• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

D

Deleted member

Brawlbox is a tool that lets you edit basically everything except for movesets

PSA lets you edit movesets.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Friendly reminder to everyone that stretching is top tier.

Someone was complaining of hand pain in the Bowser Skype, and had never seen that video or this post.

You can't advance the meta if your hands are cramping!

EDIT: Ganon still underrated, yo

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@Lunchables @ Strong Badam Strong Badam
i just realized that i can't search individual threads. do you guys happen to have your tier lists saved anywhere?
You can also search within a thread by going to a thread, scrolling up to the Search function, and then checking "Search this thread only"

Also lol @ everyone callin me out on my Lucario placing and then Aftershock happened. A couple things on my list I'd probably revise, but nothing major enough to warrant a full revision of the list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucarios really ****ing good

Its kind of weird how everyone says he has an awful neutral and sucks vs CC'ing when he actually has a great neutral and some of the best anti-cc options in the game. Lucario players are trying to trick us.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Friendly reminder to everyone that stretching is top tier.

Someone was complaining of hand pain in the Bowser Skype, and had never seen that video or this post.

You can't advance the meta if your hands are cramping!

EDIT: Ganon still underrated, yo
can confirm stretching is insanely important, i showed my sister how far my thumb bends backwards after 7 months of doing it and she was in shock lol

Helsong

Smash Ace
I feel like Ganon should be doing more. He's got great followups from flame choke, down throw is amazing, rar-uair can basically give you a free tipman. Also, rar tipman into ledgegrab is pretty good and should be used more. I see a lot of people trying him out and playing him, but it's either using a lot of Flame Choke or they're still doing the Melee thing. Combining both would be great. And that's not even getting into the float. Watching the Ganon RR at Afershock opened my eyes a bit.

I don't know if I would place him much higher than I've seen him, but I don't think players are doing as much as they could be? That's my scrub opinion, anyway. If Ike wasn't my bae and I wasn't flirting with Roy and GnW on the side I'd totally grab Ganon as another character.

Last edited:

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Ganon should be doing more. He's got great followups from flame choke, down throw is amazing, rar-uair can basically give you a free tipman. Also, rar tipman into ledgegrab is pretty good and should be used more. I see a lot of people trying him out and playing him, but it's either using a lot of Flame Choke or they're still doing the Melee thing. Combining both would be great. And that's not even getting into the float. Watching the Ganon RR at Afershock opened my eyes a bit.

I don't know if I would place him much higher than I've seen him, but I don't think players are doing as much as they could be? That's my scrub opinion, anyway. If Ike wasn't my bae and I wasn't flirting with Roy and GnW on the side I'd totally grab Ganon as another character.
Anyone else find ganon hard to combo as well. I know he's heavy and meaty as **** but comboing him seems like a honest to god chore most times

CORY

wut
BRoomer
like... you're the one doing the comboing to ganon?

he's a pretty good combo weight/fall speed for a lot of the cast, afaik. doesn't mario out of throws and doesn't luigi out of aerial strings.

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
like... you're the one doing the comboing to ganon?

he's a pretty good combo weight/fall speed for a lot of the cast, afaik. doesn't mario out of throws and doesn't luigi out of aerial strings.
I probably should have reworded it to say following up on throws but essentially yes. It isn't too big a deal as I just go for more tech chases on him now but it just feels like I'm doing something wrong when I try to follow up on throws at low percentages. I know that weight is a factor on throw speed and follow ups but things that work on characters with similar weights, I just can't pull off against him.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Welp, time to throw it ALL out the window now, guys.

even something as minor (and all minor changes we dont know of yet) as Olimar getting a new Up B changes things a bit.

#NOCONTEST

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wait till you see new DDD. We'll have literally tens of players!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
oh no oli is getting so much more changes
-slow clap-

blahblahbl- More importantly though, according to StrongBad on the Top Player/Character Vid 3.5 thread that there shouldn't be enough significant changes to the roster's balance to warrant making a new thread for 3.6, so there's that, but also understandable for only a handful of tweaks to change the top 10 by a fair margine.
WE MIGHT EVEN SEE FOX IN 1ST

Wait till you see new DDD. We'll have literally tens of players!
Why, did he finally get the option to throw Items like Peach back?
Or stop Gordos from appearing in the wrong spot/time to screw up Waddle-Dashes?

