady Elezir. Even though the first trailer should have set the tone of the game in way that pleased both SMT and FE fans, it shouldn't be seen as what the whole game will be. As always, you wise words of wisdom make me fall deeper in love you with you. <3

Oh, Syrek, stop making me swoon, you handsome.

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER
You know, we normally use spoilers to this kind of spoilery stuff :troll:, even if I agree it becomes kind of obvious to the player at some point.
I know the game is quite old, but there are people who haven't played it yet, whom may be interested in playing.
Well, what you expected? Luke lived his entire life holed up in a mansion, with no knowledge of the outside world, with his only affective links being pratically Van and Guy, and he damn respected and looked up to Van. He probably believed in Van with all his heart. Naivety, yes, but it was well explained in his case and plenty belivable, imo.
What I love about this game is about how he copes with all his **** ups (and he had a LOT of these until that point of the game, all with him being a stubborn jerk) and even if I have to admit he changes awfully quickly, it's still incredible to see how his character develops.

I still don't understand why people hate Tharja sometimes. I understand the whole creepy stalker personality isn't a thing with people, but at least you have more units to sacrifice...I mean train and use to the best of their ability.
Eh, I didn't have a good first impression of Tharja, at least of her supports with Robin.
Her other supports are quite sweet, though, and she can be a very thoughtful person in her own way, imo. Libra's support with her is, hands down, one of the best in the game.
Why her supports with Robin only show she being a creepy, I have no idea.

Also, @Pacack

Just thought I'd share :roll:

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
I like Dark Magic users by default, sooooo... yeah.

Plus in terms of just an in-game play-through and stuff she is the best tome wielding, assuming no class change and crap like that, that isn't Robin. Miriel is ok and can get the job done but will generall be outclassed by Tharja because of Tharja having better Spd growth, and access to Dark Magic. Ricken is lol worthy, like really, why does a Mage have a 35 growth for Mag? Henry is kinda eh to with his 35 Mag growth but at least has has decent speed growth and he is pretty bulky for a magic user, even for a Dark Mage when compared to Tharja. Once you Lissa and/or Maribel promoted you get 2 other decent magic users, they still don't have the most desirable stat growths but considering how they start out a Stave users they are able to level up easily and fast compared to other characters (really though, why can I level up Stave users in Awakening and Shadow Dragon super easily and fast, like I can get them to max level in just a couple of chapters but stave users are such a pain to level up in PoR/RD and SS, like I can get 4 characters in the Dawn Brigade chapters to promotion before Endgame (not including Micaiah who I can also get to max level easily before end game) but I'm lucky to get Laura to level 10) which makes them prime Master Seal candidates rather early which generally balances out their somewhat iffy growths.
I have no idea where you got your sources, but I think you were just RNG screwed. I don't mind if you say that Tharja is the best mage in awakening, everyone can have different opinions, but don't lie about growths. On the internet, everyone can check your "Facts".
Miriel has a 60% speed growth as a mage, exactly the same as Tharjas. This means that by the time Miriel reaches Tharja's level she will probably be faster. Miriel has seven speed at level one. Let's not forget that she also happens to come far earlier(mission 2 in comparison to mission 9) so will probably be at a much higher level then Tharja if you use her even semi-regularly. Hell, Miriel is actually considered to be one of the BEST units when it comes to Lunatic because she's fast enough to avoid being doubled regularly (and one hit killed after an hp growth or two) and able to kill all of the knights that come with the Feroxi Chapters. This means purely from an availability standpoint, Miriel can become your first lead mage, capable of destroying everything that comes at her.
I personally hate Ricken. I think he's a pain to deal with on his chapter because of how squishy he is on join time as well as his inability to double, but his speed growth and magic growth are nothing to sneeze at. He does not have a 35% magic growth. Its 55%. And his speed growth is 50%. Neither of those are that bad.
Tharja beat both Miriel and Ricken in defense by 10% growthwise but Henry beats Tharja's defense growth by 5%. Henry also has a far stronger strength growth allowing him to be the best Dark Knight,(on top of a 50% magic growth) as well as pass his awesome classpool onto physical units without gimping the children characters.
Come to think of it, Thar'ja is pretty bad when it comes to a no grind reclassing run, as her class pool includes Knight, and Archer. Two classes which need a Strength Growth and a Strength Base.
Ricken's class pool is also pretty bad if you aren't planning to grind. Cavalier and Archer are terrible unless you statboost like crazy. Sure you get Luna, but at what cost?
Henry's class pool are both physical units, but he has a 40% Strength growth. His skills also combine pretty dang well into a critical hit build, once you take a step back and see that he can stack gamble, Wrath, on top of his already high skill.
And Miriel man, she's got the best Classpool over all these mages as she's packing Dark Mage and Troubadour.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Now as a Character. I personally found it creepy that a black mage would follow someone all day, count the number of times they roll in their sleep and whatnot. Maybe you're into that stuff, I don't care. What I do care about is how Tharja uses Noire as a guinea pig. She tests out her hexes on her own daughter. Gives her runny noses, bad colds, curses her all the time; there is a reason why Noire turned out the way she is, and there is without a doubt in my mind that Thar'ja played a role in it. She has nice supports, she's has a nice heart deep down, and is shown to be willing to die for her daughter as shown in the future past but that doesn't change the fact that she makes her husband cry to sleep at night.
I mean that's the major reason why people have a problem with Tharja. She's a decent character, but she does a lot of bad things.

