• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

1FD

Smash Ace
If Bowser was as good as his Jab he's be top tier
But the jab is on Bowser
It's like Link is good then there's Rang
If Bowser was good and had that Jab then dayum
mild exageration but I love that jab
My jab
Don't touch it PMDT or I'll fight you and you will be scurred and give it back
So just save us from a changelog that says "3.51 Bowser Jab reverted" and don't touch it.
Am I clear about how much I love Jabs yet?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
well at least we have a bit more reasonable new idea of a child prodigy from word-of-mouth of the other child prodigy

and he's playing our game too!!! SUCK IT NERDS

Vashimus

Smash Master
Charizard's jab is stupid as ****. It's like everything you hated about Sheik's f-tilt, but worse.

ZSS's was also pretty silly back when it was frame 1 like in Brawl.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Speaking of Charizard I kind of realized something. If Charizard and Ivysaur were in Melee I don't think any character in the game would be able to recover. Charizard has nair, and Ivysaur has bair, instantly covering pretty much every option offstage.

Foo

Smash Lord
Speaking of Charizard I kind of realized something. If Charizard and Ivysaur were in Melee I don't think any character in the game would be able to recover. Charizard has nair, and Ivysaur has bair, instantly covering pretty much every option offstage.
Maybe yoshi? Or pikachu?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Maybe they could recover against ivy and charizard?
Sorry, I'm kinda of dazed right now and wasn't sure what you were saying lol

Pikachu wouldn't be able to, I think both of those moves hit below and above the stage. Yoshi might be able armor his way through.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I really like Ganon. I'd really like to see him get a hover. Increases pressure options, movement options, edgeguard options, and more offensive options in general.

Oh. Give him a laugh on a sweetspot fair. Falcon shouldn't be the only one to "Yes!".

Foo

Smash Lord
I really like Ganon. I'd really like to see him get a hover. Increases pressure options, movement options, edgeguard options, and more offensive options in general.

Oh. Give him a laugh on a sweetspot fair. Falcon shouldn't be the only one to "Yes!".
With all of those added, where will we fit in fireball?

@ Paradoxium Paradoxium Pikachu can go so high with his recovery that he could beat ivy backair unless he was REALLY far off. He'd also need to get swatted away a few times before he was a goner. Another potential character to make it through would be shiek because of the intangibility on up-b. Samus could also tether below or even out prioritize with a well time'd up-b (key being doing when the ivy/zard doesn't expect it.)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
fair doesn't have a sweetspot.

secret laugh taunt would be way better on dair, anyway, imo. only buff he'd need. the styling you could pull off with a hard read dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to tech read dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to fair, then off stage dair (HAHAHAHA!) would be immense.

Zoa

Smash Ace
fair doesn't have a sweetspot.

secret laugh taunt would be way better on dair, anyway, imo. only buff he'd need. the styling you could pull off with a hard read dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to tech read dair (HAHAHAHAHA!) to fair, then off stage dair (HAHAHAHA!) would be immense.
I was under the assumption fair still had a sweetspot. I'm a horrible Ganon user. QQ

I had an idea. Take all of his aerials...AND MAKE THEM DAIR. BUT WITH A TWIST. Ganon laughs every time you do an aerial. Imagine that and let it soak in.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
fair does have a sweet spot. it has darkness

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Can Ganons grunts be replaced with quick laughs and scoffs at his opponents?

Every move that connects, Ganon laughs at you.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
PMDT please give every character Olimar's moveset so that I can actually play as everyone

Bazkip

Smash Master
Can we get it on both

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just make Ganon laugh all the time
Watch the Twitch subscription dollars roll in as everybody plays Ganon on stream

1FD

Smash Ace
best thread
triforce thread
always with the triforce

Rang this rang that
Zelda ain't no fun
Ganon's sh*t, Ganon's crap
Toon Link bottom one
Sheik fell from melee heaven
Dthrow is for everyone
Skullkid is comin so hail 47
Get wrecked tiers... 3.5 plz come

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if I told you that 47 actually doesn't mean anything and its all a lie

illuminati

1FD

Smash Ace
She has a toad in her blouse
projectiles ain't ****
but yeah her and sheik are juicy melee top tiers that work well in pm enviro and stoked for their re-up-rising cause they good, they good.
Falcon too me thinks but more for sexiness
poor marf and jiggle

PM 3.5 wishlist whipping up here
Not things I really WANT, but things I hope the devs at least TRIED because I think they would be cool if some of it got to the game.
Im bored and made some of this list with locals so Imma post it with some stuff I want added
shadap

:bowser2:
- Increased Shield-Damage on Jab and Side-B hit.
- Earlier Jump-Cancel on grounded Down-B. (while still grounded)
- Invulnerable during Throws. (for doubles/projectile BS or whatever)

:falcon:
- More aerial control after peak of Up-B. (melee has cool tricks that pm lacks *it seems)
- New U-Smash (64-esque) if this is a crazy patch.

