• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Actually now that I think about it, that's pretty common in fighting games since dragon punches have start-up invincibility.
That and standard DP's tend to be around 3-4 frames and alot of vulnerable frames on whiff. I wonder how many people gonna wake up DP in smash 4 now?

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Playing around with Ryu makes me want a fighting game with traditional inputs and attack buttons but with Smash mechanics.

Regarding Robin, I'm just happy she's not nerfed for no reason.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Not sure if you have seen this, but I think you might be interested

That and the return of Roy. Patch 1.08 also known as the meme killer.

Yeah, meme killers can be annoying

Robin seems unchanged.

On a different note, these Mario maker levels are INSANE.
Dam. Kind of wish he got a grab buff.

Oh, that was confirmed fake? Sorry about that. Blue got so excited for it, too...

Anyway, Robin appears to be unchanged with this patch, so it looks like we made it out alive. Others weren't so lucky...
I know. My heart was broken when I heard the news ;-;

Oh, who's been changed?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
You guys are greedy if you think Robin really needs more buffs, honestly.
It's like MMOs, man. People aren't satisfied until <My Class> can shoot laser beams from their eyes and one shot the hardest of bosses. <My Class> must also be able to put chainsaws on my mount's legs so that <My Class>, and <My Class> only, can gank noobs without having to dismount. Only <My Class> can get these buffs. No other class can.

It doesn't matter if <My Class> just got buffed through the roof and is kicking ass on every damage meter and PvP scenario in creation. It's still an underpowered piece of crap that must be buffed.

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
You guys are greedy if you think Robin really needs more buffs, honestly.
I don't know, maybe...maybe not, maybe we're just a little salty that our characters is not as braindead easy like was Diddy or Sheik but still.

But in the end, I just keep playing with Robin and I have a lot of fun doing it.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I know. My heart was broken when I heard the news ;-;

Oh, who's been changed?
Sorry about that. I wish people weren't so quick to put stuff like that out there before it's confirmed to be true... Just causes pain for others if it ends up being fake. :urg:

Anyway, Diddy has his infamous U-Air nerfed yet again, this time in range; he apparently has difficulty hitting people in front of him now.

I can only imagine what it'd be like if they did the same to Robin's U-Air...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hope to God this isn't placebo but Robin just KO Roy at 115-125% with his dash attack. I have a replay to show it but it's on 3DS.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Okay I'm a huge supporter for Wolf but whoever designed this travesty of an announcement "poster" should never touch a word document again. (Typos, typos f***ing everywhere!)
I don't know, maybe...maybe not, maybe we're just a little salty that our characters is not as braindead easy like was Diddy or Sheik but still.

But in the end, I just keep playing with Robin and I have a lot of fun doing it.
Dude I'm GLAD Robin isn't "braindead easy." The whole reason everyone hated Diddy is BECAUSE he was "braindead."
I would honestly not even want to touch Robin if they were like that, and you're saying you WANT everyone to hate our favorite tactician like they did with Diddy?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Marth didn't need IASA in Jab so he can link it into virtually all of his ground kit for a KO, and Ike didn't need an Ftilt speed buff and even more Fair buffs, yet here we are.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ The Merc The Merc Some of the changed things off the top off my head:

Zelda:
- Usmash kills 20% earlier
- Nair's front and back hitboxes have been switched: fast fall front part of nair to Farore's Wind is now a true kill combo
- Love Boosting removed

Greninja:
- Ftilt buffed (unsure how)

Diddy:
- Uair range nerfed

Palutena:
- Utilt buffed from 8% to 9%

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Dude I'm GLAD Robin isn't "braindead easy." The whole reason everyone hated Diddy is BECAUSE he was "braindead."
I would honestly not even want to touch Robin if they were like that, and you're saying you WANT everyone to hate our favorite tactician like they did with Diddy?
What? No, no, no and no. I don't say that I wish that our beloved tactician should be a braindead character, in fact that's one of my favorites parts of using Robin, that I need to use my head to use her efficiently.
What I was saying is that still is very difficult sometimes and sometimes thinking that you need to put so much effort to lose to a simply Dthrow to Uair or just a chain of Fairs is awful and that's why we want a little buff here and there like more mobility. But Raz is not so far from the true, Robin is really good as it is, I think that still a lot of people sleeps over her and that we don't have enough representation but we need to keep pushing Robin meta and show what we can do, after all we have our bunch amazing tools.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
What? No, no, no and no. I don't say that I wish that our beloved tactician should be a braindead character, in fact that's one of my favorites parts of using Robin, that I need to use my head to use her efficiently.
What I was saying is that still is very difficult sometimes and sometimes thinking that you need to put so much effort to lose to a simply Dthrow to Uair or just a chain of Fairs is awful and that's why we want a little buff here and there like more mobility. But Raz is not so far from the true, Robin is really good as it is, I think that still a lot of people sleeps over her and that we don't have enough representation but we need to keep pushing Robin meta and show what we can do, after all we have our bunch amazing tools.
Oooookay that makes a lot more sense. Just the context of your previous post made it sound like that's what you were saying.