Shaymikyu

I got some of the Amiibos I want, but not all of them. May I join the club too?:psycho:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
They should bring back the light magic tomes for FE13.
What is an Amiibo? A miserable little pile of plastic!
But enough talk have at you!
One of these days, I'll finally play Symphony of the Night... Loved playing Rondo of Blood!:love:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Meanwhile, the exceedingly common Amiibos are all gaining a conscience and are collectively shunning every Amiibo that gets sold out in seconds out of jealously as if they were Stinky Pete.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm finally realizing why it's so hard for me to pre-order Robin

Elezir

I saw that one on the amiibo reddit, thought about sharing, but it seems that you :4greninja:'d me.:cheep:
Either way, I find this Tharja to be weirdly OOC, the comic itself is still funny, though, and incredibly believable:roll:

Also, related, be it intentional by artist's side or not.

Tis' a joke worth the @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A seal, I suppose.
Bonus because it shows the Robin amiibo situation at present moment pretty legitly.:roll:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I saw that one on the amiibo reddit, thought about sharing, but it seems that you :4greninja:'d me.:cheep:
Either way, I find this Tharja to be weirdly OOC, the comic itself is still funny, though, and incredibly believable:roll:

Also, related, be it intentional by artist's side or not.

Tis' a joke worth the @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A seal, I suppose.
Bonus because it shows the Robin amiibo situation at present moment pretty legitly.:roll:
Funny because it was the amiibo subreddit on which I found this comic, great minds think alike I guess?

Or perhaps in this case, browse the same subreddits.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:4myfriends:

"Order sent"

"Order confirmed"

"Notice of cancelation"

Never forget...

D

Deleted member

Considering the fact that amiibo pre-orders went live on April 2, her birthday, I wouldn't be surprised if she spent that day buying herself Robin amiibos.
She probably bought the other characters to have voodoo dolls for kicks.

On the topic of Tharja...
Admittedly, I do like her as a character. She does at least puts others above herself at times (as seen with sacrificing herself to protect Noire and her A-Support with Frederick) and is willing to help others (like Libra and Gregor), but she's... wicked. ...It's pretty sad that if Robin marries her, the guy she's stalking, he gets hexed on as well. :(
As a unit though, she's pretty damn good. Her other classes are definitely lacking, however.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
My favorite magic unit in Awakening was Miriel cause she critted often for me...with a 1% chance. Tharja and Henry only got meh growths the few times I used them, and I hate Maribelle and Ricken as characters to even bother (not that I like the dark mages in the game much better, but I don't outright despise them). Derp, I forgot about a good chunk of magic oriented units, I don't really like healers so I barely use Lissa and Brady, and I suppose Laurent is okay. Aversa can die in a fire for all what I care.

I still think you are an awesome Robin player if it helps (?

Last edited:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Considering the fact that amiibo pre-orders went live on April 2, her birthday, I wouldn't be surprised if she spent that day buying herself Robin amiibos.
She probably bought the other characters to have voodoo dolls for kicks.

On the topic of Tharja...
Admittedly, I do like her as a character. She does at least puts others above herself at times (as seen with sacrificing herself to protect Noire and her A-Support with Frederick) and is willing to help others (like Libra and Gregor), but she's... wicked. ...It's pretty sad that if Robin marries her, the guy she's stalking, he gets hexed on as well. :(
As a unit though, she's pretty damn good. Her other classes are definitely lacking, however.
Wait if she bought all or most of the amiibos, where does she get her funding? Seriously, if $13 isn't anything for her, what kind of nest egg is she sitting on?

On another topic, I kind of forgot about healing classes once I made my Avatar OP based god along with his children Morgan and Noire. Once the most used units were reaching max, I had no problem with the final chapters. Still I'm on Lunatic right now, but my dreams about completing it keep getting smashed by the competition. In the end, I tip the scales as Male Robin.

Also, Male My Unit certainly hates Aversa it seems. Though, I believe being called "big bwother" by someone who's clearly older than you can have that effect...

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
The exchange rate of gold is pretty darn good nowadays. One gold in Ylisse is probably has enough gold in it to buy multiple amiibos.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
The exchange rate of gold is pretty darn good nowadays. One gold in Ylisse is probably has enough gold in it to buy multiple amiibos.
Hmm, if that's true maybe marrying her could be a good idea for funds...No I shouldn't play with women's hearts. That's what being a gentlemen is about.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Favorite magic user in Awakening?

:4robinm:

DUH

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT

Apart from that, I'll have to go with Ricken. Whenever my Avatar-Lucina duo wasn't wreaking havoc everywhere, that insanely tough to kill Dark Mage Ricken and Lissa would be the next strongest thing bar Morgan.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I think the only mage I really like is Henry in Awakening, though I'm not really a fan of the pool of mages in this game compared to the rest.

Shaymikyu

For favorite magic user...

Personality-Wise: Henry
Design-Wise: Ricken
Battle-Wise: Laurent, specifically Gregor-fathered broken Sorcerer Laurent

D

Deleted member

Sage /Dark Knight
HnxKDRE.png
is the best magic user in Awakening obv.

What? No one said class changes were prohibited.~

:awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Anna wields staves.
Staves are magic.
Anna is best magic user.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ixm on a ****ing tablet and it is super annoying to do quotes, espically tryin to delete emotes. So I'm going to do the by tags.

@ Elezir Elezir I don't care much about spoiling stuff fot such an old game, if it was newer dure, but given how old it is it is just unnecessary. Anywsys I don't buy the excuse of Luke being locked to the house as a reason for him to be such an ass, totally blind to the outside world and not understanding how things work and even being guliable? Sure that makes sense but it is still no excuse to be an ass.

@ BindingShield BindingShield my facts are actually correct, technicaly, but was looking at the wrong ones. I was looking at the characters' base growths forgetting that classes added there own growths in Awakening. Derp. They weren't incorrect though, just the wrong ones. I had a blonde moment, sue me.

Shaymikyu

Oh crud, just realized, if we're counting Robin, then I change all my answers to Morgan.

Elezir

@ Elezir Elezir I don't care much about spoiling stuff fot such an old game, if it was newer dure, but given how old it is it is just unnecessary. Anywsys I don't buy the excuse of Luke being locked to the house as a reason for him to be such an ***, totally blind to the outside world and not understanding how things work and even being guliable? Sure that makes sense but it is still no excuse to be an ***.
Never said he was a jerk because of that ,exactly, only that he was naive.

Honeslty, his jerkassness could have come from a mix of him being a spoiled brat by his life in the manor, influence from his father(who was a jerk too), stubborness and other stuff. At the beginning he's not that bad, though
Also, there's the fact that he's actually 7 years old, too, and had next to none emotional support as he grew up, aside from Van, but we all know how that ended.
And yeah, I know there's that part in which he's just insufferable. It was supposed to make us hate him, just to make his transfomation more remarkable. I still felt like hitting him with a concrete wall repeatedly there, I will have to admit.

Honeslty, Luke seems to be the type of character that you either hate or love, and it's alright. Now, saying Tales of the Abyss is bad because of that is a bit too much, imo. The storyline is pretty good, one of the best in the entire series, I dare say, and the game still has plenty of likeable characters there.

About the spoilers, I just think it's courtesy to put this kind of stuff in spoilers. This thread isn't in a Tales of forum, and even in those people are warned about spoilers beforehand, heck, even in gamefaqs, of all places, users hide spoilers. It doesn't matter if the game is old or not, there are people who haven't played it yet.
Let's not forget that Tales of the Abyss got a 3DS port rather recently, too.

So, no spoilers, pwease.:cheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom