• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunders' Combo.* Udated Again* 9~27~06

MC Mike

Smash Journeyman

Kino

Smash Cadet
Blind you got a point, some people told you it was old news, but ah well, people are idiots, and it is fact that people are biased to this wwith big post counts and flashy sigs. its true :/ But then again, well done to anyone who found this combo. its v. nice.

Blind you got a point, some people told you it was old news, but ah well, people are idiots, and it is fact that people are biased to this wwith big post counts and flashy sigs. its true :/ But then again, well done to anyone who found this combo. its v. nice.
This combo is old news, but as you can see in my fist post whenever i mention/describe this combo, ppl dont know what im talking about.
also, theres much more ppl in the smash community now, and more spammers and stuff, that might explain why my thread has more attention or w/e.
also, you didnt mention much anbout the follow up process. Blind. just waveshine to jab, which everyone knows. (just about)

Blind

Honorbound
Read the post? I talked about following with tech-chased grabs, aerials, and smashes on floaties, using d-tilt instead of jab because of its ease and range, and potential follow-ups from THAT...

and yes, I am very much on my period. Somebody came in and wondered when I got a red carpet in my room. It was a riot.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
I can do this consistently all the time on my friends falco, but he DIs away from me and in this case the jab never reaches him, is it the fact that you can't do it when they DI away? or the matter that i'm not perfect wavedashing with fox, although i seem to be by what i'm looking at.

thx for the help.

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
silent wolf i can do the the combo for no problem but my friend keeps teching the shine so i cant get him now what do i do?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol I did this on my first try, but it's too hard to do consistently in fox dittos, but on falco it's easy

regardless of that, this is pretty good and I'm stealing this strategy against falcos and I'm gonna test similar **** out on other fast fallers like Roy and such thanks =D

Edit - I would like to congradulate you on having a USEFUL topic on the Fox forums that someone like me can actually use for tournament play that's useful and helpful.

Your welcome lol. I would think someone of your fox knowledge wouldve known just about everything about this sorta thing but whatever.

im going to update this thread i think, with variation and stuff, make it more organized w/e.
by hard on foxes do you mean, they get out of it easier, its actually hard to do, or just "hard" compared to doing it on falcos? cause im sure its not hard, lol.

edit, okay then, im done editing the first post, everyone should check it out now. i will update soon with ways to escape its main combo and possibly more.

Doraki

Smash Lord
if the opponent smash DIs the jab upwards or if his %age is high enough, he will pop up in the air long enough for the "I'm laying on the ground and I'm hit by a weak move" animation to finish before landing, so he'll just land on the ground. I should try it but a fox might be able to shine or nair the fox doing that combo on him.

if the opponent smash DIs the jab upwards or if his %age is high enough, he will pop up in the air long enough for the "I'm laying on the ground and I'm hit by a weak move" animation to finish before landing, so he'll just land on the ground. I should try it but a fox might be able to shine or nair the fox doing that combo on him.
thanks for that, ill add that soon. when i feel likle updating again. :)
ill add a lot of ways too get out of it, actually...not too many. lol

EDIT - okay then, i added several ways of escpe and about doing it nito shinespike. just added what to do if they CC it :)

Oskurito

Smash Lord
jab>shine looks very sexy and flashy that combo you did looked flashy i should try it when i go home. the follow ups may come up from my mind by pure nature:laugh: jab>shine looks very sexy and flashy

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I never really bothered to look at Thunder's Combo.

I was doing it before I even knew what it was called =S

that's cause It doesn't actually have a name lol. Just started calling it that cause ppl around me do, lol. so i guess i was too =S lol. its too good.

takieddine

Smash Master
This combo although awesome if performed correctly has too many chances for error both from you messing up, and the victim'd DI and teching.

This combo although awesome if performed correctly has too many chances for error both from you messing up, and the victim'd DI and teching.
yes, what bladewise said, lol. didnt you read how i put that pretty much nothing bad can come from them getting out of it, aside from the fact you didnt do what you wanted? you still have oppurtunities like crazy in mostly all cases. plus, once you get the hang of it you really dont ever mess up.:)

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
will someone tel lme if this works?

(if anyone made this up or if it was stated before im sry) im not sure if it works al lthe time but i know it does on the computer... drillshine>jab>drillshine>jab and so on. as u know the jab makes falco get up so you can shine him again and repeat. like i said i had no clue if this works on human players but it easily works on the computer.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Yea, I've been doing that for a while now, also saw Rock in some of the videos on youtube doing that. Still good stuff though.

I don't really have problems doing this combo on anyone that falls after they get hit by foxes shine. Perfect wavedash fixes alot of my jab problems. From there I change up my ending of the combo each time, to make it less predictable of what I'm going to do. After the jab and they stand up, I'll nair combo, or SHUair to CG or SHUair to Uair combo, drillshine to jab repeatedly etc etc... it's a really great technique.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
awesome lol i kidna wish i inventerd it though lol o well im glad to know it works because i overuse my shine and when i first fought falco i used it once twice in a match (for wakeup calls and shine spikes extc.) now i cna actully pull off a shine combo with falco. to bad it can be Di'd lol. thnx again

Don't count on anything you find out for yourslef being invented by you, I'm not saying your bad or dumb, it's that pretty much everything's been found out.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Don't count on anything you find out for yourslef being invented by you, I'm not saying your bad or dumb, it's that pretty much everything's been found out.
tru, but one can hope lol i guess ill have to wait till brawl comes out to invent combos lol :-p

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
to bad it can be Di'd lol
Yea this here is why I change up the ending continuously, depending on reaction and/or what I feel like doing. The reason I like this is simply because it's flexible, you don't have to do the same ending or repeated attacks. They don't know what I'm going to do after the jab because it's not really ever exactly the same. It's Flexible and that's why I like it so much.

It's pretty much habbit now, just like when people play falco and hit them with their shine they follow up with their line of attacks. It's just this is seems more flexible and less predictable, but it depends on how you handle it. You would be surprised how often you can pull this off, seeing as how often people get hit by fox's shine.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
crazy combo. nice.

i like to see another fox that prefers uthrow usmash usmash to chaingrabbing as well :p
i like doin shine>jab>uthrow>usmash>chainthrow

but thunders combo by far is my fav combo. i busted it out on my friend who plays roy, all he had to say way to be top tier lol

Top Bottom