• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
So Dong won EZ$$ with Luigi, double eliminating Seth and beating Oracle in Winners

Hot damn there's PM revolution everywhere

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Luigi is busted he has too much priority and quick moves and burst reach because wavedash and throw follow ups are free and fireball waveland is free approaches and wow this character is so toxic and he recovers from anywhere with down-b and why does his RNG recovery kill at like 50% and how do you combo this character without a sword look at Nair you can't even kill him as hard as he kills you
Haha! Time for nerfs!

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i know that RNG refers to things that are "random" but what the hell does the acronym stand for?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Luigi is busted he has too much priority and quick moves and burst reach because wavedash and throw follow ups are free and fireball waveland is free approaches and wow this character is so toxic and he recovers from anywhere with down-b and why does his RNG recovery kill at like 50% and how do you combo this character without a sword look at Nair you can't even kill him as hard as he kills you
Haha! Time for nerfs!
Don't worry, we didnt forget about ROB

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tournament wasn't valid, ROB lost matches (wtf how could he lose, you can't combo him)

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood

I realize you were joking, but fireball waveland is not a free approach. Look at how high the fireball has to be to waveland it. If it hits and you choose to waveland forward (on a tall/jumpy character), its a free combo starter. That waveland forward is pretty committal though...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DF is not joking, Luigi is busted and won a tourney and is better than ROB

Next we'll have people wanting Luigi to be heavier/FFer so people can combo him better. Why isn't he Ganon's combination of weight and float?

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DI bad once and you might die

Luigi is scary folks

Dakpo

Smash Lord
My only complaint on luigi would be the BKB of his Up B sweet spot in the air. Everything things else is completely manageable

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't want to talk about his recovery cause that discussion usually goes nowhere good and people have way different definitions of what makes a recovery "good"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I dont think thats necessarily true. Theres still nobody close to optimizing him in terms of fundamentals.
Look at sheik for example. She's a traditionally easy character with pretty simple combos but lack of new techs doesnt really dictate her as an optimized character. She still has a lot of potential. DK is the same (to a lesser extent than sheik) in the sense that the way to get better with him is to simply just get better.
Having to deal with your problems by outplaying your opponent by a larger margin is the definition of a peaked metagame.

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
His recovery is easy to gimp if you take away the dpad special (which Dong did not use), and misfire.
Honestly the only changes he really needs are probably less chances to obtain misfire (1/10 like in smash 4 would be fine or something like that. I think 1/6 is a bit dumb), and removal of mapping special to other buttons (which I dont see how they will be able to do). I don't think anything else should be changed (aside from MAYBE the knockback of misfire being reduced, because those kills were pretty ridiculous, lets be honest lol). At least these are the things I think should be changed about the character. Although Luigi has been almost untouched in every build, so I doubt he will really be getting any significant changes, if any.

His aerial up b is fine, the move itself doesn't kill until pretty late and is pretty difficult to combo into because you have to account for DI.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Nah luigi is really good, but nerf/change talk is so boring. I dislike luigi a lot but jumping in the nerf bandwagon is all this thread does anymore.

I'd much rather just get some of the good luigi mains in to talk about thier own character and his mu spread/neutral etc.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Meanwhile... I won another tournament with DDD. Although, I went roy until winners finals just for @Umbreon

Last edited:

ThegreatVaporeon1

Smash Ace
Nah luigi is really good, but nerf/change talk is so boring. I dislike luigi a lot but jumping in the nerf bandwagon is all this thread does anymore.

I'd much rather just get some of the good luigi mains in to talk about thier own character and his mu spread/neutral etc.
I agree, but those are just issues that I find with the character currently. I really do find the misfire and dpad down b to be a bit ridiculous.
I'm not a good luigi, but in terms of matchups i really enjoy wario and ness, lucario sometimes as well. I also find that roy and ike are his easier sword character matchups.
Marth and Ganon are my least favorite matchups, as well as ROB.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Meanwhile... I won another tournament with DDD. Although, I went roy until winners finals just for @Umbreon
Did it have a stream by any chance?

Oh, yeah, move the misfire grabbox down to make it riskier, currently Weegee is too far below the ledge when he sweetspots Misfire and it's pretty safeish. Everything else is fine, even spinning the Misfire barrel i.m.o

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i thought everyone was kind of being tongue in cheek about luigi nerfs but now i can't tell
Dude I was beyond tongue in cheek. My meta was so far, it was like tongue in wormhole.

Luigi:

Nerfs? Absolutely Heresy

Buffs? Yes plz, PMBR is Bob Barbas: Just doing God's Work

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
None of my roy matches were recorded prior to WFs but you can match my roy get 4 stocked in that set before I switch back to DDD.

Stream was windycitysmash

I also won doubles if you care to check that out

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ripple won my Smash heart a long time ago. Where he plays, I watch

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Six sunfires aren't enough. I demand ten item slots so I can build more sunfires.
No see you needed 10 slots so you could also stack Heart of Gold while you stacked Sunfire what a newb

Last edited:
Top Bottom