• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Grats Cao, :( Sam, and woot! Em for sheik representation! Bahhh I wanna see vids up asap!

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
GOOOOOOOO SHAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Don't believe in yourself! Believe in ME, who believes in YOUUUUUUUUUUU

zApollo

Smash Ace
Earl makes me very proud, winning a round with ZSS against (presumably) Chris' mk.

tsitsaron

Smash Rookie
wish i could of stayed to play my round .. but had to forfeit coz my gf was having an asthma attack ... oh well maybe next time

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
havent raged that hard in a while. sorry sydney. and ive been put off brawl again. *sigh*

in other news, good work tibs.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1: tibs
2: Shaya
3: Amaterasu
4: Earla
5: tedeth
5: swordsaintscoot
7: Nanda
7: Liam
9: C-Dog
9: Silfa
9: luke_atyeo
9: Meteor
13: Scabe
13: Attila
13: J-Birds
13: S.D
17: Bjay
17: Hotdogs
17: Zero_
17: Nicks
17: KEITA
17: ViVa
17: Zxv
17: SCAR1

1: Thundering Hapalhops (Shaya + Meteor)
2: Team Awesome (Earl + Nicks)
3: Elysium (luke_atyeo + tedeth)
4: Doctor Gaga (Amaterasu + Nova)
5: Team Seven (Tibs + Attila)
5: Ten Thousand Thundering Typhoons (Liam + Toby)
7: Get SCOOOTED (swordsaintscoot + C~Dog)
7: Delicious Adventure (SCAR1 + Vyse)
9: V for Victoria (ViVa + Vermy)
9: Stale Moves (Stray + Nanda)
9: Hazardous Scoundrels (CAOTIC + Bjay)
9: Random Adventurers (Gords + zxv)
13: Beautiful Lobsters (fruityman + Wolfy)
13: Hyrule Kings of Swing (Scabe + Silfa)
13: Meta Robots (e_alert + LeishaChu)
13: Ginger Ninja (Hotdogs + J-Birds)
17: Story of the Lovable Doctors (Rad + druckey)
17: Alzi Sucks (Melancholy + SummonerAU)

1: CAOTIC
2: S.D
3: Kupo
4: Turtle
5: Sloth
5: Zxv
7: Amaterasu
7: unreon
9: tibs
9: Earla
9: Bjay
9: Jaz
13: Vyse
13: Hotdogs
13: tedeth
13: Gords
17: Attila
17: J-Birds

Figure it out >.>

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sorry to tell you testi but your copy of brawl didnt make it... It's still at my house LOOOOL

Sieg

Smash Champion
1 : Team A - HB [ AK ] shaaaaa [ SK ] Genxa [ AB ]
2 : Team E - Jack [ SA ] Afterdeath [ ZA ] wizbore [ RY ]
3 : Team I - Gamogo [ AK ] Fox [ DI ] Vindk878 [ DH ]
4 : Team B - hebretto [ DI ] deadpool [ CV ] yoguy [ KE ]
5 : Team F - bksama [ SA ] Skitzr [ SK ] furyblitz [ DI ]
5 : Team K - bbbenson [ EH ] kientan [ CH ] acedizl [ SA ]
7 : Team J - Seig [ BO ] Vermy [ CH ] Jason [ AB ]
7 : Team M - Carlton [ CH ] JPR [ CV ] Hotdog [ RY ]

9 : Team D - CPS2 [ CH ] Kyokugen [ CV ] Ezekiel D [ GU ]
9 : Team G - Isorropia [ ZA ] daiakuji [ AK ] AlexK [ RY ]
9 : Team H - Azure [ CH ] Auxide [ BO ] Monmi [ AK ]
9 : Team L - X-Fade [ BO ] MrKimchi52 [ CA ] Remxi [ SK ]
13 : Team C - pdcsky [ RY ] Static [ CA ] k3npachi [ BO ]

Not bad if I don't say so myself. Impressive job guys.

