• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tilt Locks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can smash DI any attack that gives hit stun. It may be difficult to time jumps for some characters, but smash DI up and jump will let most characters out in my experiences. With SmashDI plus the natural upwards knockback of the move you can get out in a small handful of tilts.
Statement retracted I fail at shiek. With most of the cast you cannot SDI up to escape the lock.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Two hit is right about Mario that's for sure,

I was just fighting a good Mario online and every time after the second hit he would use his ^B on me.

Of course I started to counter this by shielding but then with the extra time he would start doing uair into AAA combos or grabs.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
the fox seems pretty bad =p

the thing about shieks tilts is everyone tries to back AWAY from them but that just causes you to get stuck around the middle of it.

moving towards shiek is the way to go.

if you want to better understand how to better get out of shieks ftilt "locks" play a CPU on level 9 and try to get him in a lock.

yes yes i know "only noobs play CPUS!" but cpu's while lacking intelligence of a real player and easily outsmarted have the fastest freaking reflexes possible. They always figure out a way to get out of F-tilt locks reguardless of how well you time it so just watch for what their doing with the character of your choice and mimic it. if a computer can do it then its possible. =D

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i seriously hope all this data isnt based on level 9 CPU set to stop

if it is then i could make the claim that any character with a multihit jab can "jab lock" people.

when the CPU is on stop it doesnt try to get out of a "lock"

if you mess around trying to "lock" a 9 cpu set on attack you will notice they usually break it not by dodging but by hitting you with a faster move like an aerial with less delay then it takes for shiek to do another ftilt. i know shieks ftilt is fast but some attacks pop out faster then a dodge.

so hopefully you had the cpu set to attack and not stop or its worthless lol.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I tested by figuring out approximately when the consecutive hits meter started going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom