• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
final post on this
I'm going to have to repeat this a million times because apparently there's no other reasonable argument here

so here's the mindset: here's a move that has a slight deviation from the norm, and is different in its situations
by being smart about how to use it and cover its weaknesses, it can be a good move (not even closest to the GREATEST move, in no way overbearing if you understand how it works, and lmao if you sincerely believe that meta knights should use it constantly compared to a good aerial approach)
thus, it is evil and overpowered and nerfs forever

nothing even close to any kind of understanding of "well, alright, how would I go about dealing with this move", just giving up from the getgo, because someone who understood the character used it cleverly, and that just won't do

that is an incredibly gross mindset

I don't understand your argument canon, umbreon just gave an in depth analysis on fsmash, and its affects on different ways of a player trying to punish it. From my point of view that isn't giving up trying to understand it, quite the opposite in fact.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The Princess is in another castle?

I dunno what's going on, here have this picture:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Good Zelda:

Stop using so much damn Din's Fire
Good reaction time to stuff approaches
Be that ******* who pivot Utilts someone coming in
If you run into trouble, mash B and it will probably work out
Stop jumping, press buttons on ground

(It takes more than that to be a good Zelda. Maybe)

Props to people that decided to main her. I don't see the allure of that character in a Melee setting honestly.

Add more DD Grab and Pivot F-Tilt in there and set-for-life happens.

Why are people complaining about things like Naryu's Love and Whirling Fortress? Without those, characters like that would be... nearly dysfunctional.
LEAVE MK'S F-SMASH AND FOX'S U-SMASH ALONE!!!

D

Deleted member

"Zelda's so hard to fight against. She makes the game unfun for me. I don't feel like I'm playing Smash anymore. Nerf Nayru's"

*places Zelda in bottom third of tier list*

Hilarious.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bahahaha

Comments like that are how Mario gets misplaced into top 5 and ****

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
MM me fools. I will fight for marios honor, which id say would be about as high as marth on the tier list

Papa+Stone

Marth sliding into low tier, be careful.
How does marth go into low tier hes the same as hes always been. If you mean that he has no good results its because no good marths are currently invested in pm and no pm players want to get good at marth because theyre allergic to melee top tiers

Papa+Stone

That wouldnt delegate him to a lower tier though. Pretty sure his dair got a landlag cut or something so its not like hes worse or anything. Maybe you guys are underrating the guy

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"Zelda's so hard to fight against. She makes the game unfun for me. I don't feel like I'm playing Smash anymore. Nerf Nayru's"

*places Zelda in bottom third of tier list*

Hilarious.
Zelda could be the absolute worst character in the game, and still have braindead boring MU's. I mean if you play Zelda, none of this matters to you anyways. They could have made Zelda a Human Tank Monster with Googly Eyes, and people would still play her.

Edit: Marth is low tier, hop on the bandwagon bro. You've missed out on the past 6 months I guess.

Papa+Stone

Lol i dont complain about matchups anymore. Ive played low tiers in melee long enough to get over my weaknesses and just work on improving. I like finding ways to exploit weaknesses and overcome anything, so i dont see any problem fighting campy characters, and since i play mario i can beat anyone. Ill MM a zelda around here to help demonstrate how to beat her. You guys will thank me later

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Thank you Papa. You know what? I'm going to call you Big Papa. I bet you love it when they call you Big Papa. Throw your hands in the air cause you a true player.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is PM. The whole point is to complain about MU's. We hold tournaments to see who gets saltier. We've been doing this since 2010 in Brawl actually.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is why we need the social thread back imo imo

My little pony, sparkles and magic, make it all go away

I think we should abolish tier lists in Smash. Tiers imply that I ***** them to be good.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm one genital itch away from nuking this thread with bees.

Edit: I kind of want to post bees regardless.

Edit Edit: Mario's dumb or something idk. Can't wait for Fox to turn into Yoshimitsu

Top Bottom