• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Was not planning on getting all of the DLC today but I caved and this picture describes it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Alright, last one for me. Gotta eat, haha.

Fun games @ Raziek Raziek ! I think we both learned something crazy about :4feroy: and :4ryu: today.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Reggie with that option select: "Well I spend 16 hours a day running a company. You spend 16 hours a day play smash." Lol. Love the friendly trash talk.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Found out about this today

So happy that I thought this was a thing. Turns out it was a fake. ;-;

Anyway, patch 1.0.8, any buffs to Robin?

Not anymore

:4dedede:
Oh, that was confirmed fake? Sorry about that. Blue got so excited for it, too...

Anyway, Robin appears to be unchanged with this patch, so it looks like we made it out alive. Others weren't so lucky...

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The amount of lag I'm experiencing for NWC is ungodly.

I swear it gets worse as the event goes on. At least Hungrybox vs Reggie was funny.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
The amount of lag I'm experience for NWC is ungodly.

I swear it gets worse as the event goes on. At least Hungrybox vs Reggie was funny.
Yeah, I had to lower the quality a bit on my end. NWC also reminding me just how sadistic old school Mario was sometimes.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Congratulations to John Numbers for bringing it home! But man I felt bad for Cosmo. :sadsheep:
He got bodied pretty hard on that last level of Super Mario Maker.

"I AM COMPLETELY CLENCHED!"

D

Deleted member

Found this gem on Bad Miiverse Posts.
Ryu seems to be ridiculous. I bet he will be scary under the hands of a person who masters him. I can't use him for the life of me. I think he is going to be top tier, probably even top 5.

:4falcon:: "I've had it with these god damn Animu Swordsmen in this god damn game!"

Edit* So I've been playing For Glory (with mah boy :4feroy:) on the 3DS for a bit here, and I haven't come across a SINGLE DLC Character! Is the E-shop still in that bad of shape, or is everyone training the new characters offline? Or does nobody buy the 3DS DLC? I is confused! :psycho:
I fought only one Ryu in FG... and he was pretty bad. I saved a replay.
In For Fun, it was a different story. There was one match where I was Lucas and I fought a Roy and a Ryu, along with a random Pac-Man.

Not anything Ryu, Roy or Lucas related, but I laughed.:roll:

HE'S ALIVE!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Ryu seems to be ridiculous. I bet he will be scary under the hands of a person who masters him. I can't use him for the life of me. I think he is going to be top tier, probably even top 5.

I fought only one Ryu in FG... and he was pretty bad. I saved a replay.
In For Fun, it was a different story. There was one match where I was Lucas and I fought a Roy and a Ryu, along with a random Pac-Man.

HE'S ALIVE!
Since that post I have fought nothing but Ryu's on For Glory except for one guy who switched to Little Mac.

And the person who posted that to Miiverse is an idiot. Or a troll. Or both honestly.
Ryu be like "**** ALL YO COUNTERS!!!"
Who would've counted on Ryu countering counters?!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

Imagine if ZeRo decided to pick him up after EVO. He'll be even more a beast than he's ever been while maining Diddy "HOO HAH" Kong and Sheik.

He's even said on Twitter that he's likely to be top tier because of his options, combos, and strength. He does find him hard to play though since he's never played Street Fighter himself.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just took Roy and Ryu out online for a bit.
Roy feels surprisingly good, although I feel like I'm trying to play him too much like Marth. Never thought I'd say this, but I think I need to get worse at spacing :p Never hit so many tippers (i.e. Roy's sourspot) in my life.
Ryu just isn't for me, I think. Will try him out more during the week, but he isn't "clicking" with me like ZSS did when I picked her up.

Lucas has PK Thunder, so that's an automatic non-runner for me. :p 15 years of trying and failing, and I still don't understand how anyone can make that move travel where they want it to go.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina didn't get any buffs as far as I know, but she does now say "You're mine!" and "My turn!" When she counters.
Good enough buff for me. Need that extra disrespect when I punish an overzealous Falcon.

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I'm sad there's no word on Robin buffs... All of FE tier got really good buffs, Roy is looking promising... and we're still sitting here like 'remember wind jab and backwards Elwind ledgegrabs? Good times...' It's particularly sad seeing as Robin seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of trash talk lately, re: Shockwave smh.

But oh well. We still have our strong players and a particularly fervent love of our character(s). We don't require handouts to tip the scales, tourney results or no. :happysheep:

Also, I can't stay mad at Roy now that he's here, same as with Dark Pit. He's fun, powerful, and his new design is kickass. Also his inclusion is probably a large part of what prompted the Marcina buffs, so everyone wins today (except Diddy. :troll:) It looks hopeful that Roy will simply handle different MUs to Marcina rather than auto-invalidating them.

Lucina didn't get any buffs as far as I know, but she does now say "You're mine!" and "My turn!" When she counters.
Pretty cool imo.
@ Kenith Kenith check the patch thread, Lucina got the same buffs as Marth from what I've read, and the jab IASA buff sounds hella legit.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Actually now that I think about it, that's pretty common in fighting games since dragon punches have start-up invincibility.
Good point. That actually makes a lot of sense now. It'll be interesting to see how that affects his MU's.
Roy is amazing. He's like Lucina, but with KILL MOVES.
Honestly he's like a fusion of Marth and Ganon in this game, aka my two favorite characters.
I might have to main him tbh.
That's what happens when you have T3h Ph1r3R!
I'm sad there's no word on Robin buffs... All of FE tier got really good buffs, Roy is looking promising... and we're still sitting here like 'remember wind jab and backwards Elwind ledgegrabs? Good times...' It's particularly sad seeing as Robin seems to be on the receiving end of a lot of trash talk lately, re: Shockwave smh.

But oh well. We still have our strong players and a particularly fervent love of our character(s). We don't require handouts to tip the scales, tourney results or no. :happysheep:

Also, I can't stay mad at Roy now that he's here, same as with Dark Pit. He's fun, powerful, and his new design is kickass. Also his inclusion is probably a large part of what prompted the Marcina buffs, so everyone wins today (except Diddy. :troll:) It looks hopeful that Roy will simply handle different MUs to Marcina rather than auto-invalidating them.

@ Kenith Kenith check the patch thread, Lucina got the same buffs as Marth from what I've read, and the jab IASA buff sounds hella legit.
Our love and respect for Robin will never be extinguished!

But :4feroy: is love, :4feroy: is life.

Top Bottom