:charizard:
- Increased BKB on B-Air and Side-B sweetspots because they should be sexier moves.

:diddy:
- Up-B Barrel projectile only fires when hit within the first few frames of releasing it.
- Sourspot diversity to N-Air, U-Tilt, and Dash-Attack or whatever. (because I wanna see cooler combos from this character)

:dk2:
- Aerial Up-B can be cancelled any time after the Melee-duration by pressing B again.
- Earlier IASA frames on D-Smash, and Dash-Attack.

:fox:
- Usmash with good sweet-spot and mostly sourspots. (more precision required but still good)
- Shine doing very little damage/no damage.

:gw:
- Neutral-B angle control. (Holding up or down launches projectiles between the 2 highest or lowest trajectories, not holding up or down is the full spread)
- Quicker throw releasing.

:ganondorf:
- Variation of the Triforce Ganon mod with 3.02 Ganon as one of the variations (if this patch is crazy)

:popo:
- AI/Nana tweaks of course but also Increased BKB to initial hitboxes on F-Tilt, D-Tilt, N-Air, B-Air, and F-Air (player and AI) for some better sopo/raw fighting style gameplay.

:ivysaur:
- Increased difference between Smash vs Tilt Side-B.

:jigglypuff:
- Increased range on F-Tilt.
- Neutral-B no longer leads to free-fall.
- Significant difference between Smash vs Tilt Side-B and can be Jump-Cancelled on-hit only.
- A taunt that gives her a marker to carry around Squirtle-Shades style because sexy

:dedede:
- Earlier initial hitbox on Jab.
- Less endlag on Neutral-B spit and grounded Side-B.
- More frequent Gordo's but only occurring from grounded Side-B or controlled somehow.
- Heavier Waddles. (harder to kill)
- Bigger Shield.

:link2:
- Grab and zair range increased by 50000% like canon to games type range (jkz zair is stupid)

:lucas:
- His Zair is stupid too.

:luigi2:
- Crawl attack would be sexy.

:marth:
- Increased KBG on tipper hitbox half-way through Up-B for cooler combo options.

:olimar:
- Pikmin diversity even bigger cause it's actually so cool. (sexy stuff is here to be done)

:roypm:
- More diversity in Side-B hits. (some fakes/cancelling quickly, others delayed and strong, sexy stuff/etc)

:samus2:
- Tether recovery matched to Z-Air range (like wtf too big) and less BKB or something. (i just don't like this move it's too good)

:sheik:
- Side-B tether recovery because it's sexy. (who cares if it's too good if it's sexy)
:sheilda:
- Transform has set loading time/all-star style instant switch or something mechanics.

:sonic:
- Decreased damage on Down-B and maybe most moves. (want more/longer combos and resets in a stock)

:squirtle:
- Increased BKB on F-Tilt and increased KBG on Aqua Jet. (i wanna kill so sexy-like with this a lot more)

:wolf:
- Earlier audio on taunts for good cancels.

:yoshi2:
- No longer can be Shield-poked.

Then obv stuff like nerf D-Throws/Grab ranges on :snake::pit::kirby2:, bug fixes like release points on :popo::pikachu2::jigglypuff:, stop the :ivysaur: auto-aim sized hitboxes and :mario2: metagameless spaceship garbage and :lucas::diddy: to an extent too, then de-centralize :ness2::link2:, etc stuff.

Special mention because bias
:kirby2:
- More beneficial variations of abilities gained from Copying with Neutral-B. (i want some sexy reasons to steal stuff, I'd list like everything I want by mah gawd there's a lot I would love to see)
He's Kirb he needs a good copy that copies good copies of things dammit
- Invulnerable vs vulnerable timings on Down-B tweaked. (3.5 debug might make sense of it though)

Special mention 2 because bias
New chars
..........only so Kirby can copy them of course....

Last edited:

jtm94

Smash Lord
DK can have IASA frames on dash attack only if he loses stupid armor.

GnW has angle control on Neutral B. Up, Down, Neutral, In, and Away. Kind of slight, makes it almost not random, sort of a pain to do, but not impossible in a set.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DK's Dash attack is already one of the lowest endlag DAs in the game afaik, IASAs frame 36 last I checked. Tied with Sheik.

Top Bottom