#MakeMeBelieve !!

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Hopefully, eventually, they make every character fun to play as and to watch. Also how are some people getting told about the changes? Sign me the **** up on that (Kappa). But no reallly, i want to see 3.6 make character design just as much better as it did from 3.02.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Hopefully, eventually, they make every character fun to play as and to watch. Also how are some people getting told about the changes? Sign me the **** up on that (Kappa). But no reallly, i want to see 3.6 make character design just as much better as it did from 3.02.
afaik from just analyzing things from the 3.6 trailer. nothing besides what it grazes upon has been discussed or revealed yet, though.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
He never lost it, turn items on.

That's why rules are 'items off and set to none'. If 'on' and none ddd throws items.

Tbh, Peach's Saturn, bobomb and beam sword should be governed by the same rules.
This info is too good to be true; Never again do I want to hear complaints about Peach's pulls, lol. THANK YOU

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Had my first legit Peach mirror yesterday and he pulled a Beam Sword; I understand completely now. I will never, ever, dis-value the beamsword or question why it's the hardest thing to pull of her items.

Seriously, FTilt/FSmash covers half of dreamland.

howbadisbad

Smash Apprentice
this is ridiculous lol

the point of an animation is to indicate where hitboxes and hurtboxes are in relation to the environment, are they not? i don't have an issue with hitbox size, nor do i think characters are "op" or w/e because of the size of their hitboxes. is it too much to ask that an animation serve its purpose, though? come on.
Definitely, we should double the time gdubbs dtilt hitbox is out so it matches the animation.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Or we could change the animation to match the hitbox by making the animation start later, end sooner, and be shorter overall.

My only gripes with GnW both playing and playing against him are his dtilt being so strong/good on shield and his dash attack 1. having so much stun and 2. sending behind him so you instinctively DI away and as a result go nowhere so he can land actually anything.

His recovery doesn't bother me, most bairs, nairs, or whatever beat it out.

I've been surprised at the lack of activity, especially after Aftershock. I guess there's not as much to speculate after seeing a tournament have almost all unique characters with little overlap in top 16.

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
I've been surprised at the lack of activity, especially after Aftershock. I guess there's not as much to speculate after seeing a tournament have almost all unique characters with little overlap in top 16.
We've basically said all that needs to be said. Roy's d-tilt is good, lucario has got combos, diddy does, uhhhh, stuff, and a dedede(ripple) beat a fox(westballz) meaning ripple was right and he will never let the thread live it down. ever. hopefully. It'd be the right thing to do. Oh, and we even talked about rng again so we pretty much hit everything. We could talk about a link making a top 8 in a national. That was pretty cool.

Last edited:

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
For a character considered to be low-ish tier, Link seems to get surprisingly good tournament results.
The more links I see, and the more wacky **** I see done with bombs, the more I'm convinced that he isn't as bad as everyone is saying. Not s-tier or anything, but with the conversions and pressure hero of time was pulling off, I would definitely say we might be sleeping on him just a little if only because his field of projectiles and diversity of playstyles he can have means that he can be pretty adaptable to many situations though it is far from perfect.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that Link is a bit underrated because he looks really bad when not played optimally. Good Link players are usually able to use his versatility with projectiles to pressure opponents and play around their weaknesses. Link also has some really good options for edgeguarding and closing out stocks. When not played optimally, Link looks bad because he has a really good weight and fallspeed for most of the cast to combo, and his recovery isn't that great.

Bazkip

Smash Master
While we're still on the topic of hitboxes, I kinda have to question the upper ones on these two

Yeah Eruption has a big visual effect, but that top one still seems a bit excessive.

I don't even know what that one on Aether is about. It's just...out there.

The Baron

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing that Link is a bit underrated because he looks really bad when not played optimally. Good Link players are usually able to use his versatility with projectiles to pressure opponents and play around their weaknesses. Link also has some really good options for edgeguarding and closing out stocks. When not played optimally, Link looks bad because he has a really good weight and fallspeed for most of the cast to combo, and his recovery isn't that great.
Sounds like ness syndrome. A whole lot of people pick him up because he seems easy, spams one move, gets rekt utterly and then the conception is that the character sucks when in reality, they really don't. Or at least not as much as people would like to say they are.

Top Bottom