• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thread for co-ordinating SNY1. Brits read and help please :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I would chip in money as well.

And I wouldn't say Corneria shouldn't be on cos of Fox lol......Jigglypuff also has alot of stages in her favour from the stage list but one map shouldn't be erased cos of one character lol.

And also if Mute and Brinstar is on then so should Corneria be.

Kone

Smash Master
umm yeah no idea how to edit that google map :/ - OX11 0RR
lI have added you tamoo. You just click edit. Then put your post code in. Click on the tournament name and it'll bring up the edit tools. Click on a pin and put it over where you live. You can then edit your name in etc

When you are finished save it :)

Well done to alan for adding himself successfully.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
maybe everyone who wants to commentate should have ago in gt2?? to see if they really wanna do it and just incase the community hates the sound of their voice

and yeah i would chip in some money as well.

J03

Smash Master
maybe everyone who wants to commentate should have ago in gt2?? to see if they really wanna do it and just incase the community hates the sound of their voice

and yeah i would chip in some money as well.
aye i dont mind, i usually commentate becuase most people are ****e at it rofl.

AmcD

Smash Ace
I think we are only paying for their flight is because they will be flying from America!?
If not then I see your point.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
charles dont forget they're going to apex right before this as well :/

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
5. Kate is prepared to cook two meals a day for the tournament. The price of the meals with be £2 for all. For those that help as staff or bring tvs then these will be free. I know it sint a large incentive but wanted to show some form of appreciation :chuckle:
Ill bring a TV lol

7. Im wanting an online registration site w/e. Anyone know how I would go about this or able to create one for me?
Ask porc or someone that did TSL

Lastly, to make this tournament huge we need to get the big names here. Mainly, this means Armada and Amsah. However, there is a large american tournament finishing two days before this and they are expected to go. Joe has spoken to them and they are interested in making this after apex.
Would be up for that
If I get really bored over easter I could make a promo video bu i cant promise anything

Kone

Smash Master
Charles- Apex is right before this. If amsah/armada etc go then itmakes it less likely they go to SNY. If we offer to pay for their plane ticket, if they flew into london, home then I think we could guarantee their turnout.

Paying for amsah/armadas single flight with ryanair from london is a realistic target for the UK. Heck, we maybe even able to offer it to more (zgetto, over, strawhat) if they were to go to apex. However, the UK community wise is very small. How do youe xpect us to help americans when their flights could be around £500? opposed to like the £50 mark for both amsah and armada. The reason america/canada can help europeans to fly over is because their communities are much larger and have more frequent tournaments where cash can be raised at.

Note- this is if they go to apex. If they aren't I expect they can afford this.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
the thing is, how do you decide what europeans to do this for. People like Remen, Adam etc may be offended

Kone

Smash Master
lol im pretty confident they won't be offended especially saying as I know them. As ive stated we pay for those that go to apex to ensure they come to SNY. Adam, remen etc wont go to apex therefore they should be able to afford sny on their lonesome.

J03

Smash Master
aye, basically theyd have to pay for a return flight to say, amsterdam->america.

if we buy theyre ticket from london -> amsterdam its no extra cost to go to two massive touries in 1 week lol o_0.

and trust me, people WILL be very interested in that notion.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
when the tournament finally gets big enough you could do like HMW does in the U.S and set up a fund, through like paypal for players who would be unable to travel due to expense?? Then make a video promoting it or something?? but would have to wait for tournament to get pretty big first....

Kone

Smash Master
Okay a few announcements and help needed;

1. The prices are now confirmed. It is £11 a night with a bed and £6 a night for floor space. Maximum two nights and that is your venue fee.

2. We have the venue from 9.30 am Tuesday until 19.00 Thursday.

3. Rule sets-> what should we go for? I want this posted asap.

4. Can anyone make me a registration site? I need it set up asap as itll start hype etc craig said he would make it but is now uncontactable.

5. In singles I think we will be sticking with one round of pools and then a large bracket. Dont think I have time for two rounds.

6. I have started to collect tvs from freecycle and the local dump lol. This tournament is going to have the largest number of tvs known at any european tournament ever. Therefore, i expect EVERY brit coming to the tournament to bring their setup. No excuses guys!

7. Im going to run international crews on the first night. I think this will be in the format of a single elimination bracket (crews are exhausting, to many and they lose their appeal). What countries do you think should be seeded? we will probably have; sweden, norway, finland, italy, germany, france, holland, uk, spain and need four top seeds aswell as two countries to 'play off' for the other non seeded quarter final spot.

Sweden and holland are definiites. Then france i would say. After that it is alot harder =s

Kone

Smash Master
Well imagine that its going to be an 8 team single elimination bracket. We need four seeds. In my opinion that is holland and sweden definetly. Then, france. One more..so you are saying it should be germany or spain charles?

Spain = over, k12 and straw
Germany= Ice, pamaro, tero, kjab

Not sure who else they have?

Then one team needs to play off to make it into the bracket. Were you suggesting it be norway v finland charles?

Jolteon

Didn't porc say he could give you a copy of the TSL registration site?

