• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

hamyojo

Smash Ace
I actually really like this list >.> Theres a few outlyers that I can't really agree with, namely ROB and Tink a bit too high (they aren't that good) and Lucas being so low, but I think its a great representation of the game at least right now.
I'm glad someone likes my list c:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out that everyone who thinks tink is really good/stupid are people I've played

Basically everyone in TX thinks tink is ******** (Sethlon, Oracle, Denti, AeroLink, Awestin, Hamyojos insanely crazy toonlink S tier spot)
And then the only 2 other people I've played on netplay, Emukiller and Strong Bad, instantly wanted him nerfed after they played me LMAO

*illuminati here*
I've taken up an interest in Tink recently, I just keep going from one or two characters to the next trying to find a main, but can't quite figure him out. Like trying to get him to flow fluidly is hard and fustrating, I feel like I should be able to make him flow fluidly yet can't seem to. Any tips? :L

D

Deleted member

I've taken up an interest in Tink recently, I just keep going from one or two characters to the next trying to find a main, but can't quite figure him out. Like trying to get him to flow fluidly is hard and fustrating, I feel like I should be able to make him flow fluidly yet can't seem to. Any tips? :L
Wait a few days... trust me :)

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
There won't even be a side tournament. Pretty sure it was confirmed expunged altogether, even from salty suite
hotel tournament. someone will do something about the travesty.

when i was in guadalajara for smash mex 10, a big mexican national event. the venue closed early due to some **** and the tournament was literally moved to a bunch of smashers hotel rooms. pools and **** finished up there.

if a bunch of smashers can cram into hotel rooms for a national level event, the pm community can make something of this.

Last edited:

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I'd just like to point out that everyone who thinks tink is really good/stupid are people I've played

Basically everyone in TX thinks tink is ******** (Sethlon, Oracle, Denti, AeroLink, Awestin, Hamyojos insanely crazy toonlink S tier spot)
And then the only 2 other people I've played on netplay, Emukiller and Strong Bad, instantly wanted him nerfed after they played me LMAO

*illuminati here*
My bro plays a nice tink (not like your's though), and I've always thought he was strong too.

D

Deleted member

My mom has a pretty good peach
imo she should be on the top players by character list

B.W.

Smash Champion
I've been saying T.Link was a contender for top 10 since he was released. The only thing I didn't use to think was good was his recovery, but that was before AGT was discovered.

He's still really really good too.

didds

Smash Lord
I'm glad someone likes my list c:
I liked most of it, but disagree with a few things. Tink is good, but I'm not sure he's that good. Same feelings with falcon, though I feel Falcon is overall underrated cuz reasons.

Sonic is definitely too low, I'd like to see squirtle higher, but I'm just a hipster squirtle player so of course I'd say that.

GaW maybe too high.

Which one of your pits is the real one btw? you've got a B- pit and a C+ pit.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well Falcon's MU spread isn't complete booty cheeks now, maybe he can get some work done.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Good DD game beats a lot of PM stuff, and Falcon has an awful lot of setups into knee. Pretty much all the stuff that made him mediocre in Melee has been buffed dramatically, don't sleep on him.

And yeah Tink is good but putting him top 5 (or even top 10) is completely insane.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I can't say for right now, but I think of 3.02 ended up being the last build to ever be released, he would have climbed up there eventually, and Link would have started to drop in the long run as well. His combo and kill setups were super easy and free.

Lots of people don't think so, but even in this build I think he's better than Link.

Frost | Odds

I didn't realize until last night that both Link and Ganon got their jumpsquats reduced by 1 -- so Bowser still manages to retain his 'dead worst jumpsquat' status.

Anyone else that I'm not aware of get a JS reduction? :x

Bazkip

Smash Master
I didn't realize until last night that both Link and Ganon got their jumpsquats reduced by 1 -- so Bowser still manages to retain his 'dead worst jumpsquat' status.

Anyone else that I'm not aware of get a JS reduction? :x
Bowser's tied with DDD now.

Frost | Odds

Oh, cool. I almost wish there were any decent justification to secondary D3, other than possibly to deal with ROB. His MU spread probably too similar to Bowser's, though. :(

@ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] you finding that the decreased jumpsquat is messing with your WD or perfect WL timings? Just curious.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
play on dreamland or skyworld and you'll find that DDD destroys a lot of characters

Frost | Odds

Those maps specifically because of the blast zones, I assume?

Anyway, I read the D3 Matchup Thread on his subforum, can't really find a lot of super useful information. Is there a rough MU chart for him somewhere? What are his best/worst matchups?

EDIT: Also, sorry for being childish about Puff:Fox a few weeks ago, heh. It's a bit of a sore spot for me.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you would actually be incorrect in assuming that. blast zones help but it isn't the main reason.

as for MUS, his worst are probably still sonic, G&W, and Ivy. his best MUs are probably ROB, peach, and marth

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Speaking of, @ Spralwers Spralwers whatever happened to your idea of having a PM tournament around/after Apex?
I think it'll only happen if we get enough smashers to volunteer hotel rooms. There are some other venues, like a Holiday Inn that's about a 10 minute drive and has rooms for events, but idk how practical that'd be. Also that'd require a venue fee. Regardless, whoever shows up to Apex can definitely get an impromptu bracket going like at this past Evo. But I don't know how possible it would be to have the experience of that play out similarly to a tournament that was actually planned and arranged ahead of time, and deal with the constraints of being at Apex.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What if u only get 1 stage ban?? THE PENGUIN WILL TAKE FLIGHT, YOU CAN'T STOP HIM!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I swear I'm the only DDD that thinks falcon is even.

also, it doesn't matter what's up with those stages because no one will ever use the strategy that invalidates a lot of characters. I have only done it once in my career to win a set and I didn't like doing it.

IDK why I brought it up anyway.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There should only be one stage ban allowed anyway. :/
How many stage bans you get should probably correlate in some way to how many stages are available (and also set length considerations). 1 stage ban is inadequate for 18 stages if we were to use an example

jtm94

Smash Lord
Most people use 10 stages 5 as starters and 2 bans for counter pick. Sky World is usually not in stage lists.

Last edited:
Top Bottom