• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Can we agree (or disagree, idc honestly) that Olimar and Ice Climbers need serious attention or just genuine re-working?

They auto F Tier forever now.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Hylian's been doing the lord's work on IC's. They just seriously need 3.6/3.5b to come out for those bug fixes.

jtm94

Smash Lord
ICs are fine now. They weren't even that bad before, everyone else was just dumb.

Olimar wasn't that bad either, but man does he feel like it now... Still don't like the character regardless.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Olimar wasn't that bad either, but man does he feel like it now... Still don't like the character regardless.
Olimar's comparably slower moves from his Brawl counterpart just feels off. He's defensive, but in the low/zero priority, low speed, small disjoint way. The main (and possibly only) advantages that Oli has are small character model which evades a number of attacks, and his auto combos (most of which can be DI'd away).

Hylian's been doing the lord's work on IC's. They just seriously need 3.6/3.5b to come out for those bug fixes.
Does this include fixing the weird momentum from dashing one direction then turning around and suddenly they're desynced, Nana is flying off the stage, and Popo has weird, reverse momentum as well? Their combo structure also seems slightly off and could use a nice reworking. Also, synced SideB with both IC's is one of the best vertical recoveries ever.

steelguttey

mei is bei
olimar isnt all bad. he actually has stupid **** rn

like op as **** stuff. he sucks cus he has really really bad ****

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Does this include fixing the weird momentum from dashing one direction then turning around and suddenly they're desynced, Nana is flying off the stage, and Popo has weird, reverse momentum as well? Their combo structure also seems slightly off and could use a nice reworking. Also, synced SideB with both IC's is one of the best vertical recoveries ever.
I believe that's the issue, yeah. @ Hylian Hylian would know.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, IC's will be fine after the bugpatch. I already showed off how good they can be against players like Sethlon and Strong Bad with the bug fixes. The momentum bug is already fixed internally. IC's are really underrated because of how difficult they are to play even on a fundamental level. People just don't understand how they work because they haven't put the time and effort into understanding.

Edit: Like people don't understand how much simple things we fixed like Upsmash and Fsmash interpolation helps them.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, IC's will be fine after the bugpatch. I already showed off how good they can be against players like Sethlon and Strong Bad with the bug fixes. The momentum bug is already fixed internally. IC's are really underrated because of how difficult they are to play even on a fundamental level. People just don't understand how they work because they haven't put the time and effort into understanding.

Edit: Like people don't understand how much simple things we fixed like Upsmash and Fsmash interpolation helps them.
It's really hard to say just how good Ice Climbers are, because the only thing we have for reference is you playing them in some friendlies. I'm not trying to say they aren't in a good place, I'm just saying there isn't enough data.

Also, can I ask what is planned for the bugpatch? Is it just a hotfix for gameplay bugs or will it include fixes for some of the bugs with visual effects and items?

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
I think olimar should stay the way he is. He's like the pichu of pm. If you want to disrespect, jv5 your opponent and pick olimar the next match

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
But Pichu w/ Brawl Lucario's aura mechanic. Have amazing speed and lowest landing lag. Be Falcon and don't get hit but increase your damage with Pichu self damage mechanic #Sweg.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I'm guessing this is partly a joke, but we already have that. It's called Sopo.
Sopo puts in work

Still dont get why people say olimar is trash other than his up b randomly deciding it's not gonna work. He feels pretty gud to play iirc

Smash Journeyman
I have seen ice climbers at high level. They were good in 3, and will be good in the update to momentum fix
Who played ICs in 3.0? I remember ChuDat played them in a few sets but I don't think I saw anyone else play them at a high level.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Juu know about the da bes ic player from 3.02

Post anytime
Bunch of matches in here, don't feel like looking through them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbtbdBk1ks&t=26m07s Also more from the same day if you just look around my youtube, I do better as the day goes on and I figure out how to dthrow combo roy better.

Who played ICs in 3.0? I remember ChuDat played them in a few sets but I don't think I saw anyone else play them at a high level.
Me/Fumbles were the only ones really.

Smash Journeyman
I've never heard of Fumbles, do you know where I can find videos of you or him from 3.0?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've never heard of Fumbles, do you know where I can find videos of you or him from 3.0?
Why 3.0 and not 3.5? I don't actually know of any good videos of Fumbles. He got 17th at TBH4 though. I have a bunch of videos on my youtube.

Smash Journeyman
Why 3.0 and not 3.5? I don't actually know of any good videos of Fumbles. He got 17th at TBH4 though. I have a bunch of videos on my youtube.
If there are good 3.5 videos I will gladly watch them, but the only ones I can find of are the ones from your channel (not that those videos are bad, but I would like to see some other players and some tournament sets). It was my understanding that nobody was playing them right now because of the turnaround bug, but the lack of PM being streamed at major events might also be a factor.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet

Whoa whoa, Bug Patch?
Direct me to it, pls. (or whenever its available, idk)

GabPR

Smash Lord
What characters would you guys say might be the most underrated/underutilized/underexplored in 3.5? Imo squirtle and Sanic fit these and also IC,s.

Edit: I also think pit fits these descriptions.

Last edited:

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
What characters would you guys say might be the most underrated/underutilized/underexplored in 3.5? Imo squirtle and Sanic fit these and also IC,s.
Sonic gets nerfed every time wizzrobe finds a way to break him; Squirtle is pretty good, Dad Zwarm Jewchains and a few others play him in 3.5

Rizner

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was referring to fumbles. He's in Cincinnati and doesn't have much footage, which is unfortunate. At bh like hylian said he got 14th, and took a game off armadas pit in pools to go to a close game 3. Within the first couple weeks of, 3.0 he had chain grabs figured out, and with the current bug he says that he'll likely just wait for the patch before trying to figure out crap with the momentum shifts.

Boiko

:drshrug:

Edit: I also think pit fits these descriptions.
I also think Zelda has a lot more potential than people give her credit for. Pretty sure zhime is back to playing her so maybe he'll do some good things.

Top Bottom