Everyone sleeping on Robin better wake up, cause Robin's got some excess stock on tomes and Levin swords that they're just DYING to unload! Cause before those sleepyheads can react they get a LEVIN SWORD to the face! No more excess stock!

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Marth didn't need IASA in Jab so he can link it into virtually all of his ground kit for a KO, and Ike didn't need an Ftilt speed buff and even more Fair buffs, yet here we are.
I hate to break it to you, but Marth needs a lot more than just IASA in jab.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Both of those characters are generally considered pretty bad, so I'm not sure why you use them as your counterexample.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, I'll have video footage to post tomorrow.

False pounded me with his Robin but I was able to secure one win. I'll post it along with a loss because I'm fair.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Speaking of videos, that new youtube feature is amazing. Uploading videos should ideally not even be an issue anymore. Hopefully quality is good.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Speaking of videos, that new youtube feature is amazing. Uploading videos should ideally not even be an issue anymore. Hopefully quality is good.
When they announced that feature I was like

Finally I don't need a capture card to show or record silly things that happens in my friendlies or to get some constructive critic.
And also I think that we're going to have a lot more ****ty highlights videos.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
When they announced that feature I was like

Finally I don't need a capture card to show or record silly things that happens in my friendlies or to get some constructive critic.
And also I think that we're going to have a lot more ****ty highlights videos.
Probably the most hype announcement.
Kinda irrelevant because my favorite replay is dead though. :(
Meanwhile 3DS users are all

(Seriously would it have been that hard to add that function in?)

Also Kenith I'm digging your new avatar!

Edit* Then I saw this going on.

Why does Smashboards want me to buy so much Hand-Masker?

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So I'm just now updating smash... And I can't purchase anything rn until I get some funds...

Brb, going to try to get the whole gang in a pic oh wait, I need Roy....

Lyn.. </3

Those Mario Maker levels were crazy! Definitely helped convinced me to wanna purchase the game when it comes out now.
No more having to setup my capture card for smash, so this is a plus.

For anyone interested, here's the vid.

dat music.Embarrass
This really made my day seeing this happen. I've already played it before, but I'm definitely buying it when I get the chance.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I almost forgot about my FE amiibo imports, but I just got a confirmation that they should ship out on the 18th. Between the e3 hype and my local search of these amiibo turned out to be a success, these orders completely slipped my mind. :p

I hope that I don't have to wait too much longer for :4lucina: since she's separate from the other three.

Also, I decided to get the rest of the other characters, though I still like :4feroy: the best. The other two are pretty fun, but they just aren't for me, especially :4ryu:.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also Kenith I'm digging your new avatar!
Embarrass

Also, I decided to get the rest of the other characters, though I still like :4feroy: the best. The other two are pretty fun, but they just aren't for me, especially :4ryu:.
I played Roy on For Glory for a couple hours after trying everyone out.
Then I went to play Ryu and I was like "Yeah, I've got a good idea of how to play him"
Immediately wrecked by a Mega Man and Captain Falcon.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Embarrass

Then I went to play Ryu and I was like "Yeah, I've got a good idea of how to play him"
That's what I'd imagine would happen if I ever played as him against others lol.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Embarrass

Pretty much what happened to me with Roy earlier today (except versus Ludwig and somebody else I can't remember). Took Roy back to the offline gym, trained up, and I've been doing much better since (it helps that 90% of my FG matches since then were against people using the new DLC characters). Although I did come across a pretty good Roy and Lucas player later on.

Soul.

I don't even know when was the last time I played a good player on FG, lol. I play With Friends more, but when nobody feels like doing some matches, I either go to Training or FG.

Nah

Smash Champion
What's this about a Youtube feature?

Marth didn't need IASA in Jab so he can link it into virtually all of his ground kit for a KO
Does it really link that well? When I was on FG yesterday evening with Lucina I could do Jab 1--->Ftilt and Jab 2 pretty consistently but not so much Fsmash (and didn't try Utilt or Dtilt).

EDIT: Actually I'm have having trouble doing anything other than Jab 1--->Jab 2 with it really

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What's this about a Youtube feature?

Does it really link that well? When I was on FG yesterday evening with Lucina I could do Jab 1--->Ftilt and Jab 2 pretty consistently but not so much Fsmash (and didn't try Utilt or Dtilt).
Some time in the future, there will be an option to post individual replays directly to YouTube.

It'll help for getting more video content out there.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Once it comes out it should probably make Smash4Replay sub reddit almost meaningless sadly. All depends on the quality of the YT vids.
EDIT: Now we need a play and record feature in training mode and all is right with the world.

Last edited:
Top Bottom