• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Anywho, it might be a bit early to tell but I wanted to ask, do you guys have a favorite character design from FEIf so far? I think I'd go with Hinoka out of what was shown so far
I have to go with Kamui so far. Their designs in general are pretty cool and you can't go wrong with turning into a freaking dragon.
My other two choices would be that cute Myrmidon girl and Lobster Lord.

I knew McDonald's was associated with Satan in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Just throwing this out there: I just watched the GameXplain analysis for SMT X FE and I've completely changed my view on it now. It looks amazing and I can't wait to buy it. Don't base your opinion off of seeing something only one time, guys. I'm so glad I watched that analysis because I probably would have ignored the game otherwise

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
@ Moydow Moydow :roll:

@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 , indeed, I will continue to follow notices about this. even if the chances of me actually playing it is extremely slim, even if I was completely hyped, 'cause no Wii U
Even if the first trailer is important for first impressions, it shouldn't be seen as the final game, in no way.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Just throwing this out there: I just watched the GameXplain analysis for SMT X FE and I've completely changed my view on it now. It looks amazing and I can't wait to buy it. Don't base your opinion off of seeing something only one time, guys. I'm so glad I watched that analysis because I probably would have ignored the game otherwise
I watched the trailer twice on the same night it was released, I'll judge the game as we find more about it, but I'm still not bought on it (and I'm not a fan of gamexplain to watch their analysis).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Here's what I think:

An art style shouldn't turn people off of an anticipated game they were about to give up hope on because there was no information given. If something as mundane as the art style drives you away from it, I don't know what to say.

Give it a chance.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
@ Moydow Moydow :roll:

@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 , indeed, I will continue to follow notices about this. even if the chances of me actually playing it is extremely slim, even if I was completely hyped, 'cause no Wii U
Even if the first trailer is important for first impressions, it shouldn't be seen as the final game, in no way.
I really hope that they eventually translate ace attorney investigations 2, but it most likely will never happen. Some fans might eventually though.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Here's what I think:

An art style shouldn't turn people off of an anticipated game they were about to give up hope on because there was no information given. If something as mundane as the art style drives you away from it, I don't know what to say.

Give it a chance.
Oh yeah. It's TOTALLY the art style that turned me off. *sarcasm*

I don't think the art style turned anybody I know away, either.

It's the fact that the game has nothing to do with FE.

Last edited:

Elezir

I really hope that they eventually translate ace attorney investigations 2, but it most likely will never happen. Some fans might eventually though.
There's already a fan translation for the game.
and it's pretty good, too, I'd say.
here.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh yeah. It's TOTALLY the art style that turned me off. *sarcasm*

I don't think the art style turned anybody I know away, either.
Complaints I've seen elsewhere included the art style making everyone from FE look 'not themselves'.

Not that that it represents anyone here, little plush Dialga, but it's still something to note.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Complaints I've seen elsewhere included the art style making everyone from FE look 'not themselves'.

Not that that it represents anyone here, little plush Dialga, but it's still something to note.
I'm pretty sure that complaint is too obscure to note anywhere. Otherwise, I'm sure I would've heard it by now.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Elezir

I'm pretty sure that complaint is too obscure to note anywhere. Otherwise, I'm sure I would've heard it by now.
The general complaints from the FE fans are here.
The forum for the SMT fans is here.

Huh, I just noticed it now, but most complaints comes from the FE side, rather than the SMT fans.

Edit: Nvm, the complaints start on pages 6-7;p Yeah, the two fanbases are complaining.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Awesome. I think you might be able to get everyone if you use this.

And if that fails, you this.

If you're going to use the bottom pic, please slap my icon on Owain so it looks like I'm preaching St. Garon's message.
kinda hoping @Zantetsugun does a version of one of these pics with our avatars slapped into it like the last one for fun, no pressure of course:147:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
If you guys haven't watched the SMT X FE analysis and would like to, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4XXLVKS0Y
Maybe it'll change your mind like it did mine~
I watched that the second it came out. I watched it with hope. But that hope quickly died when I realized the sad truth - that this is just a Persona game with "Fire Emblem" slapped on the title. I was expecting this to be one of two trailers, with this one showing off the Persona-ish side to the game, and the new one showing the FE stuffs. But I realized that that's not what they intended to do at all. This is a "crossover" that has 99% percent in common with the first title, (if you consider Persona a SMT game) and then a little nod or bit of content from the other. This is not a crossover. It's a persona game with Fire Emblem characters. Unless I was wrong, and they DO release a second gameplay trailer showcasing the FE side to the game. But other than that tiny flicker of a spark, the hope I had for this game died long ago.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's the fact that the game has nothing to do with FE.
Anyone expecting a midevial type setting were setting their hopes to be crushed since that one interview that talked about an FE in modern times and how that was the goal for SMTxFE, or so ething along those lines.

I'm just putting that out there right now.

Plus we don't know what the story is going to be like, and besides going by the Japanese title it uses what is used for the Persona titles in Japane I believe with #FE slapped on the end and SMTxFE is just a place holder for us.

I admit the trailer wasn't quite what I was expecting, as I was expevting more SMT with a lot of FE references rather then more Persona like in design with a lot of FE references, and probably SMT references as well, but then it made sense when I found out the name for the Japanese title.

That all said, I am still impressed by all the FE references, both subtle and obvious, made despit the moder setting.

I'm still interested in the game, and it looks pretty cool/good, but still need more info before I pass my own judgment on it.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I watched that the second it came out. I watched it with hope. But that hope quickly died when I realized the sad truth - that this is just a Persona game with "Fire Emblem" slapped on the title. I was expecting this to be one of two trailers, with this one showing of the Persona-ish side to the game, and the new one showing the FE stuffs. But I realized that that's not what they intended to do at all. This is a "crossover" that has 99% percent in common with the first title, (if you consider Persona a SMT game) and then a little nod or bit of content from the other. This is not a crossover. It's a persona game with Fire Emblem characters. Unless I was wrong, and they DO release a second gameplay trailer showcasing the FE side to the game. But other than that tiny flicker of a spark, the hope I had for this game died long ago.
I'm glad you at least tried to understand and like it. It's perfectly fine for you not to like it; I appreciate you looking at it more than once and then deciding your opinion instead of brushing it off immediately

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Anyone expecting a midevial type setting were setting their hopes to be crushed since that one interview that talked about an FE in modern times and how that was the goal for SMTxFE, or so ething along those lines.

I'm just putting that out there right now.

Plus we don't know what the story is going to be like, and besides going by the Japanese title it uses what is used for the Persona titles in Japane I believe with #FE slapped on the end and SMTxFE is just a place holder for us.

I admit the trailer wasn't quite what I was expecting, as I was expevting more SMT with a lot of FE references rather then more Persona like in design with a lot of FE references, and probably SMT references as well, but then it made sense when I found out the name for the Japanese title.

That all said, I am still impressed by all the FE references, both subtle and obvious, made despit the moder setting.

I'm still interested in the game, and it looks pretty cool/good, but still need more info before I pass my own judgment on it.
I wasn't expecting a medieval setting at all. What's disappointing to me is the fact that whatever Fire Emblem content this game has is SO subtle, that I couldn't even find it when I tried. Only when the Analysis Machine looked into this game at maximum power was the FE content discovered. Again. I'm happy for all you Persona fans who would love nothing more than a Persona game that has the occasional Fire Emblem character or reference. But as of the moment, there is no chance I'm even considering buying this game.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So after playing some Punch-Out, I wanted to go on smash 4 and play some :4littlemac:online...

I couldn't get two matches against someone, with everyone leaving after the first match. Even the guys who beat my Mac didn't stick around. I feel kinda bad/cheap for using him, but I like how he plays and I enjoy his character. That and I actually try to avoid using my KO punch if I have it.

My initial plans for online tonight were play :4littlemac:then switch to:4robinm:. Alas I couldn't show off my :4robinm:since everyone hates :4littlemac:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've never even played Persona vefore, tbh. I just know of there series design from looking at boxes and pics of the games I've seen people post before.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So after playing some Punch-Out, I wanted to go on smash 4 and play some :4littlemac:online...

I couldn't get two matches against someone, with everyone leaving after the first match. Even the guys who beat my Mac didn't stick around. I feel kinda bad/cheap for using him, but I like how he plays and I enjoy his character. That and I actually try to avoid using my KO punch if I have it.

My initial plans for online tonight were play :4littlemac:then switch to:4robinm:. Alas I couldn't show off my :4robinm:since everyone hates :4littlemac:
Just do :4robinm: and then switch to :4littlemac:. Simple.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ah its Rugby Shirt Secret Shore version.

:crying:
Sorry, it just reminds me of FNAF

I don't like FNAF ;-;

But that is the point of :4littlemac:. He is cheap as ****

And that is barely of the reason why I love him so much :laugh:.

Everyone you are versing are just wusses.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Oh wow, I didn't know they translated the entire game. Last time I checked the most anyone had translated was the first chapter, but I think that was around a year or more ago. I generally dislike playing against little macs. I feel that since he is so fast, and only so many options a lot of the match is just trying to read him. When I play Robin sometimes I have problems reacting/reading fast enough.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm still not sure how the guy in the GameXplain video connected the pegasus knight girl to Shiida, beyond them both being pegasus knights.

I'm surprised the guy didn't spend long talking about Gangrel and Aversa - I guess he can't read Japanese?

The video was an interesting watch though, lots of information and theories to mull over in there.

It looks like the battle system is turn-based (as in games like Golden Sun), or some variant thereof, which is a con in my book - I was never a huge fan of turn-based battle systems anyway, and after playing games like Xenoblade and The Last Story, I'm even less interested in them. What are battles like in the main SMT games?

Elezir

I'm still not sure how the guy in the GameXplain video connected the pegasus knight girl to Shiida, beyond them both being pegasus knights.

I'm surprised the guy didn't spend long talking about Gangrel and Aversa - I guess he can't read Japanese?

The video was an interesting watch though, lots of information and theories to mull over in there.

It looks like the battle system is turn-based (as in games like Golden Sun), or some variant thereof, which is a con in my book - I was never a huge fan of turn-based battle systems anyway, and after playing games like Xenoblade and The Last Story, I'm even less interested in them. What are battles like in the main SMT games?
Devil Survivor has a mix of SRPG with Turns. Just see a gameplay vid and you'll understand.
But SMT in general is completely turn-based, with a variant here and there on how you summon demons/personas and other minor stuff.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I didn't realize anybody was looking forward to SMT x FE. Mind. Blown.
Here's what I think:

Give it a chance.
People are just thrown off by the atmosphere of it, i mean the main SMT games always take place in a modern Tokyo, but usually in a sort of uninviting setting, like after apocalypse or something. However they are going with a style more similar to the SMT spin offs, such as Persona, Devil Survivor and Strange Journey, wich isn't bad, but the very first teaser had hinted at a main series crossover.
Now with that said, the game does look very promising and it's, along with Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U, one of the most ambitious projects for the Wii U.
However you can tell from that trailer that the style of the game just isn't what people were expecting at all, it's different, and it's only natural that people are thrown off by it, after all, a first impression is always very important.

They're just a bunch of pansies :4falcon:

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
People are just thrown off by the atmosphere of it, i mean the main SMT games always take place in a modern Tokyo, but usually in a sort of uninviting setting, like after apocalypse or something. However they are going with a style more similar to the SMT spin offs, such as Persona, Devil Survivor and Strange Journey, wich isn't bad, but the very first teaser had hinted at a main series crossover.
Now with that said, the game does look very promising and it's, along with Xenoblade Chronicles X and Zelda U, one of the most ambitious projects for the Wii U.
However you can tell from that trailer that the style of the game just isn't what people were expecting at all, it's different, and it's only natural that people are thrown off by it, after all, a first impression is always very important.

They're just a bunch of pansies :4falcon:
I don't know why people freak out over Lil' Mac. He's puny. I've actually fought a few (by which I mean a LOT) Little Macs on For Glory, and I don't see why people are THAT intimidated by him. Maybe it's because I'm just so damn good with our patron saint. :4robinm:

Elezir

Granted, Devil Survivor's Tokyo isn't exactly pleasant, as it is in the middle of a demon apocalypse of sorts.
and Strange Journey isn't set in Tokyo by any means, rather inside a "mysterious blackhole in the South Pole".
Strange Journey is actually pretty close with it's SMT mainline feels, imo.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

Turn based usually using a press-turn system, hit an enemy with their weakness or a crit and you get an extra move/only spend half a turn, miss or hit something they null/repel/absorb and you'll lose them (with repel absorb consuming all of your turns from what I remmeber, whereas missing and blocking only makes you lose 2). I think the only games that weren't turn based were the Raidou games, but I've never played them so I can't speak for them.

Elezir

Turn based usually using a press-turn system, hit an enemy with their weakness or a crit and you get an extra move/only spend half a turn, miss or hit something they null/repel/absorb and you'll lose them (with repel absorb consuming all of your turns from what I remmeber, whereas missing and blocking only makes you lose 2). I think the only games that weren't turn based were the Raidou games, but I've never played them so I can't speak for them.
Oh yeah, Devil Summoner is more action based, kinda similar to how "Tales of" works.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
The general complaints from the FE fans are here.
The forum for the SMT fans is here.

Huh, I just noticed it now, but most complaints comes from the FE side, rather than the SMT fans.

Edit: Nvm, the complaints start on pages 6-7;p Yeah, the two fanbases are complaining.
The amount of hate Persona seems to get lately from such things is kind of depressing me tbh, I guess I should stay away from the SMT community as it doesn't look very nice if these threads are anything to go by. That being said, I liked this post as it reminded me of this thread for...reasons

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

1930-2015

He will be sorely missed among the cricketing world. His work was simply

Marvellous!
:crying::cry:

On another sad note, I went into Big W today to have a look around the Nintendo game section. I saw couple ambos like Link, Mario, Pikachu DK and Mario Party 10 ones. Then I looked at the games and saw one copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for New ads.

:crying:

I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh yeah, Devil Summoner is more action based, kinda similar to how "Tales of" works.
I just looked up those games, and some of the main series SMT games. Devil Summoner and the Tales games look more like my sort of thing - the main SMT games looked kind of boring in comparison (even "Dante from the Devil May Cry series" couldn't make it interesting for me).

This is only based on a few videos of battles, though - I'm sure there's plenty more to them than that.

Elezir

The amount of hate Persona seems to get lately from such things is kind of depressing me tbh, I guess I should stay away from the SMT community as it doesn't look very nice if these threads are anything to go by. That being said, I liked this post as it reminded me of this thread for...reasons
Ikr.
I can understand why people are upset with that trailer, it doesn't really has anything that would make me think that it's a crossover game (The FE stuff still seems more like easter eggs than anything for me), and, for now, it seems to lack the SMT atmosphere. It was all made worse by that preview they gave fans back in 2013.
I'm still feeling a bit torn, myself, when it comes to that trailer, but I'll continue to seek the crossover's notices.

But pinning the blame on Persona and saying it's a series made only to attract weeabos/otakus is going overboard.
I personally don't like the dungeon crawling of Persona, but aside that, it has interesting premises storywise and the J-pop culture references are nice, imo. I know I had fun with the Persona games so far (well, P1 camera had me a bit annoyed, though).

Also, don't start a Sonic OC war again, pwease.:cry:

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Ikr.
I can understand why people are upset with that trailer, it doesn't really has anything that would make me think that it's a crossover game (The FE stuff still seems more like easter eggs than anything for me), and, for now, it seems to lack the SMT atmosphere. It was all made worse by that preview they gave fans back in 2013.
I'm still feeling a bit torn, myself, when it comes to that railer, but I'll continue to seek the crossover's notices.

But pinning the blame on Persona and saying it's a series made only to attract weeabos/otakus is going overboard.
I personally don't like the dungeon crawling of Persona, but aside that, it has interesting premises storywise and the J-pop culture references are nice, imo. I know I had fun with the Persona games so far (well, P1 camera had me a bit annoyed, though).
This is essentially what I was thinking. I don't really blame it on Persona at all. I blame it on Atlus for trying to mooch off of the sudden success of Fire Emblem, and Nintendo for giving them the rights and resources to do so.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Ikr.
I'm still feeling a bit torn, myself, when it comes to that trailer, but I'll continue to seek the crossover's notices.

I mean, back when they were first released, while I think they did better than the Persona 2 duology, P3 and 4 were still pretty small and niche outside Japan, it wasn't until the anime that it got big, and while I'm sure some people legitimately aren't a fan of the games design and mechanics, it seems a good chunk of people grew their hipsters self to hate on the games (unless they're P1 and 2 because for some reason those games are exceptions to the rule). I think the worst I've seen is people that originally liked P3 and 4, never played a mainline SMT game, and still proceeded to claim them as superior, how stupid can you get?
That asides, I don't really get Persona from the SMTxFE trailer, as some have pointed out, it reminds me more of a NIS game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Everyone has gamestyles that they don't like. I for one can't stand Animal Crossing and Starfox and Megaman.

It only becomes an issue when people then start attacking others for liking what they don't. Same old story, really.

Top Bottom