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah he did but I need different options in the site + I need the ability to take payments online. We need to pay for the venue 2 weeks before the tournament itself. Which means we need online registration. I cant edit the site porc would give me so would be pretty useless.

stelzig

Smash Lord
The danish interest for this tournament is pretty decent Kone. I think it's pretty likely that we'll have enough for a (bad) crew as well :)

Kone

Smash Master
stelzig - That is really cool to hear. I know that there is a chance there would be danish, swiss and austrian interest but didnt include your countries in the list as it'll depend on how many guys you get. Im confident that the countries I post will make it.

It is likely then that the small nations will complete for the two last bracket spots in a play off type tie.

Jolteon

ah, fair enough. Charles put up a thread on NE about making a website, and I know someone who makes websites. When he's on I'll work out the details with Charles (and you), if you both like him then that's sorted. :)

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well imagine that its going to be an 8 team single elimination bracket. We need four seeds. In my opinion that is holland and sweden definetly. Then, france. One more..so you are saying it should be germany or spain charles?

Spain = over, k12 and straw
Germany= Ice, pamaro, tero, kjab

Not sure who else they have?

Then one team needs to play off to make it into the bracket. Were you suggesting it be norway v finland charles?
Over and Dahean are probably a bit better than the top german players (don't know about Ice tho), whilst germany will probably have more good players arround overall: Ice, Pamaro, Luma, kJaB, Yomi, Pasi (if you add the Austrians since we're like the same community)

Don't count me, I'm not good lol.

Also if you want this tournament really big consider having a conservative ruleset with 7-8 stages:

Neutral: FD, BF, YS, PS, DL
CP: KJ, FoD (remove for doubles), (RC)

Sorry for jumping into this topic.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Stage Striking

CP: KJ, MC, FoD (remove for doubles), (RC)

AmcD

Smash Ace
Have you heard of Jiggs...only joking. Yeah I think it should be on there as well, I just forgot.

Kone

Smash Master
Staff Announcement
------------------------

I would like to have at least two staff get togethers before the tournament itself. So far I am thinking third weekend of April and the last weekend of june or first weekend of July. The first meeting would mainly involve visiting the venue and sorting out a floor plan/video tour of it/detailing how we would arrange it and other prep we need. Second meeting would be to sort out logistics of housing and the running of the days.

Id really like to see joe, charles, ant, alan, ben at these especially and anyone else wanting a large role in the staff team.

Kone

Smash Master
ah, fair enough. Charles put up a thread on NE about making a website, and I know someone who makes websites. When he's on I'll work out the details with Charles (and you), if you both like him then that's sorted. :)
yeah but shin dragon and sho dragon make really good websites too (SvB ones) :p
Let me know what happens with either Alex and Charles. Ask your mate Alex.

Over and Dahean are probably a bit better than the top german players (don't know about Ice tho), whilst germany will probably have more good players arround overall: Ice, Pamaro, Luma, kJaB, Yomi, Pasi (if you add the Austrians since we're like the same community)

Don't count me, I'm not good lol.

Also if you want this tournament really big consider having a conservative ruleset with 7-8 stages:

CP: KJ, FoD (remove for doubles), (RC)

Sorry for jumping into this topic.
You are fine to jump into the thread Tero. I think spain has k12 aswell but I am currently leaning towards germany as the fourth seed. I think results in berlin and any other large tournaments before SNY will allow us to make this decision. Either way with a fourth seed germany will probably end up getting to play spain or the uk anyway. Top seed will get the play off teams and then second most likely norway and then italy for the third seed.

Stage Striking

CP: KJ, MC, FoD (remove for doubles), (RC)
Im pretty happy with this with the addition of brinstar.

sounds good. dates sound ok with me too.
Brilliant Ant. I think the six people I named are the staff team I really need for this to be successful. Obviously, more people willing to help the better but you six have the skills I need :laugh:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Im pretty happy with this with the addition of brinstar.
I think that when those kinda stages get added then it should come in addition with the other gay stages. Cos the gay stages which have been named so far (mute city and brinstar) really only benefit the floaties like Peach and Jiggs while the rest of the gay stages cater to other characters.

So IMO I think that if Brinstar and Mute are added then so should Rainbow Ride, Poke Floats and Corneria.

And if Brinstar isn't added then it should only be the normal 7 stages and then just decid wha's gonna be random and not etc.
Also I love stage striking, I tihnk it should definitely be applied to this.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah I really enjoy stage striking. I dont want to add brinstar if it means the other stages have to be added. I think if we do that alot of europeans wont be happy at all. Ae tero said it has to be somewhat conservative for a really large tournament.

Mybe just the 7 then?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I think that the 7 should just be on tbh.

I thought it would of been better when I came on this page today but then I thought you were def adding Brinstar and Mute which is why I suggested the other stages.

But yeah I think the 7 stages is pretty good.
I think all that needs to be decided is whether Battlefield or FoD is on random.
I would pick FoD just cos Battlefield has gay glitchy edges.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
true but that doesnt make my point invalid lol but fair play you gotta do what you gotta do, i just dont lyk how much limitation the standard 7 have.

Top Bottom