• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread for co-ordinating SNY1. Brits read and help please :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
i would happily not have corneria if it means i can't use mute or brinstar.

And I personally think bf should be a neutral over fod, but i can see why ppl would think otherwise too

Aiko

Smash Champion
I dont think the edges of the stage are as detrimental as the random heights of the platforms of FoD and the size. BF is a better sized stage to be neutral than FoD

Aiko

Smash Champion
yes but were not asking for specific matchups on it. Overall I think BF is more fair than FoD

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
BF>FoD the problem could be sorted with having them both neutral? or a vote maybe? personally i would have both + gay stages on lol

J03

Smash Master
there are 6 neutrals but we need 5 for stzage striking so one had to be dropped. the stages up for dropping where BF and FoD. its gonna be one or the other. FoD usually gets stuck but when it doesn its usually because the 2 characters go even on the stage so its no big at all.

J03

Smash Master
if someone said that at their tourney they was doing stage striking with FoD in place of FoD there wouldnt be any problems, except of course the people who complain regardless lol

Ed- change your picture! that blob fish is ****ing disgusting

Tero.

Smash Champion
I think that when those kinda stages get added then it should come in addition with the other gay stages. Cos the gay stages which have been named so far (mute city and brinstar) really only benefit the floaties like Peach and Jiggs while the rest of the gay stages cater to other characters.

So IMO I think that if Brinstar and Mute are added then so should Rainbow Ride, Poke Floats and Corneria.

And if Brinstar isn't added then it should only be the normal 7 stages and then just decid wha's gonna be random and not etc.
Also I love stage striking, I tihnk it should definitely be applied to this.
This is true.
Either add all of those stages or add none of them.

Yeah I really enjoy stage striking. I dont want to add brinstar if it means the other stages have to be added. I think if we do that alot of europeans wont be happy at all. Ae tero said it has to be somewhat conservative for a really large tournament.

Mybe just the 7 then?
7 Stages + Stage Striking would be the best thing.
You can also strike with all 7 stages, however if you rather want 5 stages for striking I'd say use Battlefield, so you have the same neutral stages for singles and doubles + BF has no random elements.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As much as I dislike BF's glitchy edges; it's a very common stage that is picked with stage striking which imo suggests that it should be a neutral.

porc

Smash Journeyman
If I can give a my opinion on how should crews be seeded :

1. Netherland (Lots of top players)
2. Sweden / France (While Sweden has a few top players, France has lots of very good)
3. Spain / Germany (Same thing)
4. Norway / UK
5. Italy / Finland
6. Denmark (I just say that 'cause I never heard of good dannish results in big tourneys :o)

I dont want to start a flaming debate about level. Just trying to help, it's only my opinion.

Brado

Smash Lord
I'd like to come to the meetings if that's cool Kone, seeing as Birmingham's such a cheap/easy trip for me to make it'd be worth it.

Kone

Smash Master

2. Sweden / France (While Sweden has a few top players, France has lots of very good)
4. Norway / UK
5. Italy / Finland
6. Denmark (I just say that 'cause I never heard of good dannish results in big tourneys :o)

I dont want to start a flaming debate about level. Just trying to help, it's only my opinion.
I don't thnk this topic could ever become a flaming war Porc. The countries don't play each other enough to warrant such hostility. However, on the other hand, it may create some itneresting debates :chuckle:

I agree with what you posted 99%. The Netherlands are clearly the first seed. Second seed is a lot tougher. Who are france's top ten? poilon, inf, qlex, salepate, aska, darko, baxon, makenshi ________? Sweden has armada and then who? maybe france are the higher seed.

In team crews what would the amount of people be?

MAXIMUM it should be 10 but I still think it should be less cos of time and stuff.
I still haven't decided this and it does affect the seedings. I think five is too small. It is advantageous for countries with few very good players and then a gulf in talent. I would be pointing my finger towards the likes of spain, sweden and spain here. In my opinion international crews should show a fair representation of a community. I think this means there has to be more than 5 per team. This way countries such as france, netherlands, germany and the UK are more fairly represented.

Also, I wont be allowing countries to join up and I dont think five will be sufficient to compete.

My other idea, if time means we can't do ten, would be *maybe* to have the first round of the bracket as 5 per team. Then next round would be 7/8 and finally ten.

I'd like to come to the meetings if that's cool Kone, seeing as Birmingham's such a cheap/easy trip for me to make it'd be worth it.
Yeah that is fine Brad. I am hapy for anyone to be involved in the staff team. The six that Inamed are the six I am hoping will help alot (they dont have to and can obv opt out). But anyone is welcome to step up to the plate and get involved. Just remember we will be discussing things and not playing smash. These are meetigns and not smasfests :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
"I would be pointing my finger towards the likes of spain, sweden and spain here" :laugh:

4. Norway / UK
5. Italy / Finland

Finland also beat Denmark in a crew battle recently. Well the top2 players in Denmark weren't there, and i'm sure it wasn't the strongest Finland team either... But I think it's safe to say that's fair seeding for us. Especially with people here just hoping to get out of pools at Berlin calling. :embarrass

And with so many ties around does seed 2/3 really matter? Why not just give them the same seed and let tio place them "randomly". Their lower matchup seems to be a toss-up between two other countries again anyway.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ed; I've spoken to my mate and he says he is interested in making the website. I'll try and catch charles online later and work out details.

gm jack

Smash Lord
This is looking awesome already. Definitely be up for a bit of money as a good player fund. Just hope there is enough time for friendlies to ***** them out for practice.

Top Bottom