stiks

Smash Rookie
1 : Team A - HB [ AK ] shaaaaa [ SK ] Genxa [ AB ]
2 : Team E - Jack [ SA ] Afterdeath [ ZA ] wizbore [ RY ]
3 : Team I - Gamogo [ AK ] Fox [ DI ] Vindk878 [ DH ]
4 : Team B - hebretto [ DI ] deadpool [ CV ] yoguy [ KE ]
5 : Team F - bksama [ SA ] Skitzr [ SK ] furyblitz [ DI ]
5 : Team K - bbbenson [ EH ] kientan [ CH ] acedizl [ SA ]
7 : Team J - Seig [ BO ] Vermy [ CH ] Jason [ AB ]
7 : Team M - Carlton [ CH ] JPR [ CV ] Hotdog [ RY ]

9 : Team D - CPS2 [ CH ] Kyokugen [ CV ] Ezekiel D [ GU ]
9 : Team G - Isorropia [ ZA ] daiakuji [ AK ] AlexK [ RY ]
9 : Team H - Azure [ CH ] Auxide [ BO ] Monmi [ AK ]
9 : Team L - X-Fade [ BO ] MrKimchi52 [ CA ] Remxi [ SK ]
13 : Team C - pdcsky [ RY ] Static [ CA ] k3npachi [ BO ]

Not bad if I don't say so myself. Impressive job guys.
HB as in humanbomb?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah, Humanbomb was there.

I'm trying to figure out if I versed him on the day, but I don't think so.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Little asian guy in a purple shirt, was ****** everything with akuma. Chances are unless you fought him in tournament you didn't play him, he was usually playing like 20 matches in a row vs people like benson, ace, etc.

And yeah, go my team. 2 losses in a row but we didn't come last in sf4. :S

Also HYPE BLAZBLUE TOURNAMENT.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
sam shoulve won melee. suicide johns gj cao and everyone else that did good esp tibs <3 shoutouts maybe later if i can be bothered.

kupo

Smash Lord
I'll start off with the shoutouts. This will keep me awake for a bit before I get a decent amount of sleep for the night.

A special shoutout for the TO's and make up artist (Shaya, Cao and Ashley) for their efforts to make this event possible. From organising Thriller dancing, to make ups then to the main event for the weekend. Kudos to you all for running a successful major and side events. One to remember for a very long time :).

And a special shoutout to Unny and his family for being such a lovely host and putting up with us. Be sure to give me a call if you ever need housing when you come down here.

Shoutouts in no particular order

VIC
Cao: Amazing play as always (nice bowling too :D). I'm sorta bummed that at this point, I'll never come across you in a major. There's just always an obstacle in the way! Well deserved win. More low tier friendlies next time ja? Thanks for cheering me up too. Much wubs all around. Hope you've recovered from the cold or whatever it is.

Tibs: Grats on winning Brawl singles! How do you get so good?! D: I don't know much about brawl tactics, etc, but watching you play was very entertaining with all the banana juggling. Simply amazing. Good melee friendlies we had. Doc is getting there at a good pace. Hope to see you rise above the ranks and beat the higher ranked players. I'm sure that would be good to watch :).

Attila: Never got to see you play, but it was good to talk from time to time. Bad luck in your brawl matches. Make up next time for it yeah? :) It's funny watching you play Melee. Hope you do pick it up and consider playing competitively! Good costume and dancing too!... I suck qq!

Earl: Such a chillax guy. Thanks for being awesome as always :). Wowowowowow at ZSS kills against Chris. That was huuuuuuuge!

Ashley: Some good FFA matches we had. That was sooo much fun <3. Thanks for being our make up artist! Hope you had fun here.

SYD
Unny: Double shoutout for you for being such an awesome person housing and driving us around. It was so good to see you again (seems like forever since Rocky hey?). Bow down to the king of pop! Don't feel too bad about losing to Zxv. He has improved a lot (from watching vids). We'll do more friendlies and training so you'll be playing much more confidently! :D We just got outplayed by Kulla and Pat, so don't feel too bad about it. We'll get revenge next time :D.

