• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sorry, it just reminds me of FNAF

I don't like FNAF ;-;

But that is the point of :4littlemac:. He is cheap as ****

And that is barely of the reason why I love him so much :laugh:.

Everyone you are versing are just wusses.
Being told my avatar reminds them of FNAF is more than enough of a reason to get me to switch avatars

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Everyone has gamestyles that they don't like. I for one can't stand Animal Crossing and Starfox and Megaman.

It only becomes an issue when people then start attacking others for liking what they don't. Same old story, really.
wise words (also funny coincidence that I'm not a fan of those 3 series either, although I do like the first Megaman X game and the fourth to an extent)
Being told my avatar reminds them of FNAF is more than enough of a reason to get me to switch avatars
I can't believe that thing is getting a movie

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The only game style I can't stand is horror type games.

I can pretty much enjoy any other type of game, even if only for a little bit before I start getting bored.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So after playing some Punch-Out, I wanted to go on smash 4 and play some :4littlemac:online...

I couldn't get two matches against someone, with everyone leaving after the first match. Even the guys who beat my Mac didn't stick around. I feel kinda bad/cheap for using him, but I like how he plays and I enjoy his character. That and I actually try to avoid using my KO punch if I have it.

My initial plans for online tonight were play :4littlemac:then switch to:4robinm:. Alas I couldn't show off my :4robinm:since everyone hates :4littlemac:
Wait people actually think Little Mac is cheap and they just leave?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
wise words (also funny coincidence that I'm not a fan of those 3 series either, although I do like the first Megaman X game and the fourth to an extent)

It's getting WHAT?!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I'm neutral toward FNAF (though I think it worked better without the lore- sometimes, less is more and as TV Tropes says, nothing is scarier, and explaining things can take away some of the fear), but I can't see it working as a movie. A short film, maybe, but not a full length movie.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm kind of guilty of this - the deluge of scrubby Macs in the early days of FG pretty much ruined him for me. I've a bit more respect for him after actually playing Punch-Out, and because all the scrubs looking for an easy win now pick Diddy (just six more days...), but I wouldn't be surprised if that early negative image remains for a lot of other players.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I mean, back when they were first released, while I think they did better than the Persona 2 duology, P3 and 4 were still pretty small and niche outside Japan, it wasn't until the anime that it got big, and while I'm sure some people legitimately aren't a fan of the games design and mechanics, it seems a good chunk of people grew their hipsters self to hate on the games (unless they're P1 and 2 because for some reason those games are exceptions to the rule). I think the worst I've seen is people that originally liked P3 and 4, never played a mainline SMT game, and still proceeded to claim them as superior, how stupid can you get?
That asides, I don't really get Persona from the SMTxFE trailer, as some have pointed out, it reminds me more of a NIS game.
Actually, that's pretty accurate. I only got the Persona feels after I read some commentaries and rewatched the trailer a second time.
Aside from that, it could be the graphics, since the engine in this game seems to be the same as Persona 5. Modern Tokyo used as setting, shadow enemies and (?)teenagers for protagonists, though I saw no traces of High School/Students, which were present in most Personas.

I just looked up those games, and some of the main series SMT games. Devil Summoner and the Tales games look more like my sort of thing - the main SMT games looked kind of boring in comparison (even "Dante from the Devil May Cry series" couldn't make it interesting for me).

This is only based on a few videos of battles, though - I'm sure there's plenty more to them than that.
I figured you would:roll:
Devil Summoner is a really good game, imo, so you should try it out if you can. Be aware, though, encouters in this game are random.
"Tales of" is a weird case, imo. Some games there are really good, while other are...'meh', in my personal experiece.
All have more or less the same battle system, though. (can't say much for the newer ones, though, since I haven't played them)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm kind of guilty of this - the deluge of scrubby Macs in the early days of FG pretty much ruined him for me. I've a bit more respect for him after actually playing Punch-Out, and because all the scrubs looking for an easy win now pick Diddy (just six more days...), but I wouldn't be surprised if that early negative image remains for a lot of other players.
Git gud srab
8SD2MBE.png

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Little Mac is cheap though.

Most of the other McDonalds burgers cost way more.

Oh wait, you meant the other Little Mac?

Easy to play around. And once he's off stage, well, he's very likely dying.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm neutral toward FNAF (though I think it worked better without the lore- sometimes, less is more and as TV Tropes says, nothing is scarier, and explaining things can take away some of the fear), but I can't see it working as a movie. A short film, maybe, but not a full length movie.
I don't care for FNAF as games, they are short and rely on a cheap manner to make player feel some sort of fear (the jump scares), that being said, I enjoyed watching some of my subscriptions play through the game, and I found the lore of the first 2 games enjoyable due to how ambiguous it was. The third game was kind of a bore to watch and the way it solved things was pretty underwhelming, kinda liked it better when the other games left us wondering than how things were supposedly explained and resolved at the end.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Am I the only one who thinks Diddy is one of the better characters to be top tier?
He runs on fundamentals rather than some bs janktastic move (not to say that banana isn't bs but still)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just looked up those games, and some of the main series SMT games. Devil Summoner and the Tales games look more like my sort of thing - the main SMT games looked kind of boring in comparison (even "Dante from the Devil May Cry series" couldn't make it interesting for me).

This is only based on a few videos of battles, though - I'm sure there's plenty more to them than that.
To be honest, i would really recommend the main series too.
The characters might not be too interesting, i agree, but the setting, themes, music, and overall presentation of those games are amazing. Even from the gameplay department, the demon fusion system is incredibly addicting and encourages a lot of experimentation, wich can go a long way from grinding to beat a certain boss to just having the right demons to fight it.
If you can ever try either Nocturne or SMT IV, i would recommend you give it a go.

Elezir

That's funny, because I don't think Little Mac is cheap by any means.
His terrible recovery can used so much against him. Make him fall off stage, and throw a well placed/timed Elwind/Book/Pk Thunder in his direction and he's done for.

...Actually, never mind. Sometimes just making him fall off stage is enough.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I enjoyed the Persona series quite a bit, with Persona 3 being one of my top favorite games. I have tried my hand at a few SMT games like SMT IV and Demon Summoner: Soul Hackers. I had fun with them, but my issue with them is that they felt too grind heavy for me. I can see why people think Persona is bringing a bad rep to the SMT series with all the ridiculous spin-offs it's gotten/has planned.

I'm a sucker for games that try to change they way I look at things. Games like Persona, TWEWY, and Tales of the Abyss all had some meaning underneath them which really made me think about things. I love it when a game makes me think about stuff.

Overall I'm still looking towards SMT x FE even if it's not at all what I was expecting.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
They need to buff Meta Knight. A LOT. He should be top tier again in my opinion. In his own god tier. Meta Knight is love. Meta Knight is Life. IAmMetaKnight. I AM LOVE. I AM LIFE. I AM YOUR GOD. SUBMIT.

JK. But he still needs buffs... he might even become my main main again.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
That's funny, because I don't think Little Mac is cheap by any means.
His terrible recovery can used so much against him. Make him fall off stage, and throw a well placed/timed Elwind/Book/Pk Thunder in his direction and he's done for.
That's exactly why it's ridiculous that people STILL think he's cheap

All you need to do is a fthrow/bthrow near the ledge at 50% and unless your character has a very weak throw like Sheik, he's dead. Heck you can even throw him off stage at 0% and hit him with an aerial and he most likely won't be able to get back

rip mac

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
That's exactly why it's ridiculous that people STILL think he's cheap

All you need to do is a fthrow/bthrow near the ledge at 50% and unless your character has a very weak throw like Sheik, he's dead. Heck you can even throw him off stage at 0% and hit him with an aerial and he most likely won't be able to get back

rip mac
I could not resist, the gif was asking for it sorry Raziek

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
If you can ever try either Nocturne or SMT IV, i would recommend you give it a go.
Just to warn you @ Moydow Moydow that Nocturne is one of the more harder SMT mainline games. I don't have much experience with it but nonetheless it can be difficult. I would recommend trying out IV or even Strange Journey first if you have the option to.

To put things into perspective, I once died at the second scripted battle from the enemy getting a crit on me, twice. In a row.

(And no, you aren't supposed to lose in that fight.)

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Those are actually the two I looked up :p I just looked at a couple of battles (Dante was one, don't remember the others), but what I saw didn't really interest me. I didn't really look at anything outside of the battles though, so maybe there's something for me in the other parts of the games.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Completely irrelevant to everything we're talking about but this just popped up in my Facebook news feed:

"Of course you can."
/Engage the Enemy starts playing

D

Deleted member

I don't know why people freak out over Lil' Mac. He's puny. I've actually fought a few (by which I mean a LOT) Little Macs on For Glory, and I don't see why people are THAT intimidated by him. Maybe it's because I'm just so damn good with our patron saint. :4robinm:
The thing with Little Mac is that his match-ups are either get recked or be recked; there is rarely an in-between.
Little Mac can be scary under the use of a professional who knows how to utilize his super armor effectively. He also gives some characters an extremely hard time... (I fear Mac as Luigi).

Still, Little Mac can be fun to play as. I fought a Mr. Game & Watch today as Little Mac and I was at high percent, he was at low at 22%. I got my KO Punch ready, he was retreating with Chef, he was next to the ledge spamming the move, and BOOYAH! I KO Punched him. He was so stunned that he didn't so as well for the rest of the match. :p

I did fight a Little Mac as Robin and I did fairly well... but my opponent was being a jerk by constantly ducking and taunting me. I lost the match, but it was very close. I left immediately after and I blocked him because I don't respect players like that.

On the topic of Little Mac and For Glory, Mac wasn't killed for me. I still love playing as him. However, I had a lot of trouble against him with Luigi and, as a result, I developed a hatred for fighting against Little Mac...
Now, I love any single video that mocks Little Mac. I hate to see a character that I do like be degraded as a joke... but at the same time, I find his mockery to be hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_pDitrfSc&spfreload=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6wwQTJWBsg&spfreload=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-dprw8-lY&spfreload=10

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Just to warn you @ Moydow Moydow that Nocturne is one of the more harder SMT mainline games. I don't have much experience with it but nonetheless it can be difficult. I would recommend trying out IV or even Strange Journey first if you have the option to.

To put things into perspective, I once died at the second scripted battle from the enemy getting a crit on me, twice. In a row.

(And no, you aren't supposed to lose in that fight.)
I actually didn't find Nocturne too bad...on Normal, Hard was a paaaaaaain though, I have yet to beat the true final boss (which I admittedly didn't do in normal cause I didn't complete the required dungeon for it). I had a harder time with SMTIV during my first time despite being more accessible, I hate crowd battles so much.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
The thing with Little Mac is that his match-ups are either get recked or be recked; there is rarely an in-between.
Little Mac can be scary under the use of a professional who knows how to utilize his super armor effectively. He also gives some characters an extremely hard time... (I fear Mac as Luigi).

Still, Little Mac can be fun to play as. I fought a Mr. Game & Watch today as Little Mac and I was at high percent, he was at low at 22%. I got my KO Punch ready, he was retreating with Chef, he was next to the ledge spamming the move, and BOOYAH! I KO Punched him. He was so stunned that he didn't so as well for the rest of the match. :p

I did fight a Little Mac as Robin and I did fairly well... but my opponent was being a jerk by constantly ducking and taunting me. I lost the match, but it was very close. I left immediately after and I blocked him because I don't respect players like that.

On the topic of Little Mac and For Glory, Mac wasn't killed for me. I still love playing as him. However, I had a lot of trouble against him with Luigi and, as a result, I developed a hatred for fighting against Little Mac...
Now, I love any single video that mocks Little Mac. I hate to see a character that I do like be degraded as a joke... but at the same time, I find his mockery to be hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_pDitrfSc&spfreload=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6wwQTJWBsg&spfreload=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-dprw8-lY&spfreload=10
I don't think he was OP to begin with. I did fight LM quite a lot as Marth in addition to Robin, I did about as good.

P.S. did you vote Bandanna Dee instead of Magolor? WHY?!

Elezir

So many taunted poor Little Mac after he fell to his death.:c
I think it's just...mean. It's ok to taunt if you pulled an awesome combo and killed the opponent yourself, imo.
Now, taunting because the opponent just fell to his death is...meh.
Even more when you know Little Mac's recovery is bad.

I actually didn't find Nocturne too bad...on Normal, Hard was a paaaaaaain though, I have yet to beat the true final boss (which I admittedly didn't do in normal cause I didn't complete the required dungeon for it). I had a harder time with SMTIV during my first time despite being more accessible, I hate crowd battles so much.
:cheep:
Labyrinth of Amala is ok on Normal.
On Hard, I'd say it's on levels of FE:A Lunatic+, particulary some of the asshole bosses and latter parts of the dungeons itself. The rest of the game pales in comparision.
I'm never going to do that dungeon.ever.again on hard, obviously.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Everyone has gamestyles that they don't like. I for one can't stand Animal Crossing and Starfox and Megaman.

It only becomes an issue when people then start attacking others for liking what they don't. Same old story, really.
For the longest time I absolutely HATED turn-based RPGs. I couldn't stand the idea of not being able to control my characters movements in a real-time setting. Even now the only TBRPGs I really enjoy are Pokemon, and only just recently, Fire Emblem. Yet I still definitively prefer real-time RPG games like Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, or just straight action games such as Devil May Cry (original, not the lame reboot) and Dynasty Warriors. Speaking of, you gave us Hyrule Warriors Nintendo, now you must bring us Fire Emblem Warriors! IT IS YOUR DESTINY! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
"Tales of" is a weird case, imo. Some games there are really good, while other are...'meh', in my personal experiece.
All have more or less the same battle system, though. (can't say much for the newer ones, though, since I haven't played them)
curious, which Tales games do you like?
I enjoyed Symphonia and loved Vesperia, but I haven't cared for the new games since.
:cheep:
Labyrinth of Amala is ok on Normal.
On Hard, I'd say it's on levels of FE:A Lunatic+, particulary some of the ******* bosses and latter parts of the dungeons itself. The rest of the game pales in comparision.
I'm never going to do that dungeon.ever.again on hard, obviously.
I literally had to grind a Loa to learn debilitate just to stand a chance against Beelzebub, god damn that fly was tough. Didn't have much of a problem after that.

Last edited:

Elezir

curious, which Tales games do you like?
I enjoyed Symphonia and loved Vesperia, but I haven't cared for the new games since.
I like Phantasia for Nostalgia purposes, as it was the first Tales of game I played.
Aside that, Symphonia as you mentioned is pretty good, and Tales of the Abyss was simply divine, imo.
I did play Destiny, too, but it was just "ok" for me;
I didn't like Legendia, Innocence and Tempest at all, though.:roll:

:sadsheep:I wanted to play Vesperia, but no console or emulator for that one.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Looking back at the direct trailer of FE14, i suppose it didn't stand out to me as much as the story at first, but that main theme is just amazing, i've been listening to it hours now. I'm seriously hyped for this game beyond belief, and i think i'll be doing Hoshido first and then Nohr myself.
Also the class of Kamui, is he/she actually a lord? Or is it supposed to be another class?

Last edited:

Elezir

I literally had to grind a Loa to learn debilitate just to stand a chance against Beelzebub, god damn that fly was tough. Didn't have much of a problem after that.
Maybe it was my bad luck, but I ran into a lot of random enemies with Hell Gaze in the dungeon, and of course they used the damn insta death spell.

Looking back at the direct trailer of FE14, i suppose it didn't stand out to me as much as the story at first, but that main theme is just amazing, i've been listening to it hours now. I'm seriously hyped for this game beyond belief, and i think i'll be doing Hoshido first and then Nohr myself.
Also the class of Kamui, is he/she actually a lord? Or is it supposed to be another class?
Kamui's class is called Dark Prince(Male) in the trailer.
If I recall it correctly, this class appeared in Thracia 776. I think it was Julius unique class.
Obviously, though, it's pretty different from there.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For the longest time I absolutely HATED turn-based RPGs. I couldn't stand the idea of not being able to control my characters movements in a real-time setting. Even now the only TBRPGs I really enjoy are Pokemon, and only just recently, Fire Emblem. Yet I still definitively prefer real-time RPG games like Kingdom Hearts, Tales of, or just straight action games such as Devil May Cry (original, not the lame reboot) and Dynasty Warriors.
I think this sums up my opinion as well. I much prefer actually being in control of your character, instead of just picking set actions and watching them carry it out.

I suppose FE is like that too, but I find that the strategy element adds enough to it to make it interesting. Also, I don't really get as much of a sense of danger in an RPG where HP numbers run into the thousands, but attacks only do a fraction of that in damage, but in FE there's always the possibility of a critical hit that will kill your character dead in a single strike, and render all your hard work raising that unit void.

Last edited:

Elezir

Oh yeah, since we were talking about Little Mac and I just found...this...vid, I decided to share it here.:happysheep:

Imagine if it becomes a thing.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759

Me with Pokemon. Though, when others are talking about it, I let them have their fun. Pokemon just doesn't appeal to me for some reason...

I remember looking up some gameplay footage of Radiant Dawn back in 2008 knowing almost next to nothing about Fire Emblem and what I saw wasn't very appealing to me then, as I wasn't really into turn-based games. (Paper Mario as an exception)
Here I am in 2015 enjoying that game.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I actually prefer turn-based combat. It takes less reacting time and lets me really think about my moves. I've only recently really opened up to more real time RPGs.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
My brother is a spitting image of Mac's Super Punch-Out!! alt, and even has the jersey, shorts, and gloves to match. I just need to get my Robin cosplay going so we just screw around and have real-live fake Smash matches at tournaments and cons and such.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I had Tales of the Abyss at one point on the 3DS. I actually got to the final boss, I mean Van is the finall boss right (?), before I, all of a sudden, just stopped playing and lost total interest and ended up selling it. I ended up buying the game again later hoping to get back into it but I just couldn't get back into it and ended up selling it again. I keep thinking about getting the game again for a third time but I just don't see the point when I can't seem to get to get into it.

I think it has something to do with how the first half of the game goes. It was really annoying having to play the story from the prespective of Luke in the first half and I even almost quit on my first playthrough when it was super ****ing obvious that Luke was playing right into Van's hands and I actually had to send Luke there myself.

I'm normally able to form sympathy stuff for characters that ebd up playing into the puppeteer's hand, like Terra in Kingdom Hearts, but damn Luke gets no sympathy from me and I dislike playing as the main character when I am going into a super obvious trap, that isn't done in a funny way, and is obviously going to have dire consequences,

Top Bottom