• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
NO ONE GETS BUFFED/NERFED

THREAD IS DONE

ADAPT NERDS

brb dropping pit btw rofl

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
So, we finally got the final patch we always wanted, right? No more buff/nerf culture. Melee culture here we come! (assuming tournaments continue for a bit).

_Chrome

Smash Ace
In case anyone is wondering, go on www.projectmgame.com. They posted about this being the final version: development has ceased and it is effective immediately.

When am I going to get my ZSS costumes?!?!?

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
My post is 100% not a joke.

oh, their post. w/e

Last edited by a moderator:

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is a little bit of a shock. Especially since we were just given new art for ZSS and whatnot. Ripple Ripple , maybe it's a joke...

Boiko Boiko Oh. My. GAWD. This guy just said don't whine about your characters, and push their metagames. And now, we don't have that option. Wow.

When will the zero suits be released?

GabPR

Smash Lord
I assume that no previous pmdt member will tell us a why since they gave us a link to some lawyer... thats just great.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
They can deny a C&D all they want, but the mention of an attorney in that blogpost tells me everything I need to know.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
In brighter news we get to blow up all the dumb tech for our characters we've been hiding without fear of them getting removed

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
My post is 100% not a joke.

oh, their post. w/e

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace

Best of luck with your future ventures PMDT, give us some HD Wii U or NX ****, make sure it works with Gamecube Controllers, we'll all buy the hell out of it.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: this all does belong in social, they're right. Let's show some courtesy guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Now I know we're basically killing this thread with all the off topic posts and whatnot.

But I love you guys. I love this game.

If you guys stick around, then I'll stick around. I'm ready to take a major with Lucas.
Don't give up pls.

GabPR

Smash Lord

;________;

Welp guess I'm maining Wolf forever

This is truly the dankest I mean darkest timeline
You know what... as long as at least one person cares about the game... there will always be a download link. And if there is one, the game will be kept alive and will enter a new stage. Its difficult sure, but even if development is over the game we love is still here.

Like a person I know said, Look at melee, no discs are being made and the game is at its peak. Be positive people, and lets just have fun :).

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
Though really, anybody else excited to see what these vaguely mentioned "new projects" will be? That's one detail that caught my eye. Whatever it is, I hope they make something cool and make it their baby.

It may seem a bit disloyal, but I'm honestly considering picking up Smash 4 again for awhile til the dust settles around here. I imagine there's going to be a lot of freakouts. Problem is Smash 4's movement feels so damn clumsy compared to this game, it's hard to go back to.

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
You know what... as long as at least one person cares about the game... there will always be a download link. And if there is one, the game will be kept alive and will enter a new stage. Its difficult sure, but even if development is over the game we love is still here.

Like a person I know said, Look at melee, no discs are being made and the game is at its peak. Be positive people, and lets just have fun :).
I was referring to the newfound impossibility of buffs to characters like Pit that I'm rather attached to.

Farquaad

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think that everyone should focus on working with the tools that they currently have rather than advocating for buffs/nerfs. It seriously stagnates your development when you rationalize your losses by saying, "my character needs buffs." If you think that your character has impending buffs, or an opponent of yours has impending nerfs, playing with a sour attitude saying, "I can't wait for the next patch when XYZ is changed" is just going to hinder your growth as a player.

For the past several pages this thread has been nothing but people complaining about how weak their character is and how they would buff them. Instead of that, how does your character stand in the current meta game? What strengths does your character have that maybe you're failing to consider? Put the buff/nerf discussion to the side for a minute and focus on what is actually in front of you. Don't focus so much on the future, focus on the now.

I understand that your character may be lacking a particular strength, but that doesn't mean that they don't have tools elsewhere. And maybe, if you didn't have such severe tunnel vision about what is good and what is bad, you would discover something that you haven't considered before. There is a lot of untapped potential out there.

There is a critical flaw that many people have when they're playing Smash. Players often get distracted mid set, thinking about the outcome. "Oh wow, I'm two stocks up game three against the top player in my region. I just need to close it out." They get distracted thinking about the result, they start playing unsafe because they're so concerned about the outcome, and they stop playing the way that put them in that position in the first place. A similar string of logic applies here; do not worry so much about what is to come, focus on what you have and what you can do with that. You will improve as a player.

Talking about proposed changes is fine, and I don't want to discourage that entirely. I would just rather see a discussion of current character strengths. Maybe that's just me.
Tfw Boiko murders other PM devs in secret and "disbands" the team just to be right

Avro-Arrow

Smash Journeyman
Ripple Ripple , no it was a question about you maining DDD. Can't say I'm surprised.

Now, MUs against the top tier really will matter :/. Get ready for the Wolf Pack everybody!

Jonyc128 Jonyc128 Nice.

Last edited:

GabPR

Smash Lord
Well, like a previous person said, the thread will actually become a true tier list speculation thread, cant wait to see how every character will develop in detail.

Idostuff

Smash Apprentice
I love you guys and i love this game. My first ever set i watched was M2k (M2) vs Armada (Pit), at APEX 2014. I thought to myself, "wow, thats cool, i want to do that". So i watched the doc and i have been hooked ever since. I played a little melee, but decided i wanted to play PM because it is basically better melee. im still a noob even after entering tournaments for over a year, but **** ive had a great time with you guys. I've caught the smash bug, and i won't be able to shake it, but we'll see what the future holds.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Move that stuff over to the social thread. Tier List discussion goes here.

Ripple, you are wrong. Whoever you source is was wrong. I have no reason anymore to deny this other than it being true. Get over yourself.

_Chrome

Smash Ace
So I've made my nooby tier list. I wasn't going to do it, but the occasion calls for something to draw our attention away from this travesty. That's why I'm showing you all my travesty. Characters are ordered from left to right, with my S, A, and (maybe) B tiers I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on. The other tiers are still ordered, but they really are all about equal within tiers. It is a mix of knowledge we've shared that has become fact amongst most all of us, and my own subjective opinion. Let me know what you think. (Almost random thought: where are you @Nausicaa?)

upload_2015-12-2_0-41-9.png

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Well since tier list discussion was, in the past, "who do we thing is the most/least broken/who needs the most buffs/nerfs" and we have no reason to discuss that stuff anymore, we can finally and truly move into meaningful character matchup data to make the most legit tier list.

When y'all calm down, head to your characters' matchup discussion and discuss.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Move that stuff over to the social thread. Tier List discussion goes here.

Ripple, you are wrong. Whoever you source is was wrong. I have no reason anymore to deny this other than it being true. Get over yourself.
Maybe you should ignore your power to read edits for once.

Why the hell do mods even get that power anyways? thats stupid, especially when I read something wrong and then corrected it

Last edited:

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
So Link is bad in another smash game again... I would say I'm fine with this. Having given much of the last 5 years to this game. Checking reddit and smash boards for years everyday. Discussing and playing with friends. It all kinda feels sureal. I big part of my life just ended abruptly for seemingly no reason. Now I have to find some other hobby.

So, I'm kinda upset about link staying bad again. He was so close to being fixed. He will have his broken grab forever now. Pretty ridiculous.

Top Bottom