ComboTurtle: You're a very very happy and laid back person which is the total opposite of what I thought you'd be in person (I didn't get to talk with you much at Rocky). But hey!
Good friendlies we played and you got your revenge with Fox :p. I think I would've lost by a considerable margin if you stayed back and played a defensive style like Dekar's. I made sooo many mistakes. GG's either way. More and more friendlies at RC :D

S.D: Out classed and out played. I have a long-streak records and a bad habit of throwing matches and I do feel really bad about it. Dissapointing loser finals and the frustration of many mistakes just ruined my mood completely for a bit. It's stuff like that makes we want to quit the game since it requires extra effort to play around the mistakes. At the end of the day, you were the better player and it would be nice to see someone besides Kas beat Cao and claim victory/bragging rights. No hard feelings. More friendlies too :). I'll try to come to Syd more often. It's really fun there and something different. Hope you got your job.

Jaz: Revenge is mine! Naaaah, it wasn't a tournament match so it doesnt count :p. It was great seeing you again and you've got a good sense of humor. I didn't get to see you do your trademark Sean Connery thing you always do. I hope you do come to RC, but I understand that it's costly, but I'm willing to pay for your expenses! Your presence will surely be missed.

Kulla and Pat: *Sigh* Why did you have to go? :< Wish you both were there for singles. Being third just doesn't sit right with me without having a game with the both of you.

Scabe: LOL! Good job beating Tom in pools. Don't worry I suck at bowling too. Good friendlies we had :). Hope you continue to play more.

QLD
Sieg: Same with Turtle, I thought you'd be hard to get along with. Suprisingly chillax! I wish there was just a day where we (You, Chris, Scott, Jason and myself) could just relax one day and just do whatever it is that's fun to do. Yum Cha was a good experience eh? ;) Hope you enjoyed it regardless and eat more at Chinese restaurants. When you come down here, I'll point you to some good ones that are westernized that caters for everyone. :) Was so good to finally meet you. Hope to see you at Rocky. Thanks for cheering me up too.

Chris: I was so scared to come up against you. But I really thought you had the third game. You're really the best doubles partner thus far. Grats! I thought MK dittoes are just as boring as Sheik dittoes, it was suprisingly fun to watch good players duke it out. Well played. I hope to see you when you're back here in a week or two. Lemme know and I'll come on over :).

Bryce: Oh mi Gosh. How much I missed thee. So so soooo good to see you again. I didn't get to see you DDR at all. Maybe I should'be snuck out and watch you and Sieg play :p. Wish you stayed around for longer just to talk about random things. Along with Turtle, I still think you would have beaten me also if it weren't for the dumb lag LCD that you put up with for practice qq! There's always next time, and I'm going to miss you til RC (you better come B*tch <3). Much wubs.

Scott: Same, suprisingly chill. I just always get suprised when meeting QLD'ers. Either way, it was nice meeting you. Good matches we played too in pools. I still hate jiggs regardless.

That's all I can be bothered to type up. If I missed you, sorry. My brain is almost dead and I have a job interview in the morn. GG's everyone.

Hope to see you all at RC :).

Sloth

Smash Ace
You missed out on me Emily ! </3 no loooove.
Good luck on your interview btw!

I might type up some shoutouts later in the week. Right now terminology on internet marketing is consuming all thinking space in my mind.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I think people like Unreon, Thundermistress, SD, Kulla, Attila, Zero and Emily defined the Thriller experience. Whilst tournaments like this come and go, it's the really random stuff you think the scene could never pull off (Smashers dancing) that will make this hard to forget. It was genuinely surprising to see Smashers follow through the dance from start to finish. We can be more of a scene than what we are and everyone that was able to share the Friday night with us would have seen what I meant.

The tournament was solid, but I suppose there weren't the grand final upsets or wildcard performances spectators were hoping for (my apologies for that). SD's gotten pretty far to become a real contender for best Melee player, so I don't really know why he didn't win. I wish I could have done more to help Emily at the time in the tournament and I too would consider a veteran fund for Jaz to RC, but knowing him, he would leg his way over to Melbourne on his own terms. Chris is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom