• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Get wrecked by 45 days.

Edit:
in b4 hylian schools everyone.
If only my account matched when I started actually going to tournaments.

I still school everyone though :p. (Though I was horribly bad the first like 4 years I played smash lmao, all these people getting good in a year or two have me envious)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Get wrecked by 45 days.

Edit:
in b4 hylian schools everyone.
think i'm older than him, but not better ;x

edit: aw yeah, '01. get on my level, scrubs.

really, get on my level. i'd like to be able to win at this game again D :

Scythe

Smash Master
lol i think your account is older than some of the people on these boards. seems that way at least.

Bryonato

Green Hat
Once people get more matchup experience then I think it is safe to start making arguments that Pit is the best in the game.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Snake is bad. His combo game is terrible and he will never be a tournament threat. :troll:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I don't play Toon Link but how good is his recovery? Upb by itself is not great. How about when you add in the bomb jumps and tether?

B.W.

Smash Champion
His recovery isn't too bad. AGT gives you great distance and his up-B allows you to get to the ledge/stage safely too because it's hard to stop.

If a character can stop it though you're in for a rough time.

Jolteon

His recovery is great. If you DI well his AGT gives him a ton of options/respectable distance as well as giving him projectiles to throw at the opponent, being able to bomb jump is just icing.

He also has a lot of options to grab the edge so he does very well against edge hogging. You can tether, AD tether (which leads into more options! Like dropping down into an instant up+b, sweetspot up+b, instant AD tether, double jump -> air dodge, double jump -> sweet spot, double jump -> instant tether grab), sweetspot up+b, wall jump -> b-reverse arrow/rang or wall jump -> AGT on stage.

Scythe

Smash Master
it sucks for real, the bomb jump stuff just delays the inevitable if you are playing someone who know how to edgeguard.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Cancelling an airdodge with an airthrow, you get a little boost from the fact you started moving. Usually applies to item based characters, tho if Sonic grabs a bomb/banana/turnip, he can do it too.

Do it with Peach, she gets insane height.

Jolteon

You do an air dodge input and then throw an item, result is you get the distance and go in the same direction that you air dodge in but throw the item at the same time.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
It's better than decent, it's really good.

Edit - Where do people think Toon Link is on the tier list (hear come the essays :awesome:)
I love TL and find him a fun secondary, but compared to others, he's just bad.

Of course this doesn't mean he can't give trouble in the right hands.

Also, his recovery is long, but too delicate. If you don't have a 2nd jump you're gone. I wouldn't call it good.

I'd put him in the mid 20s on a tier list.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
It would be interesting to see some tier lists organized in a way where the Melee tier list is used as a frame of reference.

For instance, instead of being ordered as top, high, mid, low, and bottom, it would be nice to see someone try to list characters under Melee Fox/Falco tier, Melee Sheik/Puff tier, Melee Marth/Peach tier, Melee Captain Falcon tier, and Melee ICs/Doc tier. I think this would provide a clearer frame of reference and dampen the exaggeration of both speculators and critics

Top Bottom