• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ThatRandomGuy42

Mr Arcfire
NNID
ThatRandomGuy42
3DS FC
4914-4785-4189
Alright, with the update on the way, did they say whether there would be balance changes?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Poor Robin had to get Smashed for the demonstration of Ryu's second Final Smash.

One wonders how he felt.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
/casually buys Ryu for the stage alone

"There might be a bit of traffic"
"BIT"

SAKURAI, A BIT? everyone and their mother is trying to get these dlc hands

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Poor Robin had to get Smashed for the demonstration of Ryu's second Final Smash.

One wonders how he felt.
I don't think that our squishy tactician had ever taken a punch of such force.

Game over

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Sorry if someone already explained it in this thread but how do Ryu's combos work? Do you have to input things like quarter circles to pull off moves?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
by the way the eShop is currently in meltdown. Don't even bother trying it for the next few hours
Oh well, I gotta go to church soon anyways. I'm going to be so distracted. This is what my mind will hear during the readings:

"And Jesus said to the crowd: Blessed are the :4lucas:s, for they will inherit the kingdom of Smash. Blessed are :4ryu:s for they will hodoken and shoryuken. But woe to those who persecute you for your boy :4feroy:, for they will be thrown outside the gate where there will be gnashing of teeth and much, much ph1r3 for eternity."

Edit: Oh, and I just as well go get some coffee and use the Starbucks giftcards my students gave me because there will be no sleep.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I waited 6 months to make this joke...

But now it's useless!
USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I waited 6 months to make this joke...

But now it's useless!
You still have Pichu and Young Link, though. :ohwell:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
The :4roy: :4feroy: jokes live on:

by the way the eShop is currently in meltdown. Don't even bother trying it for the next few hours
:4feroy:: "Well "other" Roy, looks like you've been FIRED!"
:4roy:: "What?" (Can't understand Roy's Japanese)

........... So what should we talk about while we wait for Nintendo E Shop to get it's sh*t back together?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, this update seems to alter the game's balance again.

Hopefully this will be good news for Robin.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Can barely get in the eshop, and when I do it tells me the Smash patch failed so I can't buy anything. Clear the failed patch, try again, get bounced. Get back in, patch is back, it failed.

Clear patch, no shop. Clear shop, no patch. Touch fuzzy, get dizzy. Over and over and over again.

I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully wake up to not this ****.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I cannot be the only one who bursted out laughing after seeing
"Roy seals the deal". :laugh:
Ryu and Roy look cool, but the only fighter I will probably spend money for is Lucas.
I can understand not being interested in Roy, but even if you don't care about Street Fighter, Ryu has so much interesting things going for him that not buying him would be a huge missed opportunity for anyone who likes this game IMO.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The eShop is being ****ed so hard right now. I tried downloading Roy first and it sent me back to the DLC shop.

I think I'm just going to wait for a few hours before I consider buying the characters.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Usually is. Robin seems to get lucky when updates come out.
Well not this one, i just checked and Robin can no longer jump, bottom tier for sure.
Can barely get in the eshop, and when I do it tells me the Smash patch failed so I can't buy anything. Clear the failed patch, try again, get bounced. Get back in, patch is back, it failed.

Clear patch, no shop. Clear shop, no patch. Touch fuzzy, get dizzy. Over and over and over again.

I'm gonna go to bed and hopefully wake up to not this ****.
I just waited until the update finished downloading/installing and then entered from the Smash menu, and it worked.

Matsushi

True Blood
So I heard the eShop is freaking out, though this was almost bound to happen. I just... want... my boi. :4feroy: Also, there's another balance patch coming in? To be quite honest, I'm fine with how the game is already, but we'll see how it pans out!
Yeah, I was out today and came back to a stupid amount of pages, so I just kinda glanced over everything, didn't really read anything in detail. All I really remember of the last several pages is @ Matsushi Matsushi absolutely obsessing over her new boy :4feroy::p
An accurate representation of what happened. Looking back at it now... I kinda regret nothing.
The :4roy: :4feroy: jokes live on:

he knows what's up

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I cannot be the only one who bursted out laughing after seeing
"Roy seals the deal". :laugh:

I can understand not being interested in Roy, but even if you don't care about Street Fighter, Ryu has so much interesting things going for him that not buying him would be a huge missed opportunity for anyone who likes this game IMO.
That pun was not lost on me.

Also getting Ryu also gets you a sweet new stage! That makes Ryu worth it alone IMO.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm going to catch 'em all on my birthday in July. I can stay without the shiny stuff and a struggling eShop server for a few weeks. :4pacman:

I guess I'm one of the many who didn't catch the reference in Roy's announcement. Oh well.

:231:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
guys we already found a nerf for Zelda
Sakurai are you serious

also, Diddy's uair might have had it's range nerfed
Inb4 :4greninja: nerfs found.
by the end of Smash 4 lifespan, Zelda will just be removed from the roster entirely
You try to select Zelda and the game just laughs at you, then smacks the controller out of your hand.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Inb4 :4greninja: nerfs found.

You try to select Zelda and the game just laughs at you, then smacks the controller out of your hand.
I actually heard that Greninja got buffed. Not confirmed but
F-Tilt is an actual move now. It has less start up and end lag and now does 7%. Considering it's one of his most long ranged moves that's really good and it can also trip opponents.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
@ RobinOnDrugs RobinOnDrugs I can't find the exact situation, but here you can see Diddy hitting Sheik while she's pretty much right next to him in the air
Wow, that's definitely noticeable.

I wonder if he's received anymore nerfs aside from this one? I'm also wondering if any other characters got any buffs or nerfs too? I heard Shiek's grabs also got nerf'd but it could be from the placebo effect that always plagues these balance patches.

Last edited:

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
And apparently this is already happening.
It's "This is Smash Bros not SLASH Bros!" all over again.
I'm 100% okay with this, as a collector of Fire Emblem characters to have as mains. I literally cannot have enough disjointed hitboxes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom