• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, I know it's kind of out of place, but I've been messing with Ness and it looks like his PSI Magnet has less endlag now.
So, he got buffed, huh. I dunno what to think about it. I love him and he's one of my mains together with Robin, and buffs to my main is always good, but heck oO I was kind of expecting at least B-Throw getting nerfed a little bit, but I haven't felt anything different on the move.

Ah, well.

I see this Miiverse stage will be popular.:awesome:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Miiverse is so memetastic. I love it. Might be my favorite stage at this rate just because of that. And after playing with :4feroy: and :4ryu: for a bit, I am pretty happy with how they turned out. :4feroy: is a pretty satisfactory semi-clone while with :4ryu:, all I can think of was "why does everything combo into Shoryuken for the ko!?!?"
Cause Ryu came here "looking for a challenge!" (Shoryuken is scary AF no doubt)

And I'm absolutely loving Roy to pieces! His Up-B having more horizontal movement than :4marth::4lucina: is very nice, and his Up-Smash is so good for punishing air dodges! Roy's up-tilt is also surprisingly strong (I killed a Ryu at around 138% on Living Room) Also Roy's down-smash completely avoids Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku yet STILL CONNECTS!

Edit* Also I didn't realize this till now but Roy is taller than Ryu!

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Cause Ryu came here "looking for a challenge!" (Shoryuken is scary AF no doubt)

And I'm absolutely loving Roy to pieces! His Up-B having more horizontal movement than :4marth::4lucina: is very nice, and his Up-Smash is so good for punishing air dodges! Roy's up-tilt is also surprisingly strong (I killed a Ryu at around 138% on Living Room) Also Roy's down-smash completely avoids Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpukyaku yet STILL CONNECTS!
Blazer may actually be a decent/great Out of shield. Roy's throws are also pretty awesome. Love that Melee-esque fthrow.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Blazer may actually be a decent/great Out of shield. Roy's throws are also pretty awesome. Love that Melee-esque fthrow.
Ooh Blazer out of shield? I could see that being pretty viable (Imma have to try that out). Gotta love the disrespect on the f-throw. Just such a casual toss, like Roy's throwing out some trash.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Can I just say how hype Roy's story in smash is?

In melee, he was this awkward teenager looking guy who was completely outclassed by his more fabulous counterpart, Marth. Marth ended up soaking up all the popularity (and all the girls) while Roy got overshadowed.

He even got cut from smash in Brawl and replaced by Ike, another flame-based swordsman who's not only cooler looking but also fights for his friends and lifts a heavy two-handed sword with one hand because he is just that swole. Compared to Ike Roy looked like a pencil neck nerd.

Smash 4 comes, and with the return of Marth and Ike and the introduction of Robin and Lucina, it looked like our boy wasn't going to come back.

But then what happens?

Roy returns at last in a triumphant, fiery fury, and this time he means business. He grew out of his awkward teenage phase and now looks suave af, and from the look of it he's been hitting the gym in his downtime to give Ike a run for his money. He not only hits like a truck, but his fully charged flare blade kills at zero percent like it's nothing, which Ike's eruption can only dream of achieving. During his exile he's developed and honed his own technique to make him stand out from Marth, and not only that, but this time he kicks Marth's butt like he's going out of style.

Roy left smash as a boy, completely overshadowed and shunned, and this time he returns as a hard-hitting, sword-of-seals wielding man who you can't help but respect.

Roy's our boy. :seuss:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu

In melee, he was this awkward teenager looking guy who was completely outclassed by his more fabulous counterpart, Marth. Marth ended up soaking up all the popularity (and all the girls) while Roy got overshadowed.

He even got cut from smash in Brawl and replaced by Ike, another flame-based swordsman who's not only cooler looking but also fights for his friends and lifts a heavy two-handed sword with one hand because he is just that swole. Compared to Ike Roy looked like a pencil neck nerd.

Smash 4 comes, and with the return of Marth and Ike and the introduction of Robin and Lucina, it looked like our boy wasn't going to come back.

But then what happens?

Roy returns at last in a triumphant, fiery fury, and this time he means business. He grew out of his awkward teenage phase and now looks suave af, and from the look of it he's been hitting the gym in his downtime to give Ike a run for his money. He not only hits like a truck, but his fully charged flare blade kills at zero percent like it's nothing, which Ike's eruption can only dream of achieving. During his exile he's developed and honed his own technique to make him stand out from Marth, and not only that, but this time he kicks Marth's butt like he's going out of style.

Roy left smash as a boy, completely overshadowed and shunned, and this time he returns as a hard-hitting, sword-of-seals wielding man who you can't help but respect.

;-; yes beautiful.

Mega-Xander

Smash Rookie
NNID
avsimone13
Man the new characters look great! I like playing Robin (and megaman and mario and captain falcon) but damn, I think I'm gonna be playing a lot of Ryu.

I'm not sure what to think of Roy. if he's got better combo game than Marth/Lucina then I might play him a bit more for fun, but I'm on the fence... either way a great character to have!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Ryu has to be my favorite out of the trio, with Roy being a close second. How he plays is just very unique and I feel like his combos flow pretty well. And my goodness does he hit very hard. Roy also flows pretty well, and I actually think he's the best out of the Marth trio. His design is also the best out of the Fire Emblem cast IMO. I'm indifferent on Lucas, but it's nice that he's back.

Also, Nintendo World Championships is almost on. Right now it's the pre-show:

www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I did not like how disorganized the Wii U character selection screen looked, then I went and made some adjustments.

Matsushi

True Blood
I just downloaded Roy and he certainly feels a lot more different than what I had previously anticipated. Still very fun nonetheless.

-proceeds to take 20 snapshots of him at 20 different angles-

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Ryu will be banned.

Calling that in advance.
Ryu is actually banned from EVO 2015, but that's because it's already considered too late to adapt to his style and matchups. Same with Roy and Lucas.

Highly doubt he'll actually be banned though. We have yet to see him in tournament play lol

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Ryu will be banned.

Calling that in advance.
He may get banned from EVO 2015, just like Lucas and Roy, for being a 'new' character.
But I doubt they will ban him from general tournament.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What does one do to balance Ryu though?

He's translated perfectly from SF to Smash, and that's the problem. The only way they can nerf this guy within reason is to not let him regain Tatsumaki Sempukyaku after hit, and like, nerf his damage output to 1-2% a hit or something.

I figured he wouldn't have many KO moves because you don't actually knock back people offstage in Street Fighter, but nuts to that sound logic, we want Ryu to kill Ganon at 88% with invincible Shoryuken bois.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What does one do to balance Ryu though?

He's translated perfectly from SF to Smash, and that's the problem. The only way they can nerf this guy within reason is to not let him regain Tatsumaki Sempukyaku after hit, and like, nerf his damage output to 1-2% a hit or something.
Come on, you're better than kneejerk scrub whining on Day 1, dude.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

But then what happens?

This is absolutely perfect. I would like to add how when it was hinted at that Roy might be coming back, most people were indifferent our straight up displeased at the thought of his return. Everyone was shunning the boy, making memes and jokes at his expense cause of some poser Koopa kid! But then everything changed with the leak. His new design blew his old one COMPLETELY out of the water! In ONE DAY Roy won back the crowd! Disappointment turned into unbridled joy! Marks of derision became shouts of praise! Roy was back! Better, faster, stronger, and more badass than we could have ever imagined! Like a phoenix Roy was reborn in a blazing glory from the ashes of his former incarnation. Roy "sealed the deal" indeed!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Is this the first official english translation of Mother 1? Or had it been translated before?

D

Deleted member

Awesome that Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings is in the eShop! I still need to finish Earthbound though x.x

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Nintendo, you are REALLY making me regret keeping the Wii U with just one game as a deterrent to use it amidst summer classes.

****ing Mother 1 U.S. release of all things, are you kidding me...

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
That Halberd assist to shield break to flare blade, haha.

Top Bottom