• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Foo

Smash Lord
Ugh. I really hope fox and samus aren't top tier. The only character I hate playing against more than those two is sonic. T-T

Foo

Smash Lord
Pick Ike and go even with all 3

(Ike gon be so gud)
I think ZSS beats samus (at least she did last patch), I just find it really unfun to play against samus. With the nair changes for zss, I bet she can combo samus even better now. However, if everyone starts playing fox that's... gonna make it impossible for ZSS to be remotely high tier. I think the matchup may be even worse than it was before since the changes to ZSS don't help against fox. I'll have to REALLY work on my roy (who I play against fox) if I want to compete against fox players. Oh well, sigh.

Also, Zss probably will do ok against sonic because of sonic nerfs.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I think ZSS beats samus (at least she did last patch), I just find it really unfun to play against samus. With the nair changes for zss, I bet she can combo samus even better now. However, if everyone starts playing fox that's... gonna make it impossible for ZSS to be remotely high tier. I think the matchup may be even worse than it was before since the changes to ZSS don't help against fox. I'll have to REALLY work on my roy (who I play against fox) if I want to compete against fox players. Oh well, sigh.

Also, Zss probably will do ok against sonic because of sonic nerfs.
I'm honestly just happy that Ike can fight Mewtwos, Lucases and Diddies now. *breathes easy*

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Baw, RIP dash cancel paralyzer. That **** was sexy. Faster paralyzer shots and lower startup is kinda sexy too though... What's up with the usmash change? Haven't gone in-game to check it yet (dl keeps ****ing up, do we have a mirror yet? found the mediafire link), hoping that denotes a fix to the move since they fixed fair.

Wolf changes... hm. We'll see.

Mewtwo changes are... okay, I think. Dtilt IASA buff helps offset some of the other things, it's a decent poke now. Later Shadow Ball cancel seems odd but whatever. RIP buttgrab. Not sure how I feel about changes to teleport yet, loss of DJ/hover was expected and ability to teleport through platforms is nice but earlier reappearance... eh. Is the grounded ending animation still stupidly long? Need to check some things I think.

Fox/Falco changes are a good thing. I guess removal of shine lock was a bug since it's back in now?

Last edited:

Jacob29

Smash Ace
did Mario really get nerfed?

I couldn't see anything that really toned him down.. at all...

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord

Weaker fireballs with later IASA, dtilt lost leg invincibility, less dsmash damage, dair hitboxes less stupid, dthrow less free, cape stall nerfed

so yes, somewhat

Last edited:

Foo

Smash Lord

His downthrow won't lead to free chain grabs and fairs, his fireball won't be stupidly good for aproaching because it's iasa is 6 frames longer, his down and side smash got nerfed, his down air won't have ******** range (like so http://i.imgur.com/syJojEi.png?3), his recovery is nerfed, and he lost some dumb things like intangibility on downtilt.

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Not sure how I feel about changes to teleport yet, loss of DJ/hover was expected and ability to teleport through platforms is nice but earlier reappearance... eh. Is the grounded ending animation still stupidly long? Need to check some things I think.
As for his teleport, he lost the ability to kill with up b fair at top of the screen.

Which ****ing blows. And its extremely pointless as you cant float out of up b the old way, but still retain a double jump.

Literally pointless for it to eat the double jump if the goal was to kill float.

Also if timed right, as in like a frame window which only works sometimes but nonetheless does, you can just barely manage an attack out of up b after having used a double jump.

I noted that before I think. Still all sucks.

No more ledgestall. Because like 10 other character totally don't have one. Or 3 in the case of melee spacies. And because we totally didn't get the ledge 5 limit then no invincibility thing.

Totally.

Foo

Smash Lord
As for his teleport, he lost the ability to kill with up b fair at top of the screen.

Which ****ing blows. And its extremely pointless as you cant float out of up b the old way, but still retain a double jump.

Literally pointless for it to eat the double jump if the goal was to kill float.

Also if timed right, as in like a frame window which only works sometimes but nonetheless does, you can just barely manage an attack out of up b after having used a double jump.

I noted that before I think. Still all sucks.

No more ledgestall. Because like 10 other character totally don't have one. Or 3 in the case of melee spacies. And because we totally didn't get the ledge 5 limit then no invincibility thing.

Totally.
No one has ledge stall anymore. After 5 regrabs, you get MUCH fewer invincibility frames

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
No one has ledge stall anymore. After 5 regrabs, you get MUCH fewer invincibility frames
I pointed that out. Kinda to prove a point. It was pointless to get rid of mewtwo's ledgestall if you're left so vulnerable after 5 regrabs.

I'd love to replace the 3.5 mewtwo with 3.02 to see how bad having the old ledge stall possibly could have been in debug.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Am I missing something here? I don't see anything that removes woopstalling except the regrab limit, but I'm still struggling to download the update.

Actions out of teleport consuming DJ imposes a greater element of risk in teleport use. It's a reasonable change and something along those lines was not unexpected, but I think that the animation change in combination with the action change might've overdone it.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
mfw squirt's side b gets nerfed to the ground and all luigi gets is a better dash attack

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
Am I missing something here? I don't see anything that removes woopstalling except the regrab limit, but I'm still struggling to download the update.

Actions out of teleport consuming DJ imposes a greater element of risk in teleport use. It's a reasonable change and something along those lines was not unexpected, but I think that the animation change in combination with the action change might've overdone it.
Let me put it this way.

The way mewtwo's teleport works now,

is almost exactly in melee in terms of the ledge.

If you try and do the ledge stall, in which you have to either hold completely vertically down or at an angle towards the stage and down should you not have known, you just go in that direction. You don't grab ledge. You can hold horizontally forward and do the ledge stall, unlike melee where you must hold the control stick up and forward, sorta. Same effect. This slow wonky ledge stall.

But hey, Only upside I see so far is that ledge cancelling mewtwo's up b is incredibly easy, allowing for a pseudo float out of teleport whilst still retaining a teleport out of float.

Mi4Slayer

Smash Cadet
I think link is going to drop upper mid ... The rang and the Zair got some unpleasant nerfs

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Diddy hardly got touched imo, wolf got de jank ed but not nerfed, fox didn't get nerfed at all, and up b fix is a buff worth like 2 pal upsmash nerfs

3.5 is going to be fun

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Can we just agree as a community to ban fox? I'm half serious. I don't wanna see him after all these changes.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Huh. That... actually is a really big change. Ledge mixups just became a lot less powerful.

At least teleport autocancels weren't touched.

In other news... I think Mewtwo gained a DACUS? Goes ~1/4 the length of FD.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Games been out for like 4 hours, see fox didnt get destroyed completely, want to just ban him

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Looking at how all the other characters that approached fox's level got nerfed, it is fair to say Fox is cleanly the best character. Hopefully i'm wrong and 3.5 is more balanced than fox dominance.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Let me put it this way.

The way mewtwo's teleport works now,

If you try and do the ledge stall, in which you have to either hold completely vertically down or at an angle towards the stage and down should you not have known, you just go in that direction. You don't grab ledge. You can hold horizontally forward and do the ledge stall, unlike melee where you must hold the control stick up and forward, sorta. Same effect. This slow wonky ledge stall.

But hey, Only upside I see so far is that ledge cancelling mewtwo's up b is incredibly easy, allowing for a pseudo float out of teleport whilst still retaining a teleport out of float.
I did a bit of testing and it seems that you can still do the woops decently fast. However the input is slightly different is all/harder to do

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Nah, Mewtwo's ledgestall definitely got nerfed. It's slower and the autocancel to the stage is noticeably slower/more telegraphed because you have to get more height before you can perform it.

Last edited:

DARKcpu0

Smash Apprentice
I did a bit of testing and it seems that you can still do the woops decently fast. However the input is slightly different is all/harder to do
You have to be pretty perfect for it to work as a proper ledgestall.

Nah, Mewtwo's ledgestall definitely got nerfed. It's slower and the autocancel to the stage is noticeably slower/more telegraphed because you have to get more height before you can perform it.
You can also see where mewtwo comes like 5 frames before he shows up as noted in the nerf list. More telegraphing. Wee.

Damn this ************ god his ledge game nerfed to the ground.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Fox/Samus/Lucas all seem hella good still but we're all going to have to do a lot of playtesting before assuming Fox is as broken as he seems on the surface.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ike is mad good against Fox guys.
Heed my warning, the spacey slayer is still here.

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Ok I'm not going to lie Ike is cool as **** I hope he becomes more popular. I hated the uber top tiers prepatch (Diddy, M2, Pit mostly but Lucas was dumb as well just because of how free his stuff was) and I'm really hoping the 3.5 top tiers will both be less crazy in terms of absolute power and more interesting to play against/watch

Top Bottom